The Stone of Innoruuk - Heavy Story and Detail. Adult and Adventure!

Started by Retro Heretic, July 19, 2012, 10:52:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Retro Heretic

Everquest
The Stone of Innoruuk

**Quick disclaimer**
For those of you who do not already know the lore of Everquest and of Norrath there WILL be an extensive information thread once the game kicks off in order to get everyone up to speed. While knowledge of Everquest lore is recommended, it is certainly not required.

Large posts, extreme detail, grammar, spelling, and creativity are all required.
Posting length will be NO LESS than 400 + words per post.

When the Lord of Hate extends his grasp upon the mortal world once again, brave adventurers must take up the quest to strike down the enemies of righteousness and put the world back to rights, at whatever the cost!
-Mithaniel Marr

The world of Norrath is in turmoil, dark magic is at work upon the land once again and great armies of the enemies to the south are mustering in the swamps, the deserts, and the dark holes which are their ken. The Ogres of Oggok, war like beasts which have turned their gaze to the north are once again a threat to the civilized cities of northern plains; they devour and destroy any in their path. The Trolls of Grobb have once against left their swampy homes and found their way along the western coast, travelling at great pace towards the city of Qeynos, the bastion of hope and Righteousness of Western Antonica. They travel unaided, unhindered and are led by one of the most ferocious beasts ever to have come from the southern swamps, he is Glarthak the Large, tribal leader and warchief among the trolls who have united the recently separated tribes into a single nation, capable of destroying anything that falls in the way of their march.

But those two forces are not the only presences at work in Antonica, Orcs, Goblins, Gnolls, and all manner of foul things have joined forces (although warily as they might themselves become a meal) with the Ogres and Trolls. But what could be behind this recent string of events? Who is it that is controlling these beasts and giving them desire to take to battle once again?

It is well known that within the circle of evil beings that inhabit Norrath only one race(as far as they know) are capable of devising such a devilish plan; The Dark Elves, the dreaded Tier’Dal are once again at large in the world, no longer satisfied with remaining in their tomb like city of Neriak they have sent emissaries to the great tribes and nations of the south, to unite under one  banner…the evil banner of their god, long banished from the world but now supposedly returned.

The Prince of Hate, Innoruuk One Eye and his followers have returned to land to wipe it clean of the scourge of all of those who would worship the honorable gods and lay waste to the continent of Antonica, and eventually reach out and take the others by storm, using Antonica as a staging point for their war host, and as  a staging point for the destruction of all that is good in the world!
It is a race against the clock! The dread followers of Innoruuk one eye are now scouring the lands for The Stone of Innoruuk, a powerful magical artifact which is rumored to be the very eye of the Prince of Hate himself. With this relic, and the sarcophagus of the long banished god, they can revive him and bring his avatar to life once again, allowing the Prince himself to conquer and lead his armies to victory.

He must be stopped at any chance!

Adventurer, will you take up the sword, the staff, the bow, and lend your might to the cause?!

Well, now that you’ve gotten through the brief synopsis of the storyline to come I think it bears a brief OOC explanation of what will be involved in this group RP. It is of course an Everquest Fandom game based on the Lore of Norrath before the discovery of Kunark. The game will call for 5-6 players who will be working together in a group towards a common cause. Find Innoruuk’s stone before the enemy does! The game will be an adventure RP with adult elements from time to time, there will be plenty of time to carry the actual story forward as well as for character development and inter-personal relationships between party members.

The game will be ran in a sort of D&D fashion, though there will no real rolls of dice, I say D&D because it is most likely what you folks are familiar with. I will be playing one of the main characters (just as you are) and all of the supporting characters and enemies. There will be plenty of opportunity for PC’s to play key NPC roles throughout the game but I would prefer to run the majority of the game as a “Dungeon Master” so to speak so that the story can be moved on, new things can be discovered, and the world can be saved.

This game will be structured, but it will also have an element of free form to it as well. No one expects people to adventure all day and night without getting any rest, there will be plenty of time for social activities, fighting, questing, discovery, and side quests that will come up along with the Heroes regular journey. Be advised, the group will be comprised of good races and good classes unless you can give me a FANTASTIC reason for you to play something that is evil. That being said, here is a list of the Norrathian Races that are USUALLY available to play, as well as the classes that will be USUALLY available for player as well. Evil Races and Classes are left out because I would honestly prefer for them not to be in the main group. Until later on… *Cue dreary fore shadowing music*

*Note*
All classes may not be available as an option with all races, a DETAILED explanation of Race and Class lore as well as compatibility will be available in the OOC thread once you are accepted.
Races
Classes

Wood Elves
Bard
High Elves
Cleric
Humans*
Druid
Half Elves**
Enchanter
Dwarves
Magician
Gnomes
Monk
Halflings
Paladin
Erudites
Ranger
Barbarians
Rogue

Shaman

Warrior

Wizard

•   *Humans have the option of being originally from two different cities, thus allowing them to choose more of their heritage themselves
•   **Half elves have the option of being from four different cities, allowing them to determine even more of their heritage than humans

The game is optioned to six players, once I am getting a decent interest in the game I will start putting up the OOC threads and the information threads. I am not opposed to taking up to four more players if someone has a friend or whomever that they would like the join.

