Pokemon fever!!!!!! Craving badly!!!!

Started by Malgriff, January 14, 2012, 11:08:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malgriff

I recently started laying Pokemon black once again and reading a very very well written fan-fiction involving the female character and N. This has got me in the mood for an adventure rp in the Pokemon world, and hopefully a long running one. Fate of the world and trainers and all that. Now I have several ideas for pairings and plots so I'll make them brief, I am reasonable and will be flexible with ideas ^^

Pairings, I am a sucker for the good girl bad boy pairing so if you wanna be a moody Rival please feel free to do so. Or The Villain with a romantic front is always a fan girl favorite heh. I'm also not against the idea of best friends becoming more, so the friends traveling together, looking out for each other along the way and battling to stay strong before they head to the Pokemon league/ face the real threat to the ( insert place name) region. However with the friends one Im hoping it would be the longest out of any rp's here (Since once love is admitted/lemons start sprouting I noticed my interest in the rp tends to dip) having the characters admit things near the end.

Plots. There's the typical gym challenges and beat the bad dudes along the way scenario, or there's the Pokemon Rangers trying to keep Pokemon safe and routs clear for trainers. Obviously more juicy side plots can be added in as well, or have the two combined Maybe a ranger decides to take on the elite four to become the first Ranger champion?

I don't want romance to be the whole story but to be used as a tool to progress the story? Character development etc. Comedic moments and dramatic important battles the whole shebang into one fiery hot story. Basicly an rp/co-authored fan fiction with OC's and cannons of course ^^

Khanken

I've roleplayed as a hard to read anarchist bad boy who values life and nature in Pokemon before, but that was a long time ago. I'd like to bring him back with a bang. He was a water type trainer whose training methods were unorthodox and frighteningly effective. Of course, he'd be old school, doing much with very little and winning battles with creativity rather than raw power. A lot of side characters would make references to his bad reputation and mean streak of not playing well with others, but his Pokemon are as loyal as they get. Its almost as if Pokemon interest him more as friends than people, to be honest. He'd make for a challenging rival, and/or a useful ally in the world saving department.

One thing that really interests me in a roleplay of Pokemon is the endless possibilities of strategy not present in any Pokemon game. And yes... definitely character development.

Malgriff

Awesome! Love it, I've been thinking about a trainer character for myself and thought about an all monkey trainer, so the team would be, chimchar, pansage, panpour, pansear, mankey and aipom. To go along with her favourite pokemon types My character would be playful if somewhat childish in nature but very strongly upholds her values inher friends and does serious training (but to others would just look like playing) with her pokemon. I can't think of a name for her though or her look just yet. Since the characters are going to be polar opposites do you think the Unova type plot line would be the best rout to go?
Perhapse the two of them working together with their different styles would interest the plasma king?

Malgriff

As much as I'd dearly love to my GM skills suck so my group games die very very quickly..before set up as a matter of fact. But if it's the three of us only I don't see why not.

Khanken

The Unova plot would in fact draw the Plasma King's interest, because he'd have a better idea of why our characters end up working together better than they themselves are aware of, likely. Ghetsis himself might look to exploit our character's motives if he'd realize that defeating our characters becomes a challenge, and guide the Plasma King to do so, complicating things. I've passed on the new Pokemon games, but I've read their stories and I think the Unova plot is awesome.

As for more than one on one, I don't want to do that. At least not with this story.

JackWhite

It's ok. I don't know a thing about pokemon black so consider me not interested anymore.

Malgriff

If you are still interested Jack perhaps a one shot with the three of us/two of us in another region would suit your taste better?

Nice thinking Khan ^^ I can't wait to get started but would you like to discuss plot in more detail first?

JackWhite

Khanken isn't interested in playing with more people.

Malgriff

Khanken

Quote from: Akumamika on January 14, 2012, 12:18:24 PM
If you are still interested Jack perhaps a one shot with the three of us/two of us in another region would suit your taste better?

Nice thinking Khan ^^ I can't wait to get started but would you like to discuss plot in more detail first?

Haha... I was thinking it could totally swerve off of canon, and the Plasma King could anticipate the intrigues in his own counter-society and end up the real villain, willing to separate Pokemon from trainers at all cost. He'd even be upset enough about being human to seek ways to purge humanity by making them all monsters. This elevates the threat to humanity itself, and the natural order the Pokemon already have, which is in fact symbiotic to humans.

But on a smaller scale, the beginning... I wonder how our characters would meet. My character would be a bit reclusive in this foreign region, and unaware of its people and customs. That gives your character an advantage, while my character's hardcore training style means he could actually spar with your Pokemon without harming them, teaching them things no typical Pokemon battle could teach them, and teaching you unique things as a trainer.

I'd like to think that the meeting would start as a run of the mill challenge to a Pokemon battle on the road, and my character would say that he would spar your Pokemon, himself, rather than wear out his already exhausted Squirtle. That would be totally off the wall. But I'd like to see your own ideas, too. Thanks for bringing out an old favorite of mine!

Malgriff

Sounds good, Interesting way to start things off ^^ You're very welcome.

Khanken

I like you idea in PM's, though. Maybe your character would meet mine on the boat to Unova for that first challenge, and then, after establishing themselves as rivals, they end up working together! Cruel irony. I love it.  ;D

Malgriff

Ooooohhh this is starting to feel juicy X3 I appologise in advance if I occasionally do short posts, if you can't bounce off of them let me know and I can revise what I put down and add some more.