Halo: A shot in the dark

Started by Gladiator0161, August 18, 2010, 08:17:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gladiator0161

I don't know how much roleplaying experience you have but, here's what I suggest.

1stly, not to be mean but, you might want to start with getting approved first.

Then I'd focus on making a character, his personality, his favored weapons, and his background, instead of just posting on the fly. It doesn't usually work for threads such as this.

Playing an ODST is fine btw, and if/when you are approved, to make things easy, have your character go through the drop, explain your characters actions over the last two days, try to be a little realistic please, and then meet up with Spartan Adelaine and Private Matthew Fry.

I hope that I haven't offended you in any way and that your approval is speedy :)

Hunter Phoenix

It's all good, you are allowed to take part in the non adult RP's while you are waiting to be approved, we haven't got a problem with that, we are just being cautious to make sure you aren't part way through the RP and becoming part of the group only for you to be unapproved and removed from the site. It's just a precaution, otherwise we would be happy to take you on.
Where Will A Creature Of Darkness Hide If Not In The Shadows Of The Night.

Hunter Phoenix

That would be down to Gladiator, not sure when he will be on though haha
Where Will A Creature Of Darkness Hide If Not In The Shadows Of The Night.

Gladiator0161

I just got through replying to another Halo thread that started back up. Me and SilkenVoice are doing kind of a survival thing in a thread called Halo: Crash Landing. It's just between me and her though, if anyone wants to check it out, I won't mind. There's even a hint to what's coming up in Shot in the Dark :D

I'm glad you didn't take offense to what I said Vamfire Havain, and what Hunter Phoenix said is spot on for my reasoning. However, since you're willing to play a lone wolf until you are approved, I see no harm in letting you join. If you have something already in mind, go ahead and post it :)

The Golden Touch

There are no guarantees ever that you will make it through the approval process. It will be difficult, considering it can and probably will take 72 plus hours for you even see a ruling by staff. I would know, I was a mentor at one time.

What kind of lone wolf plot do you have going that you can carry on for that long?

"Yesterday was the easy day."
Ideas (Open) /What Floats My Boat\ Absences

ashia starstreak

I did my own thing for awhile on the halo thread, I enjoyed it because it gave people a view of what I was bringing so they knew what to kind of expect from my characters :) I must admit though..keeping track of several of my own characters is difficult without having the aid of an actual pc! I manage, but could do better if I had the money to afford internet outside of my cell phone.

"A knight in shining armor is a man who has never had his metal truly tested."

Vengurd

Rawr. Not much of a post this time around. Things going on in life and about mid-way through the first paragraph I managed to obtain a headache.

EDIT.

Saw Gladiator's post and had to get in another one, miraculously I was able to churn out a rather....interesting post. Don't sweat it though, I doubt I will ever really kill of Patric.

TyKing

Hey Ven, my character (PFC Fry) is a combat engineer/technician who is rated on MJOLNIR armor, he will be able to get your suit functioning again if you want. If you have other plans I understand.

Has anyone ever read the Halo novels? Doesn't the MJOLNIR armor have some kind of anti-septic foam it injects in a Spartan's injuries that also seal them and keep them from bleeding out? Or does that stuff have to be applied by a medic?

Vengurd

Thanks TyKing. Yes, the armor does have that if I remember, I knew it had a few things but couldn't remember and I have been in a sort of funk lately so I tried to be a bit general about things when the wound came up. This is pretty much my way of slinking back into the background for a while. If ya'll do happen to find Patric he will be out cold, no way to really wake him up until I decide to come back in. That and the wounds are likely pretty major considering what he just went through.

Tell ya' what though, you find him, you can patch up the armor if you want. :P Patric will be really appreciative.

ashia starstreak

Quote from: TyKing on May 22, 2012, 03:58:39 AM
Hey Ven, my character (PFC Fry) is a combat engineer/technician who is rated on MJOLNIR armor, he will be able to get your suit functioning again if you want. If you have other plans I understand.

Has anyone ever read the Halo novels? Doesn't the MJOLNIR armor have some kind of anti-septic foam it injects in a Spartan's injuries that also seal them and keep them from bleeding out? Or does that stuff have to be applied by a medic?

Yes, but it is a specific MJOLNIR suit. When I get off work, I will give you the description of that armor. I happen to be a huge Halo nerd and did buy the encyclopedia. Haven't read it all, but I did skim through that area so I'll tell you about it if you'd like, but only after I get off work.

TyKing

Quote from: ashia starstreak on May 22, 2012, 11:28:47 AM
Yes, but it is a specific MJOLNIR suit. When I get off work, I will give you the description of that armor. I happen to be a huge Halo nerd and did buy the encyclopedia. Haven't read it all, but I did skim through that area so I'll tell you about it if you'd like, but only after I get off work.

