shoutbox and ajax issues

Started by Leighdy, January 11, 2011, 02:58:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leighdy

I've been having a new problem with the shoutbox and the big chat.. when in Ajax it continuously refreshes me, logging me in and out from the list, and keeping me from being able to type anything in. Then in the normal chat, I am unable to type anything too long into it, and most often I still have to retype what I try to say before it will post whether I hit enter or submit. This is not a lag issue, but something else, and I've already tried deleting cookies not only from E but in general and have also tried refreshing, restarting IE and rebooting. I am now at a bit of a loss as to what could be happening and any suggestions would be great.

As a side note.. my internet access is through a crappy t-mobile wireless device.. >.> I know I know.. could this be what's causing the problem?
“Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always gotten there first, and is waiting for it.” ― Terry Pratchett, Reaper Man

Trieste

Yes, sometimes if your bandwidth is low, Ajax will not work properly.

Leighdy

Does the same apply with the shoutbox then? If so that sucks.. i hate t-mobile.. >.>
“Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always gotten there first, and is waiting for it.” ― Terry Pratchett, Reaper Man

Vekseid

The shoutbox expects your ip to stay the same from moment to moment. If it isn't, it will just force-log you out. : /

Leighdy

Okay.. so what would be causing my ip addy to change like that.. it's wierd cuz i had popped in the sb a few days ago no problems.. last night though it just started all this stuff.. and if there's a cause what can i do to fix it?

btw thanks for such a rapid response you guys.. staff here are awesome for that!  ^-^

Vekseid

You can try the 'wipe all cookies' link in the top right, clearing your cache and restarting your browser, if it's a session issue.

Leighdy

okay well I did that and I'm still having some problems with it. I'm starting to think it'sjust my sucky T-mobile device lol.. oh well.. I may just have to make do untill i get something better.. thank you for your help though :)

Rygarr

For some reason the shout box is blank for me, so i cant see what i type in when i hit enter or what people say so i cant do anything. Help please

Trieste

Looks like that was already answered here.