Isle of the Damned - Pirates! Mercenaries! Slaves! - Always Recruiting!

Started by GnothiSeauton, December 14, 2014, 05:06:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GnothiSeauton

Quote from: Loves on July 14, 2015, 04:58:55 PM
awesome, I sent you both :)

Woot woot!

I'm going to read over them tonight (hopefully).  You should hear something within the next day or two.
If I can't have you, my love...  I'll destroy you
~World Building Workshop ~ Current Ideas and Requests  ~
~ Preferences ~ Status  ~ Nightmares and Inspirations~
~Gnothi's Stories Without Homes~
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories

Loves

Quote from: GnothiSeauton on July 14, 2015, 05:00:38 PM
Woot woot!

I'm going to read over them tonight (hopefully).  You should hear something within the next day or two.

Great, I look forward to hearing from you
ON HIATUS AGAIN

GnothiSeauton

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories

GnothiSeauton

And just throwing this out there, but, if anyone is looking to join, but having trouble with a character, or looking for a play-by, please don't hesitate to speak up!

I know I personally have a ton of pics of all different sorts, and have a bunch of ideas for characters.

More than willing to help out!

Seeking New Stories

Joel

:o omfg i just had a gander at the game information and realize there were a ton of characters already in play.  imma gonna need to pick your brain for a brief run down of where things are in the story and what the setting might need more of.

GnothiSeauton

Quote from: Joel on July 22, 2015, 10:05:17 PM
:o omfg i just had a gander at the game information and realize there were a ton of characters already in play.  imma gonna need to pick your brain for a brief run down of where things are in the story and what the setting might need more of.

Feel free to pick my brain anytime!

It's pretty open right now.

There's a large gladiator-style fighting event taking place in the Jungle thread.

Don't really have any characters or something like that which is of great need.  I've gotten most of that down with my own characters and GM NPCs.

Seeking New Stories

GnothiSeauton

Since I have been asked numerous times by potential members, I've gone ahead and copied the Event Directory from the OOC here for everyone to look at.  Each link will take you to an overview post that will identify what the event is, as well as rules, requirements, dates, etc.

GM Events

Here is where a general history and catalog of GM Events will be recorded.  Some are story arcs, and some are mere preludes to later events.  Each event, if taking place over multiple GM Posts, will show the appropriate links to following the GM Posts.

A Public Hanging in Effugios - GM Event:  Major story arc.  Taking place in the Village, Harbor, and Southern Beach thread.  Optional, and open to all in the vicinity of the town square.  A Malum Military Commander is hanged in public after secret plans come to light involving the dangerous future of the island.  Event takes place on the 1st of Summer.

Something Fishy Going On - GM Event:  This is a prelude to a future story, and centered on one post.  Taking place in the Open Waters thread.  A merchant ship is attacked and sank by a large and terrifying creature of the deep.  Event takes place on the 1st of Summer.

Rumble in the Jungle:  Part One, The Disappearance of Hannah Prescott:  Part one of a two part large event.  This event follows the disappearance of a young woman, the daughter of one of the richest merchants on the island, and the search for her.  A high reward has been placed for her safe return, bringing all sorts of characters in to the search in the hopes of making a quick break.  Event takes place on the evening of the 3rd of Summer, to the evening of the 5th of Summer.

Rumble in the Jungle:  Part Two, Fight Night:  Part two of a two part large event.  This event is centered around the grand opening of the new and improved Fighting Pits, located in the Jungle.  Opened by Lorehn of the Pits, and the Lord Gareon Drakaras, the grand opening is being marked by a grand series of fights, designed to unite the citizens of the island and promote unity and tranquility in the recent difficult times.

August 1st Event:  An upcoming event that is scheduled to launch on the 1st of August, 12:01 A.M, Eastern Standard Time.  This is the largest event to take place in the game, and will effect nearly everyone.

Seeking New Stories

Praxis

Quote from: GnothiSeauton on July 21, 2015, 11:38:39 PM
And just throwing this out there, but, if anyone is looking to join, but having trouble with a character, or looking for a play-by, please don't hesitate to speak up!

I know I personally have a ton of pics of all different sorts, and have a bunch of ideas for characters.

More than willing to help out!

I've been chewing on an idea...

Ive read some about the pantheon there.

Do you have a god/goddess of Knowledge?
Do you have a god/goddess of Luck or Fortune?

Please excuse my ignorance if I missed it.  If you can fill me in on that...then I'm pretty confident I can have a character concept cobbled together for approval shortly.

GnothiSeauton

Quote from: Praxis on July 26, 2015, 10:55:54 PM
I've been chewing on an idea...

Ive read some about the pantheon there.

Do you have a god/goddess of Knowledge?
Do you have a god/goddess of Luck or Fortune?

Please excuse my ignorance if I missed it.  If you can fill me in on that...then I'm pretty confident I can have a character concept cobbled together for approval shortly.

Hey there, Praxis!

Out of the major religions, there really isn't a God or Goddess of Knowledge, Luck, or Fortune. 

HOWEVER...

