The Tree of Life

Started by Valerian, June 22, 2010, 01:40:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zealously Jaded

Absinthe walked slowly out of her hut, a pale as a sheet, the terror of unknowing during the night caused for little comfort… And now the accusations were flying thick and fast... “Must we all accuse one another…Can’t we seek a way to banish the ones who did this?” She looked round…

“But…if it will stop the madness I choose Mithlomwen if I am wrong may the Gods forgive.”

Valerian

Current Voting:

Marguerite (5) - Imogen, Mithlomwen, Aiden, Beguile's Mistress, RP7466
Mithlomwen (4) - Eden, Kyrsa, Absinthe Tori, Marguerite
Absinthe Tori (1) - Kip
Aiden (0)
Ariadne (0)
Beguile's Mistress (0)
Eden (0)
Imogen (0)
Kip (0)
Kyrsa (0)
RP7466 (0)
sinera (0)

Yet to vote: Ariadne, sinera

There are 6 Keltoi, 1 Seanacha (Seer), 1 Niadh Nask (Champion), 1 Druí, and 3 Bean sídhe.
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Beguile's Mistress

Beguile looked at each in turn but her gaze returned to Marguerite as her suspicions of the day before refused to be denied. 

"I feel it in my bones.  She's one of them.  I'm sure of it!" 

Marguerite

Quote from: Beguile's Mistress on July 08, 2010, 02:37:57 PM
Beguile looked at each in turn but her gaze returned to Marguerite as her suspicions of the day before refused to be denied. 

"I feel it in my bones.  She's one of them.  I'm sure of it!"

"Your bones must be brittle to think I am Beguile and I am agreeing with Eden's vision of Mith being the one to take out Moirae." She shook a finger at Beguile while going off to support Eden with the blue paint. She trusted Eden and knew her choices were not off. "Eden knows all."
*R.R*A.A*O.O*Wiki*Bordello*Whip and Apple*
You Keep On Crying, Baby, I'll Bleed You Dry
Mar Is Currently: Taking On Threads
Check My Absence Thread For Updates, Thank You

RP7466

RP looked around still unsure. Eden and Marguerite seem to follow eachothers lead to readily. When lives are at stake, we need to be thinking hard for ourselves.

I vote Marguerite
"It's my only politics... anti-wife. Any woman who devotes herself to making one man miserable instead of a lot of men happy don't get my vote"

John Wayne as Sam McCord

Mithlomwen

Mith nodded at RP, and glanced at the rest of the villagers.  "Do none of you find it odd that both Eden and Marguerite have both voted for me twice in a row now?  Especially given that the first round of voting that I did not vote for either of them?  Why would I kill Moirae when I did not even have suspicion of her?  They both have shown that their alliance is to each other, and the fact that they have both tried to accuse me through two rounds of voting seems as if they are hiding something.  One or both of them might in fact be the evil that has settled in upon us."  She spoke softly, trying to get the other villagers to see the pattern in Eden and Marguerite's voting. 
Baby, it's all I know,
that your half of the flesh and blood that makes me whole...

Marguerite

"You do know we can freely vote for someone without looking crazy. Did you not also vote for me twice in a row too, Mith?," she asked, shaking her head.

Nadir

"If there is any evidence you can offer up about another Mith, I'm willing to reconsider." Eden shrugs and slinks off to get hir blueness re-painted

Mithlomwen

Quote from: Marguerite on July 09, 2010, 11:10:50 AM
"You do know we can freely vote for someone without looking crazy. Did you not also vote for me twice in a row too, Mith?," she asked, shaking her head.

"No.  I voted for sinera the first round."  She said politely, pointing out that this round was indeed the only time she had placed her vote with Marguerite.
Baby, it's all I know,

sinera

sinera sighs unhappily. "I know not which of you to choose." She bows her head. "I say Mithlomwen. Let Ariadne choose between you."

She turns away, hoping Ariadne is wiser than she.
O/O | A/A | My Intro | Fairytale Requests
Apparently some people don't read my O/O before adding me on MSN/Y! - so I'll say it here: IF YOU DON'T TELL ME YOU'RE FROM E, I WILL NOT ACCEPT BUDDY REQUESTS. Please read my O/O before PMing me with ideas, thanks.
Best IRC cybersex come-on line EVER: "I see you're an erotica writer...So, do you ever do any realtime collaborations?"

Marguerite

Quote from: Mithlomwen on July 09, 2010, 11:37:05 AM
"No.  I voted for sinera the first round."  She said politely, pointing out that this round was indeed the only time she had placed her vote with Marguerite.

"Then who was the one to point the finger first?," she questioned glancing back. "I am a bit busy with painting Eden to cause much mayhem."

Mithlomwen

Quote from: Marguerite on July 09, 2010, 01:27:33 PM
"Then who was the one to point the finger first?," she questioned glancing back. "I am a bit busy with painting Eden to cause much mayhem."

"Eden was first to point her finger toward me, with you the second person to do so." Mith said in answer to the question. 
Baby, it's all I know,

Valerian

Current Voting:

Marguerite (6) - Imogen, Mithlomwen, Aiden, Beguile's Mistress, RP7466, Kip
Mithlomwen (5) - Eden, Kyrsa, Absinthe Tori, Marguerite, sinera
Absinthe Tori (0)
Aiden (0)
Ariadne (0)
Beguile's Mistress (0)
Eden (0)
Imogen (0)
Kip (0)
Kyrsa (0)
RP7466 (0)
sinera (0)

Yet to vote: Ariadne

There are 6 Keltoi, 1 Seanacha (Seer), 1 Niadh Nask (Champion), 1 Druí, and 3 Bean sídhe.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Nadir

Seeing as it's against the rules to be prejudice against the first voter, how about you bring forwards something actually useful?

