Whips and Leather: A Castlevania Inspired Monster Hunt(Pathfinder)(FULL)

Started by Genbu83, May 28, 2011, 11:49:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fallensaviour

Genbu83

nice pics. Post them on your sheets. I still need to get your sheet Fallen.

After I hear from Callie, then I'll start and OOC and main thread. And of course Copy over my first three posts.

I like to keep relevant info accessible to my players.

KaitlynKay

Its already on my sheet, now when I get back from the pool I will get my back story done and I'll be all set :D

Callie Del Noire

Working on the backstory.. thinking a girl who had the bad luck to be branded by in an attempt to do a summoning of sorts. She was cursed.. and the would be 'genius' discovered she wasn't controlled by her brands. A gunslinger could be fun. making the character now. Two revolvers and a few other created weapons.

(Assuming you allow me to pay creation cost.)

Callie Del Noire

Name: Valerianna Tarn
Race: Teifling (formerly Human)
Class: Gunslinger
Deity: Calistra
Alignment: Chaotic Good

History: Growing up in the Shades, a girl like Valieranna had few choices. Most of them bad. None them as bad as being taken by experimental minded mage who tattooed her with the blood of demons in hopes of creating a demon blooded slave that could hold the essence of a demon spirit. The spells and brands worked well enough, twisting her body into a tainted mix of human and demoness, but he was foolish enough to leave a weapon nearby and discovered to his regret that she wasn't' bound by the circles against evil that he had in place.

She discovered a cache of weapons, and notes on how to make more from an adventurer who nearly killed him. As well as notes on his 'master' who set him on the path that cursed her with her form. Now she follows the path of the gun and vengeance as she followed the clues back to this master. She's 'asked' several links in the chain of conspiracy so far, leaving bodies and bullets behind as she looks. Working from the gunman's notes she's crafted two 'revolvers' and modified some of the ammo to work in them but she has yet to have the time to work up some of the specialized alchemical recipes that she had read about.

<Still in work>

http://plothook.net/RPG/profiler/view.php?id=8678

Genbu83

Looks good, I don't remember if you have access to mythweavers or plothook Callie, if not I'll put your character data on one of those sheets. Though I think revolvers are a little high tech and costly. Double pistols or pepper boxes would fit more in the them.

Think more musketeer or pirate than Dark Tower. Eitherway show me the costs.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Genbu83 on May 29, 2011, 04:02:21 PM
Looks good, I don't remember if you have access to mythweavers or plothook Callie, if not I'll put your character data on one of those sheets. Though I think revolvers are a little high tech and costly. Double pistols or pepper boxes would fit more in the them.

Think more musketeer or pirate than Dark Tower. Eitherway show me the costs.

Revolvers are 750 gp each.. so two would be 750 if hand made..

-Double barell pistols are 1750 each,
-Dragon (which I wanted for alchemical rounds) is 1500
-Rifle is 1600
-Shotgun 2000
and pepper boxes are 3000!

Callie Del Noire

Genbu83

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on May 29, 2011, 04:05:55 PM
Revolvers are 750 gp each.. so two would be 750 if hand made..

-Double barell pistols are 1750 each,
-Dragon (which I wanted for alchemical rounds) is 1500
-Rifle is 1600
-Shotgun 2000
and pepper boxes are 3000!

All right, I'll accept that then. Which is odd considering a revolver is more advanced than a pepperbox. I guess for enchanting purposes, the pepperbox has advantages. The dragoon is a great idea though.

Callie Del Noire

NicciKotor

Quote from: KaitlynKay on May 29, 2011, 02:47:29 PM
Yay Bard!  I got a picture for Tara, that's perfect!

I think she might even be stealing that barrel of weapons . . .

You cannot be more cuter then me! Never!
Turn on and off thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=69638.0

Give me toys and anime figures and I'll let you spank me as often as you want!

Discord: NicciKotor#8672

Tumblr page: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/freyathemagicalfoxy

Genbu83

Quote from: Chronoclasm on May 29, 2011, 04:24:35 PM
I actually haven't done my character sheet yet. Since this game looks too good to pass up -- time constraints be damned -- I'll go ahead and get it done today though. Expect it by evening.

Roger that.

