Unicode not working when I Modify message

Started by Andronica, March 28, 2020, 10:24:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andronica

Hey all. For the past few years I've been decorating my posts with special characters from the character map. No issues in any browser.  However, earlier this month when I used the Modify Message function at the bottom right of a post to make some edits, all I see is the unicode instead of the symbol after hitting save.

Before & After

I tested this out on the most updated versions of Chrome, Firefox and even Edge and they all showed the same issue when I made edits through the bottom Modify button.

Is it a Windows update issue or have I messed something up in my browser, etc? Hoping someone tech savvy will be able to shed some light on it. Thanks! :)

Despairs

While I have yet to discover the source of the problem, the only solution I have found is to use the modify button at the top of a post instead of the bottom one. Another solution is to simply delete the unicode,(backspace) and then click save. The former solution works well. The unicode doesn't appear in all parts of a post, just a few of them from what I have encountered.
---> Click here to visit current request thread for pairings with plots as well as ons and offs.<---
Note: Strictly  homosexual pairings as the main focus in stories bore me, however I am fine with it as side pairings as long as I write for the males  in a relationship with each other, or the two  males involved with each other and the female in a polyamory relationship.

Status: May be slow in replying to messages due to online Uni and job hunting.

Uni graduation: 8/24/25.

Andronica

Hi Despairs! I noticed that, too. The issue arises only from the bottom Modify button - which I have a habit of using really frequently. I've been trying to use the top Modify exclusively these days but now and then I forget to do so. I'd like to find a solution for whatever is causing the error, if it exists.

Al Terego