Hmm..Weird. o-o Problem with Shoutbox.

Started by Wolfy, August 07, 2010, 08:45:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolfy

The Shoutbox is back..yet..I can't seem to use it? O-o...I don't think my privileges for it have been revoked, soo..O-o

Hmm..I think I see the problem, though...for some reason the Shoutbox is extended further than I can reach..O-o...

What I mean is, the little Scroll arrow (And by extension I'd guess the dialog box to type messages) is covered by the search bar..header..thing. O-o

Picture:

See how it's covered up? O-o

Trieste

WyldRanger

I am having the same issue, I wonder if it's because of the avatar size?

Trieste

WyldRanger

Tried it with a longer one and the same result occurred, just with more space.

Trieste

Cecilia

TheWriter

Same problem, only with no avatar I'm getting one line of ShoutBox at a time.

Kraven Trollsbane

i am too. i was wondering if it was because i was useing firefox and the shoutbox just didnt mesh with its code or something.
 A&A

Trieste

No, because I am using firefox and it's working fine for me.

Cecilia

Firefox and explorer are giving me the same results on two different computers running Windows 7.  My iPhone, with Safari also gives me the same.

Caeli

Try clicking on someone's username in the Shoutbox to force the input bar to show up.
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Serephino

I'm having the same issue. 

Okay, the clicking thing worked, just made the window kinda small, and I can't see my avatar.

Kraven Trollsbane

that seems to have fixed it, well it shows up but it still disappears if you come back
 A&A

Trieste

I just did something with a test account on here, and the test account had a problem, but my own account did not, despite using the same browser, computer, connection, everything. So it's account-specific and will have to be fixed when Veks wakes up. :)

Until then, please use the large chat window at the link above.

Chevalier des Poissons

Same thing here, just to note for further researching references.

I tried clicking on someone's nickname and it did work, which seems to show me that the space for the SB is too big. I tried to find a way to scroll it down, but so far now nothing. Maybe something on the coding made the SB too big for the panel.
-I have Maro's heart, and I promise to take good care of it-

A & A

Hunter

Also showing up on my computer.   Hmmm....where's my sledgehammer?

Transgirlenstein

Same problem with Google Chrome.  The text bar pops up if I click someones name.
Busy with freelance writing work.  Replies slow.  Feel free to prod me. 

Formally Tripping Satyr, Tripping Snake and QueenTrippingserpent.  Often known as Trip.

Ons/Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=19217.0

Seeking Games!: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=71239.0

Oniya

Happens with me, too - however, I think I've been getting more done with the SB closed  ::)
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Vekseid

Chevalier des Poissons

Quote from: Vekseid on August 07, 2010, 04:06:49 PM
No idea why that happened, fixed now.

Thankies!

You know that the way you do things sometimes make those all look easy, right?
-I have Maro's heart, and I promise to take good care of it-

A & A

Wolfy

Huh..now it's doing it ..randomly, I think. O_o...Weird. Eh..oh well.