Let's go to space! (M seeking mostly plot driven stories)

Started by Painless, May 23, 2017, 10:11:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Painless

Much as I love smut, I'm currently looking for one or two more plot driven games. Which isn't to say they can't be smutty, just that there should be a little more there. A world to build and explore. Or in this case, a galaxy. I've been reading a lot of sci fi lately and have a craving for some space travel.

Here are a few basic ideas. They're light on detail with lots of room to improvise. There may be more details or even entirely new ideas added if these don't get bites, so stay tuned. Genders specified are for characters only, I'm open to players of any gender.

The Hitchhiker (M for any, NC or EX)

Probably the most smutty idea on this list. MC is a trucker who spends his days traveling through hyperspace from point A to point B and back again. He spends weeks in the ship before setting foot on a space station, and months before he has the money to take time off and go planetside. So he's happy for the company when YC offers some credits to get them the hell out of the system. But after a few days in hyperspace, MC realizes that he's trapped in close quarters with YC, who can't escape, and doesn't see why he should let them go so easily.

Guardian Angel (M for F, Light or BON)

MC is a trader. He buys things where they're cheap and plentiful, and sells things where they're rare and in high demand. But between increased pirate activity, and of course the war, it's a lot more dangerous these days. So to protect his small but sluggish cargo ship, he hired a merc with a small but deadly fighter. She nests in the ship, taking the fighter out when threats appear. Life cycles between quiet isolation, life threatening battles, or tense negotiations, and as time passes, their relationship develops. There's a lot of room to change things up for this one, depending on our characters and their personalities. I was planning to play the merchant but could be convinced to play the mercenary.

Hate (M for F, BON to EX)

YC is the best deep cover operative in the service. She's saved countless lives, but at great cost. She's haunted by all she was forced to do to maintain her cover, including at times attacking her own side. Legally she's been pardoned, but morally she is not forgiven. MC is an ace pilot who wouldn't know stealth if it stabbed him in the kidney, making up in skills for what he lacks in subtlety. He's also suffered a major loss at the hands of YC. And now, the two of them have to work together. She's the finesse and he's the muscle, and the operation is critical for the future of their faction. There's only one snag: he hates her for what she did. Does she hate him just as much for constantly throwing it in her face? Is she desperate for forgiveness, enough that she'll do anything to get it? Or something else entirely? Doesn't matter, because their mission still needs to get done or they're both doomed.

Painless

Hate is now taken. The Hitchhiker is taken as well. I will accept other requests for these plots, but only if they're significantly different from what I already have.

Still looking for Guardian Angel.

Painless

Let's give this a bump. I could always use more plot-driven stories.

Note that while these ideas are all obviously sci-fi, I may be open to a fantasy or steampunk take on them as well.

Painless