Pictures

Started by La Vida en su Muerte, November 12, 2008, 06:27:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

La Vida en su Muerte

Does any one know how to format a picture so that the text lines up against it?
My life hurts.
Been gone for too long.  Depression is a bitch.
Random PMs always appreciated!!

Moondazed

The easiest way is probably to make the text part of the picture in an image editor before posting it.
~*~ Sexual Orientation: bi ~*~ BDSM Orientation: switch ~*~ Ons and Offs ~*~ Active Stories ~*~

La Vida en su Muerte

That crossed my mind.  I only ask because it was possible on another forum site I go to.  I just wanted to make sure I wasn't doing something wrong or if it was even possible.  ^_^
My life hurts.

Dawg

You can set up a table and put them in ajoining cells in the same row
[tr][td]
"sEx is LikE aiR..
iTs noT reaLLy tHat imPortAnt
untiL yoU're noT geTtiNg anY.."
[/td][td]
   *******   [/td][td]
Suffering should be creative,
it should give birth to something good and lovely
 ~ Chinua Achebe
[/td][/tr][/table]

Moondazed

I'm sure it's possible, I was just offering what I thought was easiest :)
~*~ Sexual Orientation: bi ~*~ BDSM Orientation: switch ~*~ Ons and Offs ~*~ Active Stories ~*~

Caeli

There isn't a way to align images with text wrapping around it in these forums. The only way to do that is to make a table, and code the image in one of the cells, and the text in the next cell. However, if your post is very long or your image is very wide, it has the distinct disadvantage of wasting a lot of the space directly underneath the image.
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Dawg

Or do part of the text in the adjacent cell and the rest of the text in the next row (or just below the table itself). Cumbersome yes, but still accomplishes the goal.
[tr][td]
"sEx is LikE aiR..
iTs noT reaLLy tHat imPortAnt
untiL yoU're noT geTtiNg anY.."
[/td][td]
   *******   [/td][td]
Suffering should be creative,
it should give birth to something good and lovely
 ~ Chinua Achebe
[/td][/tr][/table]

La Vida en su Muerte

Awesome!  I got it.  Thanks!! ^_^
My life hurts.

Caeli

Quote from: Dawg on November 12, 2008, 06:55:26 PM
Or do part of the text in the adjacent cell and the rest of the text in the next row (or just below the table itself). Cumbersome yes, but still accomplishes the goal.

It's cumbersome, but you also have to remember that everybody uses different-sized screen resolutions. There's 800x600, 1024x768, 1280x768, and then a variety of the larger screens that I don't care to remember the sizes to. So what might look awesome or perfectly aligned in one person's screen, might look a bit off in somebody else's.

Just something to keep in mind, as I've seen more than one or two posts and Ons/Offs that cater towards a specific screen resolution, and break when the window isn't exactly that size.
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Zeitgeist

Helena Bertinelli, daughter of mob boss Franco Bertinelli, saw her parents murdered in front of her eyes. Mandagora, an associate of Helena’s father, turned on him and came into their house, while Helena watched through the slits in the closet door.

Helena, now known as the “Huntress”, joined the Justice League in her adult years. Wielding a deadly crossbow, Huntress sought out Mandagora to serve him a death sentence. Huntress was caught by J’onn J’onzz, who had moved Mandagora into protection after Huntress attempted to take his life in previous encounters. Huntress was fired from the Justice League.

Huntress got the help of Question in order to help her locate Mandagora. Saying that she had information on Cadmus, Question played along, despite knowing she “knew jack about Cadmus.” Her confrontation with Mandagora ended in a stalemate when Huntress found out that Mandagora had gone to the docks to meet his son, who had been kidnapped. Not willing to kill Mandagora in front of his son and take away a little boys father, Huntress ultimately let Mandagora go, but not before dropping a load of steel girders on top of him.

When Huntress asked Question why he helped her, despite knowing she knew nothing about Cadmus, Question replied “I…like you.” The two have been seen dating.

Like this?

http://www.worldsfinestonline.com/WF/jlu/bios/huntress/

kylie

Okay, I am clutsy as anything with code.  But, did the rules change for aligning things when we updated?

I've been copying and pasting code to center pictures from posts that look fine.  The tags appear as plain text in the body of my previews.

Zeitgeist

Quote from: kylie on December 13, 2008, 03:24:20 PM
Okay, I am clutsy as anything with code.  But, did the rules change for aligning things when we updated?

I've been copying and pasting code to center pictures from posts that look fine.  The tags appear as plain text in the body of my previews.

Dunno what to tell you other than make sure each tag has an opening and closing one. [open][/open]
And that each uses the squared brackets. Also make sure you're using valid codes, I presume the only ones you can use are the ones provided in the buttons in a new post.

Aestas

You also should make sure you are doing them in the right order.

[alignment][size][bold] then make sure they are closed in order. [/bold] [/size] [/center]

If i had done it a different way:

[Alignment][size][bold] like this [/alignment] [/size] [/bold]

then both size, and bold, would show up in text, because the alignment would cancel them both out.

kylie

Yeah, *shrug* it likes me better if I use buttons.  So much for looking things up.

Thank you for the little hierarchy, Aestas.