Pathfinder: Heaven's Fall (Recruitment)

Started by Purple Dusk, January 26, 2015, 12:51:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dynamod

my character sheet is done! Thwip, the Tinker. (well, everything except for the last 2 feats I should get. those, I don't know what's worthwhile. I want flexibility, not damage potential.)

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=1108422

here's a picture of what the character might look like in line art. its the most gunslinger-esque picture I could find .w.

http://img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1365/12/1365121182638.gif

OyabunKobold

Quote from: Dynamod on January 28, 2015, 10:26:40 PM
my character sheet is done! Thwip, the Tinker

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=1108422

here's a picture of what the character might look like in line art. its the most gunslinger-esque picture I could find .w.

http://img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1365/12/1365121182638.gif

So interesting tidbit about our relationship if we both get accepted.

Aiko is smart to a genius level and people are naturally allured by her beauty, but shes a bit naive.

Thwip has reasonably high common sense and quicker reflexes but people try to avoid conversing with him

XD will be an interesting mix

Currently owed posts: 0/0 | Currently owed Pms: 0| Currently owed offline posts: 0/0
Current Roleplay capacity 0/0

Bibliophilia

Charisma doesn't really indicate physical beauty, does it?  I mean the skills that use Charisma don't really rely upon looks, but, rather, presence.

Dynamod

Quote from: Bibliophilia on January 28, 2015, 11:21:42 PM
Charisma doesn't really indicate physical beauty, does it?  I mean the skills that use Charisma don't really rely upon looks, but, rather, presence.

It's really up to how the players want to play their charisma stat, but yes you're right as well. I really don't think having a low charisma makes you look ugly, but it just means you can't carry yourself at social gatherings. You get flustered, and subconciously shrink yourself. Characters with high charisma still might be especially beautiful however, and that might even be why their precense is so high to start with, before social skills were developed growing up.

Quote from: OyabunKyuubi on January 28, 2015, 10:51:09 PM
So interesting tidbit about our relationship if we both get accepted.

Aiko is smart to a genius level and people are naturally allured by her beauty, but shes a bit naive.

Thwip has reasonably high common sense and quicker reflexes but people try to avoid conversing with him

XD will be an interesting mix

Indeed, it would be an interesting foil! .w. I'll send some PM's tomorrow so we could work on some roleplaying angles together to bring into it :D

Quote from: Bibliophilia on January 28, 2015, 07:37:33 PM
Tatia Berrioategortua
Level 5 Human Brawler (Steel-Breaker)

She's 'purdy... I think if we got to play together I'd prank her non-stop XD

Quote from: Re Z L on January 28, 2015, 06:58:06 PM
The Explosives Expert
Level 5 Tiefling Alchemist

A rival appears! I have some small experience with alchemy (mostly for crafting ammunitions), so I might borrow supplies from time to time and make my own bombs to show you up.

Quote from: Chulanowa on January 28, 2015, 01:33:00 AM
Ogzi Thorn
Half-Orc Rogue

I have a feeling We'll be sneaking around in the same areas, making plans on how to take down targets sight unseen, going on stakeouts, making small conversation while camping out in some bush or something. :P

Well, it's time for work. I'd like to take time to form opinions on everyone developed characters so far, but I'll have to do that tomorrow once I'm done. bye!

rikka

What she said. I play charisma 10 characters as having some looks but are not very open to others or are not very convincing.
Whatever the outcome, it's on you.

Ons/Offs

OyabunKobold

I was more going off of this

ability table

According to the charisma table people with 16-17 charisma are naturally welcoming and attractive to the point people just want to talk to them

Currently owed posts: 0/0 | Currently owed Pms: 0| Currently owed offline posts: 0/0

MrBubbles

Charisma means sheer force of presence.

Someone with 18 CHA can be the ugliest motherfucker in the room, but when they speak people listen. At the other end of the spectrum, someone with 8 CHA could be gorgeous, but people are more interested in the thing between their legs than anything they have to say.

