Duel Weilded School Rampage

Started by Sabby, August 26, 2009, 09:49:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sabby

Oniya

I find it telling that the newspaper account (SF Chronicle) doesn't mention video games at all.  The places that make a video game connection are - surprisingly - video game newsfeeds.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Bliss

*points at Oniya's post* Yes, what she said. There wasn't a "video game connection" until the Gizmodo blogger said that it seemed video game-ish - and even then, didn't apparently make link to any specific video game.

One thing I noticed reading the comments on that particular link... those commenters spent a lot of energy deriding the undescribed sword as probably just being stainless steel and therefore brittle... so what? Even if it has a tendency to break if you whack it against a table, it's still edged steel. It'll slice into fleshy things just fine. :(

But yeah; all things considered, it definitely sounds more like a messed up kid just trying to hurt people with whatever tools and weaponry he had at hand, not like any kind of video game emulation at all.
O/O ~ Wiki ~ A/A ~ Discord: Bliss#0337
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

Sabby

As a long time GP reader, I've learnt that they post this stuff regardless, as most of it will get a video game spin on it somewhere else. Just trying to follow it, I guess.