Uplifting / Positive News Stories

Started by Blythe, September 23, 2016, 12:14:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Quixotic

https://www.smh.com.au/healthcare/final-donation-for-man-whose-blood-helped-save-2-4-million-babies-20180511-p4zerp.html

Unsung heroes, I loved waking up this morning to read about the man whose blood has helped saved the lives of 2.4 million Australian babies.
Request Thread And Story Links          O/O's

Current Status - Actively seeking another story or two. If we've noticed each other but, for som reason never connected, or we've written/plotted before and you'd like to again, please shoot me a PM.

'I, myself, am made entirely of flaws, stitched together with good intentions.'

AzureRain

Quote from: Mr Quixotic on May 23, 2018, 05:23:00 PM
https://www.smh.com.au/healthcare/final-donation-for-man-whose-blood-helped-save-2-4-million-babies-20180511-p4zerp.html

Unsung heroes, I loved waking up this morning to read about the man whose blood has helped saved the lives of 2.4 million Australian babies.

Aw Quix, I love this!! Thanks for the share :)
O/Os // PLAYLIST // A/As

"To see the world, things dangerous to come to, to see behind walls, draw closer,
to find each other, and to feel. That is the purpose of life.”

Mr Quixotic

Quote from: AzureRain on May 24, 2018, 03:48:50 PM
Aw Quix, I love this!! Thanks for the share :)

I knew you of all people would enjoy it. If you hadn't found it here, I would've PM'ed it :) Heard about him on the radio on the way into work, then googled and found that story. It brightened up my day.
Request Thread And Story Links          O/O's

Current Status - Actively seeking another story or two. If we've noticed each other but, for som reason never connected, or we've written/plotted before and you'd like to again, please shoot me a PM.

'I, myself, am made entirely of flaws, stitched together with good intentions.'

gaggedLouise

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-44275776

A migrant man from Mali who's been in France just a couple of months, was on the way to a football cup match but took some time off when he passed a house where an infant was hanging from a balcony. Climbing four storeys up on the outside of the building in less than a minute, Malando rescued the kid. Amazing!  :D

The guy has been offered both work as a fireman and fast-tracked French citizenship - by president Macron personally. :)

Good girl but bad  -- Proud sister of the amazing, blackberry-sweet Violet Girl

Sometimes bound and cuntrolled, sometimes free and easy 

"I'm a pretty good cook, I'm sitting on my groceries.
Come up to my kitchen, I'll show you my best recipes"

Captain Maltese

Quote from: gaggedLouise on May 28, 2018, 06:22:47 AM
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-44275776

A migrant man from Mali who's been in France just a couple of months, was on the way to a football cup match but took some time off when he passed a house where an infant was hanging from a balcony. Climbing four storeys up on the outside of the building in less than a minute, Malando rescued the kid. Amazing!  :D

The guy has been offered both work as a fireman and fast-tracked French citizenship - by president Macron personally. :)

That was in the news here too. Well done, that guy. I am also pretty amazed by the infant that managed to hang on to a balcony by just his arms for a whole minute.

Posting status:  25th December: Up To Date 5 of 9 : last month 2, this month 5, total 38 posts for 2023.

O/O            Current stories

gaggedLouise

Quote from: Captain Maltese on May 28, 2018, 07:23:39 AM
That was in the news here too. Well done, that guy. I am also pretty amazed by the infant that managed to hang on to a balcony by just his arms for a whole minute.

Seems somebody was reaching over to him/her from the next balcony and steadying the child a bit, perhaps holding on to one forearm or the like...but that would not have been enough to make sure the kid didn't fall, either.

gaggedLouise

A sad backside to the news story about the kid: to anyone wondering how his parents could let him get out on the balcony unguarded, it seems the couple have been separated for some time with the mother living in another city. The father had been alone at home with the kid, but went out shopping - and then stayed outdoors to play Pokemon Go...no worries about the infant there.  >:( The public prosecutor says Pa could get two years in jail and some high fines for neglecting the safety of his kid.

