Into the Fray [TW AU - Some spoilers for season 1, LGBTQ friendly-Men needed!]

Started by undisclosedtoyou, September 13, 2013, 11:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

undisclosedtoyou

Beacon Hills has always been a quiet little town nestled in Northern California. Until recently. Lately, bodies, mauled but uneaten, have been discovered. The police have written these mysterious deaths off as nothing more than people losing in the survival of the fittest -- mountain lion attacks. Yet there is something utterly odd, something supernatural, with this string of 'wild animal' attacks. This abnormal activity has lurked in the shadows for over a decade already, hidden in plain sight from ignorant eyes. The story began with an arson case and a family brought to ruins. It continues today with an old pack begun anew, hunters both merciless and honorable, and a few teenagers who have been pulled unwittingly into the dark history of Beacon Hills.

The setting for this game will be based on the television show Teen Wolf.  It'll be set in the same universe, but will be made up of Original, as well as cannon characters.  The underlying plot will follow cannon for the first season, but only the base story line.  Everything else, from which characters are turned into werewolves, to how people react will be completely up to you players.  I'm looking to make this a small group game, but with a wide variety, both in genders and sexual orientations.  It'll have a plot, but the direction of the story will be left, for the most part, in your hands.  I'm looking for teen aged characters, 16-18, and of course one or two to take on the adult roles.  All characters, with the exception of two or three, will start off human.  So if you're interested, please do let me know here.  And feel free to ask any and all questions you have.

We need more guys, as well as more females and anything in between.

SigImage!

[url=https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=185001.msg8898754#msg8898754][img]https://elliquiy.com/elluiki/images/2/2f/IntoTheFrayBanner.png[/img][/url]

"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

undisclosedtoyou

GM Notices

Multiple Characters

QuoteAs of right now, I want everyone to start the game off with a single character.  That being said, a second character will be allowed in the near future, you are more than welcome to write up said second character and submit them for approval, but I ask that you either wait to play them, or make them NPC's until I open the ability to play second characters.  This is just so we start things nice and steadily, giving everyone the opportunity to get used to everything and everyone.  Once I feel that we're all comfortable than I'll let you guys do your things.

Wolf Forms

Quote from: undisclosedtoyou on September 19, 2013, 07:01:04 PM

As of right now, all the wolfed out forms will be the ultra ugly shift, no full on wolves.  I know it's possible in the show, but so far, I only know of Talia Hale being able to do it, and she was a special case.

Story Format

QuoteSo this is what I'm thinking of doing for the game.  I'm going to break it up into "Chapters."  Each chapter will have it's own plot, and there will be a thread that will let you know what chapter we're on.  At the end of each chapter, there will be an event, that will wrap it up.  I'm sort of debating making these events take place in chatzy, and riposting it on the forums.  Let me know what you guys think about this idea.
"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

GhettoMagick

I am completely interested though I would prefer an original story this still works for me I love teen wolf so much
I wanna be loved by you. Just you. And everyone else too. I wanna be loved by everyone. ;o)

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: GhettoMagick on September 15, 2013, 06:22:11 PM
I am completely interested though I would prefer an original story this still works for me I love teen wolf so much

I was actually thinking of making it a complete AU where it's set in the same universe but it's a different pack.  I'll wait and see if we get more interested and if more people want all OC's, we can go that way.

Also, woohoo, another fan of the show!  It's way better than it should be, right?!
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

undisclosedtoyou

Updated:

1) Changed the plot.
2) Changed the status from Cannon to AU.
3) Changed the Title.

To sum it all up, changed almost everything.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

GhettoMagick

I wanna be loved by you. Just you. And everyone else too. I wanna be loved by everyone. ;o)

Chaosfox

So  I am watching the first episode right now and am loving it and wouldn't mind getting in on this rp.  I do plan on watching the  two seasons they have on netflix
There is no Order only Chaos and all the joys that it brings. 
This way too On's and Off's

undisclosedtoyou

Woohoo for Magick still being interested!

Quote from: Chaosfox on September 17, 2013, 02:46:12 AM
So  I am watching the first episode right now and am loving it and wouldn't mind getting in on this rp.  I do plan on watching the  two seasons they have on netflix

The show itself is way better than it should be, in my opinion, lol.  If you go to the MTV website they should have all the episodes, up through the end of season 3A, for streaming.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Chaosfox

There is no Order only Chaos and all the joys that it brings. 
This way too On's and Off's

undisclosedtoyou

I'd definitely do that if I were you, the first part of season 3 was definitely, something.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

GhettoMagick

I love teen wolf too much. If not many people are interested I say we just have a little small group then.

CurvyKitten

Color me interested I actually just watched it on netflix a little while ago and loved it.

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: GhettoMagick on September 17, 2013, 11:13:42 PM
I love teen wolf too much. If not many people are interested I say we just have a little small group then.

I would not be averse to making it a small group.  I'm going to let the interest thread stay up for a few more day's though, in case there's any more stragglers.  But I'll probably have a character sheet up tomorrow or the day after.  Until than, feel free to ask questions, or throw ideas out for your character.

Quote from: CurvyKitten on September 17, 2013, 11:15:06 PM
Color me interested I actually just watched it on netflix a little while ago and loved it.

And it's a curvy!  This would not be our first werewolf game together! 

Also, I'm thinking of bidding for the ad spot on top of E, let me know what you think about this banner, yeah?

