Miyr's Final Fantasy RP OOC

Started by Miyr, June 05, 2010, 06:00:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miyr

There was a post of his wherein he had his player use a flute to scare away the slime monsters in the waterway. Multiple people brought it to my attention that it seemed like it was "power gaming" and were uncomfortable with the situation. So I PM'd him about it and I am assuming that he decided to leave because of that. In his thread history, you can see that he states "the leader of the rp went at him" etc and in my PMs to him I was saying there was a problem with other players and warned him to not do something like that again in the early stages of the game. I am MORE than willing to POST the PMs here or to anyone who wants to read them.

I myself was as well because I wanted to have Alexia learn to use Thunder and zap a flan, but also electrocute herself in the process and possibly hit #183 (With Henderson's approval of course). It was going to be a way for me to establish my character's ability with magic and have her freak out, but also show how she has no control over it. That is why I posted in the OOC a question of "where are going to go from here" or something like that, because I wanted to be sure I wouldn't step on anyone's toes without ruining the laughs my post would have caused.
Been gone for almost two years. I apologize for my absence.

-Miyr

Nevermore of blood ravens

Sounds like a bunch of crap to me. If we do start over, might I suggest a posting order to eliminate some of the chaos?

Kineas

Honestly, why he would delete the posts is beyond me as well. I can't conceive of a good reason.

I must admit I'll be a touch upset if we have to start over from the beginning, reintroducing ourselves and suchlike, although I imagine I'll be hanging around even if that is the way of things.

However, I'm really not comfortable with the idea of a posting order. It wasn't that he posted out of line or at a time that didn't make sense; really just that the content of his post completely defused a situation we didn't want defused just yet. It was the magnitude, not the timing, in my opinion, that damaged the story's flow. Not only do I feel a posting order wouldn't address the problem, it would also damage my ability to make conversation. >.>

Obviously, just my views on the matter. Let's hear from everyone and see what the group desires.

Oh, that's not what I meant by post order, I meant it as separate from the situation with him. I just think its hard to come into a story when two people just post right after each other over and over, that is in part why I have found some difficulty bringing my character into the story.

Miyr

A posting order could possibly be a good idea. However, as Kineas pointed out, it can get in the way of things. But I also understand the whole coming back online and "Holy shit there's 20 posts!? *Die*" type of feeling. Also, due to my Real Time stuff with my Grandmother, I might vanish for a bit which isn't good for y'all if we have a posting order. I think we should hear from everyone on the matter and discuss it more thoroughly.

There is a chance that I will vanish for a few days due to things with my Grandmother. . . when she goes and such. . .  and I want people to be able to continue on without me because I wouldn't want to hold them back. That's why I've been holding off on posting and observing more, because I don't know what's going to happen with my real time life.

Kineas has my phone number so he can always message me to make sure something is okay in the instance I do vanish - so we can always figure something out.

Also, if we do re-locate. . .We won't do it from the bottom. I will probably skip forward a bit.

-Miyr

Kineas

Mmmm. I guess I can see what you mean there. You could just write a long post to retroactively react to things, catch up IC and so on, but I can also see how that might not always be desirable/logical.

Still. Posting order. :|

Well, I'll see what I can do to come to terms with the idea. >.>  I guess in a smaller group that might not be so bad. Still gotta hear back from others too though~ (which might just be henderson and our summon-lady who's name i can't be bothered to scroll back a page or two for.)

Also yeah, I'm more than happy to keep Miyr up to date on any new developments as they occur. :3

The thing is, if you have to go away for a while, you just post that here, and people will know to continue on, but yeah, the whole 20 post thing can drive me away from a game, but thats just me. Its really helpful in a game with a large number of characters.

Miyr

Kineas earned <3 for that ;p

Well honestly. . . Who's been active in the posting?

Kineas, Henderson, Me, Nevermore, and Geradine right? That's five people, so a posting order could actually be worked out. Especially if we do skip ahead and have it so ALL the characters are together in the area.

I know that I could probably write up a lil blurb about what happened during the gap.

Also, I guess I should psot this here to get it out there. Do we want to move into the adult forum area so we can go more in depth with our fights and destruction and all that? Because lots of people dying and killing things and stealing things . . . . dunno how well that goes with Non-Adult.

-Miyr

Kineas

Quote from: MiyrDo we want to move into the adult forum area so we can go more in depth with our fights and destruction and all that?

No preference. animated violence is PG-13. Final fantasy 9 is rated T, so yeah. Stealing, kidnapping, violence, the existance of the universe, you know. :3

A move couldn't hurt us, we don't have to get that violent just because we move there, and it protects us from going to far here.

