Broken Bonds: Sentinel & Guide || LGBT Friendly, Alt Earth - Recruiting!

Started by Stygia, June 15, 2014, 03:53:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vael the Destroyer

Dotley

Calling all rebels, freedom fighters, intellectual revolutionaries, or anarchists!
Broken Bonds is currently in need of some characters to engage in active defiance against the authority of London Tower.

So if you’ve got an idea for a character that has a bone to pick with the Tower or the government in general now is a great time to join. While any character with Resistance loyalty would be lovely to see be aware that the Resistance faction known as Siege is currently in dire need of some new blood!

Siege is a relatively new faction of the Resistance that has been created by the characters Elliot Lee and Claus Sayer. Siege can be considered an academic and ideological arm of the Resistance. The activities and projects that can be attributed to this faction are overwhelmingly nonviolent and erudite in tone and practice. Siege resistance focuses on harnessing cultural and intellectual power to discredit the authority of the Tower, challenge unjust laws, and encourage widespread civil resistance within London and the United Kingdom at large. Through academic articles and journalism exposés Siege reveals the corruption and systematic abuse people suffer within and under the shadow of the Tower. Siege can be credited with making anti-Tower and pro-Resistance texts popular and available for free on the internet.

Siege would love to welcome Resistance inclined scholars, academics, intellectuals, writers, editors, artists, readers, hackers, or others inclined to (usually) nonviolent activities against the Tower. If you're interested in creating a character to join Siege please post in this thread or PM both Dotley and Ultimategeek.

O&O's || A&A's

"I don’t use people for stories.
I use stories to express my feelings for people."

jetblackmirror

Quote from: Dotley on November 29, 2014, 02:57:47 PM

Calling all rebels, freedom fighters, intellectual revolutionaries, or anarchists!
Broken Bonds is currently in need of some characters to engage in active defiance against the authority of London Tower.

So if you’ve got an idea for a character that has a bone to pick with the Tower or the government in general now is a great time to join. While any character with Resistance loyalty would be lovely to see be aware that the Resistance faction known as Siege is currently in dire need of some new blood!

Siege is a relatively new faction of the Resistance that has been created by the characters Elliot Lee and Claus Sayer. Siege can be considered an academic and ideological arm of the Resistance. The activities and projects that can be attributed to this faction are overwhelmingly nonviolent and erudite in tone and practice. Siege resistance focuses on harnessing cultural and intellectual power to discredit the authority of the Tower, challenge unjust laws, and encourage widespread civil resistance within London and the United Kingdom at large. Through academic articles and journalism exposés Siege reveals the corruption and systematic abuse people suffer within and under the shadow of the Tower. Siege can be credited with making anti-Tower and pro-Resistance texts popular and available for free on the internet.

Siege would love to welcome Resistance inclined scholars, academics, intellectuals, writers, editors, artists, readers, hackers, or others inclined to (usually) nonviolent activities against the Tower. If you're interested in creating a character to join Siege please post in this thread or PM both Dotley and Ultimategeek.

^YAAAS

Also, unrelated: Is it possible for a Guide and Sentinel to interact sexually with no bond taking place? Or even being close friends for that matter? I would assume there's ~things~ on both sides that would have to take place for a bond to happen, right?
𝙳𝚒𝚊𝚖𝚘𝚗𝚍𝚜 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚝𝚛𝚎𝚎𝚜,
𝚙𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚊𝚐𝚛𝚊𝚖𝚜 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝚜𝚔𝚢.

Stygia

Quote from: jetblackmirror on November 29, 2014, 03:03:52 PM
^YAAAS

Also, unrelated: Is it possible for a Guide and Sentinel to interact sexually with no bond taking place? Or even being close friends for that matter? I would assume there's ~things~ on both sides that would have to take place for a bond to happen, right?

While it's *possible* it would have to be between a pairing that is already incompatible for bonding, and no biting allowed. Here's the Bonding page of the wiki to give you a better idea of the bonding process. There is a certain level of active participation when establishing a bond, but there is much more going on chemically/hormonally to produce the link between Sentinel and Guide for the completion of a successful bond, which can't be controlled.

Dotley

Echoing what Stygia has said! Also going to add that platonic bonds are also a thing as well. It is possible for a Guide and Sentinel to bond without engaging in sex (though the bite still needs to occur).
O&O's || A&A's

"I don’t use people for stories.
I use stories to express my feelings for people."

jetblackmirror

Quote from: Stygia on November 29, 2014, 03:08:52 PM
While it's *possible* it would have to be between a pairing that is already incompatible for bonding, and no biting allowed. Here's the Bonding page of the wiki to give you a better idea of the bonding process. There is a certain level of active participation when establishing a bond, but there is much more going on chemically/hormonally to produce the link between Sentinel and Guide for the completion of a successful bond, which can't be controlled.

Yeah, I read through that guy. :P Wasn't quite sure if I missed something so I figured I'd ask.
𝙳𝚒𝚊𝚖𝚘𝚗𝚍𝚜 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚝𝚛𝚎𝚎𝚜,

Vael the Destroyer

Player Username : AShatteredSymphony67
Player Preferences : No preferences, I enjoy everyone!
Sentinel and Guide Preferences : Same-sex bonding preferred. Phoenix would work better with a Guide that he is romantically involved with, that he can trust more than anyone.

Full Name : Phoenix Nathaniel McNally
Codename and Nicknames : Codename: Blondie Nicknames: Nix, Nate, or McNally
Age and Birthdate : 26 April 23rd
Marital Status : Single

Sentinel, Guide or Normal? Sentinel, Unbonded
Alliance : Tower
Spirit Animal : A female Ocelot named Winry.

Height : 6’2”
Body Type: Athletically skinny
Hair : Dark blonde on the sides, bleached up top
Eyes : Blue
Distinguishing Features : Various tattoos littered over most of his body (mostly chest, arms, back, and left leg). An amazing beard.
Anything else? Nipple piercings.

Likes : People, Affection, Animals of all kinds, Italian food, Cuddling, Anything with bacon or sausage, Being tickled, Grilled cheese sandwiches
Dislikes : Beef, Prison, Guyliner, Not having a beard, Having no friends, Being anger prone, One-night stands, Being called by his full first name, His brother, Death

Personality : Phoenix isn’t like most other Sentinels. Sure, he has his anger issues, however he is very good at hiding them. From the time that he was starting to show that he was a Sentinel - just like his older brother Luca - Phoenix decided that he wanted to be different than his brother. Even without a guide, Phoenix can keep himself in check most of the time. However when there is something that pushes him over the edge, he needs someone to pull him back in before he does something irrational and stupid. If someone can’t get to him in time, more than likely Phoenix could harm someone beyond repair and then kill himself with the guilt later on.

Phoenix feels very deeply. Everything that others say or do to him can either rip apart at his soul or make him feel like the happiest man on Earth. Even as a child he was like that, and most of that was because his father was a very compassionate person. His brother on the other hand was not. Phoenix uses his brother Luca as a representation of everything he doesn’t want to be, so with that in mind he tries his hardest to be as nice to everyone as he possibly can be. Phoenix has the tendency to open the door for little old ladies, or attractive men or do other chivalrous things that other people don’t. He also enjoys cooking for his friends and helping everyone else that needs help. As much of a sweetheart as Phoenix is, when he’s being taken advantage of the roles quickly switch and the other side of Phoenix comes out that is less pleasant to be around, so try to stay in good with him.

