Harry Potter and the Rise of the Dark Lord (Looking for Harry and Draco)

Started by Rogue, April 03, 2014, 09:02:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rogue

Harry Potter and the Rise of the Dark Lord

That year was supposed to be the end of everything. We were about to head towards Hogwarts to end it all. We were to find a horcrux and face Voldemort. We were late. The Light, as we call ourselves, had already destroyed two horcruxes before we broke the locket. And the break in to Gringotts was hardly a quiet affair. So when Bellatrix alerted her master of the loss of another horcrux, Riddle didn’t hesitate to move on the final hold of the light, the castle meant for learning where he had stored one of his many horcruxes, Hogwarts. He couldn’t risk losing another and having the target come closer to him. Nagini after all was usually close by at all times and her death would mean four pieces of his soul obliterated. Not even including if they did manage to destroy the goblet or the diadem.So he decided to make his stand and Magical Britain fell.

This RP was inspired by this group of pictures. This is the timeline that is set in stone as of right now:

• Gringotts Bank was robbed by the Golden Trio. However, instead of heading to Hogsmead, they lay low for a few days. This was a mistake.

• Voldemort attacks the castle, intending to reclaim his diadem. Knowing Harry is not in the castle due to the Horcrux in Harry, he doesn’t wait and instead storms the Castle immediately and without warning. Details of the battle are unknown as of yet. Casualties are as followed: Minerva McGonnagol, Fillius Flitwick, Trybel Trewlany, Remus Lupin, Kingsley Shacklebolt, Pomena Sprout, and Horrace Slughorn. Madam Pomfrey and Hagrid are considered MIA as neither can be confirmed dead at this moment.

All events up until the Gringotts Bank will be considered canon. I am currently looking for canon characters that are both “Dark” and “Light” as well as a limited number of OCs (probably about 3 or so more depending on ideas you might have). Keep in mind that this will be an International RP. The main focus in the beginning will be Britain, but keep in mind that for the purposes of this RP, Britain is essentially lost save for the underground rebellion. Foreign supporters may come in, and maybe another group could even attempt to ally themselves with old Tom. Just tossin plot bunnies out there.

I will take all Canons listed below no matter what. I will also accept Dark OCs (Probably like 4 more right now) and Light OCs (Currently two spots open).

Priority Canons:

• Draco Malfoy
  • Lucius Malfoy
  • Narcissa Malfoy
  • Any Canon not listed will most likely be accepted but these are priority for me.

Canons taken:

• Hermione Granger (RoTWS)
  • Neville Longbottom (RoTWS)
  • Ron Weasley (Ember Star)
  • Luna Lovegood (Ember Star)
  • Ginny Weasley (Miss Kaia)
  • Bellatrix Lestrange (RainbowRian)
  • Astoria Greengrass (Ladia2287)
  • Harry Potter (Rapt)

I have two co-GMs: Ember Star and Persephone 325. This is intended as a long running RP running years of Game Time. As such elements I wish to implement: Torture and Non-con. I intend for people to get caught at some point or another. All non-con scenes will be consensual! Just because you are signing up for this doesn’t mean you are giving consent for non-con! While I suspect that most torture will be kept to the Cruciatus curse, there is the possibility for knives to get involved as well as the potentiality for more psychological torture.

That being said:

• This will be in the Non-Con section barring suggestions that it get moved to Extreme for safety reasons because of the Torture.

• All gender types and Sexualities will be accepted.

• Canon Players: I expect you to have fun. The younger canons are going into what we expect to be college age. Any experimentation you want to have, as long as it’s mutual between players, go for it.

• This RP is not a sex RP: This is meant to be highly emotional situation so sex will happen. It’s not the focus. Story/Character Development is.

• One character for the moment please! I'm still relatively new as a GM after all and would not like to be overwhelmed.

• I would like this to be a once a week thing, but I know that this is unrealistic for at the very least myself. However, a month without a word and I might start to worry. :)

• I would hope this is implied but GM's word is law.

Rules for Original characters:

• No giving of random powers without GM approval.
  • They will not be in Voldie's Inner circle if they're on the Dark Side.
  • They will not be closely related to any of the Canon characters. Determined by GM's discretion/importance of the canon character.
  • No magical pets. Period.
  • If questionable, ask me or don't do it.
  • Foreign OCs are allowed and even encouraged. The end goal on Voldie's part is World Domination after all.

