OBLIVION PROJECT [Looking for 1 more player!]

Started by aya, February 01, 2016, 10:12:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aya

Chapter One: Creation

Thank you for your interest in the Oblivion Project. To apply, please fill out the survey below:
Fight or Flight?
Betrayal or Cooperation?
The Sword or the Pen?
Theft or Trade?
Lust or Love?

BIFID//OBLIVION
"NOBZLZ"

This is a game about characters who wake up with no memory in a strange place. This is not a game for the weak hearted, or those who do not like to be challenged. Find the clues, get your answers, and escape. Everybody else will be trying to do the same. As you may have guessed from the trailer and the application, this is a game full of mysteries and puzzles, set in a cutthroat environment where everyone is just as confused as you are. Those who are slow to catch on will fall further and further behind; slip too far and you may find yourself eliminated from the project.

Oblivion project is open to all players, and will contain smut content. The game will be placed in Extreme for coverage reasons.

Game Mechanics
Identity System
Your characters are all blank slates. The game will present you with numerous choices, like the survey above, which will have different effects on your person. Betray another player and you may find yourself wanting to do more of the same. Kill a player, and the effects will be different. As you play through the Oblivion Project, your character will begin to take on an identity. Your identity will affect the benefits your character receives, and may limit/grant you the ability to perform certain actions. Making choices of a different kind may shift your identity, while continuing to act the same way may advance your identity. You may find clues about the identity system as you play through the game, or by discussing with other players - if they choose to share.

Cell System
Throughout the game, either by solving puzzles, stealing them from other players, or by searching the environments, you may come across cells. These cells are important in helping you to advance your identity, manipulate the environment, and more. A certain cell may help to open a locked door, while others may grant you a hint in solving a puzzle. Collect cells in order to manipulate your identity, or use them in an attempt to progress faster? The choice is yours.

Time System
Time is always ticking in the Oblivion Project. All players will be acting on a time-based system, where every post takes a certain amount of time. If you choose to thoroughly investigate a room, that eats up a certain amount of time. If it takes you more than one post to solve a puzzle, you have used more time than if it hadn't. As time goes on, your characters may find clues that may help them solve the puzzle. Other puzzles are time-gated, and you may even find that revisiting different rooms at different times changes things completely. Time, and each post you make, is an important factor in the game.

How it works: The players will be posting in rounds. Each post, unless specified, takes 30 minutes. The next round will not begin until everyone in the round has acted.

Player 1Player 2Player 3Player 4Player 5Player 6Player 7Player 8
Round 1ActedActedAwaitingActedAwaitingActedActedActed

ex. Player 1 answers the puzzle on his first try, in round 1, while the remaining players are searching the room for clues. When Round 2 begins, Player 1 enters the next room, while the remaining 7 players are in the first room. 30 minutes have elapsed.

ex 2. Player 4 finds an item that allows him to paralyze Player 6 for thirty minutes and uses it on them in Round 1. When Round 2 begins, Player 6 is paralyzed, and cannot do anything for the round. In Round 3, they may begin to resume their actions. 1 hour has elapsed.

Room System
The players will be moving around on a map that I have created; I will be tracking the location of each of the players as they move around. Due to the nature of the game, this game will be played out in PMs. It wouldn't be much of a mystery if you could read everyone's posts. If two players encounter one another in a room, I will create a new PM thread to play out the encounter. Each PM will be carefully tagged to avoid confusion.

The layout of the map itself contains locked rooms, passages, and other sneaky things - you may even find it useful to try and map out the area as you progress through it.

Too long, didn't read: Oblivion Project is part puzzles, part escape the room, part mystery, and filled with surprises. This game is for people who enjoy a challenge and stressful environments. To apply, send me a PM with the completed survey and anything you want to add. You may even find some hidden things in this post that may help your character when they begin. Do not write a character biography, personality, or attach a picture of your character.

Please post any questions and comments you have in this thread. I will do my best to clarify things that are unclear, but will not be divulging any of the contents of the game.

AnneReinard

My curiosity and love of puzzles has been piqued. I already have a slight "The Secret World" vibe. At least in how they marketed their early content, I should say.

So more an ARG vibe?
Ons and Offs

Always free for a little teasing back and forth. Or suggestions to titles to make this exhibitionist squirm! I adore silly little PMs.

aya

Thanks for your interest! I have seen a bit of The Secret World, though I've never played it. I think you've got the right idea. You may need to look things up, search the internet, do whatever it takes!

freeko

How does one express their interest in playing this game? I would quite like to give this a shot. It has been quite some time since I have played anything close to a puzzle based game. I think more to see simply where I am than anything else.

Yukina

This sounds amusing. I think I'll send in my answers to the survey. :)

Kye

aya

Thanks for all the interest everyone! We need at least one more person to begin, but the game is designed to allow for up to eight. I just have a few things to add:
1. There are no useless puzzles or clues, and each answer/tool will be used once, and only once. That is, if you find a clue and haven't used it yet, it's meant for something else. If you have used it, it won't be the answer to another puzzle or problem.
2. If you (unfortunately) find yourself eliminated, don't give up just yet. There may be something else you can do.
3. I am hoping we can start by the end of the week.

The game will be starting within a few days. Please migrate to the OOC: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=243740.0