Miyr

Well I just wanted to ask because in the past I have gotten really morbid with killing things and such. I don't think Alexia would do that, but I may . .  . . you know. . . Add some stuff. . . Down the road. . . When they learn what happened to the Airship and what caused it to be in such horrid condition it blew up and crashed into the city.

-Miyr

Kineas

Like I said, no preference. :3  Make it wherever you like.

Miyr

Also depends on how serious we want to go into the whole "OMG we need to save the world because this is horrible" type of thing.

*ponders doing writing example to show ppl what she's referencing too* ~.~

-Miyr

Henderson

Allright guys, i've just got a thing to say in regards to whats potentially happened:

Lets not turn this into a personal attack on anyone, please?  Especially since Baleron's not replied to whats been said to him.

That aside.

I don't mind hugely to a restarting of the thread and a skipping forward to being at the Merchant Boss's office for a shouting at/etc. A posting order -might- be akward though, since if two people are trying to do something together and others arn't, thats really going to slow things down unless we come up with a solution.
A level 5 Solo Lurker!

Miyr

I know Henderson, that was what I was thinking about as well when it came to the posting order, so I'm not sure yet. . . I mean we could give it a try possibly? And test it? And if it doesn't work we can scratch it.

Part of me thinks that a skip ahead might do some good though, that way we can bring in more of the characters.

Nevermore: I asked this before but your character had the studio right? Well what if you're hired on to design the artwork for the airship or something?

-Miyr

Hmm, that could be plausible, although I do like the suggested idea of being a guard hired by the company to protect you in your mad quest for answers.

Miyr

LOL Then why not be both? My character can see yours sketching maybe and request some art being done while she's being protected. Sound kosher?

-Miyr

Miyr

So Geradine posted in the RP I see. . . So I doubt he is actually paying attention to this OOC thread. . . . So yeah. . . . Anyone else want to give their opinions?

-Miyr

Kineas

I saw that too. Perhaps you should just PM him with a link to say, where henderson notes that all of our thiefy-friend's posts disappeared?

Miyr

Perhaps. I am also going to post an OOC Note in there that it's halted until further notice due to Baleron's actions.

I have some bad news though. . .

Our RP is Going to be Restarted

I went onto Baleron's profile page, saw that he was online, and he has DELETED the posts I saw where he was commenting about me. This also means he's had time to read the messages sent to him and I also sent him another PM basically saying goodbye. We can't do anything with the thread we have now because it's irreconcilably damaged. For that, I apologize.

As your GM/ST/DM, it is my job to run this RP and make it so it's exciting, interesting, and FUN. I want to make it CLEAR that if in the future, FOR WHATEVER REASON, there is an issue with something that occurs or you think "power gaming" is going on, things of that nature, you COME TO ME and tell me about it. We are ADULTS in this forum, we should be able to discuss things and get past them. But if you aren't that type of person, please let me know because I DO NOT under any circumstance (other than a person being banned by the mentors) want another incident like this.

These are the PMs I sent to Baleron so that everyone knows what was said between us:

Quote from: Miyr on June 22, 2010, 07:18:01 PM
Okay something was brought to my attention. . .

We are in the beginning of the story, so tools that are used need to be of that level as well. We don't want anything that is too power gaming at this stage, and it's been brought to my attention that your post was a bit on that level.

If something is going to be used, it needs a flaw or big weakness. You listed your weapons and the flute was not mentioned, and it seems to be a powerful ability.

I know that i personally was looking forward to having Alexia experience some character growth during this fight scene, which has now been terminated by your action. The others weren't really allowed a chance to do something about it, like get in on the fight. Kineas posted he was fighting but didn't say he was killing them all. He left an opening for others to act. And #183 was having his "self actualization" moment.

So please, next time this occurs don't whip something out that thwarts the scene. What's done is done, we can't go back and fix it so we are going to run with it, but next time please keep that in consideration.

Thanks,

Miyr

Quote from: Baleron on June 22, 2010, 08:50:15 PM
Well, who said the fight was finished? As part of any great Final Fantasy, many of the enemies that would otherwise be weaker or not a big deal are affected by something going on in the main storyline, making them tougher adversaries. I was hoping to have the slimes congregate once they realized they were in danger, and center their being around a piece of your metal artifact thing that had fallen down into the walkway. It was meant to be a surprise for fun, but since you were worried about the flute, I should tell you what I was planning, at least.

