Behind The Curtain (Bondage Exotic/Light Exotic)

Started by Elohim, June 05, 2008, 07:13:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elohim

Caitlin is a normal young woman, fresh faced out of college, working hard in an office acting as the head Honcho’s secretary.  She’s got a lovely soon to be husband, born from a high class family who’s literally rolling in dough.  The young woman has good friends, loved ones and with a little luck, and some night school courses she just might be a CEO someday.  Then maybe, just maybe she’ll be able to relax. 

Everything is perfect or so she’s been telling herself...  But, somewhere deep inside she realizes something is wrong.

One day a young woman shows up seemingly out of nowhere (Exact mode of meeting is up for discussion...)  And through a bit of twists and turns and other Drama, she pulls poor Caitlin into the world on the other side, normally unperceived by ‘normals.’  Magic is a reality, gods and goddesses walk the land, other strange creatures come up from the dark places, and our normal young woman is thrust into it, doing her best to deal with it as the world that she knows rejects her.

*This idea is heavily inspired by Neil Gaiman’s books Neverwhere and American God’s I am looking to keep with a similar feel.  No truly world shaking magic, just small displays of supernatural power that sets the other’s and eventually Caitlin apart from the the people who haven't awakened.

** This could work as a one on one, or as a group game...  Either way I want all players to help create the World Behind the Curtain.  If this does end up turning into a large game I would like players to take the role of "the others"

*** I would prefer a woman to be playing the young woman Caitlin encounters, and she will be a love interest, once barriers are broken down by her newfound situation.

Trieste

*paws longingly* Will you post the link when you get someone? :)

Elohim

*grins*  I'd be happy to put up a link when it gets off the ground.  Thanks for your interest in lurking.

Trieste

Yay! :D I need to stop wandering these forums unless I have room for games... Bad of me. ;)

Bruja

This sounds fascinating Seraph, would love to take a role of an other, did something/someone specifically in mind for this woman the young lady meets?

Elohim

Well, I planned on trying to construct the storyline with my co-writer.  I tend not to plot out a story, beyond what I’m looking for until I realize what my partner is trying to get out it.  If you’d like to work it out via private messages, I’d be happy to discuss it with you...  At least, after I’ve gotten a little sleep.

The Great Triangle

I'd be interested in doing a cameo as the Egyptian god Ptah.  Known as "The Architect" he was the overseer of monument construction in ancient Egypt, and now he works by day at a modest construction firm, placing odd features and "added value" into the construction of buildings.  On weekends, he checks up on the plans he's made through his construction.

I'm not quite certain where he'd show up and in what role he'd appear in the story though.  Essentially, he's a conservative down to earth guy who happens to be able to draw up a really good set of blueprints and motivate people to make them a reality.  He might end up as a benevolent grandfather type, or an institutional antagonist who tries to keep the protagonists from rocking the boat by bringing more people into the secret world.
Meow!  I'm a kitty; made of fire.

Ons and Offs

Elohim

JadeCore

Oo, sounds interesting... *sits in the corner hoping to get invited or something*

Sugarman (hal)

I'm willing to play a underling  dark creature, a pet of a main character  ;D
"And in the end
The love you take
Is equal to the love you make."

My On/Off's

Shadowz

Sounds like an interesting foray... Just started to get into Neil Gaiman’s writing, so i would have an interest in coming aboard with this if there is room *grins*