A friendly Kitsune looking for Pathfinder

Started by OyabunKobold, April 29, 2018, 10:53:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OyabunKobold

oooh 20 point buy is workable for sure will need to fiddle around a bit... But I think I can make Aly`Guthi work out with that and still be a halfway decent kobold Arcane trickster

Currently owed posts: 0/0 | Currently owed Pms: 0| Currently owed offline posts: 0/0
Current Roleplay capacity 0/0

Vergil Tanner

I'm used to a 25 point buy, but I might be able to make 20 work...
Vergil's Faceclaim Archive; For All Your Character Model Seeking Needs!

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

Dubbed the "Oath of Drake,"
A noble philosophy; I adhere...for now.

Vergil Tanner

What would our starting level be? I always hate starting at level 1. My characters always feel so fragile xD

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

OyabunKobold

I usually enjoy starting Level 3 when I'm Gming just strong enough to not get side smacked into death with a gust of wind but low enough you aren't god yet

Currently owed posts: 0/0 | Currently owed Pms: 0| Currently owed offline posts: 0/0

Vergil Tanner

Pretty much the same thing here :P at level 1, a lucky orc could one shot you xD

Chanticleer

I am comfortable with level 1 or level 3. It sounds like most folks would prefer the higher starting point. ;)
My current O/os (need work)

LisztesFerenc

Starting level 3 is good. Will the players know eachother before hand, since they aren't brand new to adventuring if they're level 3, or have they been on their own/with others and will meeting other for the first time in the game's opening scene?

World-wise I think I will go with a frontier settlement, a colony established within the past 50 years or so, on the shores of a new land.

Vergil Tanner

Well, I was thinking that my Inquisitor would likely be new to the party. Prior to the adventure, s/he's probably a bit of a loner. :P

OyabunKobold

yeah my Arcane trickster would probably be new too as kobolds arent looked on well normally and being a Assassin/spellthief doesnt lend yourself to getting out with people often.

Probably meeting up with the party mostly because of a overarching mission that she was assigned that called for some assistance.

Vergil Tanner

Uuuuuuugh I've figured out the stats for my Inquisitor but they're so weeeeeaaaaak. I miss 25 Point Buy. xD Buuuut I have him all sorted out. Just need to write up Personality and Backstory, and I'm golden.

Sneak Peek

OyabunKobold

I need to get sround yo doing that as well hrmd probably use the skeleton from the darkonian pf game lol

Vergil Tanner

I have a formatted skeleton you can borrow, if you want?

OyabunKobold

Sure codify it and ill use that so we have similar layouts for easy use :D

Vergil Tanner

[float=right][img height=500 padding=3][/img][/float]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Nicknames:[/b]
[b]Sex:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]

[b]Race:[/b]
[b]Class:[/b]
[b]Alignment:[/b]

[b]Level:[/b]
[b]EXP:[/b]

[u][b]Basic Appearance:[/b][/u]

[b][u]Personality:[/u][/b]

[b][u]Basic Background[/u][/b]

[b]Short Term Goals:[/b]
[b]Long Term Goals:[/b]

[b][u]Connections:[/u][/b]

[u][b]Theme Song:[/b][/u]

[spoiler][/spoiler]

[b][u]The Stats and Saves, Overview:[/u][/b]

[spoiler]
[b]Stats:[/b]
[i]HP:[/i]
[i]Str:[/i]
[i]Dex:[/i]
[i]Con:[/i]
[i]Int:[/i]
[i]Wis:[/i]
[i]Cha:[/i]

[i]Senses:[/i]

[i]Attack Options:[/i]

[i]CMB:[/i]

[i]AC:[/i]
[i]TAC:[/i]
[i]FFAC:[/i]
[i]CMD:[/i]
[i]Resistances:[/i]
[i]Immunities:[/i]

[i]Fortitude Save:[/i]
[i]Reflex Save:[/i]
[i]Will:[/i]
[i]Initiative:[/i]

[i][u]Prepared Spells:[/u][/i]

[/spoiler]

[b][u]Skills, Feats and Class Features:[/u][/b]

