News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Reimagining the Trojan War as High School Life

Started by Syene, October 22, 2011, 12:42:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yesiroleplay

I don't think we have a Paris.
Which is just as well actually, as he was a huge wimp.  Hector, on the other hand, was a major stud.
Except when he ran away from Achilles like a scared little girl, of course.

Caela

Quote from: yesiroleplay on October 29, 2011, 09:39:58 PM
Which is just as well actually, as he was a huge wimp.  Hector, on the other hand, was a major stud.

I'd say running from Achilles is just good sense!

Modified my profile to incorporate Cleo having a sister. :D

Flower

lol I agree Caela

Look at what happened to Penthesiliea   ;D

yesiroleplay

Achilles is the reason I nearly chose Patroclus.  Some of the Ancient Grecian writers held up their relationship as the perfect romantic pairing.
Edit:  Of course Achilles gave Penthesiliea exactly what she wanted.  She joined the war as penance, after all.

Belisuavious

Quote from: yesiroleplay on October 29, 2011, 09:39:58 PM

Well, he was still recorded as being the noblest of all the heroes in the Trojan War. Besides, the two fought twice, one time like in the movie and the second time that resulted in his death.

Syene

Serena looks good. I'll try to get some threads up today.
[tr][td]
[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td][/td][td][/td][/tr]
[/table]
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td][/td][/tr][/table]

Dark Deception

Any room for a Menelaus? I was kind of reluctant since I saw you had an even amount from both schools.

Currently involved in: 6 role plays

yesiroleplay

Quote from: Syene on October 30, 2011, 12:04:38 PMSerena looks good. I'll try to get some threads up today.
Excellent!  I'm really looking forward to this.

Syene

Quote from: Dark Deception on October 30, 2011, 01:38:28 PM
Any room for a Menelaus? I was kind of reluctant since I saw you had an even amount from both schools.

I think so. I don't want to take many more than that, but I don't mind minor unevenness.
[tr][td]
[/table]
[tr][td]

Dark Deception

Hm...you said the captain of the football team's girlfriend, and then in pendarios's character profile, I'm assuming the captain of the football team's name is Johnson Smith, and if you were expecting the captain of the football team to be Menelaus's character, I wasn't planning for his name to be Johnson Smith.

yesiroleplay

Johnson Smith was another character that withdrew from the game

Dark Deception

Oh ok. No wonder I was confused. Another thought, I was thinking Agamemnon would be captain of the football team since he actually led Greece against Troy. Menelaus participated in the fight as leader of the Spartan contingent and not the entire military. I was going to have him be a full back as well as backup quarterback in the case his brother gets sacked.  ::)

pendarious

our Achillies withdrew? well then I'll have to edit my sheet
Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?
Revolver Ocelot: *shrug* Practice.
—The Last Days Of FOXHOUND

yesiroleplay

Well, I assume he withdrew, as he deleted his character from this thread.
Very sad.  He'll be missed

Dark Deception

Name: Jack “The Jackhammer” Williams / His real name is actually Oswald “Ozzy” Williams, but anyone who addresses him in such a way has an automatic death sentence. Only his mother is allowed to call him that.
Personality: Just your 1950s bad boy, sporting the varsity football team jacket. Other members of the team swarm around him and his brother like a wolf pack, basking in their charisma. Jack is often the quiet one, letting his brother talk, while he listens. If anyone mentions any of his games, he could probably talk them to death about it. Between him and his brother, Jack is the more violent one. He’s a bully. He’ll dump any nerd in a trash can (except for Thomas Anderson who stepped into his good graces by helping him with his math – he’s also the only nerd Jack will protect from other bullies) and be in the bathroom giving any of his challengers a swirly if they even threaten to try to take the school from him. Jack believes that he and his brother rule West Hellas High.

Jack is arrogant, but he isn’t vain. In fact, he’s not too socially observant. Therefore, the girls find him a hard cookie to crack. Being the best in most things considered masculine is all he cares and thinks about. His father is slightly abusive because he believes his sons to be winners and not losers. If Jack gets into a fight, he has to win no matter the odds. When it comes to girls, his father believes that he only deserves the hottest girls in school.

When Jack isn’t being followed by his gang, he retreats to the school equipment shed, which in the very back he’s made into his private quarters to relax. It is his escape from life and its stresses. All he has is his radio, a bag of cannabis, some school work, and sometimes a good dirty magazine.

As previously stated, Jack doesn’t like to be called by his real name. Only a few people know it, and he won’t hesitate to deck anyone who calls him by it. Jack is short-tempered and more than likely the one to swing first. He can be possessive over his belongings that even his brother won’t touch his things.

