Viable ~ Orignal Mutant, Sandbox with GM Events, Always Recruiting

Started by Cynadea, May 18, 2015, 11:01:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cynadea

Background
The doctor Roberto Johannes was known as one of the elite in the scientific world but more precisely in the world of cloning. He was a genius, but a sociopath. For many years, he would use in-vitro fertilization of human eggs to insert modifications into the eggs, and the more technology advanced, the more his embryos became viable. His work was kept secret and owned by Lindermann Bio Pharma, the company that had hired him. His controversial work was nor meant to see the light of day until there was a life-saving solution coming with it. It provided Dr. Johannes with all the genetic material and equipment that he needed, in a state of the art lab that grew bigger and bigger over time as more bio research such as bio-mechanics, for example, were added to the campus.

He worked for almost a decade before the first truly viable embryo, without visible malformation due to the manipulation of the egg, was grown in the laboratory and born in the cold, sterile environment. He perfected his method and discarded misshapen fetuses; he played god with no regard for his failed experiments, other than to avoid making the same mistake again. Until something happened, something that he did completely by mistake, a tremor in his hand, and all the pieces fell together just right.

What a disappointment it was when it turned out that more than three quarters of the babies appeared to be completely normal! Having no use for children without mutations, they were examined thoroughly and then were given in adoption through dubious channels. However the children were kept under loose surveillance, in case they showed latent mutations. The quarter of the babies that showed their mutations right from birth were kept in a controlled environment near the research facility. Those that showed mutations later, the not-so-normal-after-all children, were taken and brought to the campus where the children were home schooled, trained to use their abilities, studied, and eventually allowed to go out in the world to work and live, but they had to report regularly, their loyalty had to be absolute… But loyalties are fluid.

Game Rules

• Follow the Oath of the Drake
  • Game opened to every gender, and every orientation
  • 3 paragraphs per post, minimum, 3rd person and past tense
  • More than one character allowed, keep them active
  • Real people as faces, no anime or drawings
  • Use the post header in every IC post, with provided avatar
  • Post within a week of the last post of your partner
  • Please keep the GM (Aysande) in the loop if you lose interest or will not be active for a while
  • Ask the GM (Aysande) before characters do something that could expose the research
  • Participation to group events is optional, but strongly encouraged

Currently MIA, not available for  RP

Ons and Offs ~ Idea thread

Fenrir

I'm currently working on a character: Ms. Catherine Sloan.

Wants and Won'ts --  (updated 02/20)  |  Ideas and Inventions (open!)
Current CreationsApologies and Absences  -- (updated 04/26)

Angie

Alright, before I spend 10 hours working on a character sheet, I have one question. Well, two:

Question 1: I want to have shapeshifting as a mutation, but more like Mystique from X-Men, the 'look however I want' sort of thing. She might be able to look like (for example) She-Hulk, but wouldn't have any of She-Hulk's powers. Sound good?

Question 2: Do we post sheets here in this thread or PM them to you? It might be somewhere in the various threads and I'm missing it, it's faster to ask.
Avatar is by Lemonfont. Will remove it if he asks me to.

Come check the Cyberpunk Images Thread!

TheMusician

Hello!

I'm not Aysande, obviously. :P But I can tell you that you would PM character sheets to her. I can't speak for her on whether or not that power would be valid, though. Best to PM and wait for an answer. ^^
The Most Musically Music Man. *Insert monocle-bearing gentleman*

Characters: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=222634.0

Angie

Quote from: TheMusician on May 30, 2015, 09:38:16 PM
Hello!

I'm not Aysande, obviously. :P But I can tell you that you would PM character sheets to her. I can't speak for her on whether or not that power would be valid, though. Best to PM and wait for an answer. ^^

Well yeah, you don't have the tits to be her.  ;D
Avatar is by Lemonfont. Will remove it if he asks me to.

Come check the Cyberpunk Images Thread!

Cynadea

The Musician was right. CS goes to me.  I post them in the thread once they're reviewed so that I can remove the inactive ones when they fall off the game.

As for power, it's good ;)

Cynadea

Bump!

Game still growing, but could always use more people.

Cynadea

Golden Spider

Here are my O/Os: http://bit.ly/1HmHtRE 

I have taken the Oath of the Drake: http://tinyurl.com/ptea68l

Cynadea

Third post of the ooc thread for the character sheet, but the whole information about the game is in those 3 first posts.

Cynadea