Labyrinth [Interest Check]

Started by TheVillain, June 25, 2014, 06:16:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheVillain

There's an ancient story that speaks of a Queen giving birth to a monster, so the kingdom locks the monster away in a maze of impossible scope and complexity. Demanding tribute from a local rival, every seven years 7 youths and 7 maidens were taken and tossed into the maze to let the monster decide their fate. Saved by a hero with the monster slain, the world was free from the evil.

The old story was just a myth - but funny thing about stories. They often have a kernel of fact to them. And a group of modern day adventurers are going to find it out...

Alright - quick idea I've had. The Myth of the Labyrinth and Minotaur was based on something real, except more Lovecraftian and with no happy ending. Locked in a maze with impossible architecture to keep the world safe from it, the monster lies dorment - until a (mostly female) group of explorers finds the Labyrinth, get lost inside it, and accidentally wake the monster up. And, funny story - the story claims that the monster eats it's victims but we never really saw...
My O/O's / My A/A's / My Ideas
Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.

TheVillain

Bumping, just in case it was the timing of the original post.
Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.

KurganofPrussia

TheVillain

Going to need a lot more women before this gets off the ground but thanks, Kurgan!

Thesunmaid

I would be interested. what kind of time frame are you looking at for this? And also maybe how long would it take to get the game started? I have made characters for other games that never seemed to get off the ground or they died before they really even started.
Some mornings its just not worth chewing through the leather straps.
Current Status for posts: Caught up (holy shit) Current Status for RP:looking for a few

TheVillain

When the game would happens all depends on getting more women. But for the time period I'm leaning modern but can do ancient. Either archaeologists finding the Labyrinth or it can be a tribute year.

MiraMirror

I might also be interested in this, though I would hope it actually gets off the ground, since plotting a character out tends to backfire if the game never really starts.
On's and Offs -  Please read before asking for a story <3

Red Stella

I'm interested.

A female archaeologist would be fun to play. 

TheVillain

Starting to look like we might have something workable. Can I see some basic ideas for characters? Not going to ask for a full plotting but the more the merrier - let's see what we have.

Chreestafer

Opposed to guy playing a female?
“The Doctor: This is bad, I don't like this. [kicks console and yells in pain] Never use force, you just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case... always use force!
Amy: Shall I run and get the manual?
The Doctor: I threw it in a supernova.
Amy: You threw the manual in a supernova? Why?
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me when I'm cross!”
Ons and Offs
F-List

Thesunmaid

i have no problems with cross gendering..i play male charecters sometimes myself
Current Status for posts: Caught up (holy shit) Current Status for RP:looking for a few

Chreestafer

“The Doctor: This is bad, I don't like this. [kicks console and yells in pain] Never use force, you just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case... always use force!
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me when I'm cross!”
Ons and Offs
F-List

SpiralSpider

~ My Ons/Offs, Characters and general RP info ~ Where am I?

"If you get hurt, hurt them back. If they kill you... walk it off."

Thesunmaid

TheVillain

Quote from: Chreestafer on June 30, 2014, 11:17:07 AM
Opposed to guy playing a female?

Not really, hoping for a dude to play a dude - because what's a horror movie without a first dead body. :P

Chreestafer

Quote from: TheVillain on July 01, 2014, 09:12:59 AM
Not really, hoping for a dude to play a dude - because what's a horror movie without a first dead body. :P

So wait, you'd prefer I'd play a guy?
Ons and Offs
F-List

TheVillain

No, just hoping someone plays a guy so I can kill him.

It's a joke.

KurganofPrussia

Quote from: TheVillain on July 01, 2014, 09:48:28 AM
No, just hoping someone plays a guy so I can kill him.

It's a joke.

Wait... wait... I'm still here.  Ya gonna kill me??  LOL

MiraMirror

Well, that's no good at all. D:
On's and Offs -  Please read before asking for a story <3

Thesunmaid

I would be fine with guys or girls in the game lol so is this happening?

TheVillain

Looking good, just want to see whose going in the maze.

Red Stella

*taps the screen*

I'm still interested in this.  Anyone out there?

ragarth

I'm game for this as well if its still up.

Since it looks like someone was interested in a female archaeologist, I'd probably run a female undergrad doing a summer internship at the dig site. Upper middle-class, enough money to to be a bit naive and have a taste of the lap of luxury but not enough to be aloof and haughty.

Hmm, as a secret twist, she spent two weeks as her Chem Professor's pet puppygirl to get a D turned into an A. It was his idea and she keeps that period of her life very, very secret.