Previous topic - Next topic

Theta Sigma

I think our places need to take the hint and catch on. >_>

O&Os

A&As/Tracker
They/Them pronouns

Theta Sigma

7th June 2015

So, I managed to get hold of Doctor Who Festival tickets! I'm going on the 14th of November, two days after I turn 25. I am fucking over the moon about this, no matter how much I've spent on this. If everything goes to plan, I'll be going down with my boyfriend and staying on the Docklands, and heading to Harry Potter World again, and hopefully the Science Museum with a bit of the Natural History Museum.
If things do not go to plan, I'll be going with my mother.

But hopefully it'll be the better plan. >_>

I've set up a new bank account just for my London funds. With any luck, I'll still be in a job by then, too. Colossal fingers crossed, there.

Worked yesterday, it was a relatively slow day. I went to see some of the freshly shaved sheep to take a picture for Facebook. Had a takeaway for tea since my mother is on a hen do in Edinburgh and dad left us some money. Today has been a day of Runescape fishing, and that's about all, really. I got 80m exp the other day, which is awesome.

Tomorrow is my boyfriend's big exam, so a lot of the day will be spent in Newcastle waiting for him to complete that.

O&Os

A&As/Tracker
They/Them pronouns

Theta Sigma

8th June 2015

Big exam day! Woke up far too early, we both did, and we left at about half 12. Put some petrol in the car and shot up to Newcastle, getting parked surprisingly easily. Headed straight to Spoons to go over some final notes, and we went up to the exam place together, and he went in. I went back to Forbidden Planet, debating whether it was worth struggling to try and reach a Dalek on a top shelf to buy. In the end I decided it wasn't, and went to Waterstones. Which was poo. Then I went up to WHSmiths, which was similarly poo. So I went back to Spoons to sit with a drink and to hammer out some posts. Two and a bit hours went surprisingly quickly, considering I only had my phone for company.

It went well. Could tell by the look on his face when he came up the stairs. It had indeed, he had known all of it. Which is awesome. Knew he would. We went to Forbidden Planet and I decided against the Dalek, buying a Venom Funko Pop instead. Bought the boyfriend a Tywin Funko Pop as an early present. We went for food, had a chicken and cheese burger at a burger place, which was nice.

Came home, not much traffic, and now tired. Work tomorrow. Blergh. Too tired for work.

O&Os

A&As/Tracker
They/Them pronouns

Theta Sigma

9th & 10th June 2015

Yesterday was a quiet day since the apprentices were at Beamish, which was super. I did bits and pieces all over the place, chasing up some stuff. Finished off the summer leaflet and got approval, I need to do a few touch ups so it can be printed and that's that, ready to distribute. Bought the boyfriend a new pair of shoes which will arrive tomorrow. York tickets arrived for my trip next month with college, which was also pretty awesome. They have addressed my title as Mr, which I'm entirely fine about. >_>
When I came home tomorrow I had my exclusive Eleven with Fez Funko Pop waiting for me. Woo! Imported exclusives.

Today I was so hideously tired, but also on the desk due to somebody taking the day off due to family issues. Popped out to get my injection. It was a really, really nice day today, if not ridiculously hot. I hate the heat. It is awful. But had to get on with things, and it's pretty cool on reception, which is a blessing on hot days.
Not so much in winter, but that's another thing entirely.
#ILoveMuseums started trending on Twitter today, so I dove on that, which was awesome. Knocked up a quick summer social media plan, which I need to print out and stick on my wall, and that'll be awesome.

Something I forgot to mention is that I have also booked my hotel for London, which I'm so excited about. Eeee. Staying in a wonderful Premier Inn, just like last time, a very short walk from the Excel.
Excited!

I am so tired it is RIDICULOUS today.

