Galactic Peacekeepers

Started by Archangel, April 30, 2008, 08:11:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Archangel

I had this idea for a game last night, so I figured while it was fresh in my mind I’d write it down, and what better place than here!!!

The idea revolves around the subject of peacekeeping on a galactic scale, in a galaxy relatively far away… In the future, Earth is united under one banner, though the typical prejudices and discrimination that seems to be plaguing our fine planet never really fades (as it likely never will).

Humans set out and colonize the other planets in our solar system and then we move onto the next, and then the next. Eventually the human race encounters other intelligent life, then another species, then another. After a number of conflicts and border wars, the civilized species of the galaxy form a Galactic version of the United Nations, an organization based on keeping the peace between all races, one that helps regulate free trade and sets forth rules and regulations for new explorations, ensuring that the rights and privileges are the same for all peoples, as they are all, created equal…

Now we turn to the present day, two warlike races have laid claim to a newly discovered system, both refuse to allow the other entry, and for the first time since the creation of the Galactic Alliance for Peace (GAP) war looms. The two races, one a wolf/human like hybrid and the other an insectoid race reluctantly agree to a GAP force to be placed in the system while the races negotiate for peace. Both sides attempt forays into the system, frustrating the peacekeepers station there.

Earth forces are in command and make up the bulk of the peacekeeping forces, though several near-human races have also sent contingents. A rag tag fleet patrols the space lanes, looking for infractions against the treaty and to stop pirates and outlaws that may be using the system to hide and lay low. Earth marines are stationed aboard older model space stations and on recon outposts on the various planets and moons in the system…

Is there more to the system than meets the eye? Why are the two races so concerned about the fact that Earth was so eager to send troops and ships to the system, and in such large numbers? These are all questions that are begging to be answered…

The Earth forces of the future would be based on the UEG forces from the HALO universe, without the Spartans, obviously. Characters would be human or near-human members of the peacekeeping force.

I haven’t really given much thought on a plot or anything like that, this is just to describe the setting and gauge interest if any…

EDIT: Just to clarify, the story has absolutely nothing to do with the HALO universe. I simply like the political make-up of the UEG forces, they are simple and easy to carry into a different setting, basically just drag and drop.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you...

Kitikat

I really do like the sound of the setting... space-opera enough to be fun, but certainly plausible enough to limit the suspension of disbelief required :D

Please count me as distinctly interested if this gets going :)
Bisexual, prefers to play female or T* characters
Ons and Offs and more!