Brutal male vs female arena combat game/story

Started by Mr Marks, May 03, 2010, 05:32:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Marks

Hi- I've got a simple set of rules I've written for a fighting game and a kink for mixed fighting (M vs F)

First fight in progress:
Arena 2: 

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=68996.0

The game will be based upon a straight fight to the finish- submission, knock out or death. 
You are invited to write a character and duel against other characters of the opposite gender- though I may open this up later depending on how arduous the game is for me to run.

Players send their orders in secret- I work out the results and post the action description.
Then players post their reactions and thoughts.
Once that is complete they send their next actions again.

Its a game because you have a set of choices and you can win or lose
Its a story because characters have a history and describe thoughts, feelings, actions as well as combat effects.

Essentially its based on both players submitting their actions for the turn

ie block head, chest, groin
fast attack head
strong attack left leg

(Its a bit more complex than that but not much)

Then I work out what happens and post a description.
Players then post their reactions and send new pms with their new actions.

Continue until one player can no longer continue.

Of course the players can spin out the battle if they wish- inflicting humiliations and indignities on the loser.

I'm not going to make the men win or the women weaker.  In fact there will be no advantage between the sexes.  So wins and losses will be entirely up to the skills of the players and their actions in the game.

I'm happy for males to play female characters and vice versa. 

At the moment I've got one player who is testing the game but I'd like another two if possible

Characters would be professional fighters with no supernatural powers.
I would generate the character stats based on your description to fit my rules.

Essentially there are five stats
Agility, Strength, Speed, Endurance and Toughness

So an fast agile girl might get loads of actions and be able to dodge many attacks but a good solid hit would really tell on her, while a super tough guy would be able to ignore most of what she threw at him but eventually would be worn down.

Players would be expected to post two-three times a week.

Any takers? 

Mr Marks

I hope I haven't been too confusing- in the interest of clarity here's what I mean.

Laeticia: An agile female ninja- whose strength is her speed vs Goro: a brutal barbaric pit fighter with bulging biceps and unbelievable toughness

She's fast- speed 6 so 7 actions a turn- these attacks could be given in more descriptive language but essentially here they are.

Evade head (2)
Block chest, abdomen, groin (3)
Fast strike to groin
Fast strike to abdomen

He's slow- just 4 actions per turn
Massive strike to chest (4)

Blocks, evades and other defences remain for the entire turn.
Other attacks go in order on the message

(This is a cut down version of the post to give you an idea)
The two fighters wasted no time sizing each other up and drive straight towards eachother.

Laeticia launched a stinging attack at Goro's groin.  Her foot impacted solidly but her light frame vs his toughness didn't give him much to worry about. 
His reply drove hard into her chest- a massive strike with both fists.  She threw up her arms to block but even so the powerful strike drove her to her knees.
Leaping up she drove her knee into his abdomen and leapt away to reconsider her strategy.

The result is that she's taken damage to her abdomen and he's suffered insignificant damage to his abdomen and groin.

Players then post their reactions.  They can telegraph their moves or try to trick their opponent or just write a description of how they feel, the rips in their costume, their unending fury etc.

Blackbird

Eh, why not? I'll help you test this out, Mr. Marks. Is there anything specific you want us to provide for our characters? If you don't mind, I was thinking of having a fast, acrobatic female character.

Mr Marks

Sounds cool-

A description of your character and a picture would be great.

From there I'll come up with the stats and we'll proceed.

If necessary I can play as the other character- I'll plan the attacks before I read your actions.

Blackbird

Sound’s great! I’ve been looking for a good fighting RP for a while, so thanks Mr. Marks!

How’s this?

Rachel (Rae for short) Silva, age 19, grew up in a poor urban neighborhood as the daughter of a former professional mixed martial artist. Raised in such an atmosphere, it is unsurprising that the she grew up more rough-and-tough then the other neighborhood girls (and the guys too!). Trained primarily by her dad, she personalized his MMA fighting style to suit her own natural grace, speed, fluidity, and acrobatic abilities.

Mr Marks

Sounds awesome!  I can't wait to get started.

I've put up a new thread:
Characters
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=67794.0
In game chat
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=67796.0
Game rules
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=67799.0
Arena 1
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=67800.0

I wasn't sure where to put it so I've dumped it in the NC section.

Sorry to be a pain but could you please repost your character in the characters section.

Blackbird

There we go, revised and reposted.

Mr Marks

Thank you!

I hope that we can recruit someone else- otherwise your girl be going up against my boy.

What do you make of the rules-  anything confusing or unintelligible?

Blackbird

Not really as of yet, but it might be useful to add that example turn (second post of this thread) in the rules thread, so that way all the technical stuff is together in one place. Other then that, I... think I get it? But hey, it's a trial run, right? The whole point is to see how everything works.  ;D

And yes... All you people viewing this thread, feel free to jump in! The more the merrier! Diversity is the spice of fight!

Mr Marks

Hello all-

I'm looking for two more players to take part in the arena game.

Any takers?

Ironwolf85

I've got a bunch of guy characters, though very few humans. I need to know if you're all right with that
Prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, love...
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.
Civilization: the ability to put that psycho in prision for killing people.

Mr Marks

Hi,

I expect that will be fine- though the idea is to have a real world arena I'm sure non-human characters will be fine- bearing in mind that at this stage I'm not giving out special abilities or powers.  Its just physical attacks and grapples.

What kind of character did you have in mind?

Ironwolf85

I was thinking of using a male personality bot named Nova. have a long backstory for him.
though he's a machine he was built for fighter combat, meaning his armor is no thicker than your standard guy with a breastplate.
his speciality are his lightning reflexes and ability to analyse and adapt
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.

Mr Marks

Sounds like he'd have high toughness, high speed, low agility and average strength and endurance.
Is that how you see him?

The way I work the points is simple.  There are a set amount of points to spend on a character build so lightning fast reflexes mean a low stat somewhere else.

Ironwolf85

high endurance and fast reflexes, but his heavy body means he'll be grounded throught most of the match, no jumping and flipping all ninja like. his strengh is only average so he can't push a truck quickly, but high endurance means he can keep pushing for a long time...
basic stats:
Endurance: High
Vitality: Average
Agility: low
Reflexes: High
Strengh: Average
speed on foot: low average

http://i12.tinypic.com/7yn2ds5.jpg the bot on the left

elfguy

Is there any female openings? I have a couple characters that would like to prove their worth.
----

Mr Marks

Hi Elfguy

Yes- if you can create a female fighter you can take on Ironwolf's mechanical killer

Can you both post character descriptions and pictures in the character thread please

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=67794.0

I'll set you up with stats and we can start the battle

nepola

I would be interested in seeing how this plays out. I am willing to help test this out with you if you need another female fighter.
Who can find the time?

Mr Marks

Hi- I'd love to see your character idea and I'll put you into a game as soon as there's an opening.

I'm not going to start too many off at the moment because I don't want to overextend myself but you wont be waiting long!

Thanks

Mr Marks

Hi all-

I'm looking to start a couple more battles-

These battles are arena battles- set in a near future earth- a televised fight between a male and a female.  Characters can be based on almost any concept you like- though special powers are limited.

Check out the link above to see a battle in progress

I look forward to seeing the character concepts you come up with!