Basically the game is to playtest a campaign I've already built. I just want to see how you guys handle it and tweak a few things.

Genbu83

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on May 29, 2011, 04:26:38 PM
The trade off is cartridges aren't cheap either.

Considering you're making the ammo yourself. I'll be reasonable, though it's a little hard to believe youd' have more than 50 cartidges ready most of the time. Though, though carrying reloading supplies is smart. Also there are a few Grit abilities that give you ammo...secret stash I believe.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Genbu83 on May 29, 2011, 04:30:16 PM
Considering you're making the ammo yourself. I'll be reasonable, though it's a little hard to believe youd' have more than 50 cartidges ready most of the time. Though, though carrying reloading supplies is smart. Also there are a few Grit abilities that give you ammo...secret stash I believe.

I'm moving the black powder charges, pistol and bullets to my backpack and keeping the two revolvers and ammo for them on her.

NicciKotor

Quote from: Genbu83 on May 29, 2011, 04:30:16 PM

A secret stash!? How vulgar and naughty! I'm surrounded by perverts! >.<
Turn on and off thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=69638.0

Give me toys and anime figures and I'll let you spank me as often as you want!

Discord: NicciKotor#8672

Tumblr page: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/freyathemagicalfoxy

Genbu83

Just a heads up...for those of you who plan out character advancement...this campaign is planned out to levels 7 or 8.

fallensaviour

um...do we have anyone with trapfinding as a class ability...

KaitlynKay

Tara Faintstar

Born to the streets, Tara Fainststar learned early in life that the only way to survive was to never let anyone see  your hand before you played it.  Ever the optimist, she learned easily how to lie her way out of any situation, and nimble fingers kept food on the table and coin in her purse.  She also learned to sing, a gift given to her by her mother.  Tara learned, as she grew older and her talents matured, that people trusted a woman with a beautiful voice.  She had seen as a youth, when her mother sang int he streets, but she put it to a new use as she reached adulthood.

As her body sprang into full bloom Tara began to sing for more specific crowds.  Crowds that enjoyed a little skin, and didn't mind a bit of physical contact.  She became experienced in drawing true joy from all genders and races, and if they left a little lighter int eh pocket than they thought she only counted it as her tip for a job well done.  And if they asked for a private performance, one with a song of a different sort . . well who was she to deny them- for the right price of course.

Tara net her mentor in one such situation.  She had drawn his interest, he said, not for her more physical performances, but for her voice.  He told her it was uncommon to find someone with such a clear and carrying voice in brothels and taverns, and that if she was willing he would give her voice the gift of power.  Tara, generally more concerned with wealth and her own pleasure, took his offer on a whim.  She has never had reason to be sorry.  Years after leaving the traveling Bard's tutelage, Tara took to traveling and peddling her many services.  Whether it be slaying lesser creatures, or singing the pants off of some bored nobleman, Tara was always happy to please, and nimble fingers kept food in her mouth even when profitable jobs were few and far between.

That was how she came to be in one of the many small villages near Crimsonwing Manor.  Serving her own whims, once again, Tara had been forced into hiding.  One too many lies had put her on the wrong side of a very powerful, and wealthy, patron.  Donning the the robes of a holy woman she worked her way into the priest's best graces (and into his pants more than once), biding her time by seducing his acolytes and a fair number of the naive villagers.  Before long, Sara Sunflower became her most oft used alias, and the Priest's curtails became her favorite hiding place. 

fallensaviour

just have gear left to do...how are you being about random ass items including bedrolls rations and stuff we actually keeping track or are we just assumed to have it?

Genbu83

Genbu83

Quote from: fallensaviour on May 29, 2011, 09:46:25 PM
just have gear left to do...how are you being about random ass items including bedrolls rations and stuff we actually keeping track or are we just assumed to have it?

Mundane adventuring gear is a given. As long as it's reasonable. So you're looking at a backpack, food, fire, bedroll, tent, rope, waterskins, and like 20 gold in other stuff you might need.

fallensaviour

hmm, thats probably going to be split between rations pitons hammer crowbar and some other small things

KaitlynKay

fallensaviour

Laughing Hyena

I heard something about needing a thief or scout for traps? ANyone fill this niche yet or do you need another?