O&Os

A&As/Tracker
They/Them pronouns

Theta Sigma

11th & 12th of June 2015

I lost yesterday because I felt horrible. Legit horrible all fucking day. Between feeling blergh and napping, that's pretty much all I did. Didn't feel right. Missed planned Nandos, but that was due to contributing factors also, and my mini module.
Much disappoint.
Boyfriend's shoes did arrive, though, and they are awesome.

Today I felt better, still tentative but better, and I had things to do anyway. Popped into work at half 1 to finish off my leaflet and got it sent... Not had anything back regarding changes, but, yep. Fingers crossed. Spoke to somebody responsible for the Creative & Cultural Apprenticeships which is what I've been doing for the past two years. So that was fun.
Have managed a takeaway tonight, or at least half of one. Hmm.

I found out something else in regards to a situation at work. Interesting. It's a police matter, so I am not going to touch upon it here, but it's something going on in my life so here it shall be mentioned.

As a sidenote my arm/shoulder is killing me. This might detract from tonight's posting. Sad face.

O&Os

A&As/Tracker
They/Them pronouns

Theta Sigma

13th & 14th of June 2015

I went to work yesterday despite further feeling awful. I had barely any lunch, and how I got through the day I do not know. We were surprisingly busy, which was nice, until the sun came out and then we ended up quiet. I managed to leave early and then... I lost the rest of the day because I felt awwwfuuuuuuuuulllll. I did eat some tea, which in retrospect, probably wasn't a good idea. Ate some pasta. It did not stay down long.

I got some sleep, mostly uninterrupted, and then today has been a bit of a loss, too. Managed to get some Coco Pops down myself. Pretty much just taking today easy.

O&Os

A&As/Tracker
They/Them pronouns

Theta Sigma

15th & 16th of June 2015

Work yesterday! Slow slog of getting things done. Our farm cat went missing, he'd been lost since Friday. He miraculously turned up in the museum on Monday afternoon screaming for food after interrupting a school visit. None of us could figure out how or when he got in, and why he didn't trip the alarms. Concern all round, confusion all round.
He bit me as a welcome back present.
Tosser.
Lovely tosser.

Copious excitement over Fallout 4, which I preordered the collectors edition of this evening. It's due out two days before my birthday, so... Pre-birthday treat.
I go to London three a day after my birthday also. >_>

Yep, the rest of Monday was spent streaming E3. Boyfriend is sick of the spiel they do at the conference so I watched, informing him of big breaks. Microsoft was... Well, if the hololens works as good as it did on stage in person, they're onto something. But I just remember the Kinect, so...
ME:A looks super even if it was entirely CGI cutscene trailer but I DON'T CARE. Really like the look of Unravelled, and Battlefront looks amazing.
UbiTOMCLANCYGAMESYEAHsoft was alright too, really looking forward to AC:S and... Um, yeah... Once upon a time I wanted the Division.

I fell asleep before Sony's conference, but I was woken at half 3 or 4 ish by my boyfriend who informed me they're remaking FFVII.
Commence quiet scream.
I grew up with FFVII, seeing it shortly after it was out and getting hold of it after playing FFVIII, which was my first FF experience. I got back into it when Advent Children was teased and I had a huge crush on one of the characters. It was ridiculous. Wrote a lot of RP with school friends and followed AC religiously whilst playing the game on the side. I've never been obsessed about a remake but HEY HERE IT IS I'M HAVING IT.
I might be more than a bit excited.
Love this game.

So I watched the reveal this morning and find out I don't need to go in for the staff meeting, so I don't get dressed because I'm lazy. The rest of the day has generally been fishing on RS, looking after the ill boyfriend and watching the last two conferences. Nothing except Yoshi's Woolly World really gets me for Nintendo, but for Square...
Damn.
I lost my shit again at Kingdom Hearts 3.
Give me this game now. D:

O&Os

A&As/Tracker
They/Them pronouns

Theta Sigma

17th, 18th and 19th June 2015
Eek! I'm falling behind here. Bad stuff.