Though Phoenix is with the Tower, he doesn’t completely agree with everything they do and it weighs on him, so it isn’t unusual to find him sitting alone from time-to-time so he can be left alone with his own thoughts. All-in-all, Phoenix knows that he has it good with the Tower, he just doesn’t want anyone to be captured against their own will if they don’t want to be part of what the tower stands for. Regardless, he does his job and keeps his mouth shut, not speaking to anyone about the frustrations he holds inside most of the time that are slowly starting to build up, and he just hopes that it doesn’t lead to him exploding any time soon.

History : Phoenix Nathaniel McNally and his brother Luca McNally were left by their parents after Phoenix was around two weeks old and Luca had just turned six. They were thrown into foster care and quickly picked up by a loving same-sex family, Michael and Keenan. Luca didn’t take as well to the men who adopted them, however dealt with it because he knew that he would just go back into foster care. It was hard for Michael and Keenan to handle Luca when he started to show that he was a Sentinel. His outbursts of anger usually left either one of their loving parents with bruises. At the age of sixteen they kicked Luca out, however let him come by to visit his younger brother every once in a while so they didn’t lose contact.

Phoenix had never been a big fan of his brother, especially since he was afraid of Luca who had always been quite a bit bigger than him. Phoenix stood at six foot two inches when he was full grown, however Luca came in right around six foot five and was twice as wide as his younger brother and twice as strong, so it was natural for Phoenix to be afraid of his older brother.

At the age of seventeen Phoenix lost both of his adopted parents in a car accident while he was at school studying after hours. They were on their way to pick him up and were t-boned by a large truck, killing them instantly. The only thing that Phoenix could do was go live with his brother until he was old enough to turn himself into the Tower despite his brother’s advice not to. Luca was a rogue sentinel and wanted his younger brother to follow in his own footsteps, but Phoenix didn’t want to follow his brother, he just wanted to be safe and away from the frightening man who held him down beneath his thumb.

Once Phoenix turned eighteen he had gotten involved in his brothers drug running business and got caught up in a deal that was shut down by the police that then arrested him. He knew that it wasn’t going to end well for him. He was facing a long stint in prison that he didn’t want to face, so he took a plea bargain. If he was to join the Tower then all the charges would be dropped. He took it without complicating things any further and even dropped some information about his brother on the side, hoping that the authorities would catch him and lock him up for good.

Eight years later, Phoenix is now part of the Tower Police Force as one of the many that finds rogue Guides and lets the Tower know about them. Sometimes it allows him to vent his frustrations, and other times it just adds to them. Either way, Phoenix plans on staying in good with the Tower so that he can stay safe and away from his brother that might still be out there, looking for the little brother that turned him into the authorities. It’s also a good opportunity to find a Guide to match up with, that could fill not only the empty spot in his bed, but the empty spot in his heart, and keep him from exploding and doing something stupid that could cost him his job and his life.

Sexuality : Homosexual
Sexual On's : Phoenix likes passion and is a switch hitter. He loves the romantic mushy gushy love stuff, but can also get rough with it if he’s feeling up to it. Pretty vanilla though. Not really into bondage. Biting is possible if he is bonded with that person. Definite scent marking if he’s with a guide.
Sexual Off's : Scat, blood, vore, bathroom play.
Are you comfortable with Non-Consensual Activities with your character? More than likely not. Phoenix is a sensitive guy, so Non-con things would probably break his heart. However, you can PM me and try to convince me and it might work.
Are you alright with sexual activities beyond your character's stated sexuality? No thank you. Phoenix only likes the penis.

Anything Else? Did I mention that he’s a huge sweetheart?

More Phoenix

jetblackmirror

May add more. But for now, here's ma bby's! Also, lemme know if anything needs to be tweaked or changed!

Jasper Creiden
Player Username : Jetblackmirror
Player Preferences : I love every color of the rainbow and the people in it. :)
Sentinel and Guide Preferences : Would prefer a romantic/sexual bond with a Sentinel of any sex. This guy's not picky. :P A platonic bond would also be ok.
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Though he is currently bonded, it really isn't meant to be permanent. I would really love to eventually pair him up with someone else. -cough-may or may not have his eye on a certain Mikhail Sokolov.-cough- ::)

Full Name : Jasper Creiden
Codename and Nicknames : Natalie affectionately sometimes refers to him as Sugar-lumps but he's really hoping that isn't a trend that catches on. But, Jas is acceptable.
Age and Birthdate : 26, Sept. 18th
Marital Status : Uh... it's complicated.

Sentinel, Guide or Normal?: Bonded Rogue Guide
Occupation : Acting as a current medic/doctor-type person for normals, Sentinels, and Guides of the rogue variety. Mostly helps patch up pit-fighters.
Alliance : Viva La Resistance! But could have Tower ties under the right circumstances. Still very much not aligned with them.
Spirit Animal : A Beagle named Bastion. Spends most of his time napping and smelling butts. However, he does have a knack for leading Jas places that always seem to be for a reason, even if that reason isn't known right away.
[/i]

Height : 6'3
Body Type: Muscular without getting too carried away.
Hair : Dirty blonde, kept short and often just buzzes it off when it gets too unruly.
Eyes : Sky blue with a burst of vivid gold around the pupils.
Distinguishing Features : A scar about an inch long on the left side of his jaw. A casualty of working with lots of rowdy Sentinels.
Anything else? Nothing I can think of. May change!

Likes : Reading, tea, music, taking things apart and putting them back together, taking care of people, Bastion, helping where he can.
Dislikes : Fighting rings though it's where he spends most of his time - but he tries to offer his help to help the injured, knowing most people there are just trying to make money. The Tower, corrupt assholes, the belief that certain people's lives are more valuable than others, deep water.

Personality : Jasper is grounded, compassionate, loyal, and a bit of a nerd. The idea of learning something new makes him giddy and often takes on multiple projects that he (somehow) manages to complete. Nothing makes him feel more gratified than helping someone out; whether it be patching someone up or calming a Sentinel down. While he believes the best way to work out issues should be through peaceful matters, he understands that sometimes people need to be given a taste of their own medicine.

History : Originally from the united states, Jasper and his family moved to London when he was six. His father was a surgeon and was offered a pretty damn good position from the Tower. Jasper spent a lot of his childhood reading over his father's studies and textbooks and became quite captivated in the world of medicine. Jasper was 21 - in his fourth year of medical school - when he presented as a Guide. The sudden and unexpected change flipped his life upside down. After all, most people had all ready presented by the time they were 18. Late bloomers happened but Jasper had never thought he might fall into that small percentage. One thing was for certain that he did not want to turn himself over to the Tower where they could glorify their protection while also doing a damn good job of stripping him of his rights and other freedoms. He left school and slipped into a more underground life style, finding ways to make money with the skills he had along the way.

