Totally accepted without question.

Bekah Boo

Yaaaaayyy!
Hehe I'm excited to play with her!

pdragon

Name: Jamie del Ray

Size: 5'4 115lbs

Sexual Preference: Pansexual

Personality: Bubbly and sweet, Jamie embodies the cute and innocent charm of a true idol. He loves meeting new people and experiencing new things, and always tries to look on the bright side of things. However while he has an almost overbearingly nice and generous persona, he's by no means naive, and in fact often takes people off guard by how shrewd and mischievous he can be at times. It could even lead some people to believe that his overly sweet personality is actually a lie, honed by years of acting in order to mold his "celebrity" image, hiding a darker personality underneath, and while he's not a complete saint by any means, the truth, as with all things, lies somewhere in the middle. Beyond his more flashy aspects he also posses a highly curious and astute mind, with a dream of one day exploring the stars.

Home Town: Dewford Town, Hoenn

Starter Pokemon: Squirtle "Bubbles"
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Background: Growing up in Dewford Jamie, much like all his fellow students growing up, was always chasing the hottest trends. What to wear, how to look, how to talk, how to act, all of these things were constantly dictated by what was deemed "fashionable" at the time, and those who found themselves falling behind would be met with much ridicule, so there was plenty of incentive to keep one's finger on the pulse of popular culture. However as time wore on Jamie found the constant trend hopping to be...well exhausting. Every month he'd look in the mirror and see a different person staring back at him, and he was starting to wonder if any of those people where really him. The final nail in the coffin came when he was out star gazing one day and a meteorite came crashing down from the sky, accompanied shortly after by a strange, alien-like pokemon the likes of which he had never seen before. It was so strange and foreign and yet strangely beautiful in it's own way. There wasn't anything else like it, it didn't conform to any other type of pokemon he had seen before, and as silly as it was that brief encounter was what would shape his life from then on.

If such an alien being could be so weird and different and yet still beautiful, then why couldn't he? From that moment on Jamie stopped chasing trends and dedicated himself to discovering his own style. They inevitably lead him down the path of cross dressing, and while it was terrifying and embarrassing to go out into public dressed so..."boldly" for lack of a better term, it also felt incredibly freeing. In an attempt to help him get over his fears and truly embrace himself, a school friend convinced him to enter a local pokemon contest, even letting him borrow his pikachu to use as his partner. That was when his love for poke contests first, heheh, sparked, the feeling of baring himself infront of a crowd with a trusted companion by his side...it was nothing short of exhilarating. Eventually he would go on to adopt his own pokemon, Squirtle, and the two would rise through the ranks of the contest circuit as they traveled from city to city. Over time his popularity grew and grew until he became a celebrity of sorts, praised and adulated for his unique style. Suddenly he was doing commercials and appearing in magazines, and before he knew it HE was now the one setting trends. It couldn't have been more perfect.

Of course throughout all this he never forgot that starry night encounter, that strange pokemon that had inspired him from the beginning without even meaning too. He promised one day he would learn more about that pokemon, what it was, where it came from, what else might be floating out there amongst the stars with it. When Jamie learnt of Pokken Academy he saw it as his chance to do just that. A few weeks later he announced that he was taking a break from the contest scene in order to pursue a degree in poke-astronomy, a move that took pretty much his entire fanbase and the contest scene at large by surprise, proving once more than he wouldn't be considered typical in anything. He had already been a trail blazer in his short life so far, and he wasn't going to stop there, he wanted to make a real splash and blaze a trail all the way into the stars themselves!

Best Experience With Pokemon: The night he encountered Deoxys while out star gazing. A meteorite came crashing down into the field he was lazing in, and the mysterious pokemon descended down shortly after. The pokemon only made eye contact with him for a brief few seconds before touching the meteor, changing shape, and speeding off back into the sky, but the encounter has been burned into Jamie's mind ever since.

Worst Experience With Pokemon: His first run of contests with Bubbles. Though they were good friends, and would go on to become an amazing team, their initial team work was...not great, and they ended up bumbling around and making fools of themselves on more than one occasion before they finally made it work.

Other: Because of his petite frame, beautiful face, and soft voice it's almost impossible to tell Jamie isn't a girl. The only real evidence is his package, and he's very adept at tucking it away discreetly.