Worked on Wednesday. Ended up on the desk again with somebody phoning sick. She originally gave a time she'd not feel sick anymore, but surprise surprise that passed with a phonecall saying she was no better.
This is the second Wednesday this has happened now when the day prior to she was fine. It has a knock on effect with my work because I end up having to man the desk and still do everything I had planned to do on the day marketing wise.
It's a nightmare
Anyway, I got through that.
The biggest part of Wednesday was being told that my boss wants to take me to a conference in November to represent Apprentices and Apprenticeships on a national scale. It's one of the largest conferences held by the Museums Association and it is terrifying. Exciting, but terrifying! He told me Glasgow, but it is Birmingham. ;o

Thursday was a good day... Didn't do much. Subway for lunch, tried the pulled pork... I went to our final Anglo-Saxon Mini Module session. We focused on food, and had a mini-feast at the end. I refused to try the fish sauce, but I had the yoghurt and raspberry, the pea and honey soup, and some mead. Because mead. Also so much bread. Tasty.
So that was the end of that, unfortunately. Shot off to Tesco to get some tea which I didn't eat much of, and then came home.
Also booked tickets for Harry Potter Studios again in London in November yesterday. Going on the Sunday, really excited to see the Hogwarts Express this time.

Today has been a lazy day. Just working towards 90m fishing exp on Runescape. My goal is almost in my sights!

O&Os

A&As/Tracker
They/Them pronouns

Theta Sigma

20th June 2015

I am very tired today.
I stayed up a little later than normal to watch the end of FBI Files, which was one I hadn't seen before and was proving to be highly interesting. It was pretty hard to get up this morning, but I got there in the end. We had two sets of re-enactors in today, which was pretty cool. I only got to go down to see them once as the apprentice I was with had to leave around lunch time to do one of the last shifts at her other job, which left me alone on the desk for the entire afternoon.
It was quite a busy but fun day, and I managed to get a fair bit done in regards to social media stuff. I hijacked back control of the Instagram account, so we now have one of those ready for summer, I planned a bunch of hashtags so those are also ready to roll. Lastly, I got the edits to my leaflets complete and sent those to be printed.

Went to Asda tonight, picking up a few things and ended up shooting off to Spoons. Tried another place first but idiot me forgot it was Saturday and Saturday is not the best day for food places without bookings.
Doy.
Spoons wasn't great either... They fucked up the order, and I still didn't end up with a rare steak. Still, I ate most of it and the chips were nice, so... That's that. 
Making a bunch of Fishing urns for my RS exp tonight. I have 87.4m exp at the moment.

O&Os

A&As/Tracker
They/Them pronouns

Theta Sigma

21st & 22nd June 2015

Tiiiiired again.

I didn't do much yesterday. Literally nothing. I don't even think I got dressed. I just fished, and realised I still have Tuska to finish on RS to get the warpriest set.
Sigh.
Effort.

Anyway, today it was work. I stuck with mostly social media stuff, should've gotten more newsletter written than I did but hey ho. Managed to get some other stuff done. Had to leave early, had a nurse appointment... Came home, then went food shopping. I'm popping in to work again tomorrow, but just for meetings. Which is great as I want my lie in tomorrow!

O&Os

A&As/Tracker
They/Them pronouns

Theta Sigma

23rd & 24th June 2015

Woo! Yesterday was meeting meeting meetingz. I led up final part of the education staff meeting yesterday afternoon which meant explaining my social media plans over summer, and heading up the leaflet distribution. I have a nice list now of who is doing where and who can be blamed if they are not there. >_>

Then we had the full staff meeting which was basically 'We need to make money over summer!' and we do. So, yeah. Good fun. Plans and ideas all round.

Today I got the leaflet distribution list planned out which will be good for all upcoming event leaflet distributions also. Names will be the only things that change over time. I got our newsletter finished and sent, did some websitey things, did some plan things and started promoting our new Instagram account, which is going to be used heavily over summer alongside Twitter.
Eek.
I forsee a lot of overtime over summer.
I got to see our new stocks too, which are coming along nicely for being planned only yesterday.