He has made his way in and out of money groups; helping the Resistance and offering his aid where ever fit. Within the past year he met Natalie (one of those moments when Bastion led him somewhere he needed to be) - a young Sentinel who's quite the firecracker and was just trying to fit in where ever she could. The two quickly became friends - him aiding in keeping her out of trouble. Well, the best he could. It seemed the littlest things could set her off. It became obvious early on that to keep her from drawing too much attention the best solution was for them to bond. It was a bit reluctant on both sides - seeing as while they made great friends... well, her emotions still managed to get the best of her even with him there to soothe her. None-the-less, the thought of him loosing her was a painful one with or without the bond. It was hard to come by people who you could trust - let alone love on some level.

Sexuality : Very much Bisexual. No preference one way or another. Completely capable of having sexual interactions or relationships with any gender.
Sexual On's : Rough sex, gentle sex, giving/receiving oral, Anal on the giving end of things, Fiesty lovers.
Sexual Off's : My general off's - None of the more brutal or socially unacceptable kinks.
Are you comfortable with Non-Consensual Activities with your character? Jasper would never engage in assaulting another character. However, if you have any ideas involving him being on the receiving end of things lemme know. ;)
Are you alright with sexual activities beyond your character's stated sexuality? His sexuality leaves a world of options. :P

Anything Else? Uhm, well, as I mentioned I would eventually like for his bond with Natalie to no longer be a thing. Mostly because I like putting my characters through emotional traumas. >:)

More Jas!
Natalie Duncan
Player Username : Jetblackmirror
Player Preferences : I love every color of the rainbow and the people in it. :)
Sentinel and Guide Preferences : This lady needs to bond with a Guide that can handle her. No, really, good luck.

Full Name : Natalie Duncan
Codename and Nicknames : Nat, Firecracker.
Age and Birthdate : 19, May 4th.
Marital Status : Oh uhm... well. Jasper's sort of a thing.

Sentinel, Guide or Normal?: Bonded Rogue Sentinel
Alliance : With the Resistance type peoples.
Spirit Animal : A Grey-headed Canary she often calls a flury of swear words. But it's real name is Lottey. Natalie thinks she's pretty useless if not useless.
[/i]

Height : 5'5
Body Type: Slim - Athletic.
Hair : A mess of sandy reddish-brown waves that fall just past her shoulderblades.
Eyes : They range from a turquoise blue to a seafoam sort of hue.
Distinguishing Features :
Tattoo on her right hip

Anything else? She may be little but she is very... spirited. ;)

Likes : Resting bitch face, fighting, fire, pain, men who can handle her, taking control, compliments(she is a lady, after all), making things difficult for the Tower.
Dislikes : Spiders, cauliflower, people with no backbone, "whimps", being told who to do, losing, being alone.

Personality : Natalie is a complicated girl. Beneath many, MANY, hardened walls there is a sweet and loving person hidden away. Once you have earned her trust she is loyal to the end - unless of course you screw her over, then you're fucked. It's easier to be angry. She often is unimpressed and unapproachable, quick to be defensive, and likely to throw the first punch.

History : Natalie had a fairly average childhood - nothing too big other than the usual bumps and bruises. While her parents never had much money, they always at least had enough money for food. Her real problem was school and interacting socially in general. She was always in fights and going against the orders of her teachers. This led to a lot of suspensions, being expelled twice and her leaving school completely before she was 16. Of course, a lot of this had to do with the fact that she offically presented as a Sentinel at the age of 14. She never could get a hold of her emotions, and it seemed the slightest thing set her off. The way someone tapped their foot, or the way someone even seemed to glance in her direction. It was hard on her parents, which is why on the day she turned 18 they had no problem with trying to force her to check in with the Tower (as she should have, right?). Natalie, of course, did not agree with them.

She left home and began making money in her own ways. Fighting seemed like the perfect way to do so. She didn't always win, but it was a great way to relieve some tension, none-the-less. Everything changed when she met Jasper, though. She'll never forget the Beagle that padded up to her ever so sweetly as she rinsed blood out of her mouth behind an old warehouse and nudged against her. Then Jasper rounded the corner and... things got easier for a moment. She tried for a very long time to not let Jasper know she liked him as much as she did. He became her best friend and as much as she fought it, it really was best to bond with him. For both their sakes. Even then, there were moments when he couldn't handle her - or it took a hell of a lot longer than it should. She tired him out so quickly and she knew it was because while they made great friends, their compatibility at a bonded level really wasn't the best. But, it wasn't as though their was a vast amount of options.

Sexuality : Heterosexual/Bi-curious
Sexual On's : She likes it rough and wild. Anyone who can get her to submit gets a great big, gold star and probably a killer blowjob.
Sexual Off's : My general off's - None of the more brutal or socially unacceptable kinks.
Are you comfortable with Non-Consensual Activities with your character? You might end up with some broken/detached limbs but you're welcome to try.
Are you alright with sexual activities beyond your character's stated sexuality? F/F is a possibility - but probably nothing more than a one-night stand type deal.

Anything Else? Same little blurb I wrote for Jas.

More Natalie!
𝙳𝚒𝚊𝚖𝚘𝚗𝚍𝚜 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚝𝚛𝚎𝚎𝚜,

Stygia

Oooh Thanks Jet!

Dotley and I will look over all three of the new darlings, possibly tomorrow and will send out PM's regarding any changes or tweaks that may need made.  :)

Stygia

Mini GM Announcement

Heya all! For anyone currently considering new characters now or in the future please be aware that we'd love to see characters in the following positions.

• Guide Trainer
  • Guide Hunters
  • Guide Care Assistant (junior or senior position)
  • Members for the Siege Resistance faction

Caehlim

Hi there, I'd like to get involved with this group game. I've heard some really great things about it, I've been reading through all the information and tried to figure out the setting even though I don't have any previous familiarity with it. I've created a Guide Hunter character who hopefully can fit into the game.

Troy Latnov
Player Username : Caehlim
Player Preferences : I'm a rainbow writer.
Sentinel and Guide Preferences : Same-sex bonding preferred (sexual or platonic), Troy will only bond with a willing guide.

Full Name : Troy Latnov
Codename and Nicknames : Frost (partly a physical description of his blonde hair, pale skin and grey eyes but more referring to his lack of emotion).
Age and Birthdate : Twenty-five, born on the seventh of September

Sentinel, Guide or Normal? Unbonded Sentinel
Alliance : Works for Tower.
Spirit Animal : American Black bear, when Troy sees him though he always appears to be bound by heavy chains and a collar, covered in scars that can be seen through the fur.

Height : 6'1"
Body Type: Athletic build.
Hair : Blonde, short and neat.
Eyes : Grey
Distinguishing Features : Has a tattoo of a bear on his left shoulder-blade, scars from several bullet wounds on his front and back on the right side of his chest, a long knife scar on his right upper arm.
Anything else? Would usually be more clean-shaven than in the picture.

Likes : Coffee, feeling safe enough to relax, classical music, quiet surroundings, being out in nature, enjoying someone's company in silence, making people happy, listening to other people's problems or being there for them when they're sad.
Dislikes : Losing control, Being forced to talk about his feelings, Alcohol or other drugs that lower inhibitions, Being confined, Doctors, Being in a hospital, Wild parties, Harm coming to children and Torture.

Personality : Troy has a cold professional demeanour which is especially heightened when he is around people from Tower, he tends to be a man of few words and remains on focus with the task at hand. He constantly hides his emotions and tries to restrict them as much as possible. This is the result of the "therapy" he endured at a young age. However he actually remains quite compassionate and caring about others, even if he has a hard time showing it. When he can't bring himself to talk about his feelings, he likes to show them in other ways for example by doing small favours for people he cares about.