Kip

Bracing himself, Kip pushed himself up and stood swaying for a few seconds before taking the few unsteady steps needed to join the group.

Using his earthenware jug as a pointer, he gestured towards Marguerite.

"Seeing as my first suspicion doesn't seem of interest to anyone....  I'll go with another..." he said before being distracted by a bird in the distant sky.

"You say good start, I say perfect ending. 
This world has no heart and mine is beyond mending."
~Jay Brannan~

"Am I an angel or a monster?  A hero or a villian? Why can't I see the difference?"
~Mohinder Suresh~

Mithlomwen

Quote from: Eden on July 09, 2010, 01:48:22 PM
Seeing as it's against the rules to be prejudice against the first voter, how about you bring forwards something actually useful?

"I'm not trying to say that I'm prejudiced against the first voter, merely answering Marg's question as to who it was who first voted for me."   Mith explained.  "Look, I'm not trying to start an argument, or a fight amongst ourselves, but I do have the right to defend myself, and I do have the right to try and convince people that I AM innocent.  I am sorry if either of you take offense to me pointing things out to the other members of the village." 
Baby, it's all I know,

Nadir

Not offended, I've just been lynched a few times for that one :(

Valerian

OOC: At this stage of the game, with so little information available, voting can be difficult.  The important thing is not to take any votes personally, and just try to relax and enjoy the game.  :)

I may be weird this way, but even after I'm out of a game, I still keep trying to work out who's who.  Sometimes I make spreadsheets.  *blush*
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Ariadne

The last to vote, Ariadne shakes her head sadly. She had come to see the entire village as her family and it hurt to know that any one of them meant any harm to anyone.

"It seems as if the decision has already been made...and it if it is the will of the village then I will vote accordingly. My sincerest apologies Marguerite."

I was lost for some time.
Ari's Absences and Social Thread    ||    Ari's Notes for Writing

Valerian

Final Voting:

Marguerite (7) - Imogen, Mithlomwen, Aiden, Beguile's Mistress, RP7466, Kip, Ariadne
Mithlomwen (5) - Eden, Kyrsa, Absinthe Tori, Marguerite, sinera
Absinthe Tori (0)
Aiden (0)
Ariadne (0)
Beguile's Mistress (0)
Eden (0)
Imogen (0)
Kip (0)
Kyrsa (0)
RP7466 (0)
sinera (0)

Whatever might have guided their votes, the villagers who had voted for Marguerite, at least, had no need to doubt their choice.  As she was ejected from the town and the gates closed behind her, there was a flash of light, a fleeting glimpse of a glowing shape vanishing into the trees, and a shriek of defeat, or perhaps pain.  For Marguerite had been one of the Bean sídhe, and now she could plague the mortals no longer -- or at least not for a time.

Absinthe Tori
Aiden
Aridane
Beguile's Mistress
Eden
Imogen
Kip
Kyrsa
Marguerite Bean sídhe, exiled, Day 2
Mithlomwen
Moirae Keltoi, taken by Bean sídhe, Night 1
Remiel Keltoi, exiled, Day 1
RP7466
sinera

There are 6 Keltoi, 1 Seanacha (Seer), 1 Niadh Nask (Champion), 1 Druí, and 2 Bean sídhe.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

RP7466

RP returns to his hut, the bickering in the village has put him on edge. As he hones the blade of his knife he begins to recount what has taken place, who voted for Marguerite, who she had voted for, and who to watch. The rhythm of the stone on the blade makes him drowsy. He runs his thumb across the edge, satisfied with the edge he sits back in his chair and drifts off to sleep.
"It's my only politics... anti-wife. Any woman who devotes herself to making one man miserable instead of a lot of men happy don't get my vote"

John Wayne as Sam McCord

Valerian

The next morning was still rather grey and damp, but there was still something less oppressive about the air that day.  And soon the cause of that feeling was clear -- there were no fresh marks of magic, and all the villagers were still alive!  It seemed their Champion had chosen well that night, and the Bean sídhe had been thwarted in their quest to claim another innocent...

Absinthe Tori
Aiden
Aridane
Beguile's Mistress
Eden
Imogen
Kip
Kyrsa
Marguerite Bean sídhe, exiled, Day 2
Mithlomwen
Moirae Keltoi, taken by Bean sídhe, Night 1
Remiel Keltoi, exiled, Day 1
RP7466
sinera

There are 6 Keltoi, 1 Seanacha (Seer), 1 Niadh Nask (Champion), 1 Druí, and 2 Bean sídhe.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Aiden

"Kill the Consort next, Eden must be one of them!"
Aiden voiced his opinion before he went off into the woods to work.

RP7466

"Last nights vote has divided us, given the outcome of the vote there will undoubtably be a split among the 4 remaining. The association between Eden and Marguerite certainly raises suspicions, but I vote sinera. I'm curious to see how the 4 will vote"

RP rubs his shoulder as he walks away,

"I wont make it much longer as a blacksmith, I need to take some steps to start keeping pigs".

He looks for Aiden to see if he would trade salt pork for some strait limbs that would work as fence posts.

John Wayne as Sam McCord

Valerian

Current Voting:

Eden (1) - Aiden
sinera (1) - RP7466
Absinthe Tori (0)
Aiden (0)
Ariadne (0)
Beguile's Mistress (0)
Imogen (0)
Kip (0)
Kyrsa (0)
Mithlomwen (0)
RP7466 (0)

Yet to vote: Absinthe Tori, Ariadne, Beguile's Mistress, Eden, Imogen, Kip, Kyrsa, Mithlomwen, sinera

~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE