Pathfinder Assassin's Guild

Started by Mantis Shrimp Prime, April 07, 2017, 02:29:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mantis Shrimp Prime

Quote from: Snake on May 13, 2017, 11:35:58 AM
Magus is a Int-based caster. I don't really like how the Cha-based version of it works with the "Mystic trance" thing to use any of the bloodline powers. If the GM would waive that I'd seriously consider it.

I could let you do the Cha-based spontaneous casting like a bard, but keep the usual base magus abilities.

Quote from: Snake on May 13, 2017, 11:23:23 AM
I was going to do a female tiefling that just goes in and offs people with huge shocking grasp attacks XD

Now that's what I'm talking about.

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on May 13, 2017, 01:29:35 PM
Absolutely. Not all assassins kill. The total destruction of a family's reputation might be enough.

I picture her as the Chorus' spymistress. The sort who whispers in an ear and then you hear trade war starting drawing out a target that another can kill at their leisure. Or the use of a literal 'arcane' poison that is delivered at a social gala by a sleight of hand.. or a deadly spell delivered by a kiss after a bodyguard feels a sudden urge for a drink. (Suggestion)

Ooh, I like that. Someone that kills something other than a literal life.

Quote from: Mystic Dragon on May 13, 2017, 08:11:08 PM
Are monsters still legal? If so I'd like to step out of my usual and play an incubus that uses succubus stats.

Maybe. Depends on how we'd handle that.

Snake

Then that's what I'll do. The character IS originally Cha-Based, she's a Succubus-blooded tiefling (which is why I'm having her start off in history as a literal sex slave. Sold to pay a debt because "isn't that what you demons do?" sort of deal)

Would I still have to use the mystic focus ability to use the bloodline abilities? Like it mentions in the Eldritch Scion archetype or could I use them the way the blood-rage works (instead of 2 "rounds" it would last 4+cha mod?)

Callie Del Noire

What I got so far

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

'Assassins' Elliquiy PC
Human enchanting courtesan 5/enchanter 5
N Medium humanoid (human)
Init +2; Senses Perception +11
--------------------
Defense
--------------------
AC 12, touch 12, flat-footed 10 (+2 Dex)
hp 80 (10d6+20)
Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +8
--------------------
Offense
--------------------
Speed 30 ft.
Arcane School Spell-Like Abilities (CL 9th; concentration +15)
   9/day—dazing touch
Enchanter Spells Prepared (CL 9th; concentration +15)
   Opposition Schools Abjuration, Necromancy
--------------------
Statistics
--------------------
Str 10, Dex 14, Con 14, Int 22, Wis 13, Cha 16
Base Atk +4; CMB +4; CMD 16
Feats Conceal Spell[UI], Cunning, Deceitful, Favored Prestige Class, Greater Spell Focus (enchantment), Heighten Spell, Scribe Scroll, Spell Focus (enchantment)
Traits clever wordplay, extremely fashionable
Skills Acrobatics +5, Appraise +11, Artistry (criticism) +10, Bluff +30, Craft (alchemy) +19 (+21 when working with poison), Diplomacy +25, Disguise +13, Fly +8, Intimidate +11, Knowledge (arcana) +18, Knowledge (history) +14, Knowledge (local) +15, Knowledge (nobility) +13, Linguistics +19, Perception +11, Perform (act) +11, Perform (dance) +11, Profession (courtesan) +9, Sense Motive +16, Sleight of Hand +17, Spellcraft +19, Stealth +7, Use Magic Device +12
Languages Common
SQ arcane bond (object), contact poison wielder, covert spells, enchanting smile, enchanting touch, hidden spell, master poisoner, poison use, seducer's leverage, seductive intuition
Other Gear wizard starting spellbook, 70,000 gp
--------------------
Special Abilities
--------------------
Abjuration You must spend 2 slots to cast spells from the Abjuration school.
Arcane Bond Use object to cast any spell in your spellbook. Without it, Concentration required to cast spells (DC20 + spell level).
Conceal Spell (DC 28, Somatic DC 27) Conceal evidence of spellcasting
Contact Poison Wielder (Ex) Wield a dose of contact poison as a melee weapon, concealing it with Sleight of Hand.
Covert Spells (Su) Cast divination and enchantment spells covetly, but must make Bluff/Sleight of Hand checks.
Dazing Touch (9/day) (Sp) As a standard action, touch dazes foe for 1 rd, if HD <= wizard level.
Enchanting Smile (Su) Gain bonuses to Bluff, Diplomacy and Intimidate. Turn enchantment spells.
Enchanting Touch (Su) If a creature lets you touch it, you can deliver a divination or enchantment spell.
Enchantment The enchanter uses magic to control and manipulate the minds of his victims.
Greater Spell Focus (Enchantment) +1 to the Save DC of spells from one school.
Heighten Spell Increases spell level to effective level desired.
Hidden Spell +1 (Su) Bonus to spell DC vs. foes unaware of you or considering you an ally.
Master Poisoner +2 (Ex) Use Craft (alchemy) for 1 hr to change poison type (failure ruins). +2 Craft (Alchemy) for poisons.
Necromancy You must spend 2 slots to cast spells from the Necromancy school.
Poison Use You do not risk poisoning yourself accidentally while poisoning a weapon.
Seducer's Leverage (1 edge, 1/day) (Ex) Consult nework of informants to determine individual's influence with organization or individual.
Seductive Intuition (Su) Use Sense Motive in place of Diplomacy or Sleight of Hand vs. targets attracted to you.
Spell Focus (Enchantment) Spells from one school of magic have +1 to their save DC.
--------------------
Bluff 4 ranks required.
Knowledge (arcana) 2 ranks required.
Sense Motive 5 ranks required.
Perform (act) or Perform (dance) 2 ranks required