The Shattered Island is set up to be a sort of world-building workshop.  It's a large area of islands and landforms that are independent from one another and from the larger nations.  Some of them have their own religions, and from there, various smaller religions are branched out via trade and cultural diffusion.  So you're more than welcome to create your own religion, and even your own little society in the Shattered Islands if you wish.

Seeking New Stories

GnothiSeauton

GM EVENT

The Good, the Bad, and the Damned

Who:  Open to all.
What:  Hostile Takeover
Where:  Throughout the Island and surrounding seas.
When:  Evening of the Sixth until...?

Information

The island has been taken over!

Lord Rodrick Portifer, commander of the Brotherhood of the Sword, a seatholder on the Council, and commander of Fort Freedom, has launched an attack on the island and it's waters.  Due to the unwitting efforts of Warrek Vollos, attempting to gather up as much dragon powder and heavy guns as possible to provide for the defense of the island previously, the Fort is heavily armed and heavily defended on the bluffs looking over the Harbor.

A great many ships anchored out in the bay have been damaged beyond repair, sunk and destroyed, by the guns of the fort.  Due to the position of the fort and the guns, a few ships have remained unscathed, those anchored further in along the docks outside the range of the Fort. 

Fires have been set in the Village, and armed men of the Brotherhood of the Sword, and their unknown allies, have begun to round up criminals and those deemed of significant value and desired by various crowns and kingdoms.  The casualties have been great and many, including the Lord Gareon Drakaras, unwittingly led to his death, where he was hung and hanged as a traitor to the Black Throne of Malum. 

This event is aimed to affect EVERYONE on the island.  Peace has been shattered.  Alliances will be tested.  Friendships will be forged anew. 

Links

The Hanging of Gareon Drakaras

The Guns of Freedom

Pixie Feast - Warrek Vollos Fight

The Takeover (Recommended, Information and Overview)

Seeking New Stories

GnothiSeauton

Maybe someone sees something, and it sparks something with regards to character ideas...

Seeking New Stories

Lady Lunarius

Placing a claim in for Hannah New.

Coming soon to an Isle near you.

LaLu's updated A/A's Updated
LaLu's Delicious treats!
LaLu's O.O's/Current Interests Updated 3-11-23
I am currently NOT open for a few new RP's

GnothiSeauton

For those who are thinking of joining, but don't know what the heck is going on...

Events and What's Going On

This thread is dedicated to the listing of major, GM-Pushed events that affect the island.  All events are available to be played in, however, please pay close attention to the dates.  If the dates/times of the event are not the Current Dates, please place any scenes or interactions or reactions in the History thread.

Current Open Dates
Morning of the Fourth (Midnight) to Evening (Midnight) of the Sixth, 237 Years after Decay.
Any posts, interactions, and the like, that are either started or continued on dates previous to the Fourth of Summer are asked to be placed in the History thread.

First of Summer, 237 Years after Decay
A public hanging took place in the Village Square at Dawn.  The confessed naval commander of Malum was found in a wreckage on the northern coast, and sentenced to death by hanging. 

On the open waters, the crews of the Black Dahlia and White Lotus, both under the command of Captain Bartholomew Redwater came within eye-sight of a kraken attack several miles away from the island out to sea.

Second of Summer, 237 Years after Decay
Nothing of public importance to note.

Third of Summer, 237 Years after Decay
In the early morning of the Third, a young woman, the daughter of one of the island's richest merchants and importers, went missing somewhere in the wild of the Jungle.  Throughout the day, private search parties began to take place, organized by the father of the young woman.  With little success, the father of the young woman sent riders into the Village and the various large farming settlements to announce a large bounty and reward for the return of his daughter.

Fourth of Summer, 237 Years after Decay
Throughout the fourth, various incursions of groups of villagers, pirates, sellswords began to make their way into the wilds of the Jungle in search of the young woman and the reward placed upon her head.  There have been various reports of incidents involving the Accursed, those diseased, cannibal monsters that dwell deep in the wild.

On the evening of the Fourth, it is announced that an agreement has been in put in place between the Lord Gareon Drakaras, an exile of Malum and one of the richest men on the island, and Lorehn, the Mistress of the Fighting Pits, that will celebrate the opening of the brand new Effugios Fighting Pits.  Large, extravagant games will take place, it is announced, with various prizes and rewards for victors.

Meanwhile, from the depths of the jungle, news spreads of an alliance forged between the people of Effugios, represented by Warrek Vollos, Captain of the Bloodlust and seat holder on the Effugios Council of Three, and the natives of the Jungle to stand together in case of an impending attack.

Fifth of Summer, 237 Years after Decay
Nothing of public importance to note.

Sixth of Summer, 237 Years after Decay
The Grand Fighting Pits of Effugios are opened in a brand new arena, set in the heart of the Jungle.  It is a large and grandiose event, attracting a great many of the inhabitants on the island.  There are fights taking place in the pits, merchants setting up shops and stalls outside the arena, slaves being sold, etc. 

