News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Warhammer 40k: Black Crusade

Started by Life on Mars, September 10, 2014, 09:55:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HairyHeretic

Quote from: Life on Mars on September 12, 2014, 01:36:10 PM
Ah ok, that sounds reasonable. I know that stalker rounds act as a silencer. Are you going to combine the two?

Assuming I'm able to, yes. I think the Stalker is harder to hear normally, and the effect is magnified with the stalker rounds. They're rare enough to find though, so I'd need to see how resources worked out. He might have a handfull for special occasions, and use regular rounds most of the time.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Beorning on September 12, 2014, 01:36:47 PM
When it comes to me, I could play a fallen Sororitas... or another kind of female soldier!

If you haven't gotten the books yet, I can point you in the right direction to 'acquire' them. But you will need them to play, like the GM said.

GM Q: With my starting gear, I could get my hands on a Good quality Tarnor Mimic-Mask instead of a Common grade, (Rare -10, Good -10, Single +10). What would it grant above a normal mask, though? Tools and Wargear Craftsmanship is at the discretion of the GM.

Life on Mars

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on September 12, 2014, 01:44:03 PM
GM Q: With my starting gear, I could get my hands on a Good quality Tarnor Mimic-Mask instead of a Common grade, (Rare -10, Good -10, Single +10). What would it grant above a normal mask, though? Tools and Wargear Craftsmanship is at the discretion of the GM.

GM A: Hmm, well offhand I would say that it would provide an extra, smaller bonus when used in the company of people for whom appearance and craftsmanship matter. Some dirty feral worlders might not appreciate it, but a pirate with delusions of grandeur might, just to name a few examples.

Quote from: Beorning on September 12, 2014, 01:36:47 PM
When it comes to me, I could play a fallen Sororitas... or another kind of female soldier!

I would love to have you but be sure to get to rulebook if you want to join = )

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Life on Mars on September 12, 2014, 02:09:11 PM

GM A: Hmm, well offhand I would say that it would provide an extra, smaller bonus when used in the company of people for whom appearance and craftsmanship matter. Some dirty feral worlders might not appreciate it, but a pirate with delusions of grandeur might, just to name a few examples.

So no improvements to its functionality, then, just a cosmetic appearance boost? The description of the Mask is on Tome of Fate p.42; I'm not really sure how higher-quality appearance would work on an item whose primary purpose is altering its appearance in subtle fashions. I'll take it anyways, since I can't upgrade the Pheremone Generators, but I'm not above trying to milk whatever bonuses I can get. :D

Terian

Quote from: Life on Mars on September 12, 2014, 01:36:10 PM

I'm pretty sure I'm full up on people now but if anyone drops I'll let you know!

Aww :( I always notice these things too late.

Jaded

Quote from: Life on Mars on September 12, 2014, 11:34:39 AM
That's pretty cool. If you're going to focus on melee it would be easier to take the renegade archtype rather than psyker, but melee psykers are always awesome. Looking at the Beguiling Gem it looks like you could take one as part of your starting equipment. As described on page 82 of the core rulebook you can make a number of free acquisitions equal to your starting infamy bonus as long as they are no more than a -10 modifier. Beguiling Gem would work out to that (very rare -20, Common Craft 0, Single +10). You can add whatever back-story you like to it.

I was leaning towards the Gem also being her psy-focus, just for flavour. 

Did you want us to start working towards creating characters now that we're full?

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on September 12, 2014, 12:58:51 PM
FWIW, my planned Psyker is going to be very Interaction-oriented; Charm+Deceive, Telepathy powers, and gear to boost Interaction tests (Tarnor Mimic-Mask and Pheremone Generator). Plus Doombolt, but he's built primarily to be a 'Face' role. That should help narrow down potential conceptual overlap for anyone else still brainstorming.

I was looking at a melee/face Psyker.  I don't know if I can make her properly ;)  But I figured her shtick was to act like a slave or other harmless since (if I take the Telekinetic Weapon power) she wouldn't need to carry around a visible weapon.  Which was why a legendary weapon wouldn't fit as well as with my original concept. 