[spoiler][i][u]Skills:[/u][/i]
[i]( + Int ( ) ) =  / Level[/i]

[i]Languages:[/i]

[i]Class Skills:[/i]

[i]Other Skills:[/i]

[b][u]Racial Bonuses:[/u][/b]

[b][u]Feats:[/u][/b]

[b][u]Traits:[/u][/b]

[b][u]Class Bonuses:[/u][/b]

[b][u]Inventory:[/u][/b]

[spoiler]
[i][u]Magic Item Slots:[/u][/i]

[i]Head:[/i]
[i]Headband:[/i]
[i]Eyes:[/i]
[i]Shoulders:[/i]
[i]Neck:[/i]
[i]Chest:[/i]
[i]Body:[/i]
[i]Belt:[/i]
[i]Wrists:[/i]
[i]Hands:[/i]
[i]Ring 1:[/i]
[i]Ring 2:[/i]

[i][u]Complete Inventory:[/u][/i]

[i]End Wealth:[/i]
[i]Total Weight:[/i][/spoiler]

There you go! Delete and add categories as appropriate :P

OyabunKobold

Thanks as soon as im near a comp ill pop it in discord to work on when i can

Vergil Tanner

Well, we'll need a setting and recruitment thread from our Almighty Leader first, but Lucian is almost done. ;) :P

LisztesFerenc

Setting thread will have to wait, I'll need some time to organize it all. For now, character generationwise, all PF sources are approved, asking me about 3rd party and homebrew and I'll consider it. Choose two traits and one drawback for your character, if no drawbacks fit talk to me about homebrewing one for them. For HP, maximum at first level, then then one below maximum for subsequent levels. Background skills are being used (2 extra skill points, but can only be spent on a limited number of options - http://www.d20pfsrd.com/skills/background-skills/ )

Minor house rules: instead of gold, silver copper, I use silver, bronze, copper, just an aethetics thing to make gold more significant. This doesn't actually effect the amount of money you have. Use standard wealth for 3rd level characters. For languages, Common is replaced by Trade, spoken by travellers and merchants. Useful language, but you take a -4 penalty to using diplomacy or conveying scholarly information with it, as it is a little limited for topics concerning trade. Human's native language in the setting is Maltian.

Any questions? I'll try and get a proper thread up tomorrow.

OyabunKobold

Ill work on my spellthief post haste

Oh i do have one question. Are we doing kingdom or academy or academy world? I'm unsure if we ever decided

Vergil Tanner

Two Traits and one drawback? Normally it's two traits, or three traits and one drawback...hrm, ok. Gotta look at my character and choose which trait to drop...

OyabunKobold

I like the idea of forced drawback so you arent a idol of perfection

LisztesFerenc

Quote from: OyabunKyuubi on May 03, 2018, 09:54:18 AMOh i do have one question. Are we doing kingdom or academy or academy world? I'm unsure if we ever decided

I decided neither, instead its a frontier setting. A colony established in the last 100 years, one of several along the coast. Still some exploring to do, lots of untapped antural resources for people to make living from and new opportunities. There probably is an academy, but it won't be the focus of this game. Not at the start at least.

OyabunKobold

Mkay so a kobold coming to the colony in search of some magickal untapped riches and make a name for herself gotcha

Vergil Tanner

Hmmm, ok. a couple of questions:

- I want to make my character an Inquisitor of Kelemvor (Lawful Neutral, anti-undead), who's a DnD God rather than a Pathfinder God. His favoured weapon is a Bastard Sword, but I want to go all-out with the two handed weapon build, so can I effectively port him into this setting but change his Favoured Weapon to a Greatsword instead? :D

- How common are undead in this world?

- What are the main languages you reckon our characters would have come across in their travels so far?

LisztesFerenc

I'll get back to you on the languages. Obviously trade and Maltian will be big. Yes, Kelemvor works as a god, and greatsword can be substituted for a bastard sword. Undead are not unheard of, usually not a problem in the city, but anyone travelling into the wilderness knows to keep an eye out for them.

OyabunKobold

Oh by the by do you prefer cannon draconic language or can i use al bhed for draconic? Since finding a translator for it is much easier than a good draconic one.