OyabunKobold

Quote from: MrBubbles on January 28, 2015, 11:46:47 PM
Charisma means sheer force of presence.

Someone with 18 CHA can be the ugliest motherfucker in the room, but when they speak people listen. At the other end of the spectrum, someone with 8 CHA could be gorgeous, but people are more interested in the thing between their legs than anything they have to say.

I think I discovered just where Im tripping everyone up XD.

I consider beauty to be more than looks you don't have to have a DD Hourglass shape with a plush smack-able Derriere to be beautiful to me if you have the personality.

There's Physical beauty and then there's mental/emotional beauty. I usually weigh both in equal amount when i say the word beauty so for Aiko specifically.

Yes shes beautiful she's actually quite vain about her appearance, she can be selfish at times but she is charming and understanding when she wants to be. If you're a friend you'll never have someone more loyal, if your an enemy shell probably use that charm to get what she wants out of you and then chuck you like last weeks refuse.

MrBubbles

Taelian Val'Kala
Level 5 Elven Slayer

Background:

Personality:

Appearance:

Definitely a work in progress, but when OP mentioned Heaven's Fall made its wealth on mining I couldn't resist making an Elf built around smithing.

OyabunKobold

Quote from: MrBubbles on January 29, 2015, 01:15:01 AM

First thing i can already see about it :3

Your elven curved sword is a 2 handed weapon therefore you do 1.5 strength for it so it would be 1d10+3 not 1d10+2

Might even want to just put the attack bonus at 8 and add the Power attack of 4 to the weapon as well chances are if you're heading into melee you'll want that extra 4 points of damage.

I'm liking how hes coming out though already there shall be much debate wither we should stay in the law to accomplish or goals or say screw the law and accomplish the goals that much quicker between us.

EDIT:

Same with deadly aim might as well drop attack down 2 and add 4 to the damage to your bow too.

Dynamod

I like to ask an open question to everyone:we know our characters are loyal to the team, people to be counted on... but what about your character's personality flaws? If your character was the main character of a tragedy, what would cause your characters fall?

Like how Varsuuvius signed a contract with demons for the chance to stop that lich who killed his friend, you know?

OyabunKobold

Quote from: Dynamod on January 29, 2015, 01:34:39 AM
I like to ask an open question to everyone:we know our characters are loyal to the team, people to be counted on... but what about your character's personality flaws? If your character was the main character of a tragedy, what would cause your characters fall?

Like how Varsuuvius signed a contract with demons for the chance to stop that lich who killed his friend, you know?

To be honest I wouldn't say Aiko is loyal to the team. Shes about as loyal as Belkar is. So long as the things the party does furthers her own goal to eventually have a kingdom of her own she's loyal. If the goals of the team start actively going against that though she might need convinced to give it her time.

Certain people on the team she would be loyal to directly like if you and I are on the team she wouldn't leave Thwip behind to save her own hide. She'd be having Masaki grab the kobold and dash off with both of them.

That's the selfish side of her shes helpful and loyal but only so long as the means help lead her to the goal.

Chulanowa

Well, point of design, my guy's not exactly "part of the team" - he helped fish them out of the water, and has basically signed on as scout / guide, and is most definitely driven by the possibility of gold. And fame. And skirts.

LSWSjr

As Kassey's Traits and Flaw suggest, she's concerned with preventing everyone around her from dying.  Perhaps she faces a losing battle, as a test of faith from the Goddess of Resurrection herself.

Kassey's is a story of perserverance and hope, doing what she can till her time passes; whilst her loyalty is above question amongst those who work on the side of good.

Ultimately, her story only grows darker with every death she fails to prevent or undo, leaving her with nothing but memories and ghosts.

Cheers
Rowan/LSWSjr
"The true price of my immortality, has been outliving my children" - Kassey LeHane

http://lswsjr.deviantart.com/gallery/?catpath=/ - the Home of my SFW art commissions
http://www.hentai-foundry.com/pictures/user/LSWSjr - the Home of my NSFW art commissions

eBadger

Nys Vendatti
Elven Transmuter
116 years old, 5'8", 150 lbs.

