The Trading Post - OOC ...... ( Open to All )

Started by Sasha, June 18, 2011, 10:43:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oxloloxo

I hope You and your family get through it all x
If you need me and I'm not online pm me, it gets sent straight to my phone and I'll be on asap

Aria Darkenwing

Character Name : Autumn Sullivan
Character Age : 17
Time period Character came from: Present day (2011)

What the character desires : To live.

Character Appearance : 

Character Vibe/ Personality : She is calm. Today at least. The next day her heart breaks and the sky cries with her. She is gentle. For now. Later, she throws a tantrum and rips all stuffed toys and get well cards. She locks herself in her room. Next week you find her conversing with a complete stranger on the street. 

Character Background : Autumn was in her final year of high school when she fell ill and was diagnosed with leukemia. Her once sun-kissed skin lost its vibrance and turned pale. She used to have waves of strawberry blonde hair, shed off mercilessly by chemotherapeutics. She sports a new turban every day to be more fashionable. Slowly her strength has been draining out, but the spirit in her continues to hold on to life. Frail she may look, but her deep green eyes tell otherwise.
I come from the valley of the gods where meanings are lilting and oblique. ~Ayn Rand

Sasha

Character Name : Autumn Sullivan
Character Age : 17

Character accepted ....please proceed with your into post at the Trading post .

Note : As stated earlier ....I have a funeral to attend to on Monday ...showing tonight . So my posting is a little slowed at this time ...please feel free to make your opening post though .

Aria Darkenwing

Quote from: Sasha on August 28, 2011, 08:37:04 AM

Note : As stated earlier ....I have a funeral to attend to on Monday ...showing tonight . So my posting is a little sowed at this time ...please feel free to make your opening post though .

My condolences goes out to you and your family.
I come from the valley of the gods where meanings are lilting and oblique. ~Ayn Rand

Miyu

Sasha

Indeed ....this is an ongoing game ....till the end of time . Please read the first post and put up your choice of character to play out their stay at the Trading Post . I can then approve the intriguing addition and you will be free to join in icly in game with a revealing emergence into the lighthearted dark side of things .

Smiles ....I promise to be gentle anyways .  *coughs *

Miyu

Character Profile : ( Not required but does make things easier )

Character Name : Hirusaku Kisame
Character Age : 20
Time period Character came from: Modern

What the character desires : Not sure yet, Hiru its more of a dominant persona than anything but he is shy on getting girls. His looks mostly do the work for him. I am still not sure what I want with him int his roleplay but we will see...

Character Appearance : 

Character Vibe/ Personality : ( How do others perceive him , what is apparent - how does he or she act on the outside . Give a few descriptive words to sum him up .  Example ,  Rough - Loner , Aged ...with eyes dark as night that bore into you . ) He is the type of man that knows what he wants and aims for it always. He stand by the side of his friends all the time and defend them if needed to be. He is a very protective man that will protect all those he considers worthy. On the other side he is a ruthless person, those who try to hurt his friends will feel his fist on their face.

Character Background : He is the singer of a growing famous band in Japan called Monolith (That is true you can look it up, he sings great). He was born in okinawa Japan and ever since little he had a gift for music. His words always carried a lot of emotions to them and often than none drove girls crazy. He formed a band in high school and ever since then his popularity did nothing but grow. His good looks made some think he was actually a woman, the way he dresses and the way he acts sometimes makes a lot of people think that he is in fact a woman. His band took off and became famous right away grabbing the attention of a lot of fans in Japan. On their third year they decided to expand their tour to America and try their best to make it in one of the roughest place in the world for the music business.

MoNoLith - Gravy Sauce

Sasha

Character Name : Hirusaku Kisame
Character Age : 20

Going to be a clash of the centuries - I think ....but none the less , welcome aboard . Smirks ...character approved .

Miyu

Sasha

Quote from: Miyu on September 01, 2011, 11:38:24 AM
Why you say that?

Well 2 modern day characters ....with a lady of royal standing from the  Georgian Period -- 1714 to 1820 , and another from the Victorian era .  I got a feeling it could become the war of the centuries as the thought pattern alone has changed greatly from then to now .

Plus we do have a few that are inactive ...that kind of fill in between with the roaring 20's , 50's  era .....and I think the 80's but would have to back up to look .

Miyu

mm I think I am going to have to back down from the rp. Kinda don't feel any muse coming sorry

Sasha

Feel free to post your introduction then at any point in the future .

Garrit

[whoops apologies for jumping the gun]

Character Name : Del McCullen
Character Age : 32
Time period Character came from: 1863

What the character desires: To be able to write a letter to his brother who is unfortunately dead and was also fighting on the opposite side as Del.  More abstractly, Del wishes consolation of his brother's death and affirmation of the love the two once and might still share.