O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

CurvyKitten

Quote from: undisclosedtoyou on September 17, 2013, 11:24:11 PM

And it's a curvy!  This would not be our first werewolf game together! 

Also, I'm thinking of bidding for the ad spot on top of E, let me know what you think about this banner, yeah?

yes it would be! And I look forward to it.   hehe and I like it!

GhettoMagick

I okay so can I be a teen druid emissary? I would start off as human not really knowing what's what until things start developing. Oh and rumor has it they might do witches in the futures or their is going to be more different creatures if something new comes up and I like it can I kill off my current character and make a new one?

eBadger

Color me interested...haven't seen the show before, but teen girls and werewolves sound like a fun combination, and a non-sandbox game is amaaaazing. 

I obviously don't want it to derail the plot, but I assume some play is okay too, considering the note about genders/orientations?

And since I was just pondering what to watch tonight with the Roku tag flickering about my screen, I suppose I'll check this show out. 

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: CurvyKitten on September 17, 2013, 11:28:24 PM
yes it would be! And I look forward to it.   hehe and I like it!

Noooooo, we played together on UTBLOV for years, and that had werewolves, Lady!  And sweet, I def liked the banner to.

Quote from: GhettoMagick on September 17, 2013, 11:33:49 PM
I okay so can I be a teen druid emissary? I would start off as human not really knowing what's what until things start developing. Oh and rumor has it they might do witches in the futures or their is going to be more different creatures if something new comes up and I like it can I kill off my current character and make a new one?

Moving this to spoilers for those who haven't gotten too far into the show.

My reply
For right now, I'm going to say, no to making a teen druid emissary, but just for right now.  Later on in the game, If it looks like it's a good direction to go in, I'll reopen the topic with you and we can plot something out for it.  Since the show has had druids, incorporating witches wouldn't be a huge leap for me.  Next season I hear they're going to introduce a Kitsune as an antagonist, which would be pretty interesting.  As for killing off your character, if that's what you want to do with your character, than it can discussed with me, and we can come up with an interesting way for them to die. 

Quote from: eBadger on September 17, 2013, 11:37:48 PM
Color me interested...haven't seen the show before, but teen girls and werewolves sound like a fun combination, and a non-sandbox game is amaaaazing. 

I obviously don't want it to derail the plot, but I assume some play is okay too, considering the note about genders/orientations?

And since I was just pondering what to watch tonight with the Roku tag flickering about my screen, I suppose I'll check this show out. 

Woot, an eBadger!  Oh, I definitely suggest you watch it, it's a fun watch.  Don't get me wrong, I'm going to give you guys a lot of leeway, but yeah it's going to have a plot and what not. 

Some play is definitely okay in any of my games; as long as it amuses me. -dead pans- 
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

jetblackmirror

OH SWEET JESUS!!!!!!! -dies-

I have been waiting for this. I am so in. Soooo in.
𝙳𝚒𝚊𝚖𝚘𝚗𝚍𝚜 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚝𝚛𝚎𝚎𝚜,
𝚙𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚊𝚐𝚛𝚊𝚖𝚜 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝚜𝚔𝚢.

Vael the Destroyer

Well, I guess Jet's character is going to need a sassy gay friend so I'm in.

jetblackmirror

𝙳𝚒𝚊𝚖𝚘𝚗𝚍𝚜 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚝𝚛𝚎𝚎𝚜,

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: jetblackmirror on September 18, 2013, 12:01:25 AM
OH SWEET JESUS!!!!!!! -dies-

I have been waiting for this. I am so in. Soooo in.

Your reaction is exactly the one I've been waiting for! 

Quote from: AShatteredSymphony67 on September 18, 2013, 12:07:58 AM
Well, I guess Jet's character is going to need a sassy gay friend so I'm in.

You, are sort of awesome.

And okay, it looks like I won't need the advertisement page for this game, since we're getting enough people interested in joining.  Expect a character sheet to be up tomorrow-ish!
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Vael the Destroyer

Quote from: undisclosedtoyou on September 18, 2013, 12:11:19 AM

You, are sort of awesome.

And okay, it looks like I won't need the advertisement page for this game, since we're getting enough people interested in joining.  Expect a character sheet to be up tomorrow-ish!

Thanks, I try. ;)

jetblackmirror

Quote from: undisclosedtoyou on September 18, 2013, 12:11:19 AM

You seriously have no clue. I've been wanting to do a Teen Wolf group rp for some time, but I didn't think anyone else would be interested! -hugs- Lets be best friends.
𝙳𝚒𝚊𝚖𝚘𝚗𝚍𝚜 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚝𝚛𝚎𝚎𝚜,

undisclosedtoyou

Okay, since I'm not going to use the image for the advertisement, I'll use it for a sig image.  If anyone would like to use it also, here's the code!

[url=https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=185001.msg8898754#msg8898754][img]https://elliquiy.com/elluiki/images/2/2f/IntoTheFrayBanner.png[/img][/url]

It'll be in the first post of this thread, for easy look up, also.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: AShatteredSymphony67 on September 18, 2013, 12:12:40 AM
Thanks, I try. ;)

Lol

Quote from: jetblackmirror on September 18, 2013, 12:25:13 AM
You seriously have no clue. I've been wanting to do a Teen Wolf group rp for some time, but I didn't think anyone else would be interested! -hugs- Lets be best friends.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing.  But honestly, the fandom is too huge for there not to bee fans on this site.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's