He acts most of the time as though he's completely 'by the book', especially when it comes to reporting any abusive behaviour or corruption that he witnesses. However he is willing to turn a blind eye where there's an action done to help someone else or done out of compassion. Most people don't expect this from him because of the way he usually acts which helps him to keep these things secret.

History : Troy was young, only twelve, when his sentinel abilities first manifested and they developed so quickly that he was completely unable to control them. His senses would frequently heighten without him attempting it and he was often overwhelmed by them. He couldn't sleep without wearing a blindfold and earplugs. Between his heightened senses and animal instincts he couldn't concentrate in school and it was growing harder and harder to interact with others without aggression taking over. Although his parents were both normal, they recognized that he was a sentinel. They were worried about him, unsure if he would even remain sane and stable long enough to receive proper training at Tower.

Reaching out to others who had dealt with similar problems they were eventually recommended to see Carlos Voight, a shady figure who some parents claimed had achieved great results for their extremely troubled children. The "Doctor" (who had been stripped of his medical license a long time ago) used brutal methods in forcing Troy to contain and control his abilities. Medical sounding phrasing like "aversion therapy" and "stimulus control" concealed what amounted to torture to stop Troy from using his senses and to restrain his instincts as much as possible. He came out of the doctor's training much more disciplined and in control but also emotionally scarred.

Going to the Tower frightened him, since he often imagined that their techniques would be similar to the training that he had gone through. However his parents early inquiries meant that the Tower was fully aware of his nature as a sentinel. He wasn't able to bring himself to go on the run to avoid it and so voluntarily turned himself in as soon as he turned eighteen. To his surprise though, the Tower's training was nowhere near what he had gone through before and actually helped him recover and embrace his abilities rather than constantly suppressing them. He started to see his spirit animal again, something which hadn't happened since before his training. His bear though showed the physical signs of his emotional scarring and the way he had forcefully controlled his abilities led him to see the bear as chained and shackled whenever he saw it.

He joined the hunter program because he knew that the Tower was better than many of the alternatives that were out on the street and believed that guides and sentinels were dangerous without proper control and training. To his mind he was rescuing rogues and bringing them home, not arresting them and viewed their attempts to fight back as being merely frightened and out of control. After a few years of experience he is aware of some of the troubling facets of the Tower, but prefers to try to reform the organization through legitimate channels rather than going into outright rebellion. He thinks that the world needs the Tower, and that getting rid of it would do much more harm than good. However he's strongly in favour of any attempt to remove corruption or report any abuse of power.

One thing he particularly doesn't like about how guides are treated is involuntarily bonding, he knows it's part of the system and something he can't do much about. He wants a guide himself, someone who can help him control his instincts without the constant painful mental discipline he has to endure. However he has deliberately fought against bonding with people who didn't feel something for him, even when he could sense that they were compatible. He wants to find a guide who truly wants to be bonded with him, something which hasn't happened yet and has stalled his advancement within the tower hierarchy.

Sexuality : Gay.
Sexual On's : (Versatile, but prefers topping): Rough consensual sex, passion, playful bondage, intimacy (with someone he trusts enough), affection, biting, licking and smelling.
Sexual Off's : Sadism, inflicting injury, humiliation, dirty-talk and NC.
Are you comfortable with Non-Consensual Activities with your character? Would not inflict NC activity on another, but I am open to him receiving it so long as it's discussed with me.
Are you alright with sexual activities beyond your character's stated sexuality? Yes, I'm comfortable with it.

Anything Else? I'm not familiar with the setting so I'd welcome any feedback if I've misunderstood anything.
My home is not a place, it is people.
View my Ons and Offs page.

View my (new)Apologies and Absences thread or my Ideas thread.

Stygia

Caehlim! You're more than welcome, and Troy looks fantastic! (I used this guy's faceclaim in my first days on E and I have a sincere fondness for him, he's delicious.) I'll confirm approval with Dotley tomorrow and send you a PM with all the helpful links. :)

Caehlim

Great. I don't actually know who the man is for the faceclaim, I found him by a google search for "tough looking male models" but he's certainly delicious. The intense grey eyes on such a beautiful guy inspired a lot of the idea behind the character's backstory as well.

jetblackmirror

Quote from: Caehlim on December 18, 2014, 02:16:19 AM
Hi there, I'd like to get involved with this group game. I've heard some really great things about it, I've been reading through all the information and tried to figure out the setting even though I don't have any previous familiarity with it. I've created a Guide Hunter character who hopefully can fit into the game.

Troy Latnov
Sentinel and Guide Preferences : Same-sex bonding preferred (sexual or platonic), Troy will only bond with a willing guide.

Codename and Nicknames : Frost (partly a physical description of his blonde hair, pale skin and grey eyes but more referring to his lack of emotion).

Spirit Animal : American Black bear, when Troy sees him though he always appears to be bound by heavy chains and a collar, covered in scars that can be seen through the fur.

Distinguishing Features : Has a tattoo of a bear on his left shoulder-blade, scars from several bullet wounds on his front and back on the right side of his chest, a long knife scar on his right upper arm.

Likes : Coffee, feeling safe enough to relax, classical music, quiet surroundings, being out in nature, enjoying someone's company in silence, making people happy, listening to other people's problems or being there for them when they're sad.
Dislikes : Losing control, Being forced to talk about his feelings, Alcohol or other drugs that lower inhibitions, Being confined, Doctors, Being in a hospital, Wild parties, Harm coming to children and Torture.

Personality : Troy has a cold professional demeanour which is especially heightened when he is around people from Tower, he tends to be a man of few words and remains on focus with the task at hand. He constantly hides his emotions and tries to restrict them as much as possible. This is the result of the "therapy" he endured at a young age. However he actually remains quite compassionate and caring about others, even if he has a hard time showing it. When he can't bring himself to talk about his feelings, he likes to show them in other ways for example by doing small favours for people he cares about.

He acts most of the time as though he's completely 'by the book', especially when it comes to reporting any abusive behaviour or corruption that he witnesses. However he is willing to turn a blind eye where there's an action done to help someone else or done out of compassion. Most people don't expect this from him because of the way he usually acts which helps him to keep these things secret.

History : Troy was young, only twelve, when his sentinel abilities first manifested and they developed so quickly that he was completely unable to control them. His senses would frequently heighten without him attempting it and he was often overwhelmed by them. He couldn't sleep without wearing a blindfold and earplugs. Between his heightened senses and animal instincts he couldn't concentrate in school and it was growing harder and harder to interact with others without aggression taking over. Although his parents were both normal, they recognized that he was a sentinel. They were worried about him, unsure if he would even remain sane and stable long enough to receive proper training at Tower.

Reaching out to others who had dealt with similar problems they were eventually recommended to see Carlos Voight, a shady figure who some parents claimed had achieved great results for their extremely troubled children. The "Doctor" (who had been stripped of his medical license a long time ago) used brutal methods in forcing Troy to contain and control his abilities. Medical sounding phrasing like "aversion therapy" and "stimulus control" concealed what amounted to torture to stop Troy from using his senses and to restrain his instincts as much as possible. He came out of the doctor's training much more disciplined and in control but also emotionally scarred.