Tonight I am going to watch the new Don't Tell the Bride on BBC1, sleep lots and then relax tomorrow.

O&Os

A&As/Tracker
They/Them pronouns

Theta Sigma

25th & 26th June 2015

I did a lot sleep indeed on Wednesday, which was really nice. Haven't had a nice long lie in like that for ages. Yesterday was a pretty non-day. My new PJ bottoms turned up, which was nice. Pasta bake for tea and we just watched a lot of TV. I did manage to get 90m fishing exp also, which is fantasticccc! I'm over the moon with that.

Today I had to get dressed unfortunately to get my hair dyed. That's eaten most of my day... Dropped off some leaflets for work, and everybody is going out tonight so extra big takeaway tonight. Looking forward to that. I'm back at work tomorrow and I'm deciding whether I want to drop leaflets off on Monday or skip and do another day.

O&Os

A&As/Tracker
They/Them pronouns

Theta Sigma

27th & 28th June 2015

It's far too hot. It was hot yesterday at work and it was gross, and it has been hot today and it is gross. Had a list of things left to do tomorrow by the boss so I got on that... To be continued this week. I've decided to drop leaflets off tomorrow so I'm doing that in the morning before I swing into work. Will grab some lunch down there before I head back.

Today has been slow... Good, though. Had lamb for lunch and have been watching TV for the rest of the evening. Finally could have a shower after being unable to do due to having to let my hair dye sink in, so I'm nice and clean and CHILL, which is wonderful in this bloody heat.

O&Os

A&As/Tracker
They/Them pronouns

Theta Sigma

29th & 30th June 2015

Yesterday was hot. I went down town to drop off some leaflets first thing, grabbed my lunch and swung in to work... Missed some drama, which is unfortunate, but hey ho. Had some bad news regarding funding in the morning, which was a shame, but... These things happen. I got quite a few things done before melting, and I had a really nice tea in the evening. We're working our way through the older episodes of Who Wants to be a Millionaire, which is good fun. Almost up to our first Millionaire.

Today was also hot. I can't cope with heat. I don't deal with it. I hate it. Really hate it. So I melted. I went in to work and did some stuff, ate an ice cream and melted a bit more. I went in to speak to somebody but it turned out that plan didn't work out too well... So that didn't happen, but I still met him. Then I hung around for the Team Leaders meeting, which also never happened, so... Yeah. Finished off some work and swung home with my wonderful air con in my car. Came home and melted. Still melting.
Yep.

O&Os

A&As/Tracker
They/Them pronouns

Theta Sigma

1st & 2nd July 2015

Eek, in July now.
As a continuing theme, it's too fucking hot. The heatwave hasn't gone away yet, which is really, really upsetting. I worked in it yesterday, sat in front of my fan and didn't move unless necessary. The bonus was whilst tweeting about ice cream, I discovered we've now got chocolate ice cream in the cafe. Which is awesome, so I had that with my lunch. 
I'd done a lot of what I had to do when I popped in on Tuesday, so I just finished my newsletter and worked on a few things. Storm hit about half 3, and started to get bad around 4ish, so we made the executive decision to quit because it looked bad and could get worse. I dropped off our Education Officer at the Metro, and went home.
Turns out we had it pretty lucky, considering some places here had it baaaaad.
Had some tasty burgers for tea, and watched the wonderful millionaire episode! That was good fun. I ended up going to bed early because I scared myself with news of a colossal storm coming about 12ish... It wasn't as bad as expected, not here at least, but I'm pretty close to the coast anyway.

