Gender reversed Gor

Started by sciurindae, January 10, 2009, 08:02:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sciurindae

Heard someone mention this idea somewhere else and it sounded like a fun idea.

Said idea being to take the Gor setting and just flip the gender roles wholesale, women are dominate and males submissive.

Unfortunately, I'm only passingly familiar with the setting and need to get around to reading the books.

But then I could play a recently transplanted earthman who would have to learn/be taught about his new home and his place in it.

Dawg

I would say you should read Slavegirl from the series then, same scenario but you can reverse the roles.

Interesting idea though, good luck.
[tr][td]
"sEx is LikE aiR..
iTs noT reaLLy tHat imPortAnt
untiL yoU're noT geTtiNg anY.."
[/td][td]
   *******   [/td][td]
Suffering should be creative,
it should give birth to something good and lovely
 ~ Chinua Achebe
[/td][/tr][/table]

sciurindae

Thank you

hehe, wish I could claim it was all my own though :P

Dawg

No problem and good luck with it.

And remember - Thoughts without action are just that, thoughts.  So you taking action and bringing it to fruition is what really counts.
[tr][td]
"sEx is LikE aiR..
iTs noT reaLLy tHat imPortAnt
untiL yoU're noT geTtiNg anY.."
[/td][td]
   *******   [/td][td]
Suffering should be creative,
it should give birth to something good and lovely
 ~ Chinua Achebe
[/td][/tr][/table]

Thufir Hawat

Quote from: sciurindae on January 10, 2009, 08:02:03 PM
Heard someone mention this idea somewhere else and it sounded like a fun idea.

Said idea being to take the Gor setting and just flip the gender roles wholesale, women are dominate and males submissive.

Unfortunately, I'm only passingly familiar with the setting and need to get around to reading the books.

But then I could play a recently transplanted earthman who would have to learn/be taught about his new home and his place in it.
If that rocks your boat, go ahead.
Although a society of dominant women is not likely to exist for long on Gor, given the military actions and constant raiding it would have to suffer. Still, good luck finding a female dom for your game :) .
Join The System Gamers List
Request thread 1 Request thread 2
Request thread 3
ONs and OFFs
"Love is a negative form of hatred." - Roger Zelazny, This Immortal

A&A thread!

sciurindae

Thank you Dawg :)

And heh, Thufir, not like I'm suggesting a gender-switched rp involving Tleilaxu :P  That would indeed be tricky.

As for 'whether women could fight as well as men, if not better, to establish dominance.'  could aways hand-wave it as females getting a slightly bigger 'boost' in health and strength.

Do hope I find someone interested in playing a female in such a setting though.

Murphy Sez

Quote from: Thufir Hawat on January 11, 2009, 07:51:01 AM
If that rocks your boat, go ahead.
Although a society of dominant women is not likely to exist for long on Gor, given the military actions and constant raiding it would have to suffer. Still, good luck finding a female dom for your game :) .

If he flipped the roles wholesale Thufir, who would be doing the constant raiding to undermine the females position of authority?
I love to write, come dream with me.

Get to know me: O/O
Ideas, randomness, pet peeves.

sciurindae

Quote from: murphysez on January 11, 2009, 12:28:21 PM
If he flipped the roles wholesale Thufir, who would be doing the constant raiding to undermine the females position of authority?

Heh, that too :D

Thufir Hawat

Quote from: sciurindae on January 11, 2009, 11:16:33 AM
Thank you Dawg :)

And heh, Thufir, not like I'm suggesting a gender-switched rp involving Tleilaxu :P  That would indeed be tricky.

As for 'whether women could fight as well as men, if not better, to establish dominance.'  could aways hand-wave it as females getting a slightly bigger 'boost' in health and strength.

Do hope I find someone interested in playing a female in such a setting though.
I could see that as being easier, actually. Since it is a mostly artificial society anyway, it could be easier to create in a form you'd like...
Still, I agree it wouldn't be nearly as much fun ;D !

Quote from: murphysez on January 11, 2009, 12:28:21 PM
I think he means to put it on Gor. I'm prone to believe that it would be wholly different world if the roles were reversed.

Of course, you can handwave everything you wish, I'm just reminding you of some things you would have to handwave ;) !
Request thread 3
ONs and OFFs

A&A thread!

sciurindae

Quote from: Thufir Hawat on January 11, 2009, 01:24:18 PM
I could see that as being easier, actually. Since it is a mostly artificial society anyway, it could be easier to create in a form you'd like...
Still, I agree it wouldn't be nearly as much fun ;D !
*blinks* Heh, sorry, your name lead me to think you were a DUNE fan? :P :P :P  Certain aspects of Tlieilaxu technology would make such a thing much more difficult than switching gender roles in Gor :P *shifty eyed look* but then I don't want to spoil things for people :P

I think he means to put it on Gor. I'm prone to believe that it would be wholly different world if the roles were reversed.

