Not Another Hogwarts Recruitment Thread (Seeking Students and Professors!)

Started by Flower, April 21, 2015, 03:26:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flower

We received it. It may take a few days for us fo respond with edits just to let you know. :-)

Also, I added the professor/staff information here. It's on the man board but I figured it would be useful here as well.

Ellipsis

I'd love to submit an herbology professor. Should be finished with her shortly if you're still in need of one.

Flower

Most definitely! Thank you for applying. <3

Also apologies to those who have submitted and have not heard a response. We've been a little busy.

Writersblockade

I have the pleasure of being fairly new to Harry Potter, and thought that making a first year would be a good way to get my wand wet, so I have a few beginning questions:

1. where the heck are people getting those OWL templates? I looked through the threads and online, but couldn't find a match.

2. I was writing up my history and found myself including bits of the immediate family within it. Is it okay to omit the family section to save sanity? The character is muggle-born.

3. I'm trying to embrace the idea of not having control over my house. Are the GMs okay just putting me through their own little sorting hat arrangement?

Some heavy hitters here! It'll be nice to have folks to improve with.
Story Lottery Profile
Here’s my O/Os!

I don't know who this Muse person is, but if it explains away the voices in my head, then I'm all for it!

Emjay

Quote from: Writersblockade on July 15, 2015, 06:04:35 PM
I have the pleasure of being fairly new to Harry Potter, and thought that making a first year would be a good way to get my wand wet, so I have a few beginning questions:

1. where the heck are people getting those OWL templates? I looked through the threads and online, but couldn't find a match.

2. I was writing up my history and found myself including bits of the immediate family within it. Is it okay to omit the family section to save sanity? The character is muggle-born.

3. I'm trying to embrace the idea of not having control over my house. Are the GMs okay just putting me through their own little sorting hat arrangement?

Some heavy hitters here! It'll be nice to have folks to improve with.

Hello Writersblockade and welcome to HAF!

1. By OWL templates do you mean the table coding that people have added to their sheets? If so here they are:

The Code
[b]OWLs[/b]
[table][tr][td][color=black][b]Class Title[/b][/color]
Muggle Studies
History of Magic
Hogwarts Concise History
Beginners Practical Incantations
Magical Theory
[/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][center][color=black][b]Score[/b][/color][/center]
O, E, A, P, D, or T
O, E, A, P, D, or T
O, E, A, P, D, or T
O, E, A, P, D, or T
O, E, A, P, D, or T
[/td][/tr][/table]

Also here is a link explaining the different grades, what they mean, and the classes that are included.

2. No you must include them in the family section. It doesn't have to be extensive. Just list their parents and their siblings (if they have any), their occupations, age, and blood status. Here is an example:

Example
Family:

Father : Gregory Eccleston - Shop Owner/Broomstick craftsman, Halfblood, 46

Mother : Margaret Abrams - Muggle Relations Officer, Muggleborn, 46

Stepmother : Angela Ashworth - Housewife, Halfblood, 46

Half Sister : Renée Margaret Eccleston - 5th year student (Gryffindor), Halfblood, 20

3. You may have been looking at the old information on how the game works. You can choose whichever House you feel fits your character best. In case you were looking at the wrong info thread here is a link to the most up to date game information.

If you have any more questions you can post them here or PM Flower and I.
[tr]
[td]
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table]
[tr]
[td]
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

Writersblockade

*salutes* Can do, and thanks for the code. I was seeing the pictures of the OWLs on some of the character sheets as I was taking a gander. I will submit what I have as soon as I can.
Story Lottery Profile
Here’s my O/Os!

I don't know who this Muse person is, but if it explains away the voices in my head, then I'm all for it!

Emjay

Quote from: Writersblockade on July 15, 2015, 06:55:22 PM
*salutes* Can do, and thanks for the code. I was seeing the pictures of the OWLs on some of the character sheets as I was taking a gander. I will submit what I have as soon as I can.

There is no rush, as always. And if anything else confuses you do not hesitate to ask for help  :-)
[tr]
[td]
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table]
[tr]
[td]
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

Writersblockade

As you may have seen, I posted a sheet. Please let me know if you need anything adjusted. I'm still learning as I go, which is the best part of this whole thing lol
Story Lottery Profile
Here’s my O/Os!

Flower

Will do. We'll send you an email after both Emjay and I have reviewed it. Thank you for being patient.  :-)

Flower

FYI to anyone has sent sheets, apologies for the delay. My RL move slowed things down. Hopefully you should receive word soon. Thank you as always for your patience.