Any interest in a "Clue" style mystery/freeform group rp?

Started by barcode, October 15, 2010, 07:17:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

barcode

I once ran a "Clue" (as in the board game) roleplay on another board; it was rather successful, and I was wondering if there was any interest in such a thing around here.

Basically, players would take on one of the ten classic characters from Clue and Clue: Master Detective (Miss Scarlet, Professor Plum, etc.), in England, 1934.  The atmosphere would be that of an Agatha Christie-style murder mystery.  There would be both a freeform, i.e., story-based, roleplay, but also a game aspect.  I adapted the rules for Clue for an online forum setting.  If anyone is interested, I can go into more details about how the game would work.  Or, alternatively, it could just be a freeform roleplay without the game aspect.

--barcode
The eagle suffers little birds to sing,
And is not careful what they mean thereby,
Knowing that with the shadow of his wings
He can at pleasure stint their melody.
Titus Andronicus – IV, 4

Despaireaux

Hiya barcode, I am extremely interested in this, I'd love to do a Clue rp with you and whoever else wants to join. Whenever your ready just explain it out a bit more and tell me when you'd like to start. I love clue, I bet this is going to be fun...
Did you know life is a sexually transmitted disease with a 100% fatality rate?

barcode

Hi Despaireaux,

For the rp to work properly, we'd need at least six people, and a max of ten.  As a newbie here, I'm not certain if you're supposed to post a roleplay without having a minimum number of people agreeing to participate, or if I should just start it up.  What do you think?  I wonder if more people check out the actual roleplay forum, looking for games, than check out this request forum.

But I'm glad you'd like to play--I think it'll be lots of fun.
The eagle suffers little birds to sing,
And is not careful what they mean thereby,
Knowing that with the shadow of his wings
He can at pleasure stint their melody.
Titus Andronicus – IV, 4

Despaireaux

Yes I'm sure it will be, and I'll wait until we have enough people.
Did you know life is a sexually transmitted disease with a 100% fatality rate?

redryder