Let There Be Pirates! -pathfinder, looking for one replacement player

Started by Roleplay Frog, January 07, 2019, 02:34:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryu Wojin

QuoteRodgel:
We'll need to talk about the torture-fetish, as not everyone might be into that, can you detail that a little more?
Character almost strikes me more as evil than neutral going by some of her stuff. What keeps her from dropping there?
Mechanics look solid, sheet looks solid, my concerns are exclusively on what she considers a good partytime after a good drink of rum.

Torture doesn't have to be shown or even done upon party members. That'd be exclusively towards enemies. And if she gets the one curse, it most certainly would push the sadism further into evil territory.

So its more like. Chaotic neutral to START. Depending on party and their actions, she may never go fully evil.

Hobbes1266

So... I just took a better read of the gunslinger class, specifically the, gunsmith feature and the gunsmithing feat it provides, and apparently I didn't need to spend 1300 gold to get a masterwork pistol, I can just use the pistol you get for free with the class and upgrade it for 300 gold... I'm gonna do a bit of editing...

Hobbes1266

No deadline has been announced yet, but the froggy GM might have something in mind and just hasn't said anything yet.

Roleplay Frog

Quote from: Kathyan on January 10, 2019, 12:57:38 PM
Mind if I submit... a character? When's the deadline?

No and no.

I want to give everyone interested a chance to tinker out a character, BUT. I do want decently frequent posting too, so perhaps I should do a deadline, yeah.

So, for now let's say that:
I'll be looking over Charactersheets in detail on Sunday, the 13th (in ~ 2 1/2 days) and if there's enough awesome piratey character stuff that's done or near done, I'll start up the campaign then and there.

I apologize in advance for having to be selective, but I hope that by being a bit picky I can make a campaign that'll survive to tell a fanciful tale of adventure, strife, erotica and of course, pirating.
I do not intend to run another campaign (unless an interested co-dm plops up and offers to help out), but rather, those not accepted right away will go onto a wait list and potentially be pm'ed on a latter joining interest if, Gygax forbid, a player should drop out.

helvorn

A manageable group is probably best to keep things from bogging down with waiting for posts.  It's also nice to give people who aren't lurking (like me...) waiting for games a chance to see the add and get a character in even though I'm burning to get started (if chosen!).

Roleplay Frog

Quote from: helvorn on January 10, 2019, 07:33:46 PM
A manageable group is probably best to keep things from bogging down with waiting for posts.  It's also nice to give people who aren't lurking (like me...) waiting for games a chance to see the add and get a character in even though I'm burning to get started (if chosen!).

Burning to get started is definitly a good sign. :P That said, yeah. I've tried starting with more players to compensate campaign-fallout, we all know it happens, but recently I'm off the mind that it might be better to move with a smaller group with a faster pace, with characters that I with my boundless frog-wisdom feel fit together.

Also, for everyone wishing for this to start up.. I want to start it too. but until sunday, I wont have the time ya deserve to turn this into a proper thing anyway. I wanna kick things right into the action with a big first ic post and some special house-rules on leveling etc, so, yeah. ^^

helvorn

As much as a huge pirate love fest might be I can see that a small, 'motivated' crew might be best.  There are always drops so adding as you go seems like a good idea.

Autocad

Touched up Naomi's background and finished the rest of her char sheet!

Roleplay Frog

Looking good Autocad *nodnod*

Folks, ya got about a 24 hours left to submit a character for the campaign if you haven't yet!

Vergil Tanner

I'm toying with an idea! I might throw my hat into the ring tomorrow morning, if I can get the sheet up in time. Undecided what concept to go with ATM, though...are there any specific classes that are NOT appropriate?
Vergil's Faceclaim Archive; For All Your Character Model Seeking Needs!

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

Dubbed the "Oath of Drake,"
A noble philosophy; I adhere...for now.

Hobbes1266

Probably cavalier, paladin, monk, other lawful classes... But that's not really up to me

Vergil Tanner

It looks like what people are missing is some big scary fighter at the front. I'm playing with the idea of a Sea Reaver Barbarian to fill that role. Hmmm...

And lol, well, there IS the "Wave Rider" Cavalier that gets the Hippocampus as a mount. But you're probably right :P

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

Kathyan

I had a hard time deciding what to build, thinking bard, kineticist and then thinking making a front liner too, monk fighter or barbarian but ended up going with a druid. :P I'll have her ready in a while.

Hobbes1266

Will we need to worry about pregnancy in this game? If so how would we deal with that? Pregnancy and the kids that result from them aren't great for piracy, maybe magic and orphanages?