RedRose

Yeah.
That, and the comments of it being staged so the guy gets his citizenship. Well, given the risks he took, and that he wants to be a fireman, I doubt he's just there for the citizenship.

People will be blaming video games even more. The thing about France, there's no law telling you when you can leave a child at home. You can be in trial if something happens, but that's it. I feel there should be something between the people driving their teens around, and leaving an active toddler alone.
O/O and ideas - write if you'd be a good Aaron Warner (Juliette) [Shatter me], Tarkin (Leia), Wilkins (Faith) [Buffy the VS]
[what she reading: 50 TALES A YEAR]

CriminalMindsFan

The story of a couple who both planned to propose while at a zoo is touching. Was even a same sex female couple. After the first woman got on a knee to propose, her girlfriend pulled out the ring she had purchased. LOL

Sara Nilsson

Quote from: CriminalMindsFan on May 30, 2018, 07:42:03 PM
The story of a couple who both planned to propose while at a zoo is touching. Was even a same sex female couple. After the first woman got on a knee to propose, her girlfriend pulled out the ring she had purchased. LOL

link?

Lustful Bride

Lustful Bride

CassieBear

I'm hoping anyone who knows ASL would have helped this man, but I am proud that this young lady is part of our up and coming generation.

A man who was blind and deaf aboard a flight couldn't correspond with flight crew and they asked if anyone knew how to finger spell letters to him. The article claims slightly different, but on the news this morning, she had said that he was asking for a glass of water and later on for the last hour so so duration of the flight she went back and conversed with him because he seemed lonely. Either way, good for her!

https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2018/06/22/calabasas-teen-blind-deaf-man-flight/
Ideas|O/O's|Post Tracker
Click Me!
Random PMs always welcome.
Roleplays:Not actively seeking.
Posting Frequency: Up to a Month
Replies Owed: 1 of 4

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: CassieBear on June 23, 2018, 11:12:43 AM
I'm hoping anyone who knows ASL would have helped this man, but I am proud that this young lady is part of our up and coming generation.

A man who was blind and deaf aboard a flight couldn't correspond with flight crew and they asked if anyone knew how to finger spell letters to him. The article claims slightly different, but on the news this morning, she had said that he was asking for a glass of water and later on for the last hour so so duration of the flight she went back and conversed with him because he seemed lonely. Either way, good for her!

https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2018/06/22/calabasas-teen-blind-deaf-man-flight/

Very nice, though I think the editor have used a second pass. At the end it says she 'wants to senator' someday. :D

Oniya

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on June 23, 2018, 11:22:41 AM
I think the editor have used a second pass.

Oh, everyone a word now and then.  ;)
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Cassandra LeMay

Unesco has removed the Belize Barrier Reef (second largest in the world) from its list of endangered World Heritage Sites after nine years, after Belize passed a moratorium on oil exploration.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-44627719
ONs, OFFs, and writing samples | Oath of the Drake

You can not value dreams according to the odds of their becoming true.
(Sonia Sotomayor)

Orval Wintermute

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2018/06/26/modified-polio-vaccine-extends-lives-in-us-brain-cancer-study.html
So an organism humanity has done it's best to wipe turns out to be useful after all. Maybe there's a lesson in there somewhere. 

Lustful Bride

TheGlyphstone

Oniya

"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Orval Wintermute

Gal Gadot visits the Inova Children’s Hospital in her Wonder Woman outfit.

Image changed to link due to kiddo being in it.  KS, for Staff

Blythe

Quote from: Oniya on July 08, 2018, 02:12:03 PM
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-44757804

Four of the boys trapped in the Thai cave have been evacuated.

I really hope they get the rest out. I have been watching the news about this and hoping they will all be okay. :(

Lustful Bride

Lustful Bride

I am glad this man made it to retirement. I hope he finds peace with what he went through and can live in peace from here on out :)

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/first-fire-chief-to-rush-into-twin-towers-on-9-11-becomes-last-to-retire/ar-AAzWKQZ?ocid=spartandhp