Publicity of the RP Request Area

Started by Drake Valentine, January 10, 2016, 08:23:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drake Valentine

Long story short, I personally feel that it should not be view-able to the public.  There are various reasons to this, but primary because it still is an open area involving adult related material and some images may not be completely SFW. I never truly noticed it till recently and always wonder why that section is still left to be view by the general public/guests that are not actual members to the community; when everything else is pretty limited/restricted from a guest to be able to view period. It would make more sense if the non-adult section was able to be seen involving RPs/RP Requests, but I feel everything else of an Adult nature has no place for Guests to have access to.

These are simply my opinions and views and I am unsure whether or not this subject had been risen before here on site.

"When I'm Done With You, You'll Be a:
Raped, Bloody, And Humiliated, Little Alice in Wonderland."

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)
Pale Eclipse - Group Game Project{Paused} 

King Serperior

While I understand what you are talking about, there is a rule in the RP request boards that ALL NSFW images must be placed in link only and must be marked as such.  No full images of the NSFW variety can be shown, such as what you may find in some Finders-Seekers threads.  From what I understand, the RP request board being viewable to the public allows potential members to preview what sort of games may be available IF the become approved.  The very fact that applicants cannot post in the board, only view it, helps give an idea of the wide variety of games that can be found on E, be they NSFW in focus or not.

Now, I am sure that an Oracle or someone else could give a better explanation, but that is how I understand it anyway.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

Beguile's Mistress

KS's explanation is a very good one.  Allowing the public to view our story requests is a form of advertising that can attract new members.  It lets people know we have dedicated writers who are creative and imaginative.  I've linked some online friends to Elliquiy in the past and suggested they view our story request threads and received a good response from them.  A couple of them have registered here as well and I believe passed on site information to others. :-)

Oniya

Both KS and BeMi have the reasoning right to a tee.  Just putting an 'official stamp' on it.  ;)
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

ImaginedScenes

If you don't want to make a post of your own available to the public, you could always add a post to your O/O and then link directly to that post by just making a new request that says "View my request details in full at this link" or something like that.

Oniya

Quote from: ImaginedScenes on January 11, 2016, 09:33:28 AM
If you don't want to make a post of your own available to the public, you could always add a post to your O/O and then link directly to that post by just making a new request that says "View my request details in full at this link" or something like that.

That's an excellent idea as well!  Or you could put a link in your signature (which is not visible to unapproved members) to a post in your O/Os such as ImaginedScenes describes.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17