News:

Main Menu

Anime

Started by Null, December 15, 2013, 10:54:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Null

I was looking around the forums, and I couldn't seem to come across a thread on anime. So I decided to start one. ( correct me if I'm wrong guys (^_^ )

Guess this forum is for the sole purpose of the discussion of anime!

Anyway. What anime have you watched recently ( or not recently, just any time )and what did you think about them? What sort of anime would you recommend to others based on your opinion?
( If you don't already know, I'm an anime nut )

Well recently, I watched the original season of " Hellsing ". This I'd an excellent representation of what vampires are supposed to be. Brutal, cunning, and lustful. ( very sorry twilight fans, but these are real vampires )

I also recently watched a romance anime called " Say I Love You " This anime is great because it takes an extremely unpopular girl and pits her with an extremely popular boy. Great love story.

So don't be shy guys! ! ^_^
I was younger then, I wasn't afraid of anything, I didn't think about dying for a second. I thought I was invincible. Then I met her. Before me, my world shattered. I wanted to live, I started to think like that; for the first time I was afraid of death. I had never felt like that before.

Yukina

I love anime! If I tried to list what I've watched, it'd get very long.

Recent Anime I've watching in the past few months
1. Acchi Kocchi; a funny slice of life anime
2. Sword Art Online; An alright anime, though the fairy arc seemed very much unneeded.
3. Guilty Crown; A very interesting anime to me. It has that nice Code Geass vibe to it.
4. Attack On Titan; It was good at first, though to its slow pacing, I started losing interest.

Sasquatch421

Recently?

1: Kenichi: The Mightiest Disciple~ I loved this one because while it is a fighting anime, it is also hilarious and Kenichi reminds me of myself back in high school.
2: Ghost in the Shell S.A.C 2nd GIG~ I've always liked Ghost in the Shell... The opening is awesome and the series remains a must see for any anime lovers. Plus the Tachikoma's
     remain awesome!
3: Ergo Proxy: I've been a long time fan of cyber punk and while I'm still working on this series it's dark and leaves you guessing.

Those are the top three, I've got a nice 6 foot bookshelf filled with anime plus stuff I've rented and watched. I've always been a DBZ fan and I love the Gundam series as well. My absolute faves will always be The Vision of Escaflowne and RahXephon though.

Null

Just found an anime with the craziest name I've ever seen. A certain scientific railgun s. Check it out guys, its pretty good xD

Oh and just got finished watching black rock shooter again. If insanely brutal and intense combat with oversized guns and massive death machines, mixes with middle school girl drama is your thing, check this out.
I was younger then, I wasn't afraid of anything, I didn't think about dying for a second. I thought I was invincible. Then I met her. Before me, my world shattered. I wanted to live, I started to think like that; for the first time I was afraid of death. I had never felt like that before.

Yukina

Quote from: Null on December 15, 2013, 02:21:40 PM
Oh and just got finished watching black rock shooter again. If insanely brutal and intense combat with oversized guns and massive death machines, mixes with middle school girl drama is your thing, check this out.

That anime was great. It had a very interesting plot. :)

Null

I can't be the only one that was genuinely scared of Yomi's impaired friend that had to rely on her... ( just thinking about her sends shivers down my spine, I for one would not want to live in the same house as her xD

Yukina

Quote from: Null on December 15, 2013, 02:50:20 PM
I can't be the only one that was genuinely scared of Yomi's impaired friend that had to rely on her... ( just thinking about her sends shivers down my spine, I for one would not want to live in the same house as her xD

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
It's sad that once she becomes normal though, that when she thinks she's doing something nice for once, that it's actually Yomi's breaking point.

Null

Just started watching attack on titan and holy crap. The first episode alone teared me up. Such an emotional and brutal anime. You guys have to check it out.

Yukina

Quote from: Null on December 16, 2013, 09:58:52 AM
Just started watching attack on titan and holy crap. The first episode alone teared me up. Such an emotional and brutal anime. You guys have to check it out.

