"Axiom is Launched and Looking For More! <3"

Started by ClockworkShadow, June 20, 2011, 01:19:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ClockworkShadow

For those of you who have been following my quasi-psychotic introduction thread, it'll be no surprise that my subject of choice is steam and clockwork punk themed!  But let's add a bit more kindling to the creative fire here.  I'm going to throw in the use of what I like to call energy manipulation.  In cliche terms, magic... but we're also talking about the ability to control and manipulate human and electrical energy as well as the various elements and sub-elements that one can think of.  I'd also like to include quantum physics.  Bend it, break it, anyway you want it!  Long as you love it, it's all right!  Don't forget that every action must generate a reaction, however, and that there must be consequences for one's actions.

Godmodding will be viciously mauled into a whimpering, quivering, irrecognizable mass...

Anyway!  I'd love to hear some suggestions and brainstorming comments - potential character ideas, etc.  It'd be nice to have a small foundation of sorts established before I throw the irons in, so to speak!

Oh...

And I'm going to excerpt my answer to one of the many delightful questions I've been propositioned with, because I'd like to see it incorporated!

QuoteSo my mind envisions this massive tower, ensconced somewhere inbetween the fabric of time and space.  It'd be the perfect marriage of steampunk and clockwork gears and quantum physics... <hyper squee>... and I'd be hung, upside down, with every limb captured in a complicated body vise... kind of Houdini-style (sans water)?  If I could escape, perhaps I would have a key dangling very nearby, but just out of reach, and I would have to figure out how to acquire it, and then unlock one of the mechanisms and go from there.  And, if I was able to get out of the clockwork body vise, then that would only be the beginning... because I would need to make my way down from the pinnacle of that tower (and keep in mind that the normal laws of existence would be quasi-logical, at best), to the bottom, encountering all sorts of large and small traps that triggered each other (whether solved or failed).  And then there would be the matter of an impossible interior that defied all rules of mathematical dimension.

A/A

^ zee-oh-em-gee, it has an update ^
I am back... sort of.  I'm trying, anyway.
o_O

Aikochan

I would be happy to do something with you if you would like dearie. *smiles* We can figure out what you want to do really if you want to do something with me.

Kuje

A steam punk/cloak punk game would be interesting...

Aikochan

want to do a 3 way or something? *smile* Hey clockwork! We gotta set something up ok?

Kuje

Quote from: Aikochan on June 21, 2011, 08:25:47 PM
want to do a 3 way or something? *smile* Hey clockwork! We gotta set something up ok?

A three way, huh? Grins, could be fun!

Aikochan

wouldn't it? *smiles* you like that idea huh? Well lets see what clockwork thinks *grin*

Kuje

Quote from: Aikochan on June 21, 2011, 09:15:19 PM
wouldn't it? *smiles* you like that idea huh? Well lets see what clockwork thinks *grin*

It would be interesting indeed. But yea, it's up to Clockwork. :)

ClockworkShadow

I wouldn't have suggested a group RP if I wanted just a 1:1.  The more, the merrier!  <winkwink, nudgenudge>

Let me see if a couple others want to join in with us, and we can brainstorm an actual background and setting.  Sound good?

A/A

o_O

Kuje

Quote from: ClockworkShadow on June 22, 2011, 12:41:57 AM
I wouldn't have suggested a group RP if I wanted just a 1:1.  The more, the merrier!  <winkwink, nudgenudge>

Let me see if a couple others want to join in with us, and we can brainstorm an actual background and setting.  Sound good?

Sounds fine with me. :)

Xunzar

Unfortunately, I do not know much actual Steampunk, but I like what I've seen. If someone will give me a few pointers, I could be "coaxed" into playing. Alright, you twisted my arm, I'll give it a whirl. I can always do some dashing, dark gentleman type thing, or whatever, just don't expect a good, pure white-knight XD
The list below is mostly up to date. To be honest, you can assume there is little that is a hard no.
A list of kinks

ClockworkShadow

Quote from: Xunzar on June 22, 2011, 12:49:23 AM
Unfortunately, I do not know much actual Steampunk, but I like what I've seen. If someone will give me a few pointers, I could be "coaxed" into playing. Alright, you twisted my arm, I'll give it a whirl. I can always do some dashing, dark gentleman type thing, or whatever, just don't expect a good, pure white-knight XD

Mmmn, dashing and dark.

No sir, I'm not one for Prince Charmings, myself!

Steampunk isn't that difficult of a concept, really... If you go back to when things were steam-powered (old west era isn't far off)... the old steamboats on the Mississippi, for example, and the old (amazingly beautiful), massive steam-trains.  One of the finest examples of steampunk in media, is Wild Wild West, the movie.

Clockwork Punk (not sure if there is an actual term for it, but there should be!) is very very much like Steampunk, and easily cooperates with Steampunk themes.  However, now you're throwing in the gears and cogs and such that you'd find in antique watches (think early 1900s, and the pocketwatch).  A fantastic reference is the computer game Syberia.

People who love these themes (I am no exception), love to dress to represent those eras, too.  If I were to gauge the main inspiration for the fashion, I'd put it as a curious mix of old west/1900's meets Renaissance.  The clothing is usually very artistic and fancy, much fancier than the average clothing of either era, but you can see strong influences nonetheless.

A/A

o_O

Aikochan

Ok girlie.. tell me what you want to do with me for an rp or with us and we will do something I am sure. :) But ya you gotta tell me what you want to do. do you want to do a story? a straight game? an rp styled thing with dice rolls, and what genre do you want to do with me. If its a real rpg table top. then you gotta tell me what game it is so I can go get it.