Woke up earlier than I wanted to this morning. Blame the heat, it's still hot... Really beginning to hate it. We're due another storm tomorrow night and Saturday... Which I don't mind, but I'm working on Saturday so it might be a bit ugh. Probably very quiet if that turns out to be the case.
Anyway, today I melted, did some washing of clothes, melted... I'm now 10m exp away from my Master Fishing RS cape, which I'm all happy about, too.

O&Os

A&As/Tracker
They/Them pronouns

Theta Sigma

3rd, 4th & 5th of July 2015

Falling behind again, eek!

Didn't do much on Friday. Had a gorgeous chinese chicken curry for tea, though. Just catching up on RS exp. Saturday I went to work and it was incredibly slow there, mostly because it had rained heavily around 5am. Supposedly there was also thunder, but I didn't wake up so the jury is out on that one. It picked up in the afternoon, and ended up leaving late due a late group arriving. It also was incredibly hot again, which was unfortunate.
I've been so eager to rewatch Terminator 2 for weeks now, and we found it on TV last night. I was far too excited! Sat up and watched the entire thing. Craving subsided, happy times!

Woke up earlier than I wanted to today, and proceeded to watch a hell of a lot of crime programs before going frozen food shopping with my dad. My mother can't walk at the moment and therefore can't go food shopping, so we'll be doing that tomorrow evening. Watched a lot of TV today... Including John Carter, which was surprisingly good, too. Had a shower, and it's the first time I've been cold in about a week. Incredible!

Work tomorrow, looking like it'll be a reasonable day.

O&Os

A&As/Tracker
They/Them pronouns

Theta Sigma

6th & 7th July 2015

Yesterday was work day. Was tired, and it didn't feel as if I got much done. Still, I have an almost ready to go newsletter for tomorrow and a few things I need to work on. Otherwise, all is well. Went food shopping with the boyfriend which is always a wonderful experience as he is so fun to be with. He makes everything fun.

Today was the final day of college, and to celebrate we spent the day in York. I was train boss because I am experienced with trains. Went on a type of train I've never been on before, a Transpennine Express train, which was exciting. >_> Had a window seat. Took about an hour and ten minutes to get into York, where we decided to eat immediately because food is clearly a pressing issue. After much deliberation and indecisives, I decided we were going to eat at one takeout meat place. Had a giant yorkie pud with ham and roasties and gravy, and it was delicious.
Then we headed into York Minster, had a nice look around and I sat and waited whilst everybody else went up the colossal huge bit of the tower. I went into the shop, went outside, decided it was too wet to be outside and went back in. Was supposed to take 45 minutes up there, took less due to rain so off we went to the TRAIN MUSEUM.
It stopped raining, and then everybody decided they wanted a coffee break so we went into a tiny, literally TINY place for coffee.
THEN it rained as we headed to the museum, but that's all good because it wasn't heavy. I went straight to the shop after getting in, and I promptly lost everybody else as I went around the museum taking photos. I finally found the viewing platform, though it was closed, but I got to see some trains driving past. It was super.

Finally, we headed back to the station, and back on the train to come home.

TIRED.

O&Os

A&As/Tracker
They/Them pronouns

Theta Sigma

8th & 9th July 2015

Yesterday was horribly, horribly busy. Between finishing my newsletter and working to get other bits and pieces finished and started, I didn't sit down much. Sourced some wood to make a sandwich board for Monday when me and a couple of apprentices will be going to the awful Sunderland stadium to advertise our summer activities. I got it cut to size and it just needs me to go in tomorrow and paint the text on.
My boyfriend got 99 Farming, Crafting and Strength last night also on RS, which was pretty awesome.

Today has been a relaxing day. Was supposed to go to Nandos with somebody for work but it ended up not happing as she's off work, so that's also why I pushed my sign back to tomorrow. Popped out to get pies, and have had a good day of fishing on RS. I'm now 99m exp, so it won't be long now until I have my master cape!
Exciting stuff!