Nys' Background

Nys Vendatti (Niss Venn dot ee) is the young scion of the Vendatti clan, a group of elves committed to trade, diplomacy and neutrality.  The clan has a long history as nomads and craftsman, and several hundred years ago used their travels and knowledge toward trade.  They now stand as a wealthy group with a mixed reputation: they are known to trade with anyone, for anything.  They are the source turned to for the exotic, strange, or blatantly illegal.  Recently they’ve gained both renown and condemnation as sellers of exceptional slaves.

The physical appearance of the clan – silver hair and black nails - is said to derive from a history as dusk elves coupled with an influx of drow heritage, as they utilized marriage unions to gain entry into the markets of the underworld.  Relations are maintained to this day, and the Vendatti clan routinely roam the upper tunnels of the underdark.  Nys himself spent many summers during his youth with his beloved "Nana," a drow matriarch and the sister of his grandfather, the closest pure drow in his line.  Despite her fearsome reputation in the underdark, Nys is very fond of his Nana and often recounts stories of his adventures, mostly beginning with some sort of misbehavior - this sometimes gives him a unique viewpoint of understanding societies that don't adhere to the philosophies of men.

As the only son of the Highlord Varthen Vendatti, a remote and stern if loving man, Nys was raised with a certain expectation to one day assume a role of leadership within the clan.  Despite this, the long lives of elven kind imply any ascension to serious leadership is centuries away.  Varthen holds noble titles from many lands, given as reward or purchased for the convenience of nobility, and some devolve to Nys as well; however, they put little stock in them, and the only one Nys views as anything more than a credential is his clan title: the Silver Prince of the Vendatti.  His training has been long and practical, including swordplay, magic and business.  He's also developed a talent for body art, including temporary and permanent inks. 

Now still a young adult by elven standards, Nys is nevertheless well traveled and much older than most mortals he encounters.  As the only son of the Highlord, expectations of him are high – possibly unachievably so.  He is impatient and reckless by elven standards although most short lived races don’t have the same perspective on time.  He has never felt any lack of bravery or honor, though he views them much differently than traditional nobility.  Risk is foolish without promise of return and bringing the clan profit and success is the highest form of duty.  He'll certainly help the damsel in distress: he just won't be suicidal about it, and failure to compensate him for the deed, at least within their capability, would be offensive.

Nys joined the current expedition less for the promise of a mercenary's pay - sizable though it may be - and more for the opportunity to be paid to explore the potential for a business venture to Kaer Maga.  This isn't to say his magical powers aren't impressively destructive, of course. 

Clan is the one thing sacred to Nys; nearly every action is weighed for its benefit to the family, and betrayal is unthinkable.  He would sacrifice anything to protect them – especially for his two younger sisters.

Orientation: Nys is strictly dominant, and primarily heterosexual. 

& Olivia Vendatti
Raven Familiar
A black raven with a single silver feather
Or sometimes human, early 20's, 120 lbs, 5'5", auburn hair and green eyes

Olivia's Background

Nys' familiar is a Raven named Olivia; as with other raven familiars she speaks common, with a lovely feminine voice.  In personality she is a foil to her master, beloved but also a frequent source of frustration; where he is affable and diplomatic, she enjoys shocking others with periodic vulgarity and pranks.  Although bisexual, Nys has forbidden her from touching other men: something she finds "rather fucking annoying," but abides by with the dedication of a true submissive.  She is surprisingly (and rather pointlessly) kleptomaniac and often steals anything shiny and small that's left out, usually abandoning it once bored (although she is more capable of judging value than most humans, this rarely influences her desires.  She particularly prizes mirrors - she's a bit of a narcissist - bits of glass, beads, buttons, and coins).  She lives moment to moment, with no long term goals and a somewhat childish lack of foresight.

