News:

Main Menu

Whisky ~ electricity

Started by Paradox, May 24, 2010, 08:29:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paradox

Scotch distillery turns whisky into watts

When I first read that headline, I was horrified; however, once I read the actual article, I realized the Scotch was still safe *wipes brow*

This is just one more reason for me to enjoy Scotch: it's saving the planet! (hyperbole intended)

"More than ever, the creation of the ridiculous is almost impossible because of the competition it receives from reality."-Robert A. Baker

Arazel Eternal

Sounds like a good plan.  One more reason that I like Scotch.
“I was here. I existed. I was young, I was happy, and for this moment, at least, someone in this world cared enough about me to take my picture.” – Final Fantasy VII fanfic, Scribbler.
My Turn Ons and Offs
My Apologies and Abscences

Paladin

Very nice. I'll stick with whisky but may have ta buy their brand even if its a bit more expensive.

Josh the Aspie

One of the brands of sugar I prefer also uses it's waste biomas for electricity, and not only powers it's own facilities, but several houses as well.  At least according to the back of the box.  It's also less refined than most white sugars, leaving a bit more of the molasses flavor in, but less than brown sugar, which I'm sure cuts their electrical costs in the first place.

Oniya

Ooh, tasty and environmentally responsible!  Sounds like a win-win.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Endorphin

I'm obviously drinking insufficient whiskey to uphold my end of the bargain.

*Puts down current alcoholic beverage in favour of a nice, smooth scotch.*
"The imagination is the spur of delights... all depends upon it, it is the mainspring of everything; now, is it not by means of the imagination one knows joy? Is it not of the imagination that the sharpest pleasures arise?" - Marquis de Sade