I've decided on keeping most of the old character sheet. On that note, OCs/Canon characters with lesser known backstories, I will expect more from you in the Backstory department than let's say.... Harry Potter. I'm assuming if you are in this RP you've at least watched the movies if not read the books and have a working knowledge of the universe. If any questions arise, make use of the wiki pages available or ask your resident HP knowledge guru. :)

[b]Character Name:[/b]
[b]Played By:[/b]
[b]Nationality:[/b]
[b]Blood Status:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b] 
[b]Sexual Orientation:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Former House:[/b]
[b]Description:[/b]  Only necessary for OCs (Canons please no Fancasting)
[b]Personality:[/b]  (Especially important for Canons. I want us all on the same page.)
[b]Background:[/b]  (I will ask for varying lengths. At least a paragraph. I might want to know more than given to the general populous though depending on your "Status" as a spy or traitor. :D )
[b]Reason for Joining the Rebellion/Death Eaters:[/b] 
[b]Wand:[/b]
[b]Pet:[/b]

And approved character thread is up! Please PM GM and co-GMs for approval before posting! :)

OOC is up and running! This is the next step after your sheet has been approved. Please post here next. :D

Note: if this looks familiar, I recently attempted a system version of this game. Due to an unexpected event I have decided to revamp it without one. :)

persephone325

This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Ember Star

"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

Nymphadora

I'll be watching this one.
Preferring to be on the side of light
Fleur perhaps
Tonks... (Shocking no doubt)
Possibly even Mrs. Weasley

In any case, bookmarking for the time being.
A&As UPDATED Oct 26/23

Rate:Weekly give or take
Availability:
Unavailable for new plottings, sorry.
O&Os Please review
♪As flawed as you may think you are, you're perfect to me!♪

Ember Star

"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

ladia2287

Bookmarking and considering requesting Astoria Greengrass? *makes puppy dog eyes* pwease? :D

Rogue

Lols. RainbowRian kinda holds that spot. But I suppose you're the first to announce it.

Quote from: Nymphadora on April 04, 2014, 10:44:10 PM
I'll be watching this one.
Preferring to be on the side of light
Fleur perhaps
Tonks... (Shocking no doubt)
Possibly even Mrs. Weasley

In any case, bookmarking for the time being.

I'm preferring to keep adults to a minimum on the light side. On that note.... keep in mind that Tonks just had Teddy and will be kept out of the center of focus for at least the next couple of years and I will not be allowing a Remus. Because he's a casualty. (Sorry all the father figures have to go... it's in keeping with JK's MO.)

Fleur is workable. I'd rather not have a Mrs Weasley. Because she'll have too much power over certain other PC's. Same with any parents in general.

Quote from: ladia2287 on April 05, 2014, 02:13:06 AM
Bookmarking and considering requesting Astoria Greengrass? *makes puppy dog eyes* pwease? :D

*grins* PM me and let me know your plans for her and I'll let you know. *is intrigued*

General note: I would like to fill the slots listed first! Just because I'd like at least the kids to start off with. And I'll update this with the casualty list next time I get on my cpu.

DarkAngel111

Idk what the dynamics of playing Harry would be in this game... so.. I am not too sure about him..
If someone can shed some light I might play harry OR Draco.

Viper

Rogue

Quote from: DarkAngel111 on April 05, 2014, 08:31:54 AM
Idk what the dynamics of playing Harry would be in this game... so.. I am not too sure about him..
If someone can shed some light I might play harry OR Draco.

Simply put, Harry is intended to be a leader for the Light. So are all of the younger canon characters I named though. He will at some point have to die. Horcruxes are still canon after all. He will probably lead in the Horcrux search still, just with much more support.

Quote from: KariaShinzou on April 05, 2014, 08:42:21 AM
May be interested in playing a bad guy? :D

:o Please?

DarkAngel111

oh but in canon he lived... so he gets to come back to live. live happily ever after? :P

Viper

May throw Viper and Tabitha in there as death eaters. Viper is pretty much the dog of Voldomort and Tabitha a bad ass bitch of a death eater.