Quote from: Miyr on June 23, 2010, 04:00:40 AM
No one did. That is why Kineas referenced to there possibly being something else down in the waterway, so the scene could continue.

As for the metal fragment, that is my idea and the story revolves around it. Therefor I am the one who should be stating what it can and can not do. The metal is still a mystery to the cast for a reason. All the players know is that it needs to be embedded in each member and it can grant up to three beginner spells.

I am the ST/DM/GM, thus I don't have to divulge it's importance or true origin and power until the right time. It is my job after all to keep you and everyone else on their toes.

If you want to have the slimes congregate, then hint at it in your post or bring it up in the OOC and see if the others agree and like the idea. The whole point of the OOC thread is to talk about things to make sure it's an okay idea before it is done. I have no issues with the flute being used if it was your intention to scare them off into congregating, but next time I would appreciate a heads up so that way we are not going in blind. Because I am running the game, I can state how many there are and how hard they are to kill.

Besides, if you do something like this again, causing a group of things to move, the other characters may react and take the story in a  direction you weren't anticipating. Thus the importance of discussion in the OOC thread. Later on it will be easier to put in surprises that are related to your character, once the story is established more. Right now it's the early stages and things need to be taken step-by-step in the direction I see fit.

Quote from: Miyr on June 24, 2010, 01:28:58 PM
So it was brought to my attention that your posts disappeared from the FF RP. Then I went and tracked down your history and found these posts on the doormat:

I PM'd you with what I did BECAUSE other people came to me about your post. You called it "artistic freedom" and I told you that it came off as "power gaming" thus why I spoke up.

Did I say to get out of my RP? OF COURSE NOT! If you were seriously having issues of this magnitude, that would lead to you deleting posts that are an Integral part of the story, you should have said something to me in the OOC thread or in a PM.

I will say this right now, I am very disappointed in your actions. I really wished you would have left the posts up and talked about what you were feeling in the OOC thread or PM'd me. We are adults, there could have been a compromise made and this isn't some PG13 forum. If you have a problem you speak up about it. As the person running this game, it is my job to keep the story running and everybody happy. More than one person had an issue with your flute post, thus why I brought it up. If I had known that me trying to discuss this with you would have made you turn tail and run. . . . . . . Honestly. . . . .  I don't know what I would have done. . . . Frankly, your actions have made me completely speechless because I can't believe you actually did something like this.

If I had known you were feeling this way, I would have worked something out, but now that you've taken the steps to permanently erase what you contributed to the game, I don't know what to do because now the thread is incomplete. Your actions have spoken very boldly. Instead of speaking up about the problem, you simply deleted everything. I would have asked you to stay in the game if you had come to me, but now. . . I'm not sure.

I'm really disappointed in you and all of this has blown my mind away. . . . . . You should have at least had the decency to post something in the OOC so you wouldn't leave everyone hanging like you did and permanently damaging the RP.

I was willing to work this out with you, but you better go to the OOC ASAP and make a case for yourself if you want to stay in the RP otherwise we will have to figure out how to move on without you. . . Again, I will stress that we nor I ever kicked you out and you were a primary member of this team.

Quote from: Miyr on June 25, 2010, 05:15:08 PM
I noticed that you went back and deleted your posts where you speak of me in the doormat and have been online today. So I know that you must have seen, received, and read the last PM I sent you.

Here is the link to the OOC page where we start talking about you, so you know that this was brought to my attention and that we were completely stand stilled by your actions and didn't know what to do without you. I will be telling them today that you aren't going to be coming back, because if you were . . . . your actions would have been different: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=71100.100

I'm sorry that this whole situation couldn't have been handled better. Again, if you had simply come to me instead of tucking tail and running we could have resolved this issue.

Good luck with your role playing experience here on Elliquiy. The others in the FF RP and I are most likely going to restart the thread to compensate for the damage that done to the IC thread.

~Miyr

-Miyr

Miyr

I am also going to give fair warning that I got a call about my Grandma. It seems that she's showing signs that she may pass very soon, like today, so I will be gone from the RP. Kineas has a way to contact me for any emergency, but I am giving fair warning right now that I may vanish for awhile.

-Miyr

Kineas

By the way, if Miyr is ever not available, due to circumstances such as the ones she faces now or anything else for that matter, please feel free to pm me. I am more than happy to assist anyone in getting a message across to our glorious game master. :)

I understand your circumstances Miyr, as I fear the same may happen soon to my own mother, I you have my utmost sympathies, as for the game, I have nothing but time, dont stress yourself over things here.