[5E D&D] Acquisitions Incorporated: Now Hiring! [No Longer Hiring]

Started by Chulanowa, February 02, 2018, 05:32:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

clonkertink

Gonna register my interest right now. A little busy at the moment, but I'll try to bang out a character tonight.

clonkertink

Just remembered I made a character for a previous Chulanowa campaign, but it didn't get enough interest. So behold:

Aspen Whitebear returns!

Aspen was raised by an elven druid enclave called the Wardens of the Peak. As part of her initiation, Aspen journeyed to a sacred mountaintop grove, and spent the next half-century in total seclusion as she learned to commune with the spirits of nature. At the end of this process, the spirits gave her a quest: to journey into the civilized world, and seek out a particular sigil. From there, her fate would unfold.

Having spent most of her childhood and all of her adolescence alone, Aspen can be rather naive. She enjoys meeting people and making friends, but she doesn't quite understand their weird customs yet. She also hasn't quite figured out how money works or what a corporation is, even after the two-hour orientation meeting. She also doesn't handle summer heat very well, being accustomed to the snow-tipped mountain peaks. Despite this, she's quite happy to be out in the world with other people to talk to. All squirrels know the same three stories, and it was getting tired.

(Note: Aspen was adapted from a character who was originally level 3. I think I de-leveled her properly, but if you see any problems let me know.)

InoshimaLance

Quote from: Snake on February 11, 2018, 11:58:01 AM
@Lance: I'm still here. What type of char do you think would compliment yours?

You had to do it Snake? You had to give me this kind of power? You will bring my evil side out... Nooo... *laughs with evil intent*

Ahem... Well, I do have two sides of this answer, please don't feel pressured, I am just an honest bastard and likes to be quite mischievous.

Reasonal RP-Wise: I would like you to have whatever you have the most fun with. But we might need a tank. I can barely go as offtank. But whatever you guys want is good. x3

Mischievous Part: I want an half-orc, orc (or any brawny/manly race) to go after, x3. Lets be clear, I do intent to have a shot on erp wether with NPCs or PCs. But that comes with mutual care, hehe. You don't have to go to bed with me... x9.

sullivanthedreadlord

I walk in the light for ever bathed in its glory, and yet my heart yearns to be consumed by the darkness hidden with in my soul

My O/O Page

AndyZ

clonkertink, what Circle are you planning with your druid?  Circle of the Moon?
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

clonkertink

AndyZ

Well, that's two off tanks, so I think we're good on that end ^_^
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Chulanowa

So, er... what is it you're bringing in, Andy? Did I miss yours?

AndyZ

I apologize.  It's winter, which is about the worst time to get me to come up with something creative.  I'm still thinking about what would be fun tongue-in-cheek.

I'm aiming for the Wood Elf Rogue position but don't have anything which would be amusing enough to be properly AcqInc yet.

Chulanowa

Alright. Well if it helps, I'm thinking of putting you guys in as setting other than Waterdeep; group 1 is gettign a few urban adventures to start with, while you guys, hmmm, I dunno, small rural town? AcqInc Franchise territory.

sullivanthedreadlord

I walk in the light for ever bathed in its glory, and yet my heart yearns to be consumed by the darkness hidden with in my soul

My O/O Page

Chulanowa

Quote from: sullivanthedreadlord on February 12, 2018, 06:10:57 PM
Did the game start yet? Not sure if I got the link to it.

I haven't gotten the IC thread up just yet, no. Been under the weather for the last few days. hope to get one up after dinner tonight though

Chulanowa

Alright so, group two:

InoshimaLance - Playing Aster Draseil (I presume?)
clonkertink - Playing Aspen Whitebear the Druid!
AndyZ - Playing ...Uh... er...
Snake - Playing... a thing, i'm sure!

You guys have an OOC thread now! https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=282939.0

And thus, I am closing further interest. Two groups of four, that seems solid.