O&Os

A&As/Tracker
They/Them pronouns

Theta Sigma

10th, 11th & 12th July 2015

So!
Friday we washed the sheets, so we had a good morning together before I went out to work. Grabbed chips on the way in, ate the chips, then got to work with these sodding sandwich boards. I sat on the dirty floor of the shed and drew out our logo for an apprentice to paint hideously, and then I drew the other letters on the other board when one of our resident artists told me he had the ability to make vinyl lettering.
LIFESAVER.
Went well, except I broke one of the Hs, so...  After a mild breakdown, everything went well and I grabbed some stuff to put in the car for Monday.

Yesterday was long. Long day. Long, busy day. There was a lot going on around the region, so it was good that considering all of that we were busy. We had a play on at half 2, which took a lot of attention. Once it started I loaded up the car with the rest of the stuff for tomorrow, and then hung around waiting for it to finish before coming home. I'd had a really shitty sleep which probably didn't help the day last FOREVER.
The most exciting thing about yesterday was getting 100m fishing exp! Finally! My goal is really within my sights now.
http://i.imgur.com/KzFzHqL.png

Proof!

Had a good sleep last night, woke up early and went out for lunchfast with the boyfriend! Had a gorgeous beef baguette with gravy and chips. It was delicious. Wonderful. We had a walk back to the car in the nice weather, not too hot, and had a look in Morrisons on the way back. Bought Hot Wheels cars each, mine is the superior one as it looks like a scorpion.

It's been a lot of Runescape this afternoon, coupled with a missing cat which got out of the garden and headed into next door. It's 'cat proofed', supposedly. 
Anyway.
At the awful Sunderland Stadium tomorrow to get some marketing done for half of the day. Thankfully, it is only half of the day.

O&Os

A&As/Tracker
They/Them pronouns

Theta Sigma

13th, 14th & 15th July 2015
I need to get used to writing in here every other day again. Blergh.
Monday went well. As expected, awful stadium, but our promotion went super. We arrived early and set up super early, but it didn't really prepare us for the onslaught of the children. We took spinning baskets to spin bracelets for the kids and it really pulled them in. Gave away a lot of leaflets. All was good.
Drove back to work, did some work. Designing stickers for summer.
Also went shopping in the evening, which was good fun with the boyfriend again.

My mother is off with a bad back and she is exceptionally bored and unable to do anything, so the frustrations are being passed on. I was glad to go to work for the meeting yesterday, which was very productive. Did a few more things, and then came home. We did some washing and I had a really nice shower. Fishing goal is within my sights. It's exciting!

TODAY!
I started my day with the incredible stressful attempt of trying to get photoshoot tickets for Peter Capaldi for the convention in London. The work wifi went off at the perfect time of when the tickets went on sale, and it took a lot of spamming refresh to get them. I raised my hand not ten minutes later to signify I had them, and I was over the moon. Excited. So happy. Worth the stress and worth the effort.
Then I spent the rest of the day fighting with a press release. My first press release. Nice and terrifying. Then the newsletter, then I got to work on what I actually wanted to work on, which was our 2016 leaflet. Get it started nice and early so it can be checked over completely. I'll be continuing to work on that and gather people's opinions whilst I work the desk tomorrow, which is bleh but at least I get the rest of the week off.

FISHING CAPE IS IN MY SIGHTS.
ROLL ON FISH PARTY.
102,292m exp as I type.

O&Os

A&As/Tracker
They/Them pronouns

Theta Sigma

16th & 17th of July 2015
Yesterday was my last work day of this week. I asked for Saturday off because we were going to go away this weekend, but plans fell through and I didn't comment that I was free because I didn't want to work the wedding and somebody else wanted to work the Saturday instead. So, I'm happy to have the weekend off. It's my first weekend off in... Ages, I think. Christ.

Err.
Just a day of doing things. Busy busy. Was on the desk, which is blergh, but hey ho. I had a hunt for Charlie on the farm and he turned up after I shouted for him, I saw one of our adorable baby Moor Hen chicks, and I also found out we've got duck eggs we're trying to incubate and hatch.
Eggxciting!