Of course, you can handwave everything you wish, I'm just reminding you of some things you would have to handwave ;) !

Well part of the fun would be figuring out what would be slightly different, without changing it too far (other than the gender role switch obviously) ;)

Thufir Hawat

Quote from: sciurindae on January 11, 2009, 01:51:31 PM
*blinks* Heh, sorry, your name lead me to think you were a DUNE fan? :P :P :P  Certain aspects of Tlieilaxu technology would make such a thing much more difficult than switching gender roles in Gor :P *shifty eyed look* but then I don't want to spoil things for people :P

Well part of the fun would be figuring out what would be slightly different, without changing it too far (other than the gender role switch obviously) ;)
I am a fan of Dune. My point was that once you get to rely on technology in a society, you could as well design a different technology for a gender-switched variant of the same society.

Yes, that would definitely be part of the fun, I was just warning that it might get really time-consuming ;) !
Request thread 3
ONs and OFFs

A&A thread!

eavatar

Why not create your own setting instead use Gor? I mean, Gor world is very interesting, but I think a creative person can do a really interesting world around. I really would love play in a similar setting, but i am fan of "velvet glove" domination than the chains and shackles.

I really would love play a rp based on Stepford Wives, but inverse.

sciurindae

Because Gor is an interesting setting, there's nothing wrong with homebrew, but there's nothing wrong with taking an establish setting and either using it or twisting it and making it your own for an RP ;)

And your idea is interesting :)

eavatar

I know, but really what we lack are dominating girls, or someone willing to take the active role on this rps. A good rp base for a "soft" Dominating female and one or two "soft" submissive males could be the family structure. Mom, her husband and her lovely teenager son, which she abuses because her husband doesn't satisfy her totally

sciurindae

~nods~ I realize that seeking a dominating female who is also familiar with Gor is a tall order, but player's gender doesn't matter to me.

And incest doesn't really interest me :S

eavatar

That just was an idea on the drawer and it officially was trashed. if you wish we can chat by IM

sciurindae

i'm in the irc chatroom currently :)

Max

I do like this idea.  You would not have to flip the world.  There is a group called the Panther Girls, who capture and enslave men who wander into their forests.  And there is one book, Fighting Slave of Gor, I think that is the title, where a man from Earth happens to get involved in the kidnapping of his girlfriends.  He is kidnapped as well, and sold into slavery.  So, it is possible for a male to be enslaved on a regular Gor.

But, I like the idea of a flipped world. 
"Are you into whips and chains too?"
"No, chainsaws."  (just kidding)

Ons and offs:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=4738.new#new

eavatar

Well, I was chatting with the topic creator and I came with an idea about a Stepford like community, but with a twist, the whole town looks like the gender roles are inversed and nobody seems to care if it is different or not.

I was thinking if you would like join us, maybe to tell a story about 2 couples who moved to this strange city

Max

Am not sure if you were talking to me or not.  I would be interested in the idea of a reversed Stepford Wives game, but know nothing about it. 

But, my point earlier was there were instances of females owning males.  The book I mentioned has the male from Earth being sold as a pleasure slave, called a silk slave in the book.  So, it would seem that there is something of a market.  Not a big one, but there nonetheless.

And the Panther Girls do capture and enslave men.  Not that they keep them long, usually trade them off for goods and candies. 
"Are you into whips and chains too?"
"No, chainsaws."  (just kidding)

Ons and offs:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=4738.new#new

eavatar

Pixilicious

*peeks in* Excuse me, gentlemen..And scurindae, please forgive the further hijacking of your thread.  I would be interested in the Stepford idea  that you all were talking about.  I just had  a question are you looking for women that are necessarily mean and sadistic Dommes?  Like I mentioned, I am interested in the idea, and I just wanted to get an idea of what kind of character is being sought.  I'm not really the mean type, and if I recall from the movie, there wasn't much violence going on there, but it's entirely possible I am missing something.  Anyways, let me know..I certainly can't let all of you guys have all the fun, now can I?  *winks and leaves cookies for the guys as she scampers out*
Be a girl with a mind.  A woman with attitude. A lady with class

sciurindae

Heh, well at least said hijacking is serving as to bump the thread.

And no nice and kind Dommes, like those who treat their subs akin to pets or the like, are nice :)

Could even have a nice-ish (if stern) Domme in Gor I imagine.