Going to the Tower frightened him, since he often imagined that their techniques would be similar to the training that he had gone through. However his parents early inquiries meant that the Tower was fully aware of his nature as a sentinel. He wasn't able to bring himself to go on the run to avoid it and so voluntarily turned himself in as soon as he turned eighteen. To his surprise though, the Tower's training was nowhere near what he had gone through before and actually helped him recover and embrace his abilities rather than constantly suppressing them. He started to see his spirit animal again, something which hadn't happened since before his training. His bear though showed the physical signs of his emotional scarring and the way he had forcefully controlled his abilities led him to see the bear as chained and shackled whenever he saw it.

He joined the hunter program because he knew that the Tower was better than many of the alternatives that were out on the street and believed that guides and sentinels were dangerous without proper control and training. To his mind he was rescuing rogues and bringing them home, not arresting them and viewed their attempts to fight back as being merely frightened and out of control. After a few years of experience he is aware of some of the troubling facets of the Tower, but prefers to try to reform the organization through legitimate channels rather than going into outright rebellion. He thinks that the world needs the Tower, and that getting rid of it would do much more harm than good. However he's strongly in favour of any attempt to remove corruption or report any abuse of power.

One thing he particularly doesn't like about how guides are treated is involuntarily bonding, he knows it's part of the system and something he can't do much about. He wants a guide himself, someone who can help him control his instincts without the constant painful mental discipline he has to endure. However he has deliberately fought against bonding with people who didn't feel something for him, even when he could sense that they were compatible. He wants to find a guide who truly wants to be bonded with him, something which hasn't happened yet and has stalled his advancement within the tower hierarchy.

Sexual On's : (Versatile, but prefers topping): Rough consensual sex, passion, playful bondage, intimacy (with someone he trusts enough), affection, biting, licking and smelling.
Are you comfortable with Non-Consensual Activities with your character? Would not inflict NC activity on another, but I am open to him receiving it so long as it's discussed with me.
Are you alright with sexual activities beyond your character's stated sexuality? Yes, I'm comfortable with it.

Anything Else? I'm not familiar with the setting so I'd welcome any feedback if I've misunderstood anything.

Caehlim! Yaaay! So happy to see you. <3
𝙳𝚒𝚊𝚖𝚘𝚗𝚍𝚜 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚝𝚛𝚎𝚎𝚜,

Vael the Destroyer

Quote from: Caehlim on December 18, 2014, 02:16:19 AM

Troy Latnov

Glad to see you decided to join Broken Bonds. If you need any help with anything Jet and I could help, as well as the wonderful GM's, Stygia, Dotley, and Emmykins. :)

Stygia

Quote from: Caehlim on December 18, 2014, 03:05:20 AM
Great. I don't actually know who the man is for the faceclaim, I found him by a google search for "tough looking male models" but he's certainly delicious. The intense grey eyes on such a beautiful guy inspired a lot of the idea behind the character's backstory as well.

His name is Taylor Napier. He's stunning <3

Caehlim

Well, I know I only just got started, but I do have an idea for a pair of characters to be involved in the resistance and possibly Siege.

Luther Jackson
Player Preferences : I'm a rainbow writer
Sentinel and Guide Preferences : Same sex bonding preferred (Sexual or platonic)

Full Name : Luther Jackson
Codename and Nicknames : Guardian (mostly called that because he's his brother's guardian, but occasionally likes to believe that it's because he helps people with the resistance).
Age and Birthdate : 22, born on the 14th February.

Occupation : Finding people who will pay for a guide's abilities, protecting his brother.
Alliance : Resistance
Spirit Animal : Scimitar Oryx, although Luther usually just calls him a goat when he's feeling annoyed. He feels oddly possessive of his spirit animal and doesn't like talking about it to anyone else, figuring that if they can't see it then they're not meant to know about it.

Height : 5'11"
Body Type: Lean and wiry.
Hair : Blonde, wild and/or styled when he's in a casual environment, more carefully tended for business.
Eyes : Green/Grey
Distinguishing Features : Has a small black loveheart tattooed just above his ankle, doesn't tell anyone who it's for or makes up stories about it (it was actually just a boyfriend back in high-school, things didn't work out that well and they broke up, nothing like as dramatic as he pretends).
Anything else? When needing to blend in, he'll usually do his hair in a more conservative style.

Likes : Being admired, Becoming famous, Fresh food, Luxury of any sort, Being needed by others, Feeling like he's making a difference, Sleeping in.
Dislikes : Getting dirty, Hard work, Farms, Being called a kid, Other people touching his things, Conventionally creepy animals (spiders, rats, snakes, bugs, etc.), Admitting ignorance.

Personality : Luther can be fairly shallow and self-centered. Something bad happening to him or to his friends is a tragedy, something bad happening to other people is a pity. He claims to have high ideals and he genuinely does care about injustices in the world, he just rarely does anything about it unless it affects him in some way. He likes to show off and tends to be a bit of a drama queen.

History : Luther grew up in a small town in rural Wales, expecting to become a farmer like his parents and one day take over the family farm. Discovering he was a sentinel, like his grandfather had been, was an exciting discovery for Luther. Sure there were some hassles with his senses and he acted a bit strangely, but he felt like he was someone now. He presented at fifteen but couldn't wait to become a part of the Tower and be a hero like all the Sentinels you saw on TV. In the meantime everyone at school was paying attention to him, he could get away with a lot by claiming "sentinel instincts" made him do it and his parents started spoiling him rotten since in a few years he would head off to the Tower in Cardiff and they probably wouldn't see him much.

When he finally arrived at the Tower, it mostly seemed like all that he could hope for. He didn't really like how the guides were treated but it was hard to focus on that when everything else was going so well. Then he got an email from home. It was from his younger brother Reece, who had always been a bit annoying but hero-worshiped him enough that Luther couldn't help liking the kid. Reece had just seen an animal that no one else could see and couldn't wait to come to Cardiff with his brother and become a Sentinel. Luther decided that his brother probably wasn't faking it for attention, and got leave to visit the family home to congratulate his brother.

As soon as he walked through the door though, he could smell that something was wrong. That wasn't the way the other Sentinels at the tower smelled, his brother was a guide and hadn't realized it, just assuming that he would be a Sentinel like his brother when he saw the first sign that he was different. Luther had seen how the guides were treated and couldn't handle the idea of that happening to his brother. So he arranged with his parents that when his leave was over he'd bring his brother back with him to show him Cardiff Tower. Instead, once they were both in the car he drove to London with his brother, letting them both be written off as missing people and going on the run.

He hadn't really come up with any plan for how they'd survive and remain free of the Tower but tried to figure it out as he went along. They had a rough time of it, until they started meeting some of the underground community of rogue Sentinels and Guides. The resistance would often help them where they could and the black-market rogues often needed the help of someone like Luther's brothers to keep their Sentinels balanced. He refused any of the permanent offers from people wanting to bond with his brother but they'd pay well enough just for temporary services calming their emotions or senses. Having him as a sentinel on hand, a little luck, some good friends and a lot of vigilance stopped anyone from stealing his brother away or bonding him against his will.