Though there is something to be said for a straight combat character who isn't a psyker.  So many options  :'( 

Beorning

Quote from: Life on Mars on September 12, 2014, 02:09:11 PM

Dammit! I won't have enough money to buy the books this month... :(

Life on Mars

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on September 12, 2014, 02:14:13 PM
So no improvements to its functionality, then, just a cosmetic appearance boost? The description of the Mask is on Tome of Fate p.42; I'm not really sure how higher-quality appearance would work on an item whose primary purpose is altering its appearance in subtle fashions. I'll take it anyways, since I can't upgrade the Pheremone Generators, but I'm not above trying to milk whatever bonuses I can get. :D

Hmm, you have a point there.  think the biggest bonus you would have to it though would a good-craftsmanship allowing it to take harsher punishment, in case you get shot/stabbed in the face. Alternativly it could allow the Fear rating to last an extra minute or two. I'll think a bit more on it ; )

Quote from: Jaded on September 12, 2014, 06:09:08 PM
I was leaning towards the Gem also being her psy-focus, just for flavour. 

Did you want us to start working towards creating characters now that we're full?

I was looking at a melee/face Psyker.  I don't know if I can make her properly ;)  But I figured her shtick was to act like a slave or other harmless since (if I take the Telekinetic Weapon power) she wouldn't need to carry around a visible weapon.  Which was why a legendary weapon wouldn't fit as well as with my original concept. 

Though there is something to be said for a straight combat character who isn't a psyker.  So many options  :'( 

Very much so. One of the reasons I like how they removed the "class tables" in Black Crusade and Only War. Was glad they kept with that in Dark Heresy 2nd Ed. I like your idea of acting like a slave or other harmless being.

And yeah, I would say it's getting to the time to make characters since people are starting to flush them out. Let me see if I have a good understanding of what people have so far:

TheGlyphstone: Psyker "Face"
Jaded: fallen sister, possible melee/face Psyker
HairyHeretic: Night Lord Space Marine

If I have an understanding of people so far. What does everyone else have in mind?

Also HairyHeretic! I've been reading your name as HairyHECTIC this whole time, ha ha. That's what I get for just copypasting people names instead of writing them. I suppose your name is pretty fitting for this game.

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Jaded on September 12, 2014, 06:09:08 PM

Since there's two of us, we'll probably end up working as a team when infiltrating. If you just emphasize Fellowship and the Deceive skill, we'll both be sufficiently tricky/sneaky to get around, and I can do the talking with Charm. Master + Slave, Husband + Wife, Brother + Sister - plenty of cover identities for us. That will let you use more of your starting XP/powers on melee stuff.

You don't even need to be psychic for this plan, you just need Decieve and good Fel.

Jaded

Draft 1!  Hopefully I didn't make any (many?) mistakes, and hopefully she is somewhat useful as a character.  I am a little annoyed she doesn't feel all that Sister of Battley, but I guess by the Dark Heresy rules she is only missing a couple of things (Performer Singer, Literacy, Trade Copyist, etc).

I had taken Charm but dropped that.  Her Fellowship should hopefully be sufficient for our plots ;)

I don't suppose I could take Enemy (5): Adepta Sororitas (for obvious reasons) and in exchange take Forbidden Lore (Warp) and/or Linguistics (High Gothic)?

I also left her history a bit blank, as I don't know how she got from that point to joining the other Chaos people.  I assume that would be a group discussion unless the starting adventure is intended to begin with people who don't know each other.

Character
Castilla Vern
Human Psyker, ex-Adepta Sororitas

Wounds: 8+1d5
Corruption: 1d5
WS:  40 (4)     BS:  22 (2)
S:   33 (3)     T:   30 (3)
Ag:  45 (4)     Int: 30 (3)
Per: 25 (2)     WP:  51 (5)
Fel: 55 (5)     Inf: 1d5+23

Pride: Beauty     Disgrace: Deceit     Motivation: Perfection

SKILLS
Awareness, Deceive, Dodge, Psyniscience, Stealth
Common Lore (Ecclesiarchy, Imperial Creed), Forbidden Lore (Psykers)
Linguistics (Low Gothic)
Trade (Chymist)

TALENTS
Psy Rating 3
Jaded
Weapon Training (Primary), Weapon Training (Las)
Warp Sense

TRAIT
The Quick and The Dead
Psyker (Unbound)

POWERS
Precognition
Mind Over Matter
Force Bolt
Telekinetic Weapon
Butcher’s Offering
Precision Telekinesis

GEAR
Laspistol w/2 magazines
Neural Whip
Flak Cloak
Psy-focus (Amulet with Beguiling Gem): +10 Focus Power Test
dataslate filled with arcane lore. (could I take a book stolen from the Adepta Sororitas instead?  Some profane relic they hadn't yet destroyed?)