Character Appearance: He is a stocky, rugged man of scots-irish descent.  Iconoclastic, actually, of any red faced, beaded frontiersman.  Specifically he stands at five nine, short, however he was quite broad and thickly built.  He kept a trimmed handlebar mustache in better times, though he would likely appear before the Trading Post with a wry and overgrown beard.  Del cut a distinguished profile despite.  His eyes were a vivid, cobalt blue that were piercing beneath his dark and heavy brows.  His nose, hawkish.  Lantern jawed, the man's appearance seemed to simply settle with a gargoyle's patience.  When he might appear before the Trading Post, he'd be dressed in 'Union uniform'  which was a cobbled thing.  The regulation blues were found in his jacket, which was wide open in the heat.  Beneath he wore a checkered lumberjack's shirt with a set of thick leather braces (suspenders), which held the regular blue trousers.  He did not possess his haversack or his bedroll when he came to the Trading Post.  Instead, he was light with just the implements of killing: his springfield rifle, his pouch of cartridges, a knife.  And... letters and pencil which he could never part with.  Folded and bundled, wrapped tightly within an oil skin and leather strapping was tucked inside of his jacket.

Character Vibe/ Personality: He was always purposeful and war tended to fulfilled other parts of his potential.  Once sociable and light hearted, he is a little more reserved now and instead wonders on the esoteric.

Character Background: It wasn't a hard decision for him to join the Union Army.  His state of Kentucky had been embroiled hotly over the issue of neutrality those early days of the war.  Del never had a fondness for the whole enterprise of slavery.  The reasons were clear.  His family did not own slaves.  Shortly after his father's death, the family 'estate' was divided up between him and his brother Samuel.  Neither Samuel or Del had the were-with-all to purchase slaves to begin with and the region of northern Kentucky they lived in did not demand the sort of cropping (cotton) that required slavery.  Corn and Cattle, easily managed by Yankees, was also equally handled by the brothers.  Samuel, Del's older brother, married and had three children.  Del's wife died in childbirth at the age of 19 and Del, a widower at 20 never remarried.  For his family, Samuel did not see a future with the Union, which threatened increasing burdens of oversight and order...  For him, the fortune of his family had been the abundance of the times and had the War not occurred he would have surely migrated further West in that eventful year of '60.  Del, on the other hand, a joker and the bon-viviant of the family had the fool's perspective on the Confederate aims...  That a fool should know a fool.  He had not cheered John Brown at Harper's Ferry, but he had broiled with disgust at the vicious, bloody fights over the sovereignty of slavery in Kansas in Arkansas - and this was before the War.  So when the South invaded neutral Kentucky in the Summer of '61, Del had declared to his mother that he was to head north to Ohio to volunteer.  His Ma bid him to stay awhile and so summoned his brother Samuel.  Not hardly through the door, his older brother so deeply admonished the short sightedness of Del that Del was almost to arms with anger.  It was that very night that the brothers each left their mother's house.  One to the North and the other to the South.

Some years later, after Del had volunteered into the ____ infantry Ohio and seen plenty of the war, he would receive a letter from his mother.  A short written thing for Del had always known that Samuel and not him was nearest to her heart, "Your brother has died."  That shred of paper, Del keeps folded up and closest to his heart.  It is the same he unfolds at night to read and read again like it should not be the case...  or rather, that more should come from it...  the manner of death, the place, the battle the person responsible! 

In '63 things are not as they were... they were darker days, desperate days... and Del was no longer the same as when he'd first mustered at Columbus, Ohio back in those brighter days of '61.  Even he could not imagine how horrible things should become.

Sasha

Character Name : Del McCullen
Character Age : 32

Character approved ......well put together I might add . No worries about jumping the gun it all works out in the wash .

Glad to have you along for the fun .

Hugs ,

Sasha

Garrit

Sorry for the late response, I am still getting used to rping on forum.  (how do you keep informed to people posting?) 

I usually hang out on IRC on the E channel on sorcerynet, IRC.

Is posting now

Haloriel

I bookmark my threads.  And you needn't post constantly - or apologise for lateness!  Post at your speed that you're comfortable at. :D

The Lovely Tsaritsa

I would like playing, if you still aceppt characters, Sasha! :-)

Name: Svetlana Aleksandrova, knowed as Sally Alexander
Time Period: the early 1930’s
Character Desires: true love!
Character Appearance:

Character Personality: Sally is a sweet girl, very trusting, and loves pleasing people. She is a entertainer, always singing, and dancing, she always has smiles for every one. She is impulsive, some times, this gets her in trouble! But she always means, to help people, or make them feel happy.

Character Background: Svetlana was born, in Moscow, a poor Russian girl. Her parents, they taked her to America, before the October Revolution. They moved, to California. A movie director, he discovered Svetlana, he put her in many silent movies in the 1920’s. She renames her Sally Alexander, and puts her in silly comedies. And very quickly, she becomed a huge silent movie star! 

But, her money from her movies, she loses it, during stock crashes, in the 1930’s. And when talking movies, they begin then? The audiences, they don’t like her Russian accent, they don’t see her movies, any more. She is riches, to rags, looking for small jobs in Hollywood now. And hoping, one day, she becomes a movie star, again!

Sasha

lovelylilT ......smiles , I would never turn you down sweetie .

What a lovely character ....feel free to post up your entry post as you desire .

Hugs ,

Sasha