News:

Main Menu

The Sims 3

Started by Caity, February 08, 2009, 01:51:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inkidu

Quote from: Caity on February 23, 2009, 02:08:56 AM
Could TS1 characters get it on?   I can't remember.  I know they didn't have extensive family trees, but I remember they were asked to have a baby even thought they only kissed.  Kissing = babies.  TS2 is a little incestuous too.  Second cousins don't recognize each other as relatives even though Sim A's Dad was Sim B's  Dad's first cousin. 
Cousins kind of depends on where you are in the world. Still it's funny. I saw Sims 3 some time ago and it looked like the sims are finally getting realistic. I'm betting on a month after release is when all the naughty mods will appear.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Destiny Ascension

Hmmm, I love the Sims. Sims 2 University was my favorite(My Sim had like, a dozen lovers in college, WOOT!) and the Sims 2 Pets was a close second.

I hope they do a few more things right, mainly having an actual life system where your Sims can do more than just go to work and disappear. Maybe mini-games or you can watch your Sim work. As much as anyone would hate to say it, the Sims is BASICALLY a movie in a game, kind of like The Movies, just more interactive and less focused on the movies, duurr.

But I was always so let down when my gal went off into her Army career and I couldn't see what she was up too, I was only left controlling her lover. And she couldn't cook, so I just set everything on fire.

My god, now I'm stoked for this!!! D:
"Build courage when courage seems to fail, gain faith when there seems to be little cause for faith, create hope when hope becomes forlorn."
Andraste's flaming sword! I know where babies come from!

Caity

Everyone said they wanted to see their sims go to school too, and then everyone complains that Uni takes too long.  :P  I don't want to follow my Sims to work.  You could have them open their own business and watch them work that way. 

polaroids

Ever since I got a Mac I haven't been able to play Sims.

It's agonizing.

GOD I JUST WANT THE NEW GAME WHY DID THEY HAVE TO POSTPONE IT IM GOING TO SCREAM.
This was the close,
this was the moment.
He pressed the golden metal to his lips
and whispered, "I am about to die."

[o/o]

saturnschild

Hi my name saturnschild. And I am recovering for my addiction to the Sims. But with this recent talk of another installment of this highly loved game. I have found myself slipping back into my addiction. I have recently have been trying to reinstall Sims 2 and its expansion packs. But unfortunately my computer have not taken any of them to completely download. I believe it is my computer saying you do not have the time for this very entertaining addiction. But I tell you come June or whenever it comes out, I will be playing it, and not care about if I get addicted again. I hate and love you Mr. Will Wright.
The greatest thing you can ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return.-Moulin Rouge
In a world ruled by the dead, we are forced to finally start living.- Walking Dead
And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts, And I looked and behold: a pale horse. And his name, that sat on him, was Death. And Hell followed with him. - Johnny Cash

Ons and Offs saturn

Halcyon

I was so pissed off/miffed when they moved back the release date! I just want to play the game so badly ;-; but it won't be the same without all my naughty mods...x3
let's watch the night explode, just hold onto me.
i'll whisper you this truth uncompromised

Chris Brady

Quote from: Inkidu on February 23, 2009, 06:46:34 AM
Cousins kind of depends on where you are in the world. Still it's funny. I saw Sims 3 some time ago and it looked like the sims are finally getting realistic. I'm betting on a month after release is when all the naughty mods will appear.

You underestimate the human entrepenuerial spirit, my friend.  I give it a week.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

lexxusbabe

I played both Sims games, but switched from XP to Linux last year so won't be able to try the third one :( At least I don't have to use Microsoft anymore though, so it's not all bad! If I win the lottery, I'll buy a PC and just play the Sims on it :)

Caity

So I got the Sims 3 and dislike it greatly.  To me, it's more like a console game with less open-ended game play.  I hate the graphics and the animations.  I hate the way the sims look, they're supposed to look "realistic" but to me, they look like gumby.  And besides, I liked the cartoony way my Sims 2 looks. 

Besides all this, it's full of bugs.  Namely, all 4 speeds are the same, so it takes forever for them to sleep or work or read a book.  I doubt I'll even be playing again until a patch comes out to fix at least this very annoying problem.

Aragem

You aren't the only one.  I would read m Twlight book while waiting for them to finish sleeping.

Hopefulyl the next patch will fix it all.

Also, I think my Sims dad went after the baby with a WRENCH!!!!

Caity

I read an entire US weekly magazine and maybe got through 1 whole sim day in about the hour I played.  *lol*

Destiny Ascension

Hehe, I liked it...though there are some SEVERE pathfinding issues, my sim went on a 21k jog when I told her to jog no more than 5k...it was.....odd. I lost her for like 5 minutes and finally found her in map mode.

Otherwise, I like it. Its kind of buggy, but it works a hell of a lot better than Fallout 3, its less straining than Mass Effect and its just fun overall. I think its a nice game but not much of an improvement, but none the less its still just as fun as ever, though severely limited in choices. Only a few careers and most of the little perks you can get are useless at best. Some of the ones that improve time between needing to use the bathroom, eat, shower are pretty cool but other then that...

One thing I love is the traits. Insane, Easily Excited, Flirty, Kleptomaniac and Computer Whiz. Most useless Sim I've ever created, but damn funny. XD
"Build courage when courage seems to fail, gain faith when there seems to be little cause for faith, create hope when hope becomes forlorn."
Andraste's flaming sword! I know where babies come from!

Caity

There are some features that I like.  The traits are one of them.  But as I've only gotten through 1 day with 1 sim, I haven't gotten to see much of them. 

It's just a totally different game, and I happen to prefer The Sims 2.  I don't mind loading times, etc.  I'm not into the seamless neighborhood, I miss all the detail.  And  I  hate that I can't create my own neighborhood or see inside of community lots.  Bah.   

Reading the guide is more fun than playing the game.  :p

Aragem

Keep in mind that there are sure to be expansions on the way.

Inkidu

Quote from: Aragem on June 10, 2009, 07:26:40 PM
Keep in mind that there are sure to be expansions on the way.
Full priced, rather shallow expansions but we sort of expect that from Mr. Wright and are willing to pay. Is that sad?
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Aragem

I think the Expansions are fun.  They brought lots of new things to the game. 

mannik

Quote from: Inkidu on June 10, 2009, 07:42:42 PM
Full priced, rather shallow expansions but we sort of expect that from Mr. Wright and are willing to pay. Is that sad?

Actually...will wright had nothing to do with this particular incarnation of the sims...EA is the money grubbing asshats that do the massive expansion thing...Hell, they are even selling content for the sims 3 alrady, for REAL money.

Notice how little is actually offered in the CAS mode? That's because they want you to spend actual money to get new hair and shirts and crap.

I love the game, but HATE the company behind it.

Inkidu

Quote from: mannik on June 10, 2009, 09:24:19 PM

Actually...will wright had nothing to do with this particular incarnation of the sims...EA is the money grubbing asshats that do the massive expansion thing...Hell, they are even selling content for the sims 3 alrady, for REAL money.

Notice how little is actually offered in the CAS mode? That's because they want you to spend actual money to get new hair and shirts and crap.

I love the game, but HATE the company behind it.
Yeah I'm getting to where I don't touch anything made by EA the parent company. EA Redwood or whatever they're calling the studio now is my new favorite best friend because of Dead Space.

Sims 3 for me isn't buggy everything seems to work right. It locks up but I blame that on my barely able to run it outdated PC.