Several years ago, Nys crafted a unique magical item for Olivia: a silver feather that allows her to alter her shape at will.  Although the shapes available to her are many, her favorite is a pale human woman. 

Character Sheet

Nys is a creature of civilization, manners and logic; violent barbarity is a bit lost on him.  Besides that, he would do anything for his family, including Olivia; a true tragedy would see him knowingly sacrifice himself to protect them. 

Feycromancer

Reefsong is a monk following the path of perfection. Hes lawful good, and the survival of ANY intelligent sentient creature that is not evil is his responsibility. Whether they know it or not :P

Purple Dusk

Okay, just to remind everyone, closing date for character submissions will be tomorrow.  From what I can see, it's already going to be a tough choice, so good work everybody!  ;D

Also a reminder to my original request:
Quote from: Purple Dusk on January 26, 2015, 12:51:11 AM
...In addition, since I'm new to Elliquiy's RP community, I have little knowledge of players here, so if you see a character posted up by a member whom you know to be a stable (edit: and committed) player, just PM me a recommendation...
That would really help me immensely.  Thanks!

LSWSjr

I'd like to help, but as this is only my second Pathfinder related application on E! I haven't played with many of these folks before, sorry.

Sincerely
Rowan/LSWSjr
"The true price of my immortality, has been outliving my children" - Kassey LeHane

http://lswsjr.deviantart.com/gallery/?catpath=/ - the Home of my SFW art commissions
http://www.hentai-foundry.com/pictures/user/LSWSjr - the Home of my NSFW art commissions

Blinkin

Annastasia, as having experience in being part of a ship's crew and aware of what happens if you don't stand together when the sea itself is against you, isn't so much a team player as simply aware that you take care of your team mates and she'll take care of you. She really doesn't have a "dark" side so much as a practical and ruthlessly pragmatic point of view. She enjoys life to the most that she can because she knows that it may very well be her last. In any situation, she'll literally stand over your unconscious body and defend it until the last because she would like to believe that you would do the same. If you would or not may effect future dealings, but that's a point for tomorrow... if there is one... If you try to stab her in the back in some way... refusing to engage when the party needs you, walking away when you started something... just being a bitch for no reason when you don't know her... things may turn out differently. But, overall, she views a party much like a ship's crew, and it's the sea against you and no one stands up against it alone.

On the topic of characters either not wanting to be part of something, or not wanting to be "there"... this is a bit of a pet peeve for me and it bleeds off into the character as the character sees things the same way. If you don't want to be here, then why are you here? You're free to go off on your own at any time and I'm not going to go out of my way to say, "no, don't go." more of a "Here's the boot, have a good life."

Anyway, if you show that you're trustworthy, then you'll get her trust and her loyalty.
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Ghostwheel

Name: Kastell

Background:

Within the mainland there are many nobles; some of them aloof and disdainful of the common citizens and serfs, others more friendly, open and sympathetic to listening to the woes brought before them. But amidst them, there were few more diverse than the family that bore Kastell. The telling of this tale though goes back further, to his parents. One, an elf maiden of almost two-hundred years, warm and kind to the people beholden to her, the other a human lad barely out of his teens, cold and aloof. Their marriage was not one of love or passion, but rather of necessity and politics, seeking to bridge the strife between the elf and human lands.

It was an uneasy truce, and though the couple kept up the appearance that all was well with them, there were often arguments behind closed doors--that the maiden was too forgiving of wrongs, that she did not have the strength of will to make hard decisions, or that the lad, no a virile young man, was as cool as ice and as hard as a rock with no passion or sympathy for anyone but his own poltiical gain and the stability of his domain, preferring what was politically correct over what was just.

It was no wonder, then, that they seldom bedded together, and oftimes they would part ways for a time, the man following his own pursuits among the wenches that filled the taverns and streetwalkers that prowled the streets at night, for he was a man, and as such had needs that were only rarely fulfilled by his wife. He barely made effort at keeping these visits from her knowledge, and few lacked the knowing of his infidelity, though none dared to speak it to her aloud.