They did what they could to help out people from the resistance as well, in return for the many favours they'd received that helped them out. His own abilities as a sentinel came in handy as well for the pair of them, even if they weren't as often in demand as his brother's much rarer gifts. He was able to teach his brother how to conceal his scent, figuring that if he couldn't smell it no other sentinel could. He also found it easier to keep his senses and emotions under control with his brother helping him. So far they've survived three years on the run.

He hopes that he can do more than just lay low. One day he hopes to find someone worthy of bonding to his brother, but hasn't found anyone yet that fits the bill. He'd like to find a guide that he can bond with as well, but hasn't managed that either. The thought of bonding with his brother just seems weird to him and he's never had any feeling of compatibility from him.

Sexuality : Strongly prefers men and tends to only fall romantically for guys, but wouldn't rule out a one night stand with anyone else.
Sexual On's : Being dominant, being dominated (doesn't admit to this or seek it out but it would be a secret thrill), being admired, teasing, receiving oral, light bondage, hearing his name during sex.
Sexual Off's : Incest, humiliation, outright sadism, trash-talk.
Are you comfortable with Non-Consensual Activities with your character? Yes, wouldn't go further than dub-con (most likely asking sexual favours in exchange for something) in terms of giving, receiving is fine. Please discuss with me first.
Are you alright with sexual activities beyond your character's stated sexuality? His sexuality is fairly broad, but sure under the right circumstances.

Anything Else? Looking for Luther and his brother to potentially join up with Siege. He won't ever bond with his brother.

Reece Jackson
Player Preferences : I'm a rainbow writer
Sentinel and Guide Preferences : Same sex bonding preferred (Sexual or platonic)

Full Name : Reece Jackson
Codename and Nicknames :
Age and Birthdate : 19, born on the 9th January.

Sentinel, Guide or Normal? Unbonded Guide
Occupation : Using his guide abilities for hire with various rogue/resistance types
Alliance : Resistance
Spirit Animal : European Kestrel, he rarely sees him inside but whenever he's outside can usually see him flying high above him. Occasionally he perches nearby but usually only when Reece is up somewhere high.

Height : 5'8"
Body Type: Skinny and small-framed.
Hair : Blonde, spiked
Eyes : Blue/Grey
Distinguishing Features : Nothing unusual
Anything else? Always wears clothes that his brother wore the previous day to mask his scent or look like he's bonded.

Likes : Privacy, High Places, Security, Being near friends, Being comfortable, Fresh air, Reading, Animals, Friendly people, Relaxing.
Dislikes : Not having food with him, being cold, invasions of personal space, being watched, most sentinels.

Personality : Being suddenly taken on the run and living on the street has hit him hard. Reece used to be fairly quiet, a little shy but basically friendly. Now he's internalized his brother's warnings and tends to be paranoid and suspicious. Thanks to his empathy he knows the way a lot of the people he interacts with feel about him, particularly amongst the underworld they rarely have good intentions. He keeps his things packed at all times, ready to run away if need be, always has some food hidden somewhere on him and plans constantly for what he'll do if things go wrong. More than anything he wants to feel safe and secure, but it's not something that's easy to happen for him.

He also feels guilty sometimes that his nature as a Guide, brings all sorts of trouble down on his family and forced his brother to run away from the Tower. Sometimes he thinks about just turning himself in, but he doesn't want everything his brother did for him to be in vain though.

History : Reece dreamed of the day that he would become a Sentinel just like his brother, he thought it came as well when he first saw his spirit animal. He emailed his brother who came home from the Tower to visit him and shattered his world. Discovering he was actually a guide, being whisked away from home and everything he knew, going on the run and living on the streets of london were tough.

Thankfully his brother has always been with him and watching out for him. They've received plenty of help along the way from the resistance and Reece always encourages his brother to help them back in kind. Most of the other help they've received has been from some fairly shady individuals who have gotten him involved in things he'd rather not have seen. He knows that things could have been a lot worse, especially if his brother hadn't been there for him. He know what they were feeling which makes it easy to guess what they were thinking. Most people he's met have seen him as either something valuable to possess or as some sort of cause. They've never really seen him before, he doesn't even really know who he is anymore.

Sexuality : Gay
Sexual On's : Intimacy, Affection and Reassurance. Otherwise Reece is very sexually inexperienced and not certain what he likes.
Sexual Off's : Being bound, restricted or held down.
Are you comfortable with Non-Consensual Activities with your character? Yes, wouldn't inflict, receiving is fine. Please discuss with me first.
Are you alright with sexual activities beyond your character's stated sexuality? Potentially depending on circumstances. Discuss it with me first.

Anything Else? Looking for Reece and his brother to potentially join up with Siege. He won't ever bond with his brother.

Caehlim

Quote from: Stygia on December 19, 2014, 06:00:36 AM
Caehlim, can you please pm your characters to Dotley and myself? Thanks!

No problem, I've sent them now. Sorry if I've put them in the wrong place, should I delete them from here?

Stygia

Nope, you're good, it's just easier for us to discuss any issues if we have it in pm format. :)

Caehlim

So I had some more ideas for characters... hopefully I'm not going too crazy with this. These two would be for the Tower faction, a Sentinel and Guide who are father and son.

Devin Remington
Player Preferences : I'm a Rainbow writer
Sentinel and Guide Preferences : Would prefer a sexual bond with a female Guide or either a platonic or sexual bond with a male Guide

Full Name : Devin Remington (née Brogen)
Codename and Nicknames : M (as in James Bond), Chairman of the fiscal solvency subcommittee, "Petty cash" (insulting, not used to his face by people who want money)
Age and Birthdate : 41, 8th April
Marital Status : Remarried (original wife died)

Sentinel, Guide or Normal? Sentinel - Widowed
Alliance : Tower Government
Spirit Animal : Pandinus imperator Emperor Scorpion (I won't put any pictures of this up in case anyone has phobias) which he has named Cecil.

Body Type: Tanned, fit, broad shouldered and lightly muscled from activity.
Hair : Dirty blonde, lightly greying.
Distinguishing Features : Scar from donating a kidney to his father.
Anything else? Dresses more formally, the picture here is more what he might wear boating or at a very informal occasion. Fakes a more upper-class accent than his natural speaking voice.

Likes : Camping, Rock-climbing, Golf, Boating, Having power over people, Long weekends, Talking about his children's achievements, Showing off his beautiful wife.
Dislikes : Being embarrassed, looking weak, drinking (only one kidney), being kept late at the office (happens frequently), not getting what he wants.

Personality : Devin is a politician and wears his public image like a mask, nothing can be allowed to embarrass him at the risk of weakening his position. To most he appears a quiet man, focused on numbers and keeping the tower running smoothly. Those who deal with him more regularly learn that he manages his position with a great deal of favour trading and that people who want additional expenses approved by him for their department may be expected to do a favour (not strictly speaking for Devin, but for someone whom Devin owes a favour usually). He can be petty and vengeful, doing whatever he can to repay any insult delivered to him. He has spent the last years attempting to destroy the career of another man in Government who had an affair with his late wife.

He is concerned with gathering power, prestige and wealth attempting to set up his family with the best he can provide them and using his influence to help his friends and destroy his enemies. He has also inherited a mess of political alliances and network of favours from his late wife's circle of allies which he is attempting to fulfill as many are in a position to destroy him if the doesn't toe the party line. In his time off he enjoys slightly less than extreme sports, and spending time in the outdoors.