Snake

I think I may still play up a build I have: a tank-build using a battleaxe and shield. :3

Or a kleptomanic female sorc. :3

InoshimaLance

Quote from: Snake on February 13, 2018, 01:48:02 PM
I think I may still play up a build I have: a tank-build using a battleaxe and shield. :3

Or a kleptomanic female sorc. :3

Whatever fancies you and helps you play with us. x3

AndyZ

I just feel like a ridiculous amount of derp for not being able to come up with anything funny >.<

clonkertink

I suspect you're just overthinking it Andy. "Funny" is a very high-pressure word. All you really need is "quirky", and then you can lean on the quirks as the mood requires.

I mean, if you boil some of the classic Acq Inc characters down, you have: a bureaucratic cleric, an egotistical stage magician, a conniving rogue with a flair for the dramatic, and a dwarf of enormous importance. Their quirks tend to be played for laughs, but these same concepts could just as easily motivate more serious characters.

So with Aspen, I basically made a D&D character first, and then just figured out what kind of stuff could I could play for laughs.

Chulanowa

Quote from: AndyZ on February 13, 2018, 09:33:48 PM
I just feel like a ridiculous amount of derp for not being able to come up with anything funny >.<

Seriously, don't sweat it. No one's asking for a stand-up act here  :-) Hell, there's always the route of playing the straight man who has to put up with these screwballs and the DM's effort to portray flan as an ooze creature.

If there's an idea you want to try out, go with it.

InoshimaLance

Quote from: AndyZ on February 13, 2018, 09:33:48 PM

Don't worry man, do what you like, anything can be treated as 'quirky' or 'funny' tbh, so make a char and as we go you can give em quirks. x3

Snake

AndyZ

Nyssa Starfire used to be a fairly average half-elven commoner, with no real adventuring, fighting, or magical talents.  She signed on with Acquisitions Incorporated because it was hiring, and she hoped to hear some interesting stories while handling simple matters like cleaning, delivering letters, and some light bureaucratic work.

Her life changed drastically after being asked to clean out one of an old wizard's studies, specifically the strange black sphere that hovered a few inches above the desk.  Upon touching it, she suddenly vanished, and one of the managers offered the other twenty gold pieces.  "Told you it was a Sphere of Annihilation."

Several days later, Nyssa returned, notably more beautiful, her hair stark white, and suddenly able to perform magic.  She claims that she doesn't remember what happened in the interim, but has a number of skills with armor and weapons that she didn't possess before.  Given her memories, however, it's easy to recognize that she is who she claims to be.  Who'd be crazy enough to claim that they're an old intern from Acquisitions Incorporated?

Granted, sanity is something that one no longer fully ascribes to Nyssa.  She's taken to giggling for no reason, watches people just a little too closely, and has any number of strange and unusual eccentricities that she never possessed before touching the orb.  AI's counseling department insists that she's fine, and that these behaviors are completely normal for adventurers, even though she's never been on one before.  Accordingly, she's recently been assigned on a mission.

Strength 8 Dexterity 14 Constitution 16 Intelligence 10 Wisdom 12 Charisma 16

Half-Elf - Hexblade Warlock - Courtier - Chaotic Good

HP 11/11 AC 18 Wisdom +3 Charisma +5

Athletics +1 Deception +5 Insight +3 Intimidation +5 Perception +3 Persuasion +5

Darkvision, Fey Ancestry, Common Elven +2 Languages, Hexblade's Curse, Hex Warrior

Light and Medium Armor, Weapons, Shields, Calligrapher's Supplies

Cantrips: Eldritch Blast, Prestidigitation

Spells: Charm Person, Hellish Rebuke

Equipment: Patchwork Quarter Plate (same stats and price as Scale Mail but fits what she has in the picture, just missing pieces for full Half Plate) (50gp), Shield (10gp), Fine Clothing (15gp), Calligrapher's Supplies (10gp), Explorer's Pack (10gp), and will trade out the Tinderbox for a Belt Pouch if that's okay.  5gp remaining.