It smote her heart and angered her to see him like this, but there was no one she could confide in, having left her own ancestral lands and people to dwell among his. And so she was left distraught and lonely. Time passed, yet finally she made a friend; a half-orc guardsman. The guardsman was an old adventurer who now dwelt within the lord's house for he had long since stopped his wanderings out in the wide world and now his heart longed for a place to call his own, a place to warm himself by a hearthfire without the need to prepare to journey on the morrow. It was he who opened himself to the lady, and oftimes they were deep in conversation of his past deeds, and her own rulings among her own people.

Not much time passed before they fell from enjoying each other's company into a calm acceptance of one another, and shared pleasure in each other's flesh and warmth as well. From this union was born Kastell, though the lord took the babe to be his own son, born from the few times he had bedded his lady, and none disagreed with him for his wrath could be most terrible.

And so Kastell grew, and was trained in letters, figuring, weapons, and magic as any of the nobility should be. Yet there was always an air about him, as though he had a purpose greater than the cold keep within which he dwelled. Time passed and he reached his majority, and then struck out on his own for a time. It was during this wandering that he found his true calling, enacting good upon an unjust and cruel world where people could not defend themselves. It always brought a smile to his face and warmed his heart when he heard the thanks of the common folk after an unsuccessful orc raid and the like.

It was on his travels that he encountered another paladin, Mylla. They both traveled together, fitting well together. Their talk was comfortable, and a camaraderie grew between them. So much so that a deep respect for each other grew between them. Their relationship never went deeper than the clasping of hands or a hug after a nearly mortal situation, at least physically, but together they travelled for a long time and he learned of her just as she learned of him.

She told him of the city which she had made her home, Kaer Maga, and of the wonders she had seen that seemed to sprout about where the asteroid had fallen. She had bid those lands goodbye for a time, but had begun to feel a calling and longing for her homeland, one that was quickly becoming urgent. Kastell wished he might join her, but he knew that he had pressing matters to, that he must prepare to become the heir to his father's house.

Finally, the time was coming when they would have to part ways, he to his noble house, and she back to her home. She agreed to accompany him, for he wished to introduce her to his mother, and she agreed before they set out towards his ancestral lands. But all was not as it seemed.

When they reached his home, something was amiss. Blood covered the stone floors and bodies lay strewn upon the cobbles, guards and soldiers he had grown up with, and even serving folk. Rushing into the keep with sword in hand and Mylla at his side, he found his father kneeling atop the body of a recently-slain guardsman, breath ragged and slowly dying of the dozens of wounds received that should have already put him down. A single word snarled at his son passed his lips. "Bastard!" There was so much venom and hate in the word that Kastell reeled back, almost as though it were a blow that might bring him to his knees, but before he could speak a syllable, his father expired, dead at his feet.

A noise reached them, a whimper of fear, and he and Mylla found one survivor, a goat girl who tended one of the flocks upon the property. She relayed to him what had happened, that the old half-orc had finally succumbed to a disease, and only afterwards his lady Mother had divulged to her lord of Kastell's parentage and her own betrayal. She had been the first he had killed in his rage, before going on to slaughter every other person in the keep he could find, continuing to fight on despite the wounds he took from a dozen slashes. She had escaped only because of her quick feet and small form, allowing her to hide in a cupboard and watch helplessly at the rampage.

It smote his heart to hear of it, and more to hear of his mother's act of betrayal. She had spoken of it only after the old guardsman had left this world so that her love would not have to suffer even if the truth were let out. He knew that his father had sired a dozen bastards out in the nearby town at the foot of the keep, and that each one was as conniving and scheming as the next, ready to snatch any advantage possible. And he, who had previously been the rightful heir to his father's land, was in no better position than the others to take possession of the keep and surrounding lands.

