Bachmann challegened to a test by high school sophomore on the constituion

Started by itsbeenfun2000, May 14, 2011, 01:15:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

itsbeenfun2000

Oniya

I like the idea in one of the comments that this should be done with all representatives - select a group of high school students to compete against them in a test on the Constitution and civics.  I think we should additionally get Bill Engvall to emcee it, and call it 'Are you smarter than a Congressman?'
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

TheGlyphstone

Oniya

Yeah, but that doesn't quite riff as well off of 'Are you smarter than a fifth grader'.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

Zakharra

Hah. If that happened, he should then ask the audiance who they'd rather have running the country. It would be a riot. Especially if the highschoolers won.   XD

Oniya

I'd tune in.  Considering the way our school district's 4th, 5th, and 6th graders did at Academic Challenge, I'm sure I could volunteer a pool of high school students, too.

Yorubi

Nah lets call it "How much BS does your congressman say?" Considering how they like to twist and distort a lot of things without knowing the context of what they are using for their argument.  ;D

Pointless Digression

The nuttiness of people like Michelle Bachman aside, it does behoove us to remember that 225 members of Congress either passed the bar exam or practiced law in their home states or both. These are not ignorant people.

Pointless Digression: What do you call a lawyer with an IQ of 50?
A: Your honor.

itsbeenfun2000

this is true pointless, however that means the rest of them didn't.

Shjade

Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

TheGlyphstone

I think he means that the rest of Congress (the ones outside of that 225-member sample) are not practicing lawyers.

Shjade

Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Zakharra

Oniya

Belle33

What an interesting move by a bold young student.  I'm impressed.  Of course, Bachmann can't possibly meet this challenge (it would be too much to hope for).  However, I really hope Ms. Bachmann does enter the presidential race, then she may feel the need to acknowledge some of her ridiculous and inaccurate statements.

Ons/Offs, Stories & Poems, Currently Not Available for RP

Noelle

I'm not too concerned about Bachmann as a viable presidential candidate. She's not strong or sane enough to run as a female candidate anyway, she's more or less perceived to be a Sarah Palin, part II, and even her presidential viability is also stunningly weak.

ReanimateMagnus

I really dislike Bachmann because she never answers the questions she is asked. I'd love to see this happen.

Yorubi

Quote from: ReanimateMagnus on May 18, 2011, 07:01:14 PM
I really dislike Bachmann because she never answers the questions she is asked. I'd love to see this happen.
I think you just described every single politician there is.  ;D

ReanimateMagnus

Quote from: Yorubi on May 18, 2011, 11:02:15 PM
I think you just described every single politician there is.  ;D

Not all, just the stereotypical ones ^^