Common Magic Item: Orb of the Void.  This Orb Arcane Focus is completely black and never reflects light, though Nyssa spends far too much time staring into it for it to be truly empty.  As a bonus action, one can store the orb within their shadow, and retrieve it with another bonus action.  If its owner falls unconscious while the orb is within their shadow, the orb reappears upon the owner's shadow.

InoshimaLance

Quote from: AndyZ on February 14, 2018, 01:01:33 PM
Nyssa Starfire used to be a fairly average half-elven commoner, with no real adventuring, fighting, or magical talents.  She signed on with Acquisitions Incorporated because it was hiring, and she hoped to hear some interesting stories while handling simple matters like cleaning, delivering letters, and some light bureaucratic work.

Her life changed drastically after being asked to clean out one of an old wizard's studies, specifically the strange black sphere that hovered a few inches above the desk.  Upon touching it, she suddenly vanished, and one of the managers offered the other twenty gold pieces.  "Told you it was a Sphere of Annihilation."

Several days later, Nyssa returned, notably more beautiful, her hair stark white, and suddenly able to perform magic.  She claims that she doesn't remember what happened in the interim, but has a number of skills with armor and weapons that she didn't possess before.  Given her memories, however, it's easy to recognize that she is who she claims to be.  Who'd be crazy enough to claim that they're an old intern from Acquisitions Incorporated?

Granted, sanity is something that one no longer fully ascribes to Nyssa.  She's taken to giggling for no reason, watches people just a little too closely, and has any number of strange and unusual eccentricities that she never possessed before touching the orb.  AI's counseling department insists that she's fine, and that these behaviors are completely normal for adventurers, even though she's never been on one before.  Accordingly, she's recently been assigned on a mission.

Strength 8 Dexterity 14 Constitution 16 Intelligence 10 Wisdom 12 Charisma 16

Half-Elf - Hexblade Warlock - Courtier - Chaotic Good

HP 11/11 AC 13 Wisdom +3 Charisma +5

Athletics +1 Deception +5 Insight +3 Intimidation +5 Perception +3 Persuasion +5

Darkvision, Fey Ancestry, Common Elven +2 Languages, Hexblade's Curse, Hex Warrior

Light and Medium Armor, Weapons, Shields, Calligrapher's Tools

Cantrips: Eldritch Blast, Prestidigitation

Spells: Charm Person, Hellish Rebuke

Equipment is up in the air, but Trinket will be the black sphere, which serves as her Arcane Focus and will eventually also be her Book of Shadows if that's cool.  It never reflects light and always appears pure black even on a sunny day.

We all know the usual title of a Mage, "Glass Cannon". Here I present you the rarity among rarities, the STEEL CANNON... Freaking CON and CHA, seriously. Your armor sucks but you have the same life points I do, x3. Jesus, a bit more and you are Zarya from Overwatch.

AndyZ

InoshimaLance

Uhhhh... I would love to see that *nods*. Besides, your AC is already same as mine, x3.

Snake

Vali was a largely normal kid growing up with 3 siblings; 2 older sisters and a younger brother. His father abandoned them when he was about 5-6; for reasons he never knew or found out. Growing up with a single mom and aunt was tough but wasn't too bad except when they started looking at him like the man of the house. To get away from the stress; he would explore a small nearby ruin to see what was going on there and actually finding something spurred the lifelong interest in exploring ancient ruins and dungeons.  Eventually later in life, Vali would explore ruins all over with groups of other people with similar interests.

When he was approx about 18, his younger brother would fall ill and die after a hard winter; and that was it. Unable to stay home and stay close to that location; Vali up and left. Getting into fights, exploring ruins, pulling out ancient treasures and more than one magical item as he did. In the last fear years; he's come to be personally sponsered by a very attractive slightly older noblewoman that had an interest in ancient artifacts and needed someone to go find them for her museum (of sorts).

Joined AcqInc in hopes of tackling larger and probably more dangerous ruins. He still wears the ancient medallion he first found as a kid and hasn't found out what it does or is yet; so far it seems non-magical.

Character sheet: Vali