In addition to pokemon contests Jamie has done a few acting roles and performance art displays, and his minor for Pokken Academy is in fine arts, looking to find new ways that humans and pokemon can come together to create beautiful art in addition to studying the stars.
What a thrill...with silence and darkness through the night....

Request Thread

ZephySempai

I fucking love this kid! Seriously, you really look it there with Jamie and I'm actually kinda curious to see where this goes, lol. There's definitely going to be a lot of awkward encounters for sure, but those are the best kind, eh? lol, totally accepted. I can't wait to see him in action. Please go ahead and post up in the Information Station, then you'll be ready for his debut!

pdragon

What a thrill...with silence and darkness through the night....

Request Thread

Snake

Name: Syra

Sexual Preference: Bisexual, tilts toward women

Personality: Syra tends to be sarcastic and blunt, she doesn't see the point in mincing words and often comes off as abrasive and tactless.  She just says what she thinks she needs to say, though she sometimes does try to manipulate people into doing favors for her or somehow improve her lot. It's not a constant thing; sometimes she does it because she can't help it.   Syra is loyal to her friends and family and wouldn't do anything to harm or dishonor them.

She does possess alot of self-confidence and it often comes off as borderline arrogance. She is quite of wit and of thought, but faster of hand and sometimes has to apologize for sometimes uncontrollable kleptomania.

Home Town: (can't decide, I don't remember alot of them.)

Starter Pokemon: Sneasel

Background: Syra originally comes from a large city with a crime problem; her father is the leader of the syndicate which granted her alot of leeway in life. She grew up around pokemon and had always been taught about how they were best utilized in the world and in combat. Syra did have an older sister that she always looked up to; but her sister was always the "best" and Syra always felt like she was playing "catch up". She still is even though she's come a long way.

She and her sister have their own special abilities which creates the distance between them and she can't close the distance in the way she thinks she has to. Syra has very fast reflexes and quick hands, making her an ideal thief; which she spent her youth doing. He father may've kept her out of long jail periods; he did demand that she worked just like anyone else would.

When she grew up, she'd be given a few pokemon and taught how to be a "trainer" and the way the types worked best. She didn't have her "own" pokemon, just one's on "Loan" until she could capture her own Sneasel to start with. Syra's had her pokemon for a couple years now and they work quite well together, the pokemon being quick to obey her orders and even reacts to orders given by gesture.

She was given a choice by her father upon turning 18, she could attend Pokken Academy and try to make a better life for herself other than a life of crime. Or she could continue as a thief but without the protection and would likely spend alot of time in jail.

Syra took the arrangement to attend Pokken Academy.

Best Experience With Pokemon: When she was a little girl she used to play with a little Teddy-ursa; using her as a living "teddy bear."

Worst Experience With Pokemon: Being chased down by a pair of Growlithes when she was caught stealing from a store.  Having your clothes burned off and to cover yourself on your knees in the street was humiliating.

Other: Syra was born with both male and female genitalia much to her confusion.

Gardsorm

Hey, shot in the dark... Are you still accepting players for this or is the game full? I've always liked Pokemon and i'd be happy if I could have a spot. o: Just spending my time reading through the information and OOC threads to make sure I have everything sorted out and understood.

ZephySempai

Quote from: Gardsorm on May 27, 2017, 05:17:53 AM
Hey, shot in the dark... Are you still accepting players for this or is the game full? I've always liked Pokemon and i'd be happy if I could have a spot. o: Just spending my time reading through the information and OOC threads to make sure I have everything sorted out and understood.

Hey Hard. We are most definitely still accepting characters and I am happy to still see interest garnered. So far we are still in somewhat of a preliminary: everyone kind of getting a feel of each other's characters, so definitely feel free to submit a sheet. You haven't missed much.

As far as the plot so far the general orientation is over, everyone is down to 3 Pokemon, and classes will be starting the next day. There's a few things going on IC right now, but once your sheets accepted you can pop over to the OOC and easily find a way to slip in.

@Snake
You always seem to come up with the most unique designs and never cease to impress me. I've been "studying" her for awhile trying to think of how to "handle" Syra, but I think I got a good idea.

Instead of her being able to change her genitalia at will, how about she just be born with both? I can justify that being a little closer to reality than her having a shapeshifting penis lols. Also, I feel like I need to say this just because it's you, but no bat wings xD. If we can agree on those two things then I'd love to have her join the legion of Pokken. It's also cool to have another trainer with formal battle experience.