Hero Lab and the Hero Lab logo are Registered Trademarks of LWD Technology, Inc. Free download at http://www.wolflair.com
Pathfinder® and associated marks and logos are trademarks of Paizo Inc.®, and are used under license.

Buying spells is going to get expensive

Mantis Shrimp Prime

Quote from: Snake on May 13, 2017, 08:40:23 PM
Then that's what I'll do. The character IS originally Cha-Based, she's a Succubus-blooded tiefling (which is why I'm having her start off in history as a literal sex slave. Sold to pay a debt because "isn't that what you demons do?" sort of deal)

Would I still have to use the mystic focus ability to use the bloodline abilities? Like it mentions in the Eldritch Scion archetype or could I use them the way the blood-rage works (instead of 2 "rounds" it would last 4+cha mod?)

Nah, it would work as normal. [since you're spending the point to get rounds... bloodrage does last 4+cha rounds baseline, it lasts however, but bloodrager only gets that and two rounds per level to rage. (which is one of the changes in Pathfinder I still don't really get, but okay).]

But I mean, if you wanted an alternative for a Cha-based magus, we could come up with one, it'd only need a little tweaking.

Snake

spending an AP? You get 2 rounds per point used, which seems kind of limiting but I guess that's the point. XD

I'd just like a magus that is just cha-based instead of Int-based. I don't need the bloodline abilities to a degree.

Kathyan

By the way do we have a necromancer in the party, or would my half orc be the only filling that spot?

Re Z L

Hmmm....

Oni-Spawn Tiefling Alchemist (Vivisectionist/Beastmorph) coming up soontm!
A&A

Sally Aces

I'm still settling on a Race, but I was thinking of bringing in a Necromancer... I'm thinking for those jobs when terror/an army are needed, or interrogating a target after death...

Kathyan

Well, I'm dabbling into necromancy terrain, so can animate dead and a few other things (animated a person  as an immediate action right after killing it is just exquisite^^), but don't expect as much as with a necromancer if we don't have one, she would just be cutting people in half to kill them. But hey Sally maybe we can coordinate something together.

Vulra Vor

Race: Half-orc
Eyes: Yellow
Skin: Grey
Hair: Bloody Red
Languages: to be updated
Class: Mesmerist  (Spirit Walker)

STR 22, DEX 16, CON 16, INT 12, WIS 12 CHA 20

Background: Vulra came from foreign lands, daughter of a female human who was raped by a red eyed orcish brute she was never really accepted in her home town. Despite looking human the grayish tone of her skin and the deep yellow of her eyes made her inheritance hard to ignore by those who resented those who had attacked the village so many times so she spent most of her time training on solitude on the mountains. She never thought the first undead she would ever face would be her own mother, the only person that cared for her, when the orcs attacked again this time with their shamans chief who wanted to create a small undead army to attack a bigger city.

