Lost In Space

Started by Lady Jenn, February 26, 2014, 11:19:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevak

"Do you need some help walking dude?" Kevak asked. "We should probably look at those after we get you to the sickbay also."

Kevak

OOC: Since I can't edit I'll clarify here.

The second statement was about the crew records.

Lady Jenn

"That might be a good idea," he said. "Not sure how well I can walk. Bloody hell, what did they shoot me with? Admittedly I don't have much experience being shot," he said with a laugh.

Kevak

Kevak moves over and helps support Robert as they continue walking towards the elevator. As he is doing this he says:

"I haven't a clue what they shot you with, I'm a coder, not a doctor. I didn't even notice you had been injured till you started bleeding."

Lady Jenn

"Me neither," He said. "The only other option is it was something during our journey here. We've travelled far further than transporter technology should be capable of covering."

Kevak

"Well, as far as I know I'm undamaged so hopefully it was just a freak accident and not something that will cause difficulty for me later" Kevak says as they reach the elevator. "Any idea how this panel works? It's a bit outdated."

Lady Jenn

"Just enter the floor number we want," he replied. "We have enough luck that apparentely the lift is on this floor already," he said. "Something feels...wrong about this ship," he said. "There were 300 men on board when it vanished but there's no sign of them and not the slightest sign of violence anywhere."

Kevak

"What floor is it?" Kevak asked before saying: "Yah. this ship does feel a bit off, that and that sound is still there, no idea what it is but my headache isn't bugging me as much now that I'm a bit more used to it. Hope there aren't zombies, you know like in those old holodisc films? That would be horrid."

Lady Jenn

"A couple of floors down," he said. "Floor 32," he said, suddenly noticing the floor number on the wall behind him. "What worries me is those ships we saw. Evidently we aren't the first people this has happened to and yet no-one can figure out how it's being done."

Kevak

Kevak punches in the numbers 32 and the lift begins to descend.

Lady Jenn

"If you can sort out my arm I can interact with the computer," he said. "This had experimental tech, so you could operate the computer by voice alone. It was supposed to be used in a battle situation."

Kevak

"Not exactly sure how to fix out your arm, not a doctor remember?" Kevak states. "Do you think the computer would know how?"

Lady Jenn

"Probably the next best thing to a real doctor," he said with a laugh, beginning to feel dizzy again. "Okay, we might want to hurry up, not sure I'll be able to walk around for much longer."

Kevak

The lift arrives at floor 32 and the door opens, Kevak peeks out the door to make sure nothing is out there before helping Robert out the door. "Which way now my recently met fellow abductee?

Lady Jenn

"Uh," he closed his eyes, trying to remember the blueprints off the top of his head. "It should be fourth door on the right," he said. He opened his eyes again. "This is looking more and more like the Marie Celeste," he said with a nervous laugh.

Kevak

Kevak helps Robert over to the door and activates the keypad, the door slides open.

"I'm assuming you know how to get it to work? I'm hopeless with meditech." Kevak says as they walk in.

Lady Jenn

"Voice control should do it," he said, dropping onto one of the beds. "Computer? We need medical assistance, scan for injuries."

"Scanning," came a voice from seemingly nowhere. "There appears to be some kind of shrapnel lodged in your left arm. I can stem the bleeding and stitch up the wound but the shrapnel cannot be removed entirely safely. I would advise against attempting to operate."

"Well, it's our choice," Thompson said. "But if something goes wrong your stuck in the middle of nowhere alone."

Kevak

"It's totally up to you, it's your arm and your life dude." Kevak tells Robert.

Lady Jenn

"How bad is it computer?" Thompson asked.

"There is a major artery in the vicinity, any attempt to remove carries a 75% risk that-"

"Yeah," Thompson said, interrupting. "Patch up the wound and give me any painkillers you can. Anyway, while we wait for this to finish do you want the computer to scan you? Might be worth checking considering it took me that long to realise I was injured."

Kevak

"Sure, it might pick up a bit of weirdness where the hepatics interface, not exactly what is considered normal nerve growth around there, but otherwise I should be fine." Kevak said.

Lady Jenn

"No problems detected," the computer stated as it began to work on the injury, Thompson wincing slightly.

"Computer, are there any recordings from after the ship arrived here?" he asked.

"Affirmative, there are two, one from two hours after our arrival and one 2 days afterwards."

Kevak

"Computer, could you state them please?" Kevak asked the computer.

Lady Jenn

The image of a man in a battered military uniform appeared before them, paused for a moment before beginning to play.

"My name is Captain Steven Thompson, commander of the EDF flagship the Constantine. I hope this message is never seen because I doubt you have any idea the danger is in if you do." The figure turned away from the camera for a moment before returning. "Two hours ago, while responding to a distress signal in deep space we were attacked by some kind of...I don't know what it was, but when we woke up we found ourselves millions of light years away from our original location. From pretty much the moment we arrived we have been pursued by a ship of unknown design, which is faster and more heavily armed then us. A third of my crew is already dead...Our only chance is to find whatever bought us here and try-"

The recording suddenly stopped, leaving Thompson sat their looking stunned as the computer finished the operation.

Kevak

"So where the hell are all the bodies? And wasn't there another recording?" Kevak asked more to himself then anything else. "Also was that your uncle there?"

Lady Jenn

"Yeah," he said, nodding and shaking slightly. "Show us the other recording computer." The man reappeared, now covered in cuts and bruises and with a uniform in shreds

I...well, you know who I am. I am now piloting the Constantine alone, my crew dead or having escaped to see if there's a safe planet nearby. I will evacuate once this recording is finished but I need to record this. When the enemy ship gave up I tried following it and I found...they're building a fleet, I counted at least 40 ships. I have been unable to make contact with them so I can only assume they are planning an attack. Earth must be warned, they can strike at will. Tell my wife I'm sorry, and I love her, and I hope to god this reaches Earth in time."

"That is the last known human interaction with this ship other than an escape pod being launched," the computer said as the image vanished.