So How To Take The Most From Elliquiy?

Started by ladyfickle, August 14, 2017, 03:37:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ladyfickle

Elliquiy is not simply huge... it's overwhelming.
I spend a lot of time fathoming where do I want to go in the forum.

“One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. ‘Which road do I take?’ she asked. ‘Where do you want to go?’ was his response. ‘I don’t know,’ Alice answered. ‘Then,’ said the cat, ‘it doesn’t matter.”

Well, it matters. Orientating is time-taking. I need a map.

Or what if we just listed here our favorite places in the forum?

For instance I enjoy reading Ons and Offs posted by the Lords of the House.
They present themselves there and discuss amusing stuff about their preferences.
I was surprised to learn that in the Find Partners section, most people say they do not need partners at present.
I was very happy to learn that some people would love to write a Non-Adult story and you can find them in the Non-Adult Roleplay Request.

So tell me, what is your favorite place in this forum?

I am struggling to find a place, where I can discuss stories I am writing on my own. I am looking for prompts for my blog.
I want to find really dedicated partners with a lot of time, who are in love with writing like I am.

Theta Sigma

You may find some solace in the Literary Discussions board in terms of looking to discuss stories you are writing. Though there's also the Storyteller's Cafe you could also have a look at. In terms of prompts for your blog? Maybe the Word of the Day could help challenge you, and there are discussions to create a prompt of the week, but this is not currently active yet.

What we do as Mentors is we like to link new members to the Landing Strip which is designed to help them cope with everything they suddenly get access to.
Whilst I don't post there much, it is also one of my favourite places in the forum. :>

I also really, really like the Introductions section, and the Apologies and Absences. Not only do I like interacting with people I'm writing with and staying up to date, but I like seeing all of the pretty trackers. Some people have a wonderful talent with code.

O&Os

A&As/Tracker
They/Them pronouns

ladyfickle

While reading your post, I found out that I am truly astray.

I really didn't know that Elliquiy has got so many wonderful virtues.

I should  have paid attention to the Landing Strip.

My fondest wish is to find prolific partners and beta readers.

Do we get to discuss our personal projects such as blogs and books somewhere?

Oniya

That would probably go best in the Storyteller's Forum - possibly World-building, depending on what aspects of your projects you wanted to discuss.  We do ask that links to personal off-site pages be kept in the middle column or linked in your signature, as they are a form of contact information.

There are also a number of people who talk about books that they are writing/have written in the On Topic forum - feel free to start something there if you like!
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Nostalgia

I'd also suggest putting a link to your personal literary thread in your signature, that way people that don't browse the area but like your work will know to follow you there.

ladyfickle

That's a great idea:)
I think I did it yesterday...
but it doesn't show everywhere...

midnightblack

I think it shows up only on your first post on a given page, but it's always there if someone accesses your profile.
The Midnight Lodge (O2 thread & completed tales compendium)
Thy Nightly Chambers (requests) updated!
Amazonia Mythos (world-building details for some of my recurring themes and characters; can always serve as a starting point for discussions of collaborative writing)
Zerzura (albeit short, the best collaborative story I've ever completed here)

Oniya

Quote from: midnightblack on August 15, 2017, 02:51:58 AM
I think it shows up only on your first post on a given page, but it's always there if someone accesses your profile.

Midnight's got it.  Saves a little bit on screen real-estate while still being useful for getting information out there.  :-)
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17