Exalted: Kawaii edition.

Started by Ajoxer, May 02, 2008, 11:16:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ajoxer

Recently, I've discovered the Exalted: Kawaii edition. As I'm one week from being FINISHED, BLESSEDLY FINISHED with Finals, I intend to make another long overdue at not being a horrible failure at GMing!

My intention is as such: An Exalted Kawaii game, using the flavor and setting of Kawaii, with the rules and such of 2e. http://exalted.xi.co.nz/wiki/wiki.pl?TheKawaiiEdition for the flavor.

The gist of it is, the entire thing has been given a much more Anime-esque style. Motes have been replaced with pure damn Moe. Charms are named such because they involve charming the entire universe into agreeing with you because you're so damn cute. The Bishounen, Solar stand-ins, were the leaders of the Harem age, until their lust for greater Harems drove the Helping-Goddesses to push the Magical Girls into revolt against them. The Bishounen and their Catgirl mates fought valiantly, but they were defeated. Cut some two millenium later, and the Neo-Scarlet Empress has disappeared. The Nevercutes created their Lords of Cute Angst, who perverted Bishounen essences into the Gothic Lolitas.

I'm interested in putting together a game of Magical Girls. As you might guess, it's pretty much female only, so barring a good argument or being someone who I know pretty damn well, that's something to keep in mind. I'm looking for about 4-5 players, something in that region. Post in here if you've got something in mind, or you wish to discuss the idea, I'm still open to any strong preferences as to location and general theme.
I have a shock collar, designed for maximum Player/GM efficiency. If you see that I have not properly been fulfilling my duties in posting regularly, or a game being held back because I haven't posted, PM me and give me hell!

Ajoxer

The initial idea I'm having for how to make the game go would be to have this small group sent out to search for the Scarlet Empress for various reasons, most likely because they pissed somebody off horribly. Fun and excitement in the North, South, East, or West, depending on what we feel like, though I'm leaning towards South and East particularly, because who doesn't love belly-dancers? Starting level characters, Magical Girls for the most part. Game will lean towards the goofy but kinky. It's unlikely that there will be any tragic sad scenes unless it involves Gothic Lolitas, and even then, it will be played for melodramatic laughs.
I have a shock collar, designed for maximum Player/GM efficiency. If you see that I have not properly been fulfilling my duties in posting regularly, or a game being held back because I haven't posted, PM me and give me hell!

MadPanda

Much as I'm pretty much Exalted-out right now (without a LOT of shepherding, as Muse can tell you) this looks just too much fun to pass up!

Hmmm.  Holy Thief aligned with the Houris, I think.  Lingerie appropriation for fun and cheap yuri scenes...
Voluptas ailuri fulgentis decretum est!
Omnis nimis, temperantia ob coenobitae.
(Jes, tiuj frazoj estas malĝustaj. Pandoj fakte ne komprenas la latinan!)

One on Ones Suggestion Box
Group Game Suggestion Box
Pandariffic Ons and Otherwise
In Memory of Bishrook

GrinningHound

I would really like to play in this.

Problem, though.  I know NOTHING of the Exalted game.  I pick up rules and such rather quickly, I play other system games.

If that's cool, I think I could do with a list of available character types or classes, and I'll pick one, and if it's not too much trouble, just put the crunchy bits together for me?  If someone helps tell me what to roll and stuff in game, I'm sure to pick it up in no time.

Barring that, I might be able to get a pdf of the exalted book.

Muse

Excuse me, Grinning Hound.  I'm on all night and most of tomorow.  My MSN and Yahoo contact information is on my charecter info.  Drop me a line and I'll help you out. 

I would also like to check this out, though the Kawaii Edition inforation is stuff I need to read up on myself. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Ajoxer

This'll be my first time GMing with 2e rules, as I recall, so it'll be... INTERESTING. Hahahahahah!

CirclMastr

I am heavily intrigued, but I must confess I'm no good playing across genders.  Is there any chance I can join the game as a Bishounen?
Ons & offs - https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=8373.0
Statistics are like a bikini; what they reveal is significant, but what they conceal is even more important.

Ajoxer

Hmmm. I'd rather keep the power level fairly level at the moment, however, I might consider allowing for a Heroic Mortal, if you're willing. Besides, the survival rate for a heroic mortal around a group of Magical Girls is likely to be somewhat better than that of a Bishounen.

And hey, every Pink Bishoujo Ghetto needs its token dude.

CirclMastr

Hmm.... eh, sure, why not.  Though the Magical Girls will have to keep me alive or I'll have a lifespan of about three seconds once combat starts.
Ons & offs - https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=8373.0
Statistics are like a bikini; what they reveal is significant, but what they conceal is even more important.

Ajoxer

Oadenol's Codex, I believe, has a good source of thaumaturgy. If the others are kind enough to give you a monopoly on that, well, it oughta be enough to at least make you fairly useful. Some sorcerory can be important, after all. Now, do we prefer to keep the castes and such for Kawaii Edition, or for the original game? I'm inclined towards the latter, personally.

Ajoxer

Just send me a private message if you want the books besides the core, I've finished uploading 'em.

AstraKiseki

*screeching slide*  I'M INTERESTED.

... I can't believe someone had to tell me this was being played.  >.>  Anyways, yes, I'm interested.  Granted, I'll have to talk to you over AIM about my idea first.  It's a bit weird.

MadPanda

Let's see.

Would lingerie appropriation count as an additional fetish?   :)  "I'm not a pervert.  This is just how I count coup.  Any idiot can beat someone up, but to steal the passion-damp panties of an angry opponent, you gotta have skills."  (holds up Fredericks of Lookshy exclusive embroidered g-string)  "Yours, I believe?"

In Memory of Bishrook

Ajoxer

Sounds like a very worthy Fetish.

Ajoxer

Well, just to let everyone know, the plan is to use 2e Dragon-blooded rules, because I trust them more than those on the web. >_>

MadPanda

I already asked him that.
Got turned down.

...mew of great disappoinme...MOUSE!

In Memory of Bishrook

Ajoxer

*defeats your Head-Biting Technique with his Endoskeleton Prana!* But yeah, I've got some things in mind that are more suitable for Magical Girls than Catgirls.

But don't worry, just because you're playing Magical Girls doesn't mean there won't be some catgirl lovin'.

MadPanda

Mmmmm...explicit catgirl yuri...(drools)

In Memory of Bishrook

Ajoxer

Things I intend to keep from Kawaii

Flavor, History, etcetera, and the Fetishes linked to Moe.

Things I might be convinced to keep if you make a good case and it isn't immediately obviously overpowered, artifacts and some charms.

MadPanda

I hear ya.

Maybe later, yes?  (turns Big Panda Eyes on GM, fails Manipulation check, pouts...)

In Memory of Bishrook

Ajoxer

Thankfully, I'm doing Finals, so my Compassion has been reduced to 0 and my Conviction is at about a 6, so no. Not for all the apple-sauce in gluckenshlaben.

Ajoxer

Anyway, as of now, we have

Magical Girls
Astra
Josh
Madpanda
Muse
Grinning Hound

Heroic Mortals
Circl

For now, unless one of them drops out of the game, that's all we'll be taking on, heh.

Ajoxer

GrinningHound

While magical (and possibly feline) yuri isn't all bad, I'm actually way more into het romance.  (M/F)

Yuri comes off as a little fake to me most of the time.  If I'm playing a female character I'd rather her be involved with a guy. :)

MadPanda

I believe this can be arranged.  There ARE Bishonen out and about, after all.

In Memory of Bishrook