Rogue

Quote from: DarkAngel111 on April 05, 2014, 08:47:53 AM
oh but in canon he lived... so he gets to come back to live. live happily ever after? :P

Quote from: KariaShinzou on April 05, 2014, 08:51:42 AM
May throw Viper and Tabitha in there as death eaters. Viper is pretty much the dog of Voldomort and Tabitha a bad ass bitch of a death eater.

*grins* Sounds like fun, though I am limiting things to one character for the moment. I'll have time to get a character sheet together after work today and will post it then.

DarkAngel111

two+ years after the end of a series I doubt we have to warn about spoilers lol.
At this point everyone knows the end :p

Heck I knew ending of book 6 before i had gone through 4th. lol

Viper

Ill make Tabitha then when the character sheet goes up, she is more maluble and can speak correctly. Viper will come later as one of voldomorts fucked up expiriments and made her half basilik and half witch.

I also have a non cannon light character if yall are interested.

Ember Star

Warnings about spoilers may not be needed, but River Song is necessary in everything

Besides, brief though it was the Doctor did make appearance in Harry Potter
http://youtube.com/watch?v=gxEWQ3AXrgI

Ember Star

Quote from: KariaShinzou on April 05, 2014, 09:46:14 AM
Ill make Tabitha then when the character sheet goes up, she is more maluble and can speak correctly. Viper will come later as one of voldomorts fucked up expiriments and made her half basilik and half witch.

I'm not sure about having a part snake lady. I mean sure, it might be possible with the right magic and alchemy. But it's a tricky and "special" thing to do.

However, Rogue is the boss lady, so it's her say :)

Viper

Being that voldomort was in the forbidden arts, I don't think it would be too far of a stretch, maybe she is an end boss between the last horcrux and the good guys? I dunno

Rogue

Quote from: DarkAngel111 on April 05, 2014, 09:32:50 AM
two+ years after the end of a series I doubt we have to warn about spoilers lol.
At this point everyone knows the end :p

Heck I knew ending of book 6 before i had gone through 4th. lol

*coughs* more like 5 years since the end of the series. But I meant for the campaign. For all concerned, everyone might die in the end.  >:) And everyone might live  O:) Whooo knows....

Quote from: Ember Star on April 05, 2014, 09:49:34 AM
Warnings about spoilers may not be needed, but River Song is necessary in everything

Besides, brief though it was the Doctor did make appearance in Harry Potter
http://youtube.com/watch?v=gxEWQ3AXrgI

I love you Ember. :)

Quote from: KariaShinzou on April 05, 2014, 09:46:14 AM

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..... We'll see. Voldie might have been into the Dark Arts, but he has a reputation for blood purity. Also, if he were to decide to do that experiment why would it be on some no-body witch? It would have been on Bella I would think.

Any OCs on the Dark side will not be any where near the inner circle. They will be newish recruits or from a different country. Those are my standards. Also Part Basilisk is too OP. Part snake I'll give you (given proper backstory). Basilisk is ban hammered.

Nymphadora

A&As UPDATED Oct 26/23

Availability:
O&Os Please review

Nymphadora

Quote from: Rogue of TimeyWimey Stuff on April 05, 2014, 08:23:32 AM
Lols. RainbowRian kinda holds that spot. But I suppose you're the first to announce it.

I'm preferring to keep adults to a minimum on the light side. On that note.... keep in mind that Tonks just had Teddy and will be kept out of the center of focus for at least the next couple of years and I will not be allowing a Remus. Because he's a casualty. (Sorry all the father figures have to go... it's in keeping with JK's MO.)

Fleur is workable. I'd rather not have a Mrs Weasley. Because she'll have too much power over certain other PC's. Same with any parents in general.

Fair enough on all counts and by holds the spot are you talking about Fleur?
A&As UPDATED Oct 26/23

Availability:
O&Os Please review

Rogue

Quote from: Nymphadora on April 05, 2014, 03:31:05 PM
Fair enough on all counts and by holds the spot are you talking about Fleur?

Nah. That was in response to dark angel saying he was the first guy with interest. :)

persephone325

This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Rogue