Gardsorm

Here goes this guy, tear him apart as you see fit! Took longer than half an hour, my bad. >_>;

-----

Name: Axel Reyes

Sexual Preference: Heterosexual mostly, but doesn't mind herms/futas

Personality: Axel is a carefree being who almost always marches to the beat of his own drum. Never one to let a bad situation get to him, he can be almost annoyingly optimistic at times. Due to his easygoing and simple nature, however, he has a hard time figuring out what exactly he wants to do with his life. It should be noted he is an unapologetic flirt, however, and will make a pass at any female young or reasonably old if he feels like it. Despite this minor shortcoming, he hopes to one day find a direction he can stick with in life, not wishing to be aimless forever.

Home Town: Lumiose City, Kalos

Starter Pokemon: Carvanha

Background: Axel's life all began in Lumiose City, a vibrant and bustling city almost smack dab in the middle of the Kalos Region. With an active and energetic city came an equally active and energetic life growing up, facing each day with limitless wells of vigor. As the son of a professional swimmer and a beautician, Axel's looks and energy were said to be inherited from both parents, but with this energy came no real idea for him to spend it.

As he grew up, many options were open to him, from adventuring to become a Pokemon master through challenging the Elite Four, to entering Pokemon Contests, to even joining the fabled Pokemon Rangers from far off... While everything sounded appealing to him, he was advised to start a bit smaller and work his way up to exploring the world beyond. To that end, there was only one real choice for him: Classes. Throughout Kalos, there were many places one could go to recieve tutelage in the ways of Pokemon and the world beyond, and as such Axel's adventure would start here. From ages ten to fifteen, Axel struggled to apply himself liberally preferring to activately go out and do things rather than simply take notes... However, he forced himself to power through, else he would cause problems for his parents. As accomplished as they felt to him, he felt he had much to do in order to measure up to them... Yet realizing this and actually doing it were two very different things, and as Axel soon discovered: It was easy to run your mouth when you'd yet to walk the path. Once he felt confident in his studies, he set off for adventure at the age of 20, ready to challenge the Kalos League with everything he had.

Given his mother's Pachirisu to start his adventure off, Axel went to work on locating the best and baddest Pokemon he could find to give him the edge he needed to challenge the League... Unfortunately, his first capture very much located him instead during a swim one day. Swimming in a lake of which he had no idea of its occupants, he very nearly became a buffet for a school of Carvanha, saved only by Pachirisu shouting in alarm to warn him of approaching danger, before the lake was lit up with a Thunderbolt. Siezing this chance, Axel swiftly moved to capture a Carvanha for himself, making his first legitimate Pokemon companion to call his own... With it, however, he also recieved a stern talking-to from a passing Pokemon Ranger, none too pleased with his indiscriminate paralysis of the Pokemon in the lake, all due to his negligence in reading signs. Made to purchase enough Paralyze Heals to cure every afflicted Pokemon, Axel hurried along to recontinue his adventure. Unfortunately, he started to second-guess himself, wondering if he was really ready to challenge the Elite Four with as carefree as he tended to be... Though he was too old to attend most of the courses in Kalos. During a quick return to Lumiose, however, he'd learned of a far-off establishment called Pokken Academy, where students his age and older could train and better themselves not just for combat, but for contests and other such things. After notifying his parents of where he was going, he set off for Coumarine City with just Carvanha, ready to begin the next chapter of his life.

And what a chapter it would be...

Best Experience With Pokemon: It depends, really. Chief among them is him narrowly avoiding becoming fish food for a school of Carvanha.

Worst Experience With Pokemon: Nearly getting eaten by a school of Carvanha... Then being lectured by a Pokemon Ranger for his reckless and careless behavior.

Other: Too many to add... To start:

1) He loves the water, and would likely be apart of any existing olympic swimming team at Pokken Academy, if applicable..

2) He sometimes tends to break out in fits of light singing and dancing, though this is usually only if he's alone.

3) He loves seafood.

4) hard to say if he's ever visited a Wintergreen Rattata locale before... But he just might have, just for that awkward feeling. Depends on how far they branched out.

ZephySempai

Hmm.... smells like competition... *Difficulty level increased 100%*

Honestly, though, I love him. Love the app, his personality, and I'd really like to see how he and his partner due given its limited ability outside water. That'll definitely be interesting. I'll keep that in mind while world-building to make sure certain events are Special Needs accessible for your fishy friend. Anyway, sorry for the long wait but you are hereby accepted!