She went after the orc-chief and was able to finish him off and the orcs were repelled but her zombie mother was destroyed by the villagers together with the other undead and in a sudden rage she killed the few survivors before she left everything behind, she had nothing now to look behind at except the burning remains of her home and the bloody corpses of orcs and humans, since then she usually preferred to be alone or in the company of undead which she usually treated as if they were living.

Never being completely alone as she learned ways to just reanimate more friends or helpers if needed Vulra never stopped moving and kept herself traveling, she didn't want to attract to many attention plus she never found a good reason to stay in just one place, but then something made her change her destination, she mostly travel though small settlements but as her psychic abilities increased she had learned some ways of foreseeing and that included her own future, something told her she had to travel to this big city state in the west and so she did posing as a traveler performer with a company of artists. Once there she received an invitation of The Choir of Swords. It seemed her skills had attracted their attention of the assassin's guild and following this good omen she accepted to work for them as an hired killer, spy, informant and in whatever minor tasks her undead puppets could help.

Mantis Shrimp Prime

I don't want to discourage anybody, but I mean, I can't but I can't help think trying to sneak around with a cadre of undead isn't going to be overly beneficial for anything.

And if the mission calls for an army, the guild will like, give you interns.

Not that you can't tend your personal minion garden as a hobby in  your spare time, I'm just sayin'.

Chulanowa

Oi! You trying to smooze in on my intern schtick?  :P

Mantis Shrimp Prime

Quote from: Snake on May 13, 2017, 09:49:00 PM
spending an AP? You get 2 rounds per point used, which seems kind of limiting but I guess that's the point. XD

I'd just like a magus that is just cha-based instead of Int-based. I don't need the bloodline abilities to a degree.

Would you be looking to do the spontaneous casting (like a bard)? (I mean, thematically, it would fit better, but eh, one casting stat makes as much sense as another)

Kathyan

Not an army of undead but undead horse could come in handy as well as just reanimating a big creature we and I do have appearance of life as well. But what can I say it just feels nice making your own minions as well having a bunch of undead behind you doing what you tell them. Oh and if we need an army they will give us interns and if the interns die we reanimate them so 2 armies for the price of one. ;D

Mantis Shrimp Prime

lol, it was just the way Sally Aces phrased it.
In a more usual murderhobo-mercenaries operating out of a basement game I could see "needing an army", this one is supposed to be a little bit more low key.

Again, just something I found amusing. ^^

Snake

Quote from: Mantis Shrimp Prime on May 13, 2017, 11:09:53 PM
Would you be looking to do the spontaneous casting (like a bard)? (I mean, thematically, it would fit better, but eh, one casting stat makes as much sense as another)

Yes, I would. I prefer spontaneous casters over prepared casters, better versatility and flexibility.

Kathyan

Quote from: Mantis Shrimp Prime on May 13, 2017, 11:23:19 PM
lol, it was just the way Sally Aces phrased it.
In a more usual murderhobo-mercenaries operating out of a basement game I could see "needing an army", this one is supposed to be a little bit more low key.

Again, just something I found amusing. ^^
Can's say I don't find the idea of raising the army of interns as they die as an army of undead would be very fun indeed ;D

Could even work as an incentive >:)

Mantis Shrimp Prime

Quote from: Snake on May 13, 2017, 11:24:24 PM
Yes, I would. I prefer spontaneous casters over prepared casters, better versatility and flexibility.

All right, then that should work just fine.

MingMing

*Edited*

Ended up being able to do most of my my envisioned character, thanks to the GM!

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Xinshi "The Herald"

Once upon a time, came to these shores a stranger from a strange land.  His garb and speech were unknown to those of this realm, but his manners and bearing were courteous and refined.  He told tales of far-off shores, garish creatures, exotic kings and emperors, and feats of magical prowess that verged beyond any known myth or legend.  He was much admired by virtue of his tales alone, but not long after his arrival, he demonstrated powers and martial prowess that inspired fear into those who would do him harm.  Brutes and bandits thought him an easy target, soft and civilized in his fine clothes while bearing no arms to defend himself.  With his bare hands alone, he broke bones, rent flesh, and smote his foes down upon the city stones in the streets where he was accosted.  Channeling unknown sorceries, he bound the surviving attackers to his will, destroying their spirits through fear and his boundless will. 