Thank you for reading this thread, if you have questions please PM me, but if you have questions that could be answered and be a benefit to anyone reading this thread please don’t hesitate to ask here in this forum.
When judgment day comes you nonbelievers will be punished. Have you been touched by His Noodley appendage? O Heretic ignorant fool, repent now before the rapture or spend eternity in red hot spaghetti sauce."Thou shalt not forget the parmesan"(Parmesan 21:6) "Once true believers partake through their mouths of the pasta of life, the pasta should be recycled through the other end to offer to the nonbelievers"(Ramen 23:8)
Remember, His son, the Great Tortellini, boiled for your sins. RAmen

If you have any RP that you would like to do with me, please feel free to send me a message with any kind of offer. I would love to hear from anyone who has read any of my writing. Let's do something together, yah?

AndyZ

Ah, Everquest.  Good times...

I'm thinking a High Elf Enchanter.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Laughing Hyena

Retro Heretic

Well that's two in so far! I will be sending both of you PM's to let you know a bit more about the requirements and such for the RP, I will have more details ready to dish out with those PM's likely sometime tomorrow.

Spelling, grammar, and posting length will be reviewed to make sure that everyone is compatible with one another.

When judgment day comes you nonbelievers will be punished. Have you been touched by His Noodley appendage? O Heretic ignorant fool, repent now before the rapture or spend eternity in red hot spaghetti sauce."Thou shalt not forget the parmesan"(Parmesan 21:6) "Once true believers partake through their mouths of the pasta of life, the pasta should be recycled through the other end to offer to the nonbelievers"(Ramen 23:8)

If you have any RP that you would like to do with me, please feel free to send me a message with any kind of offer. I would love to hear from anyone who has read any of my writing. Let's do something together, yah?

Siereis

*Eyes wide with excitement* An adult adventure RP that requires long, detailed posts? Count me in!  Considering playing as a Human warrior or Wood Elf ranger.  Let me know more about what is expected from the players though.  Also, when you say "Adult" themes, what can we expect? Like how 'extreme' of adult themes?

Laughing Hyena

Retro Heretic

While adventure will be the mainstay of this RP, there will be of course Adult themes, but that mostly depends on interactions between characters...but, depending on the 0/o's of the different players I will cater to some of the more extreme adult things. Males, watch out...Dark Elves are your main enemy and they are matriarchal, girls...just watch the hell out. Shit happens.

Anyway, just to let you all know I am still working on the information thread and a long post to send out to all of you in PMs, but today is a rather long day as I am baby sitting for someone for a couple hours while they hit work and then i catch a flight at like 5 am and drive two hours to get there....

yay.

anyway, good to have you folks on board. :D

Just so I know, who here actually has EQ knowledge and who doesn't? And if you do...is it Everquest 1 Knowledge or something else?

Siereis

Cool, sounds fine (well...actually sounds great).  Glad to hear it's not *too* vanilla in terms of adult themes.  *sighing* Sadly I do not know much about the EQ world but I'll be reading up on a wiki page I found in order to get up to speed.  Anything in particular you advice looking up?

Retro Heretic

Actually I would prefer that anyone who doesn't already know the lore does NOT look at any of the lore on their own. There is a good reason for this of course.

There are over five different versions of Everquest all with their own evolving time lines, the period in which we will be playing is Everquest 1 just before the Ruins of Kunark Expansion which came out in the year 2000. As such, this was the second version of the first game to be released and you will find little to no information about it that is not polluted with things from the other 11 expansions of everquest 1, and you may also get confused with Everquest two, Everquest online adventures, Champions of Norrath 1 or 2. So...let's get our information correct and work with the lore of the time, which may be mixed in with all of the other stuff.

I will be releasing over fifty pages of info most likely as a jump starter or refresher on the lore. The reason I am doing this so early in the games timeline is because the finding of Kunark may or may not play a large part in the story of the game...and those of you who have played everquest know how crazy this could be. (Get ready to go to Fironia Vie and fight you some lizzurds!)

Siereis

Cool, sounds fine by me.  Thanks for already lookin' like a good RP maker and I look forward to hearing more information later after your busy sounding day(s).

Shjade

Pfft, lizards. Everyone knows the most dangerous natives around Firiona Vie are the driders. You could kite the big dogs, the giants, all the sarnaks and other nasties, but piss off a drider? You're boned.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Retro Heretic

Thats very true, I am playing project1999 right now on old school ruins of kunark and brought my newb to FV to try to hit the lake for some sarnak and gobby huntin...getting past those damn driders is a bitch and a half.

Shjade

Bring a bard.

They'll run you through the drider area and into the tunnel fast enough that you'll probably get through before anyone can get rooted.

Bard speed is the best speed.
◕/◕'s

Retro Heretic

AndyZ

I played up to about level 30 of just the core game as a Human Enchanter, as well as lesser amounts of various other races, including Dark Elf.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Shjade

I played most of the classes to level 15-20 or so, didn't really enjoy it all that much...until I rolled a bard.

Loved being the fastest thing in the game. Got to 58 before I gave up on it though. By then it was into Planes of Power and items were just going crazy with power creep and...bleh. I liked it better at Velious and earlier, before the whole going to the moon thing.
◕/◕'s

Retro Heretic

Alright people, I should have information to put out sometime tomorrow evening. Have a flight to catch and gotta leave here at the ass crack of dawn to catch it tonight.