Xunzar

Aye, is this with or without dice? And I'm happy to play either. With me you'll get a dark, dashing with a pinch of prince charming...usually. Unless encouraged to go further towards dark. Then you move towards the silky type villain and then all the way to sadistic lord type. Have I mentioned I like power?

I had been given to understand that there was a dash of Victorian...or is that old west for these purposes? Anyway, I'm sold. Steam powered plus older high-art type stuff. Cool.
The list below is mostly up to date. To be honest, you can assume there is little that is a hard no.
A list of kinks

Aikochan

I love victorian stuff alot as well. I never heard of this steam punk thing however and is why I am a little confused.

Kuje

I usually think of the stories by Jules Verne when I think of steampunk. But usually a lot of the steampunk stories have a lot of Victorian influence/settings, at least the ones that I've read. :) I mentioned a novel that just came out lately, over in my intro thread.

Aikochan

Ohh its sorta like cyberpunk but 1930's type stuff..

Kuje

Aikochan

Gotcha, I am not sure how I would like that.. But throw in victorian stuff and quite possibly I will over look steam powered stuff.

ClockworkShadow

Sorry about that... someone drug me off to watch Gnomeo and Juliet.  Totally got distracted.

So let's see, here.

We can include cyberpunk if you want, but I don't know a whole lot about it.  I really tend to focus my interests on steam and gears.  All of those are really interchangeable and work very well together, however.

We can do dice, if you want, but I tend to fly by freestyle rather than system based (not that I don't love my old tabletops as much as anyone).  What are you comfortable with?

I like antiheros more than villains, but silky and dark is a definite plus!

And playing a sadistic lord type is something I have to warm up to.  I have to build my trust and comfort zones with most people over time...  Very rarely am I comfortable enough with someone right off to jump into things... nor would it be easy to keep that PG-13.

A/A

o_O

Xunzar

Quote from: ClockworkShadow on June 22, 2011, 03:04:13 AM
Sorry about that... someone drug me off to watch Gnomeo and Juliet.  Totally got distracted.

So let's see, here.

We can include cyberpunk if you want, but I don't know a whole lot about it.  I really tend to focus my interests on steam and gears.  All of those are really interchangeable and work very well together, however.

We can do dice, if you want, but I tend to fly by freestyle rather than system based (not that I don't love my old tabletops as much as anyone).  What are you comfortable with?

I like antiheros more than villains, but silky and dark is a definite plus!

And playing a sadistic lord type is something I have to warm up to.  I have to build my trust and comfort zones with most people over time...  Very rarely am I comfortable enough with someone right off to jump into things... nor would it be easy to keep that PG-13.

All true. I'm fine with that. I'm also fine without a system. From me you'll get a white knight...sort of. Or rather a villain with a gentlemanly white knight streak.
A list of kinks

Aikochan

I like cyber punk for some of the technology like the gene splicing and such. We can do a mix between the two Steam in some areas, cyber in others, and add in a victorian era and everyone is happy then. And since your used to free form we can do that without a system. I just want to role-play. So I won't be that picky :) If you want me to join in with the two of you or whatever your thinking clockworkshadow. Let me know if I am invited here *giggle* Since you haven't said who you are talking to

johnny5

Quote from: ClockworkShadow on June 20, 2011, 01:19:04 PM
I'd also like to include quantum physics.
Music to my ears. I can think of a number of nifty angles this could take.  My current favorite would revolve around some kind of ascetic order that through years of dedication to the ideal of the observer would be able to manipulate the basic forces of the universe aka: gravity, weak nuclear, strong nuclear, and electromagnetism.  All would be separate disciplines with their own sub disciplines giving a nice degree of variety among the monks.
Just a thought, I'm curious to see how this develops.

Xunzar

I second Aiko's question. I hope you'd like me along for the ride. I might need a bit of guiding, but I'll give it a go.
A list of kinks

ClockworkShadow

All of you, darling! <3

And why not have a merge of cyberpunk and steampunk and clockwork punk, and stick it into a faux pas victorian era... clothing styles, architectural, etc.  I did mention before that I love quantum physics, so lets make it a full-out alternate reality.  We can have temporary weak spots, too, that allow people to fall into things whenever they want to (gives people the chance to join in if they catch up on the idea later)

I'd like to see sentient automaton dolls/companions/etc, among other things.  Someone else was talking to me about this in private, and I really like the idea.  I'd even go so far as to include inspirational themes from Bicentennial Man... or, we could make it a world of automatons as the dominant "species" instead of humans... Possibly a D/s scenario (if we can keep it PG-13), but not like Terminator... Terminator has it's own place of respect with me, but I never much got into the annihilation of humankind bit of it.

Quote from: johnny5 on June 22, 2011, 03:27:48 AM
Music to my ears. I can think of a number of nifty angles this could take.  My current favorite would revolve around some kind of ascetic order that through years of dedication to the ideal of the observer would be able to manipulate the basic forces of the universe aka: gravity, weak nuclear, strong nuclear, and electromagnetism.  All would be separate disciplines with their own sub disciplines giving a nice degree of variety among the monks.
Just a thought, I'm curious to see how this develops.

A flood of Yes'es!  Oh my, I love it.  Have you ever read Anathem, by Neal Stephenson, Johnny?

A/A

o_O

johnny5

No i haven't I'm gonna guess I probably should though, sooooo many books on my to read list.