No problem. I'm not in any great hurry. :)

ashia starstreak

"MARK VI ARMOR

By the end of 2552, the standard Mark VI was the zenith of the MJOLNIR project, carrying over the culmination of AI piggy-backing integration from Mark V, while adding several significant upgrades. The armor's enhanced shielding against direct plasma impact, its operator intel upgrades ( radar, stealth, motion sensor thermal etc.), and its on-board biofoam injection system all pushed MJOLNIR well beyond the limitation threshold of Mark V. This platform also carried over, by default, some of the most critical armor variations seen in the previous generation.

PRODUCTION GENERATIONS: Mark VI
"

quoted from the encyclopedia. The biofoam injection system is located on the right bicep.

Sushi

If it alright if I use that little scene with the Warthog to get Valkyrie to join in?

On a random note, don't Banshees have fuel rod guns in place of missiles?
"—in any other circumstance, you might have had a point there. Except my boss is a woman, I was a chick in the 40's, I hate everyone equally, and there's no one alive who can comprehend my sexual preference."

Vengurd

I think that is what Gladiator meant when he said missiles. Fuel rods are technically the Covenant's counterpart to the UNSC missile launchers and rockets.

Gladiator0161

@ Sushi: Yeah, they do but, when you play the games or read the books, they refer to them as Banshee Bombs (Halo games 1 through 3 and ODST) or Banshee Missiles (Halo Reach).

As for getting Valkyrie to join in because of the Warthog scene, that's fine but, let me post one for time before you do, I have something special in mind for how Gladiator gets off the bridge. It'll be more significant for the character than anything, kind of a realization on how close he was to actually dying that time as he skims the edge of his limit, lol.

@ Vampire Havain: In ODST the troopers were stranded in New Mombasa, not New York City. Easy mistake to make though, they both look alot alike :)

Gladiator0161

Oh ok. Yes. didn't you read atleast the first page of this rp? It was all explained in there.

Vengurd

Obviously not, another reason unapproved generally aren't allowed to join this Rp. There are the section rules that generally say you can join a Rp, but they also state that it is the Roleplay Author/Dm/Whatever's choice to allow or deny people participation within their roleplay.

Clearing that up since you seemed to take offence to being told no, you can't join until you are approved.

The Golden Touch

You can always read time and time again. I always refer to first posts, character posts and other things to make sure my information is as accurate as possible. Memory isn't require since the information is readily available, and therefore only an excuse.

The Golden Touch

Slow phone equals counter productive to posting consistency and clarity of understanding of information. It's not entirely condusive. It may be best to limit yourself to your computer, since your phone is not built to handle something of this magnitude.

The Golden Touch

Responsibility before play. I am in the military and bust my ass, trust me. I also know that once I'm done with my 'adult' life then I can come here and catch up. No fuss, no muss. Responsibility is a bitch, ain't it?

Sushi

I got approved like six hours after the 72 hour trial period. If you're got a mind for it, you'll get approved easy-peasy. And then you can just RP at your leisure. No need for arguing or whatnot~
"—in any other circumstance, you might have had a point there. Except my boss is a woman, I was a chick in the 40's, I hate everyone equally, and there's no one alive who can comprehend my sexual preference."

The Golden Touch

You're the only unapproved person here, so I can only imagine it is probably you. I cannot say that mindset has anything to do with a staff ruling. There are no for sures in the approval process only maybes or ifs.

Vengurd

If you haven't noticed...A play-by-post roleplay is there so people don't have to instantly reply 24/7 much like an IM roleplay. Case in point, the actual roleplay is what, five, six pages and has been going on for how long exactly? If I recall, it is going somewhere on a year (or two, I don't recall exactly and thus my estimate might be off by a few months either way). Slow down, take things easy and be patient. Do as Golden touch said and wait until you are near a computer to get on and check things. It is that simple and it allows you to check the information at need rather than using a slow phone.

Really, this all sounds like a personal problem and can be easily remedied. People who go to school and are actually responsible generally wait until they are finished with the school day and devote two, three hours to catching up, then promptly getting off. Same with people who have to work and are responsible.

Golden Touch, you have my respect, anyone in the armed forces at least deserves it. On another note I have one other thing to say. I literally stop what I am doing and go O.O every time I see your profile. :3

Lilias

Quote from: Sushi on May 23, 2012, 11:56:12 PM
I got approved like six hours after the 72 hour trial period. If you're got a mind for it, you'll get approved easy-peasy. And then you can just RP at your leisure. No need for arguing or whatnot~

The approval team takes a lot of factors into consideration when deciding on an application. It is not just a matter of sticking it out. Please do not make assumptions. It's rather cruel to promise someone approval without being involved in the decision.
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Mar 30) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

Sushi

Sorry, I didn't mean to say that at all .___.