Kathyan

Name: Seak 'Slippery' Deyil
Class(es): Druid (Kraken Caller)
Race: Tiefling (Oni-spawn)
Alignment: CN
Description: Measuring slightly less that 6 feet, although surpassing them with her high heeled boots, Seak has an shapely hourglass figure that she likes to further accentuate wearing corsets. She has no horns but her fiendish inheritance is made pretty clear at first sight by the fact that her green eyes glow very brightly not only in the dark but at daylight as well, although some might be staring first at her thick tail, not just at her pretty curvaceous rump but an actual prehensile tail.
Fetishes: Exhibitionism, cheating, humiliation, bondage, rough sex, underwater sex, receiving oral sex, tentacles (she will eventually be able to grow some), frog tongue fucking (yay for kinky animal companion), tail fucking(literally using her tail to fuck others but anal fucking is an ON as well), mind control, dirty language, intimidating others, being bluffed/fooled into kinkiness, sharing her booty with her crew mates, being seduced with wealth and power, non-con (giving and receiving). She wouldn't like being on the sub end of things but I will certainly enjoy it.
Dislikes: Bath stuff, heavy violence or blood in the sexy bits, sexual torture is fine and so is mild violence, Seak doesn't like vanilla sex either.
Backstory: Having grown up in a tropical village surrounded by marsh Seak was picked and looked after by a small circle of druids who raised her with the hopes of making the evil seed that she was grow up to be good. She was taught the faith of the old ways and they were successful making her fiendish nature not to drag to do evil, or so it seemed, but she never fully felt like fitting in there. She could not just be as good as these people and while she respected their gods she couldn't fully put her faith and believes into them. One day as strove to commune with nature itself she wandered on the limits of the village and she walked through the reefs Seak believed to listen something coming from the sea. It was not the voice of elements that she heard but something else, the feeling of a tentacle stroking her hair making her whole body shiver not in fear but in ecstasy and her tail to tighten as it coiled around her thigh, she wanted to know more! The tiefling wouldn't revere the sea from then on but something that lurked in its depths, something that was forbidden and that only madmen and pirates would seek out. Fine if she had to be a pirate to be closer to the creature she worshiped as a god she would be, nothing would prevent her from her goal, not her childhood friends, not her mentors, she'd do anything and kill anyone she'd need to.

Bonus questions!
What's a secret your character would never want anyone to know? That she would like to offer everyone in sacrifice to the tentacled creatures of the sea, let them decide if they are worth living or be kept to satiate their sexual needs.
What's the greatest treasure you can find on the high seas? A kraken's lair. Slippery would be be happy to be able to directly serve such a 'divine' creature and be rewarded by its tentacles as she does whatever she is told.
If you had to pick a pirates-curse for your character, what'd it be?: The curse of the haggler: Whenever asked for sex when bargaining or making a deal(even as a joke or a mere insinuation and even if she is subject to be bottom) the curse would make her think of it as a fair deal and would agree to it.

Ability Scores(+Modifiers)
Str 18 (+4)
Dex 16 (+3)
Con 14 (+2)
Int 12 (+1)
Wis 14 (+2)
Cha 05 (-3)

HP: 18 Armor Class: 21 Initiative Bonus: +4 Speed: 20' CMD: 18 ( Your BAB +Str/dex+feats)
Saving Throws: Fort +5 Ref +3 Will +5 (-2 vs charms and compulsions if offered wealth or power)
Class/Racial Feats
Tiefling: +2str +2wis -2cha; Scaled skin(cold); Skilled (disguise,intimidate); Spell like ability (Alter Self); Darkvision 60'; Prehensile Tail; Favored Class bonus: +2hp
Druid: Call of the Waves, Nature Bond(Giant Frog); Nature Sense; Wild Empathy; Dauntless Swimmer.

Chosen Feats: Dirty Fighting
Traits: Bruising Intellect, Keeper of the Veil, Bloody Minded, Power Hungry
Skills:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Climb.  1r+3cs+4str-3armor = +5
Disguise.  2r+3cs-3cha+2racial+1trait+2kit = +7
Intimidate.  2r+3cs+1int+2racial+1trait = +9
Know nature.  1r+3cs+1int+2druid = +7
Perception.  1r+3cs+2wis = +6
Profession (sailor).  1r+3cs+2wis = +6
Survival.  1r+3cs+2wis+2druid = +8
Swim.  1r+3cs+4str-3armor= +5

Languages:Common, Abyssal, Aquan, Druidic.
Equipment and items: WIP
Disguise Kit x20 uses   100gp
Masterwork Lamellar armor (horn)   250gp
Heavy wooden shield, Scimitar, spear, dagger, club
Attacks CMB +5 (Attack bonus +Damage with chosen weapon
Spellcasting WIP
Cantrips:

Grade 1: (can spontaneously convert into Summon nature's Ally)

Pet

Size Medium; Speed 30 ft.,swim 30 ft.; AC +1 natural armor; Attack bite (1d6); Ability Scores Str 15, Dex 13, Con 16, Int 1, Wis 9, Cha 6; Special Qualities low-light vision, scent, tongue, pull.