But the events in the Pits come to an abrupt end with the firing of the guns of Fort Freedom upon ships anchored out in the mouth of the bay and harbor.  In a coup organized by Lord Rodrick Portifer of the Brotherhood of the Sword, a member of the Effugious Council of Three and commander of the Fort, members of the Brotherhood begin the quest of rounding up various "high-priority targets".  These targets are either deemed too dangerous, or are wanted considerably by the various kingdoms and governments of the world.  One casualty has been the Lord Gareon Drakaras.

Various ships that have been in the range of the guns of the Fort have been destroyed, including the Raven.  Ships that were further out to sea, or close to the village and docks were out of the range of the guns, and spared destruction by the heavy guns stationed in the fortress.  However, that does not mean the village and it's people have been spared from the violence and destruction.  Roaming bands of the Brotherhood of the Sword have engaged in various combats and skirmishes with inhabitants and those high-priority targets. 

In the Jungles, news of the Brotherhood's proclamation of emancipation have spread across the various plantations and farms, sparking various riots and rebellions of slaves and servants.

Seeking New Stories

GnothiSeauton

Seeking New Stories

GnothiSeauton

Still accepting new characters!

Come on in and join in on all of the action!

Seeking New Stories

GnothiSeauton

Some things I'm looking for with some of my characters...

Warrek Vollos - Pirate captain of the Bloodlust.  He is, currently in the game, the last member standing of the elected Council that governs over the island.  Currently struggling with the overwhelming burden of unwittingly helped the coup, in addition to being the defacto leader when all he wants to do is be pirating.  I'm looking for something of a love interest for him, crew members, etc. 

Lora Langstor - Former slave, former pirate captain of the Raven.  With the current coup, her ship and livelihood has been destroyed, and is struggling to find a footing in the aftermath of the carnage.  Hell-bent on revenge, while finding herself taking care of an orphaned baby found in the streets during the attack.  I'd like to find a female love interest for her, and any potential allies, friends, etc.

Baela - Priestess of the Holy Darkness.  She is a devout believer and practitioner of the power of dark magic, and dabbles in blood rituals.  Surrounded by tall, cloaked religious soldiers who are charged with keeping her protected.  Throughout the current stories, Baela has weakened herself considerably, crippling herself in essence, in a blood ritual in exchange for highly valuable and dangerous ingredients from a slaver.  Ideally, I would like to find something of a follower of the Holy Darkness who becomes something of a loyal and faithful servant to her cause.

Cabyria - Proud Slave and Talented Pit Fighter.  Currently in the service of Korik after helping, to her shame, to run away from and destroy her former Master's plantation, she is at a crossroads in life, struggling with what she has done, and the shame this slave, who is proud of her enslavement, feels.  While she already has a slave of her own, I'd really like to find her a rival of sorts.  Another slave to fight and rub salt into the wounds, so to speak.

Seeking New Stories

Lady Lunarius

Quote from: GnothiSeauton on October 21, 2015, 04:10:55 PM
Some things I'm looking for with some of my characters...

Warrek Vollos - Pirate captain of the Bloodlust.  He is, currently in the game, the last member standing of the elected Council that governs over the island.  Currently struggling with the overwhelming burden of unwittingly helped the coup, in addition to being the defacto leader when all he wants to do is be pirating.  I'm looking for something of a love interest for him, crew members, etc. 

Lora Langstor - Former slave, former pirate captain of the Raven.  With the current coup, her ship and livelihood has been destroyed, and is struggling to find a footing in the aftermath of the carnage.  Hell-bent on revenge, while finding herself taking care of an orphaned baby found in the streets during the attack.  I'd like to find a female love interest for her, and any potential allies, friends, etc.

Baela - Priestess of the Holy Darkness.  She is a devout believer and practitioner of the power of dark magic, and dabbles in blood rituals.  Surrounded by tall, cloaked religious soldiers who are charged with keeping her protected.  Throughout the current stories, Baela has weakened herself considerably, crippling herself in essence, in a blood ritual in exchange for highly valuable and dangerous ingredients from a slaver.  Ideally, I would like to find something of a follower of the Holy Darkness who becomes something of a loyal and faithful servant to her cause.

Cabyria - Proud Slave and Talented Pit Fighter.  Currently in the service of Korik after helping, to her shame, to run away from and destroy her former Master's plantation, she is at a crossroads in life, struggling with what she has done, and the shame this slave, who is proud of her enslavement, feels.  While she already has a slave of her own, I'd really like to find her a rival of sorts.  Another slave to fight and rub salt into the wounds, so to speak.

*Aleksey Flicks Warrek in face with his own braid* I do believe we have some tensions to take care of there. >.>
LaLu's updated A/A's Updated
LaLu's Delicious treats!
LaLu's O.O's/Current Interests Updated 3-11-23
I am currently NOT open for a few new RP's

GnothiSeauton

Seeking New Stories

Flower

GnothiSeauton

Still recruiting and accepting characters!

It's really easy to jump on in and get started!  Don't let the Big Game Status intimidate you!

Seeking New Stories

GnothiSeauton

Despite the slight pause on my end, Isle of the Damned is still open for business and is still accepting new characters and writers!

Seeking New Stories