Today is much more exciting because I managed to sit up late last night and really hammer the big chunk of exp I needed down for 120 fishing to an achievable rate. Today has been a day of non-stop fishing, and I finally, finally picked up my Master Fishing cape about half an hour ago. Thrilled. Really thrilled. Now starts the slower trek for 200m, and to get my other skills up, too.

Whee!

O&Os

A&As/Tracker
They/Them pronouns

Theta Sigma

Summer was a very strange time. I didn't get round to updating for a number of days, which turned into weeks, and now it's September.
Whoops.

A brief summary of my summer:
I spent three weeks addicted to Fallout Shelter. It's still not November. Sad times.
Our little work ducks hatched and I got to hold three of them.
My uni books arrived and I start my degree in October. Scary shit.
Work is terrifying. Arts Council are in on the 15th. It's crunch time and it's scary.
Continuing to hate pirates (nothing personal to pirates!)
Drama galore.

A brief summary of today:
Ventured into Newcastle to see where my boyfriend's final first year exam will be held, it was hot and sunny and we walked into town after. Food was Spoons and fish and chips, we had a look in Forbidden Planet and also into the Grainger Market for the first time which I like a lot now. We swung into Waterstones and I found an updated version of my childhood favourite toy (which I still have) so insta-buy. I heart Mog.

Tomorrow is work and only a week until new Doctor Who

O&Os

A&As/Tracker
They/Them pronouns

Theta Sigma

12th - 14th September 2015
Work was relatively quiet and slow on Saturday, which was surprising. We had an incident regarding a complaint over Heritage Open Days, which is where venues can either open their doors and be free entry for three days, or hold free events. We have held free events recently, but we are not free entry.
Several papers in the local vicinity listed us as free. Sigh.

No matter.

Sunday was the Great North Run. I couldn't get to work as I live the wrong side of the main road for it, and it's a big event. So I was off. Saw the Red Arrows and just had a day of relaxing instead.

Today has been pretty busy, between meetings and doing bits and pieces today has flown. I spent an hour doing a favour for the boss so I went to a local filmmaker's house. Unusual to go to somebody's house I've never met before but hey the things you do for work. All because I have transport.

Tomorrow is the Arts Council day.
Scary.

Also as an update, my current fishing exp on Runescape is 117,646,936 exp. Whee.

O&Os

A&As/Tracker
They/Them pronouns

Theta Sigma

It's been almost a year since I started this blog, and it fell to the wayside somewhere during my busy summer. I wanted to keep this as a record of my all over the place worklife and relaxed homelife.

I worked at a very small local museum with international acclaim, funded by local authority and grants. The Conservative government heavily cut local authority funding since they got into power, surprise surprise, and we were dealt blow after blow over the past year. We lost some staff because they moved on, we lost some money because we just did. I reinterviewed for my job in December and secured a year contract as the council had agreed to fund us for another year.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/bedes-world-closure-jarrow-sparks-10895338#ICID=sharebar_facebook

I lost my job on Friday.
I lost my job alongside my 26 colleagues who had become an extended family to me. We were all as weird as each other, we had our faults, but we were all happy. We were all in it together, right to the very end. I visited Bede's World as a child when it had freshly opened, and I had fond memories of it back then. It was my first job. It turned into my first real job after I became fully employed back in 2014. I experienced a lot there. I broke my phone in a swordfight, I appeared on TV, my nose became scarred after sitting on some dodgy hay, I burnt myself and still have the scar, I spoke to the BBC, I was chased by a Dalek, I held a duck, I used an axe, I met a Dame Professor, I put up exhibitions, and I put a lot of my soul into the place.
We all did.
It was more than a workplace. It was a second home. An obscure, often shitty second home, but it was a second home.

That is all.

O&Os

A&As/Tracker
They/Them pronouns