And so he left with Mylla. Her words could not lift his dour mood. Finally she was brought to shouting telling him to snap out of it. He lifted heavy eyes to her, red with unshed tears, and begged her to allow him to rejoin her on her journey home, for there was nothing left to him here. She argued with him, telling him he should stay and see the keep was properly tended, but he knew in his heart that he had no will to do so, and that he could do no more here in his father's lands. Finally she acquiesed, and together they began to make their way towards the city of Kaer Maga.

Personality: Before the death of his mother, Kastell was a sweet and gentle youth, always ready to protect the meek and the downtrodden. Much of this still lies within him, but her death twisted him into something... dangerous. A cruel streak, half-an-inch wide and a league deep has formed within him, and while it rarely comes out, it sometimes spills into his mind, coloring his actions with a malicious hue. Because his code of conduct does not follow that of most paladins, this has not interfered with his heavenly powers, though this might change should he step too far off of the straight-and-narrow.

Appearance: A tall man now, Kastell eschews the armor commonly worn by those who have felt the call. Instead he wears only light clothes made for the Summer of his homeland regardless of the current weather, appearing comfortable even in very hot or cold areas, though sometimes the way the sun seems to shine flashes across virtually transparent ice that encompasses his torso, a testament of his sorcerous heritage. He has a comfortable way with words, both diplomatic and deceptive, and while he never truly outright lies, he has found himself bending the truth or staying silent and leading people on with only facial expressions to allow them to reach the conclusion he would like them to.

Role: Party face, front-line tank, healing, utility. Kastell is a jack of all trades, yet master of none. He can heal the wounds of the hurt, protect his friends with conjured sheets of ice to ward off blows, stand toe-to-toe with the fiercest of monsters, and speak his way past problems, yet very few of these can he do as well to someone dedicated to the specific art. Whether you need someone to help with the healing, face enemies head-on, or activate a found wand, he is a strong fifth wheel that can fit most roles as needed.

LSWSjr

Hey Ghostwheel ;D

I take that back Purple Dusk, I know Ghostwheel here is a skilled and reliable player.

Cheers
Rowan/LSWSjr

Dynamod

Kastell
by Ghostwheel

Nys Vendatti
by eBadger

Taelian Val'Kala
by MrBubbles

Thwip Arkai
by Dynamod

Tatia Berrioategortua
by Bibliophilia

Explosives Expert (Guessing name TBD)
by Re Z L

Ogzi Thorn
by Chulanowa

Vivian DeWheatley
by Autocad

Greil Reefsong
by Feycromancer

Jess Le Rue
by Callie Del Noire

Kassey LeHane
by LSWSjr

Aiko Konno
by OyabunKyuubi

Annastasia Blaze
by Blinkin

In the works: Zaer Darkwail

Took the liberty of compiling everyone who has put in an application .w.; links to character sheets when provided. Actually, I'll reformat this to just link to everyone's submission post. I dunno, I'm just excited and thought it would help compile it.

Bibliophilia

I'm mostly finished with Tatia.  I'd spent most of her gold when my browser crashed and I lost my progress.  I'll redo it a bit later.  Other than that, she's complete.

OyabunKobold

Of the people applied that I know here:

Ghostwheel: Played with them before and still do in another game

eBadger: Old dm for a game I miss dearly.

Chulanowa: We haven't always seen eye to eye but we did have fun in the games we shared so there's that

Feycromancer: is this weird guy i know in real life. totally insane don't know why i even play with him. (jk) hes a great guy PFS (Pathfinder Society) certified and a good eye for balance.

Blinkin: Love playing with their chars always makes good detailed people which may or may not be due to the fact that Description is key for him moreso than a picture is. If he never put 50 places that he cant see Id never even known it.

Dynamod: havent played with yet but I have been eager to do so.

Autocad/Re Z L/Bibliophilia/Zaer Darkwail: Haven't had the pleasure of playing with any of them yet but from what Ive noticed they apply to a lot of games and have a good record of acceptance so that has to say something right?