After having voiced my opinions, I will not be watching it. However, I will admit it has an epic theme song though.

Nadir

I love Attack On Titan. Very awesome anime. I've not watched any others recently, but another favourite is Code Geass. Mechs and mindfucks galore.

Yukina

Quote from: Dim Hon on December 16, 2013, 10:56:23 AM
I love Attack On Titan. Very awesome anime. I've not watched any others recently, but another favourite is Code Geass. Mechs and mindfucks galore.

Code Geass was a wonderful anime! :) It's one of my top favorites. I even have a cosplay of Zero.

Null

Just finished attack on titan. Man, what a show! The cliff hanger was epic. Anyways, on to Sword Art online. ( which I hear is good )

Inkidu

I can't remember the last anime show I watched. :P

I'm stuck with what runs on Toonami and I don't like that. There's no anime channel so I'm kind of stucky  not being able to stream movies and have no money that I'd want to spend on it. It's just  not worth getting into again for me.

Shame, I hear it's going through a bit of a revival. It got pretty bad from what I read around the time I left high school.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Null

I hear you man. Anime ( if your serious ) takes a huge chunk of your day, especially if your wondering whats going to happen next ( like I always do... everyday... )

Yeah, toonami is a cluster of random shows . I'm just lucky to have a bunch of spare time on my hands.

Lux12

I recently got into Satoshi Kon's works. Really mindscrewy stuff but well done. It's easy to see why people refer to him as the David Lynch of Anime. I'm kind of upset with myself for not doing so earlier.

I finished Gurren Lagann and I'm still not sure how seriously I'm supposed to take it all.

I'm also thinking about watching Ghost Hound. Anyone ever hear anything about it?

Null

Ghost hound? That sounds ... ( rubs chin ) Interesting... I must check this out right away

Kunoichi

I've been following the recent adaptation of Hunter x Hunter, lately.  Before that, I think the last anime series that I bothered to watch regularly was the 2012 adaptation of Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, which was amazing and really captured the essence of the series perfectly. ^^ It's getting a new season in the spring of 2014, as well, which I'm really looking forward to.

Aside from that, the only other anime series that I can really talk about is one that's coming out in 2014 that I'm really looking forward to called Knights of Sidonia.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bs6aA1wgzrg

Null

This space/love/ awesomeness intrigues me greatly. Thank you for the preview. Guess that's one more person looking forward to this extremely cool looking anime!

King Serperior

Thinking of checking out One Piece.  Reading the manga and am up to Cloud Island, so I am debating whether to just focus on the manga first, or watch the anime?

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

Null

Honestly man, watch the anime. But seriously. There's something like 640 episodes and counting. If your gonna watch one piece, its gonna be a loooonnnng term commitment. Think it over before you do^o^

King Serperior

Quote from: Null on December 16, 2013, 07:25:03 PM
Honestly man, watch the anime. But seriously. There's something like 640 episodes and counting. If your gonna watch one piece, its gonna be a loooonnnng term commitment. Think it over before you do^o^
640 or so episodes?  Not a problem.  Watched Bleach from beginning to end, even moved to subtitles when the English dub was over.  :P

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

Null

Then go for it. One piece is fantastic. Lots of great moments ( too many to count actually )

Kunoichi

Quote from: Null on December 16, 2013, 06:14:15 PM
This space/love/ awesomeness intrigues me greatly. Thank you for the preview. Guess that's one more person looking forward to this extremely cool looking anime!

That's good to know. ^^ When it comes out, it's apparently getting a simultaneous worldwide release on Netflix, so it should at least be easy to watch.

Null

Half way through " a certain scientific railgun!" even though I know I'm watching the series out of order. Through the first few episodes of sword art online. Good impressions so far!

Null

Halfway through " A certain scientific railgun !" even though I know I'm watching the series out of order. The first few episode of sword art online are leaving good impressions!