Background: Jack was born to an abusive father. His father was always very proud of his sons to the point that he couldn’t stand for them to screw up. If Jack was caught by the police for a crime or lost a fight at school, his father would be in his face, spitting curses that would make a sailor blush and laying out the discipline not because committing a crime or fighting in school is wrong. It would be because he got caught and he lost the fight. Only losers, wimps, and pussies did those things.

Jack learned quick how to please his father even if what he did wasn’t the right thing to do. Regardless, he still hates his father but loves his mother. She’s always praying for him, hoping that he’ll make it through school, and become successful so that he can get away from his father. Like calling him by his first name, no one is allowed to talk about Jack’s mother in a negative fashion. For being such a tough guy, he’s secretly a mama’s boy.

Life has been looking up since he started attending West Hellas High. He’s on the football team with his brother, they rule the school, but because this is his senior year, he’s starting to dread what reality will have for him once he graduates. His father wants him to join the Army so he can make a true man out of himself, but Jack has been trying to consider other options.

Past Life:
Menelaus was a legendary king of Mycenaean Sparta. Before the Trojan War, he didn’t expect to win the hand of Helen of Troy, but who would refuse such a lovely prize? Even his brother Agamemnon had desired her, but The Fates had chosen Menelaus. In his opinion, all was well. He treated Helen like the queen she was and remained very protective of her. There were times where a guest at his banquets would look at her funny, unknowingly to her that man was never seen again.

Menelaus became enraged when Paris stole Helen behind his back. One might have thought he should have been angry with Helen as well for going with him, but his fury was solely for Paris. A thousand ships were launched for her return and Menelaus challenged Paris to a duel. Fearing Paris’s death, Aphrodite swept him to safety, and the Trojan War continued without settle.

Menelaus continued to fight for Helen’s return after the war. He murdered the next man that had married her after Paris’s death, Deiphobus, and after nearly dying himself from an arrow wound exacted by Pandarus, his plans changed. He became angry and exasperated with chasing Helen and sought to kill her. However, things didn’t go as planned. Helen was a stunning woman and knew the right moves to sway the king into dropping his sword. He chose to take her back to Sparta where much spanking punishment was to be had.

I didn't mention much of the relationship he has with other characters. If anything was going to be collaborated, I wanted to talk about it first.

I hope what I wrote considering your character pendarious is okay. If not, let me know and I'll change it.

But yeah, if anyone wants to talk about relationships between characters let me know. I don't mean the lovey-dovey kind of relationships but interactions. How one character might view another character.

Also, let me know if this profile is fine or not.

Syene

Looks good to me. Hadn't realized our Achilles was gone...
[tr][td]
[/table]
[tr][td]

pendarious

I don't mind the bit you put about my character Dark Deception *chuckles* I actually find it an advantageous scenerio in a way.
Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?
Revolver Ocelot: *shrug* Practice.
—The Last Days Of FOXHOUND

yesiroleplay

Jack sounds like a self-centered jerk and possibly even abusive.  No wonder Selena dumped him

Dark Deception

Quote from: yesiroleplay on October 30, 2011, 09:03:49 PM
Jack sounds like a self-centered jerk and possibly even abusive.  No wonder Selena dumped him

Spoken like a true Trojan  ::)

Caela

Quote from: Dark Deception on October 30, 2011, 09:07:49 PM
Spoken like a true Trojan  ::)

This actually reminds me how is the whole switching boyfriends thing going to work for Serena? Will she be convincing the parents to let her switch schools too, or having to deal with the ridicule (not that Cleo will let folks get away with much of that, at least in front of her) at her old school?

Dark Deception

I didn't know she went to Sparta. I thought she was apart of Troy and they were dating across schools.

Oh yeah, by the way, Jack isn't abusive (at least not to women), but I wouldn't provoke him lol.  ::)

Caela

Quote from: Dark Deception on October 30, 2011, 09:14:59 PM
I didn't know she went to Sparta. I thought she was apart of Troy and they were dating across schools.

They are dating across schools but as Helen reincarnate she'd start as a Spartan. I think she got put on the troy list cause Helen ended up with Paris.

Dark Deception

If Serena is fiery, then I wouldn't be surprised if she said or did something to perhaps have spurred Jack to slap her, and thus the end of their relationship lol.

Caela

Quote from: Dark Deception on October 30, 2011, 09:21:04 PM
If Serena is fiery, then I wouldn't be surprised if she said or did something to perhaps have spurred Jack to slap her, and thus the end of their relationship lol.

lmao...Just let him try! If he thinks Serena is fiesty she'll be nothing to a pissed off Cleo!