Anthropomorphism * Thundercats & monsters?

Started by explorer92620, July 13, 2014, 10:42:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

explorer92620

Hi all * waving * I've been reading here about anthropomorphism which prompted me to investigate more online.  I'm interested and would like to learn/chat with others who are more experienced. I'm open to new experiences and it peaked my curiosity, been reading about it online and Thundercats and monster came up, I'm confused. Thanks and kisses.

Garuss Vakarian

Anthromorphism is basicaly non humans with animal traits. But humanoid bodies. It's broader then saying "Furry."  It include neko's, and such. (Humans with cat tail's or dog ears etc. Popularized by Anime.) As well as beings that are seemingly a 100 percent mix of animal and human. (Anthromorphism is a 50 50 result of two different things. The first being a form of fiction in movies/games/books, which in my opinion is used to make supernatural/alien races which can be more identifiable to the viewer/reader. Werewolf's are one of the few more widely acceptable examples of this form. As well, cartoons like Thundercats, or TMNT. Even going as far back as ancient times, mythology uses anthromorphism with creatures such as the Centour or a Mermaid. But, theres a second reason anthromorphism is so popular on the internet for story telling. And that reason is more about sexual gratification as well as social identity. Anthromorphisism is partialy a result of the phenomenon known as "Furry's." A kink/racial identification. Where the indulgy IE: Furry's. Are those whom like to dress up as animals, or identify themselves as animals. IE: A fursona. Though one need not identify them self as a furry, to have an attraction to them. I am not a "Furry." And I still have an attraction to the art, and races for roleplaying/story telling. Honestly, it's whatever floats your boat.)

Example's of 100 percent animal looking anthropomorphism. can include. The below Dragon, Wolf, lizard and arctic fox.

explorer92620

Hi Garuss - wow thank you very much for your exhaustive answer!!! you have totally answered my question, I was getting confused because I was thinking Beauty and the Beast and mythology then when further researching online other aspects of it came to light broadening the concept making it really difficult to grasp. Your explanation should be in Wikipedia!! I can now totally see the social side that I had imagined complementing the sensual side of a story well developed as you have so clearly noted. There are many rich layers to it. Very interesting :)

Garuss Vakarian

Explorer- My dear explorer, I am glad you are happy with my answer. I hope it helps you in the future if ever you wish to use anthromorphism in role plays/stories. None the less, good luck with your approval process.