Beguiling Gem
Synskin

200 xp for Stealth
100 xp for Precognition
100 xp for Precision Telekinesis
100 xp for Butcher’s Offering
250 xp for Simple Willpower
250 xp for Simple Fellowship

Castilla was born to a prominent noble family on the Hive World of ?.  When she was two years of age the patriarch of her family snapped and murdered the entirety of his extended family, some fifty odd people, in the dark of night.  Only two were spared, Castilla and her aunt, Cirine.  The reasons for this were unknown to most, but were simple enough.  Cirine was a Cultist of Slaanesh, and as her brother lost his mind in a blood rage that had to be the fault of Khorne or his lackeys, she saw all her plans falling apart.  She saw a chance to salvage something, so she saved Castilla and sent her off to join the Adepta Sororitas.

The next fifteen ears of Castilla’s life were spent in study, mostly about the glory of the Emperor and the art of battle.  She fully intended to devote her life to the Order.  She was always a bit vain, but no one seemed concerned about it, and she thought she was rightful to be proud. 

At eighteen, Castilla joined her first campaign.  On a world rife with corruption, she helped battle not only the cultists of chaos, but the xenos threat that they had allowed to take hold.  She returned a veteran, proud of her achievements but horrified at what she had seen.  Disfiguring wounds, horrific weapons, and so many lives cut short.  In her chamber was a gift, sent by her aunt Cirine.

The gift was nothing more than a pink gemstone, about the size of the last joint of her finger.  It was set into a platinum necklace, on which was stamped the symbol of her family.  As Castilla stared at the gemstone, she felt her mind awaken.  Even she couldn’t explain just what she saw, the eternity of space and time, how frail and temporary her body was, something, anything, everything. 

The amulet, which had been worn for centuries by corrupt members of her family, had soaked in the very essence of chaos from their actions.  It had been witness to countless atrocities and crimes, and while not a direct link to the warp, it did call to her blood.  As powers began to awaken within her, Castilla knew that she had to get away.  Not just because she could only expect death or worse if she stayed, but because she knew how temporary all that she valued would be if she didn’t take some action.

Castilla fled into space in search of perfection of form, and eternal youth.  Her first stop was her homeworld, where she found that her aunt had been cleansed by an inquisitor. 

TheGlyphstone

Commentary for Jaded:
1) You're 500 XP underspent right now. You get 1000XP as a beginning Human heretic, and the Psyker archetype gives you another 500 XP to spend only on psychic powers. Since you've spent exactly 500 on powers right now, you've got 500 more to spend on anything - my suggestion would be to start picking up Aligned advances towards your God of choice, if you have one; 500XP will buy two Tier 1 Talents, a Tier 2 talent, or a bigger Characteristic boost.
2) Neural Whips require Shock Proficiency, which you don't have. You'll want to either trade that for a Sword (Good quality), or exchange Weapon Training (Las) For Weapon Training (Shock). Hang onto the Las-pistol until you can either gain proficiency, or trade it away to someone.

Character

Valmar Ripartus

Male Heretic Psyker (Escapee of the Black Ships)

WS: 20      Int: 40
BS: 25      WP: 70
S: 20      Per: 30
Ag: 30      Fel: 56
T: 30
Infamy: 21+1d5=24
Wounds: 10+1d5=15
Corruption: 1d5=5

Pride: Devotion      Disgrace: Destruction      Motivation: Immortality

Talents and Traits:
Child of the Warp - +1 Psy Rating when pushing, people who see him forget something trivial
Combat Formation - Allies get +1 Initiative and can use Int (4) in place of Agility for Initiative.
Jaded - Immune to Mundane Fear
Psyker
Psy Rating (3) - Unbound
The Quick And The Dead - +2 Initiative
Total Recall - Flawless and perfect memory
Weapon Training (Primary)
Weapon Training (SP)

Trained Skills:
Awareness (Per)
Charm (Fel)
Common Lore (Imperium) (Int)
Common Lore (Adeptus Arbites) (Int)
Deceive (Fel)
Dodge (Ag)
Forbidden Lore (Psykers) (Int)
Linguistics (Low Gothic) (Int)
Psyniscience (Per)
Scrutiny (Per)
Trade (Cryptographer) (Int)