Before you are allowed to post, however, you must travel deep into the Depths of Elliquiy and locate the Pokken Academy Information Station. Once there, you may post your character's application among all other champions before you. With that step completed, you will be fully indoctrinated into Pokken Academy and may begin posting IC whenever you like :)

The rest, my friend, is up to you! Welcome to our ranks, Pokken!

Gardsorm

No need to worry about the adventure, I bookmarked every topic in preparation. o:

As for Carvanha, yeah... Unless we can handwave it like the games (Floating fish, anyone?), Carvanha is almost always only useful around the water. XD So the next Pokemon he gets will be a groundpounder.

Also have some ideas to consider later for the game, inspired by things I saw in the prior pages... But it's only a maybe.

ZephySempai

Definitely PM me all your ideas. Right now I'm conspiring with a few of the other players about future and present plots. Its always good to have fresh ideas as well so things don't get dull :D

Snake

I fixed my char so she's basically" both, but I'm not sure how to work it. I did the shapeshift as a way to be fully female for the most part, only to bring the "other" set out in "private."

ZephySempai

I mean, even if she were both she could be a "grower" instead of a "shower" Only having those extra bitties come out when really aroused. Or she could invest in some tape, though that might still be noticeable.

Bah! Too much brain!

I trust you at this point, Snake. I give you creative freedom. You'll figure it out xD

Consider her accepted. Post her final version in the Information Station and we'll take it from there.

Leki

Kind of contemplating whether it'd be worth joining this or not :P
Normally I don't join things which have well and truly launched, but I'm finding my schedule a bit barren lately and wouldn't mind filling up some time with a roleplay. The main thing I'd like to know is... who's still active? XD
Tried looking through the Information Thread and I've noticed there's a few who don't seem to be around anymore.

Gardsorm

It's probably not my place to answer, but out of a lack of anything better to do, I could try to help. Personally, I liked the setting enough (and the source material) to join whether there were people or not, so long as the GM keeps it going. So will I!

As for people in the game... I feel anyone 8 days and over is a maybe right now, hard to tell but I won't count them out just yet. Anyone with a login time less than that I feel is still around, but exceptions do apply. Going by this, I feel there's still enough folks to possibly make this worthwhile for ya. o=

Leki

Hmmm? Well whether it be your place or not, I do appreciate getting a response~ :P
While I like pokemon, I can't say the same for pokemon roleplays, so after reading up a bit I think I might have to pass for the time being. I did do a checkup on activity though, and since it'd be a shame to let my digging around go to waste I'll post my shortlist up here too.

ACTIVE(12)
Xhalil(Zephyr)
Aiden(Metraxa)
Kenji(Snake)
Morgan(Kiric)
Axel(Gardsom)   
Zoey(Bekah)
Isadora(Bekah)
Shizu(Joanie)
Ecstasi(Idle)
Gina(ChaosF)
Hana(Pdragon)
Jamie(Pdragon)
Last Posted
Ryuuji(Drake): April20
Kohaku(Shattered): April23
Dhi004(Rynn): April25
Souta(Aiden): April26
Greyen(Relikai): May05
Arron(Batman): May11
Venon(Diesel): May16

Haven(Divine): April26
Keiko(Serana):  May13
Rowena(Living): May13
Alex(Lejosh): May20

Gardsorm

That makes sense, good checking. o= So the list is a little close. I recall Rynn ducked out of the game at one point, so it's safe to count her out. Everyone else depends, I suppose. Still keep an eye open, and if enough activity picks up to suit your fancy, i'm sure you'll be welcome to hop in!

ZephySempai

Hey Leki! Good to see ya again :)

Im sorry to hear your final answer but I definitely understand. Still, so long as there's people willing to chuck Pokeballs at each other, I'll be here chugging along!

Also, I do appreciate the list as well. It's a big help and I might move it over to the Information Station as well so everyone can get the update.

