[Interest Check] ISS Venture (sci-fi, extreme)

Started by ivygrowth, June 05, 2011, 11:19:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ivygrowth

The ISS Venture was to be the first human ship capable of faster than light travel.  It would achieve this by punching a hole in space and time to travel through, allowing itself to jump instantly to any location within a hundred light years.  The Venture had more than ten-thousand people onboard when it left the Earth's orbit, the bulk in stasis.  They were a mix of people, anyone the project heads had decided would be useful when exploring a new world.  On January 1, 2055, the Venture activated its FTL drive for the first time...

---------------------------

The basic concept is that a ship full of people (most in stasis to allow new ones to join later) have opened a portal to a dimension best described as hell.  From the portal a variety of terrifying creatures are issuing forth.  These creatures, both corporeal and incorporeal, are now in direct conflict with the crew who must try and find a way to close the portal and return home.  Most of the activity would take place on the ship, though I could also see shuttle missions to moons and planets. 

The game would be rated extreme, though people would have to abide by other player's limits.  It would also be heavy on adult/erotic content, though my goal is to have a plot.

I would be in control of the plot, and referee conflicts between characters (when the players involved can't or don't want to decide the result themselves).  I would also control the Captain (though she would by no means be immune or all powerful.  The only limitation on what could happen to her that I have would be death or mutilation).

I would be looking for players to take the role of both crew members and 'demons'.

Would anyone be interested in such a game?

Athos

I'd be interesting in playing a demon type character

Current roleplay status:  Looking for new stories.

"Weep," said Athos, "Weep, heart full of love, youth and life! Alas, I would I could weep like you!"

Question Mark

Two questions. 

Are the demons sentient?  Or is the more like the creeping insanity and unreality of the Event Horizon movie?

Will plot dictate sex, or sex dictate plot?  I could see this being a really good story, but if the story's just there to allow for demon on human sex, I'll be backing out.

ivygrowth

I would prefer they are sentient, but I suppose a player could make one that is non-sentient.  Though I will admit Event Horizon was the inspiration for this idea. 

I would prefer the plot dictates the sex, but it would depend somewhat on player choices.  I don't want to railroad players, but at the same time I will do my best to keep the plot the central focus and moving.  However, I imagine demon on human sex will be relatively common. 

Question Mark

Consider me interested.  Not committed just yet, but I'll stick around and watch where this goes.

Kate

this would be interesting. I would be curious about being a crew member.

What sort of examples in technology do we have ? is it pretty much what we have now plus ftl ? - because some breakthrough happens and all research got thrown into that for the last 30 years or so - then it happened - we "figured it out" and started making our own engines which could....

I assume the general premise is that there are right ways to do it - and a host of wrong ways. And the one we figured out first was one of the latter.  :)

Mystic Mika

Most definately interested for a spot on the crew,
The difference between saving the world and blowing it up is all in the toss of the dice.

ivygrowth

I would probably use the general rule of current technology, but more advanced.  So a more powerful firearm with more ammunition, faster computers with limited AI, more effective medicine, and so on.  I might also allow special technology on a case by case basis (at character creation or if it works with the plot), but wouldn't have a list of it to start with. 

And yes, the basic premise would be that they made a bad choice in terms of technology.

If we can get a couple more players we could probably start this up. 

TheHangedOne

I'd be interested in playing a 'good' demon. Good in the sense he's not outright trying to kill/rape the crew.
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Scribbles

Sounds like fun. I'd be interested in playing a crew member.
AA and OO
Current Games: Stretched Thin, Very Little Time

Kate

ivygrowth

could you post us a net pic to give us a "Feel" for the future ?

Chocolate Sin

Consider me interested. More to come when I have some time.

Cdizk

interested in either crew or demon. My only turn off is that if I see anything resembling Sam Neil, I'll hurl. Event Horizon was a terrible, terrible film.

i'll be really interested if i can decapitate Sam Neil somewhere along the rp!

Kaiten

This seems interesting. Would it be similar to Pandorum?

ivygrowth

Quote from: Kate on June 07, 2011, 06:42:35 AM
ivygrowth

could you post us a net pic to give us a "Feel" for the future ?
If you mean just an image, I am still trying to find one that fits, but will post one when I find one.

Quote from: Kaiten on June 07, 2011, 04:12:54 PM
This seems interesting. Would it be similar to Pandorum?
That is the colony ship one that came out a year or two ago?  Some similarities, though maybe a bit less of a hunted feel.

--

Below is the OOC thread, please locate the character sheets there and post your character.  If I missed something on the sheet, let me know. 

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=109515.0

Qt

Interested in playing either a crew or a demon.

Kate

so like ALIENS (ie that sort of tech level)

Question Mark

Oooh, if we're going for a Pandorum, Aliens and Event Horizon trifecta smorgasbord feel with this RP, I want in.  LIKE SO BAD.

Those are three of my favorite Sci-Fi movies, especially the first two.

bigwad73

Bad puns!  Horrible jokes!  Odd SF and Fantasy references!  Mastery of useless information!  Expert in old TV shows and movies!  And yes, I'm "mature"!    Ons and Offs   And more    Interests   NEW As and As as of 5/12/16. Look here!!!!

TheHangedOne

??? Is it me, or does everyone want to be a demon?  >:)
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Kaiten

I don't want to be a demon! (I play them too much)

ivygrowth

Quote from: Kate on June 08, 2011, 07:48:16 AM
so like ALIENS (ie that sort of tech level)

That would be about right for the technology level.  Though maybe lacking the fully sentient androids. 

Spots are still available, if interested please post a character in the above linked OOC thread.

Scribbles

I'm waiting to see what others post so I can get a better idea of the type of character which might fit.
AA and OO
Current Games: Stretched Thin, Very Little Time

ivygrowth

Quote from: prurientelf on June 08, 2011, 06:44:12 PM
I will post my heroine over their shortly.  So sort of a Ridley Scott world it sounds like-what are the uniform/fashion like?  And is earth one government or still fractured into nations?  Have gender rolls changed at all?
~elf.

The world itself would be similar to our own, though maybe a little more desperate due to lack of food, water, resources, etc.  There would be more rich (mostly taking advantage of the situation for their own gain) and more poor, with fewer in the middle.  Uniforms would probably vary, since it isn't a unified group, though they would wear a shoulder patch designating their rank on the ship.  Other than that, casual uniforms would probably be one-piece flightsuit type things.

The world is still comprised of fractured nations, with the ISS Venture being designed largely be committee.  Gender roles would be the same, varying by country and such.