History : A young Sentinel, especially one new to the tower, would be lucky to be chosen for a bond to any Guide. When that Guide is more experienced they have a way of shaping the life and future of the Sentinel. Especially since Devin was chosen by the elderly widow of a senior Government official. Madame Eleanor Remington was a fiery figure, who had blazed the corridors of power on behalf of her late Sentinel husband and bondmate. She knew how to play the games of Tower politics and even as a Guide was a figure of influence. She didn't have a hard time getting her choice of Sentinel. Most of the senior government Sentinels were already bonded and her political allies were able to block less suitable candidates. She chose Devin, seeing him as both a man with potential but also someone who would bow to her decisions and over the years groomed him into a position within London Tower's Government.

Devin was stunned by the older woman who had chosen him and fell completely in love with her, they married (with him taking her last name) and he tried to learn the political game. He was always a touch too earnest and bookish to ever manage the greatest heights of politics, despite his wife's best efforts but he did rise within the financial section of Tower Government as one of their chief accountants. In later years their relationship began to fall apart as she steadily became more disappointed that he would never return her to the lofty position she had previously held and he discovered that she had engaged in extra-marital affairs. Most troubling of all was his discovery that their only child Joshua wasn't actually his son, something that he has kept concealed from everyone including his son to this day. Although their relationship never recovered he was still grieved when she, being twenty-five years older than him, died of natural causes.

Since her death he has since remarried to a much younger woman, Samantha, a specialized art dealer who helps supply neutral decorations for Sentinel housing and the Government offices of the Tower. She is Normal, much to the surprise of many who expected him to bond another Guide. However he has so far refrained from doing so, even though his position would make it much easier for him to obtain interviews. After his relationship with Eleanor he is far from eager to enter into anything quite so permanent as a Guide bonding, and although he has married Samantha, he has ensured via prenuptial agreements that he can more easily divorce her with only minimal difficulty and expense. He fully expects that one day, if he's ready to bond again, he may have to divorce Samantha. In which case he is prepared to ensure that she spends the rest of her life well-taken care of but no longer dealing with him.

He has had three more children; Tyler 11, Morgan 9 and Eleanor 7 with Samantha. He dotes especially on these three children, knowing that they're his. His relationship with Joshua is a little more complex, flipping between loving him as an extension of his mother and seeing him as a living reminder of her affair. Things became complex when Joshua presented as a Guide at 14. Devin has taken extra care of him since then, but made clear that he is going to be sent directly to the Tower on the day of his 18th birthday. He knows that there is little he can do for Joshua since he will be watched closely for any signs of favouritism, how he feels about that depends on how vindictive his mood is on any given day.

Sexuality : Heterosexual, potentially a little bi-curious but unlikely to ever admit it.
Sexual On's : Being in a position of power.
Sexual Off's : Threesomes where he isn't the central figure, being less 'manly' than his partner,
Are you comfortable with Non-Consensual Activities with your character? Yes, contact me if you want to discuss details. Under the right circumstances this character could both give or receive NC activities.
Are you alright with sexual activities beyond your character's stated sexuality? Yes. Under appropriate circumstances Devin could enter into same-sex activities. This would be particularly likely if he is bonded with another male Guide, although Devin wouldn't be open about it. "I was drunk and it was the pheromones, don't tell anyone what happened."

Anything Else? He's not a very pleasant character and being in a relationship with him would be a matter of power-games. Happy to use this character as a rival, villain or foil if anyone needs the services of such a character in developing their story.

Joshua Remington
Sentinel and Guide Preferences : Preferred same-sex sexual bond with male (or male presenting) Sentinel

Full Name : Joshua Remington
Codename and Nicknames : Josh, Joe, or J (his father hates him abbreviating his name)
Age and Birthdate : 18, 28th December

Sentinel, Guide or Normal? Unbonded Guide
Occupation : Getting locked in Guide Housing until the Matchmaker finds him a Sentinel
Alliance : Reluctant Tower Allegiance
Spirit Animal : Suricata suricatta, a Meerkat named Auckland.

Height : 5'9"
Body Type: Lean
Hair : Blonde
Distinguishing Features : None
Anything else? Faceclaim is Ryan Taylor

Likes : Predictable or stable people, video games, television, his meerkat Auckland, understanding people better, studying psychology, helping others
Dislikes : Accounting, people assuming that his rich family gave him a good life, people believing his father instead of him, dishonesty, unpredictable people, not being able to help someone

Personality : Josh accepts people for who they are and tries to understand them as best he can, that usually applies to himself as well. He knows that he has some issues of his own, that he likes to test people and find out their limits just so that he knows where he stands, that he likes to rebel just to see if he can get away with it and that he's a little too curious. He tries to be honest with himself and other people. He cares about other people and wants to help them, but he also wants to do it on his terms. He hates being pushed around and used or taken advantage of, the fact that that's practically the Guide job description has him a bit worried as well.

History : Josh doesn't have a lot of memories of his mother Eleanor who died when he was six, most of his family life has revolved around his relationship with his father who seems to Josh to act like he's manic depressive. One day his father took him out of school to take him to Disneyland, they walked around all day getting photos taken but he wasn't allowed to go on any of the rides or do anything. When he started acting out as a teenager his father came good on his threat to send him to military school, until after a week when Josh started crying during a phone call and his father drove overnight to pick him up and take him home. That's the kind of memories he has of his father. The worst part is, everyone else thinks he's a great father... "just look at all these photos from when he took you to Disneyland, you don't even look happy in half of these photos, what a spoiled brat."

It bothered him sometimes, but he focused on other things instead. Sure sometimes his father messed those up for him, but plenty of people have crazy families. So he actually enjoyed going to school and just dealing with normal situations most of the time. Hanging out with his friends when he was allowed to. Indulging in what rebellion he could get away with, though he was careful not to push his father too far.

When he turned fourteen he started getting the headaches that plagued him when he was around people with strong emotions. His father recognized the signs and sent him to a Tower doctor who verified that he was beginning to present as a Guide. It was made clear straight away that there was no chance of him avoiding going to the Tower. It took some of the enjoyment out of going to school, knowing that for all his studying he was bound to end up just as someone's Guide and having no future of his own. With his empathy though he discovered a new interest in psychology and started reading everything he can on it. He had a crazy dream of somehow becoming a psychologist, though he doesn't know how he'll manage that as a Guide.

After spending a final Christmas with his family, Josh's 18th birthday has almost arrived and he's about to head into the Tower. He wants to run away, but doesn't see how he'd live a life like that, he'd probably have more chance of fulfilling his dreams as a Guide.

Sexuality : Gay, versatile
Sexual On's : Talking, knowing where he stands, trying out new things.
Sexual Off's : Playing guessing games, fake affection.
Are you comfortable with Non-Consensual Activities with your character? Yes, discuss it with me if you have an idea.
Are you alright with sexual activities beyond your character's stated sexuality? Yes, if appropriate to the situation.

Anything Else? Josh is pretty straightforward and planned to be a part of the Tower faction, albeit not terribly happy about being there.