Psychic Powers:
Compel
Delude
Doombolt
Thought Sending

Equipment:
Cybernetics: Pheremone Generator, Common Craftsmanship
Dataslate of Arcane Lore
Flak Cloak
Psy-Focus
Slug Revolver, Good Craftsmanship
Sword, Good Craftsmanship
Tarnor Mimic-Mask, Good Craftsmanship

Experience Log:
+1000 XP - starting allotment
+500 XP - Archetype allotment (Powers only)
-100 XP -Psychic Power (Thought Sending)
-100 XP - Psychic Power (Delude)
-200 XP - Psychic Power (Compel)
-200 XP - Psychic Power (Doombolt)
-200 XP - Allied Skill Training: Charm
-200 XP - Allied Skill Training: Scrutiny
-250 XP - Allied Talent: Total Recall
-250 XP - Allied Talent: Combat Formation

1500/1500 Spent

Background

The underhives of Solivan VII are a brutal place, every bit as harsh a crucible as those in the mighty forges that make the planet famous across its sector. Like impure steel, the weak and the cowardly are burned away - sometime literally - to leave only the strongest and sharpest behind. In this dog-eat-dog world, someone as thin and malnourished as Valamar should have quickly been ground up and cast aside. Instead, though, he thrived, because people inexplicably liked him and wanted to make him happy. At first, it was unconscious, but by puberty his talents had begun to awaken in full force and he knew he was unlike anyone else around. He could make anyone act out his whims, overtly or subtly, and he embraced this power with glee. Valmar became a teenage gang leader and crime lord, master of his portion of the underhive. He held the loyalty of thugs, got the pick of the best drugs, and the most beautiful women lined up at his bedside. Though all of it, he schemed to hide the truth from everyone - secretly pitting gangs against each other to weaken threats to his control, arranging trouble for the Arbites to keep them from cracking down on his tiny empire.

But ultimately, it was the Arbites who were his downfall, pitted against his own arrogance. Arrested for a petty crime - not even in his true name, but a false identity he used when skulking about to amuse himself - he torqued the will of his arresting officers and forced them to murder each other. But one lived, and reported what could only be a dangerous rogue psyker to his superiors. Not long after, a Black Ship came through the system in its regular route, and the Inquisition descended upon Valmar. It took all of his skill at deception to keep one step ahead of them, forced to fall back on his long-neglected talents of natural manipulation in order to prevent their trackers from following his psychic trail. From tramp freighter to passenger liner, he fled randomly between stars with no particular destination in mind save somewhere he could rebuild and eventually take revenge.  The Imperium had obliterated his palatial paradise of crime, called him a mutant and monster. A mutant he would be, then, and if the Imperium feared the powers of Chaos, it would be to the powers of Chaos that he turned his loyalty towards. It might take a lifetime, or more than one, to earn his revenge - but he was prepared to spend that and more if required. Anything was acceptable. Anything.

Also, I came up with what I think is a really cool idea, but it'll need approval. I'm starting with the talent Child of the Warp, selecting the persistent effect of 'anyone who sees him forgets something trivial'. I also purchased the Total Recall talent, giving me an eidetic memory. Can I link these two, and have him not simply erase memories, but steal them, remembering inconsequential or minor things he's never experienced (but someone who met him had)?

Pumpkin Seeds

Trying to catch up and gather a niche to place myself in the context of the group.  Sorry I'm a bit late to the party.

ChaoticSky

Damn, missed the boat on this one.  :-\

HairyHeretic

I'll be reworking this character. I probably won't get a chance to get the stats up til tomorrow evening, but this is the background

Draugr, Son of the Sunless World

"Show your enemy mercy and he shall one day seek vengeance upon you for every petty, imaginable slight. Mercy is therefore a weakness; a crime waiting to be born. Mercy I have long since expunged, both from myself and my Legion."

— Attributed to Konrad Curze, The Night Haunter, Primarch of the Night Lords Legion

The Night Lord known as Draugr is a former member of the 3rd Claw Terror Squad within the 20th Chapter. He wears heavily modified Mark 6 plate, complete with the distinctive skull faced helm of a Terror Squad member, and bears a weapon which he uses almost to the exclusion of all others, a Stalker pattern legion bolter named 'Last Breath'. Rumour has it the name comes because once his sights are upon you, you have time for but one last breath before the end.