HD 3, BAB +2, Fort +3 Ref +3 Will +1   Skills 3 Feats 2, Bonus Tricks 1, Special: Link, share spells

Tongue (Ex)
A giant frog’s tongue is a primary attack with reach equal to three times the frog’s normal reach (15 feet for a Medium giant frog). A giant frog’s tongue deals no damage on a hit, but can be used to grab. A giant frog does not gain the grappled condition while using its tongue in this manner.

WIP

Random notez!

A cute version of herself. ^^

I'm missing her spells as well as completion of her animal and still have to go through a few items (I'm thinking some masterwork intimidating tool or kit, so either with limited uses or something used not for demoralizing but for coercing or influencing) but besides I think I'm done.

Roleplay Frog

Quote from: Hobbes1266 on January 12, 2019, 09:27:01 AM
Probably cavalier, paladin, monk, other lawful classes... But that's not really up to me

I mean, those would need way more of a stretch, I'm certain, but they aren't necessarily impossible. I wouldn't entirely disallow a class.

Except summoner. Get out. REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

QuoteAnd lol, well, there IS the "Wave Rider" Cavalier that gets the Hippocampus as a mount.

There ya go.

Sea Reaver could work nicely too, you got hrmn.. about half a day left at the time of writing this, perhaps a lil more.

QuoteI had a hard time deciding what to build, thinking bard, kineticist and then thinking making a front liner too, monk fighter or barbarian but ended up going with a druid. :P I'll have her ready in a while.

Druid sounds odd for a pirate until you remember ships are made of wood and suddenly you got yourself a potential shipwright that can feed the crew.

QuoteWill we need to worry about pregnancy in this game? If so how would we deal with that? Pregnancy and the kids that result from them aren't great for piracy, maybe magic and orphanages?

For one if you are into it, for two, nonono, once the first kids come you retire to be responsible parents, what do you think. :P

While I'm at it.

Seak:

I didn't even know Kraken Caller was a thing. Also.. ohohoho. You're a better fit than you know right now.
Mechanics:
- are you trying to bribe me with that pet? Who says I can be bribed so easily!
-That ac seems a bit extreme. I get to 20, am I missing something?
-go go complete her casting shenanigans! ^^

Vergil Tanner

Ah, well, at 22:22 my time, you said "24 hours left." By my count, that leaves me 13 hours to finish...unless you're gonna end early on me ;)

I can get a character sheet whipped up in a couple of hours, I just need to finish some writing first :P

Roleplay Frog

Vergil Tanner

Well, Barbarians are a little hard to keep fully topped up on health and AC, especially if you wanna focus on damage, so I'm expecting to get slapped around a lot. Thankfully I've got a not-bad-Con in mind, and the Toughness Feat and Favoured Class Bonus should help my HP a little.

Hopefully I'll have something for you in a few hours :D

Are Unchained Barbarians ok? :D

Roleplay Frog

Chains are cooler. I mean go wild but I never saw the appeal of unchained classes once you got to build-details.

Vergil Tanner

Well, it depends on the class. EG, Unchained Rogue and Unchained Monk are just objectively better, as far as I can tell. xD Unchained Barbarian has its drawbacks, but it must be noted that the biggest difference is that Unchained Barbarian gets the good kind of Temporary Hitpoints, and the Standard Barbarian doesn't. :P

Roleplay Frog

I've not extensively build using unchained classes, but from observing unchained barbarian characters I am quite confident in saying that they're marginally weaker in the long run.
To be clear, up to a certain point of building characters unchained classes are stronger and more streamlined, it's only when, to stick with the barbarian example, you grab Diehard and the Fast Healer feat degeneracy in specialized builds (for example, there's a delicious skald/barbarian meld) and perhaps even start rage-cycling in theorycrafted builds that you notice a severe dropoff of the usefulness of unchained.

Vergil Tanner

Well, theorycrafted is just that; theory, y'know? And only in specific builds. But if you're going Unchained, you'd imagine that you'd be going for a specifically Unchained Build. Besides, games very rarely get to that end game level. Personally speaking, IRL I've never taken a character past 13th Level.

And yeah, people seem to be kind of "Pick your poison" with Barbarian and Unch!Barb, but taking the Rogue Example, it's just flatly better. It can do everything the Rogue can do, and more. For example, it gets Weapon Finesse as a Bonus Feat at level 1, and then lets you pick a Finessable Weapon to deal dex to damage with at level 3. That speeds up SO MANY Rogue Builds, I can't even begin to list them xD

Roleplay Frog

I intend a roleplay-encouraging system for level ups, been testing this a little in my soul to sell and, so far, been quite pleased with it. If ya hold steady to the campaign I could see going from lvl 2  to ~ lvl 7 easy enough before the campaign is over.. beyond that I dun want to make predictions though.