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: Caehlim on January 04, 2015, 08:58:57 PM
Devin Remington
Player Preferences : I'm a Rainbow writer
Sentinel and Guide Preferences : Would prefer a sexual bond with a female Guide or either a platonic or sexual bond with a male Guide

Full Name : Devin Remington (née Brogen)
Codename and Nicknames : M (as in James Bond), Chairman of the fiscal solvency subcommittee, "Petty cash" (insulting, not used to his face by people who want money)
Age and Birthdate : 41, 8th April
Marital Status : Remarried (original wife died)

Sentinel, Guide or Normal? Sentinel - Widowed
Alliance : Tower Government
Spirit Animal : Pandinus imperator Emperor Scorpion (I won't put any pictures of this up in case anyone has phobias) which he has named Cecil.

Body Type: Tanned, fit, broad shouldered and lightly muscled from activity.
Hair : Dirty blonde, lightly greying.
Distinguishing Features : Scar from donating a kidney to his father.
Anything else? Dresses more formally, the picture here is more what he might wear boating or at a very informal occasion. Fakes a more upper-class accent than his natural speaking voice.

Likes : Camping, Rock-climbing, Golf, Boating, Having power over people, Long weekends, Talking about his children's achievements, Showing off his beautiful wife.
Dislikes : Being embarrassed, looking weak, drinking (only one kidney), being kept late at the office (happens frequently), not getting what he wants.

Personality : Devin is a politician and wears his public image like a mask, nothing can be allowed to embarrass him at the risk of weakening his position. To most he appears a quiet man, focused on numbers and keeping the tower running smoothly. Those who deal with him more regularly learn that he manages his position with a great deal of favour trading and that people who want additional expenses approved by him for their department may be expected to do a favour (not strictly speaking for Devin, but for someone whom Devin owes a favour usually). He can be petty and vengeful, doing whatever he can to repay any insult delivered to him. He has spent the last years attempting to destroy the career of another man in Government who had an affair with his late wife.

He is concerned with gathering power, prestige and wealth attempting to set up his family with the best he can provide them and using his influence to help his friends and destroy his enemies. He has also inherited a mess of political alliances and network of favours from his late wife's circle of allies which he is attempting to fulfill as many are in a position to destroy him if the doesn't toe the party line. In his time off he enjoys slightly less than extreme sports, and spending time in the outdoors.

History : A young Sentinel, especially one new to the tower, would be lucky to be chosen for a bond to any Guide. When that Guide is more experienced they have a way of shaping the life and future of the Sentinel. Especially since Devin was chosen by the elderly widow of a senior Government official. Madame Eleanor Remington was a fiery figure, who had blazed the corridors of power on behalf of her late Sentinel husband and bondmate. She knew how to play the games of Tower politics and even as a Guide was a figure of influence. She didn't have a hard time getting her choice of Sentinel. Most of the senior government Sentinels were already bonded and her political allies were able to block less suitable candidates. She chose Devin, seeing him as both a man with potential but also someone who would bow to her decisions and over the years groomed him into a position within London Tower's Government.

Devin was stunned by the older woman who had chosen him and fell completely in love with her, they married (with him taking her last name) and he tried to learn the political game. He was always a touch too earnest and bookish to ever manage the greatest heights of politics, despite his wife's best efforts but he did rise within the financial section of Tower Government as one of their chief accountants. In later years their relationship began to fall apart as she steadily became more disappointed that he would never return her to the lofty position she had previously held and he discovered that she had engaged in extra-marital affairs. Most troubling of all was his discovery that their only child Joshua wasn't actually his son, something that he has kept concealed from everyone including his son to this day. Although their relationship never recovered he was still grieved when she, being twenty-five years older than him, died of natural causes.

Since her death he has since remarried to a much younger woman, Samantha, a specialized art dealer who helps supply neutral decorations for Sentinel housing and the Government offices of the Tower. She is Normal, much to the surprise of many who expected him to bond another Guide. However he has so far refrained from doing so, even though his position would make it much easier for him to obtain interviews. After his relationship with Eleanor he is far from eager to enter into anything quite so permanent as a Guide bonding, and although he has married Samantha, he has ensured via prenuptial agreements that he can more easily divorce her with only minimal difficulty and expense. He fully expects that one day, if he's ready to bond again, he may have to divorce Samantha. In which case he is prepared to ensure that she spends the rest of her life well-taken care of but no longer dealing with him.

He has had three more children; Tyler 11, Morgan 9 and Eleanor 7 with Samantha. He dotes especially on these three children, knowing that they're his. His relationship with Joshua is a little more complex, flipping between loving him as an extension of his mother and seeing him as a living reminder of her affair. Things became complex when Joshua presented as a Guide at 14. Devin has taken extra care of him since then, but made clear that he is going to be sent directly to the Tower on the day of his 18th birthday. He knows that there is little he can do for Joshua since he will be watched closely for any signs of favouritism, how he feels about that depends on how vindictive his mood is on any given day.

Sexuality : Heterosexual, potentially a little bi-curious but unlikely to ever admit it.
Sexual On's : Being in a position of power.
Sexual Off's : Threesomes where he isn't the central figure, being less 'manly' than his partner,
Are you comfortable with Non-Consensual Activities with your character? Yes, contact me if you want to discuss details. Under the right circumstances this character could both give or receive NC activities.
Are you alright with sexual activities beyond your character's stated sexuality? Yes. Under appropriate circumstances Devin could enter into same-sex activities. This would be particularly likely if he is bonded with another male Guide, although Devin wouldn't be open about it. "I was drunk and it was the pheromones, don't tell anyone what happened."

Anything Else? He's not a very pleasant character and being in a relationship with him would be a matter of power-games. Happy to use this character as a rival, villain or foil if anyone needs the services of such a character in developing their story.

Ooooh~

I don't need to make another character for BB. I don't need to make another character for BB. I don't need to make another character for BB. *mantras*
I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

~ Bizarre, Beautiful, And Breathtaking ~
~ O/O ~ Seeking ~ A/A ~ Mirrors and Masks ~ Poetry ~
She walked with the universe on her shoulders and made it look like wings.

Tinkertoy

Hey there folks! I've been lurking around these parts for a little while and finally felt the big push to make contact. I just wanted to check in and make sure the announcement made in December was still valid. I have an idea for  Guide character that I would love to throw into the mix, if there is still room?

I only wanna be your self-inflicted wound.
It sees you, baby. The friction between me and you.
Show me what makes you human, I'll show you vulnerable.
You bend, you break, you surrender and melt like solid gold.

Caehlim

Quote from: Tinkertoy on January 05, 2015, 04:21:00 AM
Hey there folks! I've been lurking around these parts for a little while and finally felt the big push to make contact. I just wanted to check in and make sure the announcement made in December was still valid. I have an idea for  Guide character that I would love to throw into the mix, if there is still room?

Hi Tinker *waves*

Stygia

Current Character Needs: Guide Submissions are now Open on a Limited Basis: We need a few very specific types of Guides at current and will no longer be accepting anything outside the specified parameters.

Positions Open:

• Guide Trainer (Guide)
  • Guide Hunters (Sentinel)
  • Guide Care Assistant (Normal) (junior or senior position)
  • Any position - Seeking the fanatically loyal to the Tower (Sentinel/Normal)
  • Members for the Siege Resistance faction (Guide/Sentinel/Normal)
  • Fanatical Resistance members (Sentinel/Guide/Normal)