We were the monsters you wanted, the weapons you shaped us to be. We sacrificed all to be what you needed, and you dare .. you DARE .. censure us for doing that, for doing just what it was you wanted? We brought scores of worlds to compliance, and for every one we visited, for every one where they learned to fear the night, five, ten, twenty would surrender for fear they would be next.

We are the ones betrayed. That bitch assassin was allowed .. allowed, not able .. to take our father. To prove the truth of his words. Well, listen to the truth of my words. I will burn one world in the name of each of my brothers, and when the ashes of those worlds burn cold, my fathers words will be all that remains.

He has sworn an oath of vengeance, an eternal oath of moment, to make the Imperium pay for all it has done. He doesn't particularly care how he does it. He's as happy to cause a world to revolt in civil war as he is to assassinate the PDF high command just prior to an invasion by Orks or Dark Eldar, or drop an asteroid onto the worlds capital. He knows he won't be able to wreak his vengeance alone, but there are plenty of tools he can use along the way.

Night Lord Terror Squads
Terror Squads were specialist squads of Space Marines utilised exclusively by the Night Lords Legion during the Great Crusade and the Horus Heresy in the late 30th and early 31st Millennia. No Legion of the Legiones Astartes ever elevated the use of fear itself as a weapon to the extent that the Night Lords did. Through their fearful and bloody acts entire star systems were cowed into submission, often occasioning far less ultimate loss of life than a conventional war might have brought. The midnight and storm-clad VIII Legion served also as dark judges and executioners; they enacted the Emperor's retribution on Planetary Governors, recidivist cults and rebels alike, where their crimes proved severe enough to have called down the Imperium's wrath so utterly upon them.

When such punishments were intended to be at their most visceral and personal, the Terror Squads of the VIII Legion were unleashed. Head hunters and torturers, flayers and mutilators; within the ranks of the Terror Squads were found both the most coldly dispassionate and darkly imaginative of the Night Lords brethren, and where once the terrifying arts of murder and mayhem they perpetrated were a coldly calculated means to an end, as the decades of the Great Crusade progressed, the Terror Squads became a sink-hole for the most unstable and unsubtle elements within their Legion, many within them standing under their own sentences of death -- commuted so long as they proved useful to their macabre master, the Night Haunter himself.

Last Breath
Stalker pattern bolter 'Last Breath'
Merciless (Vicious) Stalker pattern Legion Bolter - Legacy of Slaughter
Class: Basic
Range: 200
RoF: S
Dmg: 2d10+5 X
Pen: 5
Clip: 24
Rld: Full
Special: Accurate, Tearing
Wt: 17

Stats

WS 40
BS 50
S 45
T 40
Ag 40
Int 36
Per 45
WP 38
Fel 35
Inf 22

Wounds 17

Pride - Foresight
Disgrace - Wrath
Motivation - Legacy

Skills

Athletics (S)
Awareness (Per)
Common Lore - War (Int)
Dodge (+10) (Ag)
Forbidden Lore (Adeptus Astartes) (Int)
Forbidden Lore (The Horus Heresy) (Int)
Forbidden Lore (The Long War) (Int)
Intimidate (S)
Linguistics (Low Gothic) (Int)
Navigate (Surface) (Int)
Operate (Surface) (Ag)
Parry (WS)
Stealth (Ag)

Talents and Special

Talents
Ambidextrous
Ancient Warrior
Bulging Biceps
Deadeye shot
Disarm
Heightened Senses (Hearing, Sight)
Legion Weapon Training
Lightning Reflexes
Marksman
Nerves of Steel
Quick Draw
Rapid Reload
Resistance (Cold, Heat, Poisons)
Unarmed Warrior

Traits
Amphibious
Unnatural Strength
Unnatural Toughness

Special Abilities
Spectral Haunter
Terror Tactics

Equipment

Legion Power armour (Scavanged Reconstruction - Functioning systems: Sustainable power source, Autosenses, Osmotic Gill Life Sustainer)
Legionaire stalker bolter 'Last Breath' (+4 clips)
Legion combat knife
Legion bolt pistol
Legion chainsword
2 clips for pistol
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

deadmanshand

Sorry if I'm a little slow. Very busy last couple of days and today will be no exception. Also not sure what to make. My primary interest - once the advanced archetypes were taken off the table - was in playing a Psyker. Now there are two. Then I was thinking of an Apostate face type character but Glyphstone is filling that role with his Psyker. Not interested in a Heretek. Playing a lot of combat characters right now.