Given a wide-berth by those of ill-intent thereafter, the stranger continued to tell his tales and travel from patron to patron, now respected as much for his deadly abilities as his knowledge of lore.  In due time, he was courted by those needing favors of protection as well as subtler influence.  His way with words made him a natural peacekeeper with those willing to see reason, while his lethal prowess made a visitation from him an event to be feared if one was inclined to be contradictory.  The only name he gave for himself was Xinshi, which he said meant "Messenger", but the men of power that courted his services dubbed him "The Herald".  His services were available to any who gave him hospitality, treated with him honorably, and conducted their business with courtesy.  He traveled swiftly, without much baggage, and ranged far and wide across these realms.  Parcels entrusted to his care, always were delivered.  Dispatches sent were recited accurately and without personal comment.  Indeed, for the common folk who saw his approach, his arrivals were always much celebrated.  For those of wealth and influence however, there was always the realization of mortal doubt when he called upon their doors, as his visits were often of serious consequence. 

It has been several years since his arrival upon these shores, and rumors abound that those of the darkest hearts and shadowed blades now court the messenger for their own.  None know where his allegiance has been given, and in the highest houses and temples, pulses quicken with concern and doubt, dimming their lanterns behind closed curtains. 

Xìnshǐ "The Herald"
Tian-Shu Bard (Lotus Geisha) Neutral
HP 100 / 100 Speed ft Init 4
AC 22 Fort 10 Ref 12 Will 11
CMB +22/+17 BAB +7/+2
Unarmed Strike (Std + Snapkick) +20/+20 (1d8+20, 20 (x2))
Conjured Dagger (Std + Snapkick) +22/+20 (1d4+17 / 1d8+20, 19/20 (x2))
Unarmed Strike (Full Attack) +20/+20/+15 (1d8+20, 20 (x2))
Conjured Dagger +3 (Full Attack) +25/+20/+20 (1d4+20/1d8+20/1d4+20, 19/20 (x2))
Conjured Dagger +3 (Std + Snapkick) +25/+20 (1d4+20 / 1d8+20, 19/20 (x2))
Conjured Dagger (Full Attack) +22/+20/+17 (1d4+17/1d8+20/1d4+17, 19/20 (x2))
Str 14 (2) Dex 16 (4) Con 14 (2) Wis 14 (2) Int 14 (2) Cha 20 (6)
“I have not seen one who loves virtue as he loves sex”- Confucius

(If I don't know you, haven't communicated with you in PM's or through the Elliquiy Forums, don't just IM me out of the blue.  I will just close the window & ignore you.  Take the trouble to actually send me a greeting & talk with me in Elliquiy first!)

MingMing

Quote from: Sally Aces on May 13, 2017, 10:27:41 PM
I'm still settling on a Race, but I was thinking of bringing in a Necromancer... I'm thinking for those jobs when terror/an army are needed, or interrogating a target after death...
Personally, I would love to see a solid-built necromancer.  It's not just about being green (recycling bodies!) but also building on a legacy of terror and negative energy!  Chained Enervation is yummy!  And who can forget the Tarkin Doctrine?

"Fear, fear will keep the local systems in line..."

I have fond memories of buddying up with a Necromancer back when I played a Requiem Bard...  Good times. 
“I have not seen one who loves virtue as he loves sex”- Confucius

(If I don't know you, haven't communicated with you in PM's or through the Elliquiy Forums, don't just IM me out of the blue.  I will just close the window & ignore you.  Take the trouble to actually send me a greeting & talk with me in Elliquiy first!)

Zaer Darkwail

Yeah, necromancy is more than make corpses perform macabre for one's enjoyment. Necromancy is magical art of manipulating life and death, meaning more than dozens of means to snuff life out (entire school has dozens of save or die/suck spells). Also if guild is charged for killing undead target, necromancer has dozens means counter also undead (command undead, hold undead etc).

Mantis Shrimp Prime

And it's supposed to cover healing as well.

Kathyan

Yeah necromancy is usually associated with undead but it cover much more, that was why I said I my character only dabbled into necromancy as she is just mostly about undead, she is not a full caster though so that is more than fine.

Also as healing was mentioned it looks like I forgot to consider healing sources for my character, by the way do we have a cleric? :P

Anyway I will check an item for that and then post her. ^^

Mantis Shrimp Prime

Callie Del Noire

Re Z L

Well since someone said Alchemist, I guess I may as well get my placeholder character submission set up  ;D

Triss Kijo

Alchemist 10 (Vivisectionist/Beast Morph)

Character Sheet
A&A