Thank you too gard,  for the response as well. I was hosting a game night at work tonight (while I was also scheduled for the morning x.x) and didn't really have a chance to get back. I'm alive though and will work on responses IC for everyone tomorrow :)

And Leki, if anything ever chances or you decide to give it a chance, just let me know. I'll leave a spot open for ya with any games I run :)

Gardsorm

No problem, Zeph! Hope I didn't assume anything too big, but i'm in this game til the end, and if I can help it move along somehow, or help people with info (Though I guess I didn't really help here, hahah), I can try. o=

Also, nice to have ya back, and hope game night went well! Axel's been adjusting quite nicely to life at Pokken. >>;

TheLaughingOne

Name: Tillia Turkiskaday

Sexual Preference: Omnisexual

Personality: Bit of an odd duck, she carries an enthusasim for pokemon that makes even the most extreme of Pokemaniac turn away in shame. This does have a side effect of her tending to rush in when spotting a pokemon, which usually ends with it being spooked and running away from her, usually after a surprised outburst of power, though that only temporarily deters her. Expressive, cheerful, and a boundless energy she loves every chance to meet new pokemon, and with MeiMei (her mimikyu) as a more balancing force she will be able to meet a wild pokemon without requiring some sort of minor medical treatment afterwards.

Home Town: Tohamala Village

Starter Pokemon: Mimikyu

Background: Growing up in a relatively normal fashion Tillia like many children just couldnt wait for the chance to get her own pokemon and head out into the world to make her way as a pokemon trainer! Though with her this manifest in an attempt to catch any pokemon she came across with her bare hands, and while some might not mind that to much, pretty much all of them appreciate some warning before some random over excited girl goes flinging herself at them. So while poor results with that method have done little to get her her first pokemon, it drew quite a bit of attention at how she was able to sneak up so close to even psychic and ghost type pokemon without being noticed! Eventally as news spread she did manage to "capture" her first pokemon, the Mimikyu named MeiMei, she was invited to Pokken Academy for her ability to get so close to pokemon and occasionally snap candid pictures and make sketches. Before attempting to hand catch them.

Best Experience With Pokemon: The day she met Mimikyu! She had no luck in catching any other pokemon, so was consoling herself with making little pokemon plushes, which nobody but her seemed to like, when one started to move around! At first convinced it had come to life, she soon realized that a wandering Mimikyu had simply taken the dolls shell as its own little haven! To this day she continues to make many little pokedolls that line the shelves of her room. And occasionally seem to switch position on their own....

Worst Experience With Pokemon: Oh! Thats an easy one, the time that she tried to catch a charizard, but spooked it and it blasted her with fire. Wait.. no, The time she chased a magnemite and got hit by lightning... No, no, The time she tried to catch a caterpie and got webbed up to a tree. Wait, maybe the time she tried to catch a sandshrew and fell into a deep pit it dug. Oh, no! The time she tried to catch a jigglypuff and fell asleep in the forest for a full day... Or maybe it was the time she tried to catch a cloyster and got sprayed with so much water she caught a really bad cold... No, its gotta be the time that she tried to catch a cubone and it kept hitting her with its bone til she started crying.. Nnnnoooo... The time that she tried to catch a drifloon and was carried off to the next town...  Or.. just possibly the time she tried to catch Tapu Lele and was Confused for about a week after... Or, maybe, just maybe.....

Other:
Miminions!: A small tribe of Mimikyu travel with Tillia, happy to help her with daily day to day chores and other things in exchange for a safe home, lots of love from the girl (who finds nothing about them creepy at all, and any insistance that they are usually does not end well...) and a wonderful varity of plush shells to switch between! (all strictly non-combatant)
My Ons and Offs!

You! On our wavelength! Carry our message, its heavy! Made of rocks!! Apocolypso dancing! SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY! You'll want to cut your wrists with the whole knife, but you'll only need the edge!

Gardsorm

Hahaha, she's like the embodiment of Pokemon Snap in RP form. She looks like fun! Hopefully Zeph can come in to see this soon. o=

TheLaughingOne

Pokemon Snap, with just a hint of steve irwin mixed in..
My Ons and Offs!

You! On our wavelength! Carry our message, its heavy! Made of rocks!! Apocolypso dancing! SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY! You'll want to cut your wrists with the whole knife, but you'll only need the edge!

Gardsorm

Uh-oh, maybe she should stay away from Mantines, just incase... x:

Tasteless jokes aside, I can only make quick and simple comments about her, but her attitude and behavior would probably fit right in with all our other weirdos. =p

Metraxa

Quote from: TheLaughingOne on May 29, 2017, 09:54:57 PM
Pokemon Snap, with just a hint of steve irwin mixed in..

Excellent. Soon we will have a picture squad assembled  ;D