Hmm... decisions. Decisions.

TheGlyphstone

There's no real reason you can't play a Psyker, other than the obvious fact that having 3 of them running around in one place is like playing Russian Roulette with the Perils of the Warp table. I'm telepathy-heavy, Jaded is telekinesis-heavy with a touch of divination, so there's ways to go without stepping on each other's toes. Biomancy, for example - someone capable of 'healing' would be handy for us fragile humans, and I can't imagine even a Space Marine saying no to buffs.

Or you could make a face-oriented character. Overlap in skillsets is a tradeoff we can choose to make...it gives us redundancy, but at the cost of versatility. With a party that's 50-60% talky characters, All You Have Is a (Psychic) Hammer would be coming into play and we'd be trying to solve most of our problems with social solutions. I'm Face/crowd control, Jaded is Melee/face. Neither of us have Intimidate or Command.

Esseria

Just want to say that I'm sad I found this after it closed recruitment, and also that next time you should run something in which I can play an ork. Waaagh.

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Esseria on September 13, 2014, 03:00:24 PM
Just want to say that I'm sad I found this after it closed recruitment, and also that next time you should run something in which I can play an ork. Waaagh.

Pretty sure Rogue Trader is the only game with Ork PCs.

Esseria

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on September 13, 2014, 03:17:08 PM
Pretty sure Rogue Trader is the only game with Ork PCs.
Bah! You can fit one o da boyz in ta whatever ting ya want, ya git. Dey'z da best!

But good point. Anyway, enjoy your game, folks!

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Esseria on September 13, 2014, 03:19:37 PM
Bah! You can fit one o da boyz in ta whatever ting ya want, ya git. Dey'z da best!

But good point. Anyway, enjoy your game, folks!

Ironically, the only one they can't fit in is Black Crusade...the "KAOS AN’ KURRUPSHUN" rule from the Freebooter character class makes them immune to Corruption points, which is a core mechanic of BC. :D

Pumpkin Seeds

Not sure on the specifics, but thinking I might go for a sniper type character or some sort of sneaking one.  Though there is a burning desire to play a Space Marine as well.

deadmanshand

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on September 13, 2014, 02:15:41 PM
There's no real reason you can't play a Psyker, other than the obvious fact that having 3 of them running around in one place is like playing Russian Roulette with the Perils of the Warp table. I'm telepathy-heavy, Jaded is telekinesis-heavy with a touch of divination, so there's ways to go without stepping on each other's toes. Biomancy, for example - someone capable of 'healing' would be handy for us fragile humans, and I can't imagine even a Space Marine saying no to buffs.

Or you could make a face-oriented character. Overlap in skillsets is a tradeoff we can choose to make...it gives us redundancy, but at the cost of versatility. With a party that's 50-60% talky characters, All You Have Is a (Psychic) Hammer would be coming into play and we'd be trying to solve most of our problems with social solutions. I'm Face/crowd control, Jaded is Melee/face. Neither of us have Intimidate or Command.

If that's the case I might make something Pyromancy and flamer heavy. I'll look at my options.

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: deadmanshand on September 13, 2014, 03:39:54 PM
If that's the case I might make something Pyromancy and flamer heavy. I'll look at my options.

Pyromancy is also a good option, but I hadn't considered it because you didn't sound enthusiastic about a combat build.

deadmanshand

Fire isn't combat. Fire is a prayer to the gods of chaos.

ChaoticSky

Quote from: deadmanshand on September 13, 2014, 03:48:23 PM
Fire isn't combat. Fire is a prayer to the gods of chaos.
That said, i would suggest you look up the pyromancy powers from OW, and if your GM is okay with it, use those instead of the ones in BC.... they are actually good, instead of just some silly little thing that a backwards shaman might use to scare cavemen.

Which is actually somewhat interesting. Chaos sees pyro as a inferior art compared to channeling raw warpfire, good for little other than situational use or augmenting other effects. But the Imperium generally considers it the most rawly destructive discipline, the versions of Pyromancy in each book reflect this.