Assassins Among Us Rules/Roles/OOC

Started by persephone325, April 15, 2013, 04:22:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

persephone325

Assassins have always done their work in the shadows. But lately, they've been getting a bit sloppy. The people of the community have been catching onto them, and have already weeded out some of their best men. This is the last chance for the assassins to redeem themselves and prove their worth to their leader.

Only one questions remains. Will you help them, or hinder them?

How does this game work?

The game is a strategy and sneaking game, not a role play. Though plenty of 'role playing' is done in the 'flavor text' (voting), the primary point of the game is to discover the assassins, or kill off the targets depending on your alignment. The players are assigned a role before the game begins with assassins, targets and special roles. The goal for either side is to eliminate the opposite. Feel free to make descriptions of what you are doing, have fun with it, etc, but these will not affect the game-play.

How do you win?

~The goal of the targets is to find out who the assassins are and eliminate them before all the innocents are killed. The targets win when they correctly figure out who is the Assassin Leader, or when all the assassins are eliminated.
~The goal of the assassins is to eliminate the targets before their identities are discovered. The assassins win when their numbers equal or outweigh the targets.

Notes

~Once the game has started, no new players can join unless requested by the GM to replace a member who had to leave.
~You must have access to PMs to play this game. I'm sorry unapproved members.
~The game decides your alignment, not your friendships.
~Your roles will be PM'ed to you before the game starts.
~The assassins are made aware of who other assassins are after the GM has made the opening post.
~You are required to post/vote. Anyone who has not voted for three rounds is likely to be removed by the GM to keep the game running smoothly.
~Assassins cannot attack other assassins.
~Night phases are when the assassins pick a target to eliminate. Day phases are when people publicly vote against who they think are working with the assassins.
~If someone is kept alive by a special role, you know that person is innocent. (Use this to your advantage, special roles! These people are on your side! Talk to them!)
~The game is a game of lies and deception. Lying about your role, motivation and what others have said/done in private is encouraged.
~Players are encouraged to talk among themselves, form alliances, and etc. Please add persephone325 to any game related PMs!
~Remember that everything you hear could be a lie... who can you really trust?
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

persephone325

Rules for the Forum Games

Dead characters don't talk. If/When you die, you should not post in the active game thread until the game has ended. Do not discuss the game with anyone of the living players, and do not discuss the game where living players can see it. This applies especially to the OOC threads. You can always chat with your fellow ghosts, and with the GM, but make sure no one living can read it.

There's no copy machine. You cannot directly quote/copy anything game related that was told to you anywhere other than in the active game. For example, you can tell others what role you received (and lie about it), but you cannot actually quote the text stating your role. Likewise, you can tell others what people told you (and make stuff up), but you can't actually quote what they said to you. You can of course quote anything said in the game thread, since everyone can read it. For clarification, copying someone's text without using the board quote tags is still quoting and still against the rules.

Monitor the game, not the players. Do not go check the Who's Online often to see what players are doing. Do not go check when each player was last online right after a certain action occured. Base your opinions on what players are saying, not on outside elements!

The game decides the team. If you're a bad guy, and your best buddy is not, then so be it. You are still supposed to kill each other. Do not tell anyone your role, just because they're a friend of you.

Games are for fun. This is a game, and it's supposed to be fun. Keep this in mind when playing, and don't try to think anything bad about the other players. See them as enemies or suspects in the game, but friends outside the game!

Keep the GM entertained. Whenever you send another player a PM regarding the game, send it to me as well. I'd like to read up on the discussion between players :)

Rules for Voting

Voting is mandatory. You cannot abstain from voting. After all, a major part of the game is based on deducting the voting pattern of other players. Preferably, everyone should vote as fast as possible, but of course people also have other things on their mind, so it's impractical to force people to vote within a certain time limit. However, if you have time to reply to the thread, you also have time to post your vote. (Your first post should contain a vote, when applicable).

Please do not hold back your vote until there are more votes in. If everyone starts thinking like that, then eventually nobody would vote anymore. Just bring out a random vote, and change your vote at a later time, if you found a more suitable target.

Votes can always be changed. Until a "Final Lynch Vote" tally is posted, you may change your vote as many times and as often as you like.

Please do not consider the person that votes first a 'bad guy', simply for the reason that they voted first. That person just happens to be the person to check the thread first, and if everyone always accuses the person first to vote, then nobody will vote first anymore, meaning nobody will vote anymore.

Do not vote based on game experience. Just because LadySky plays in every game, or Saffron is the GM in most games, that doesn't make them a target. The point of the game is to play well, and I will not accept votes based on "Well they're a strong player... we should take them out first." (This applies to lynching and assassinations).

Vote in bold. Whenever you cast a vote on someone, be sure to put the name in [ b ]bold[ /b ], so I can easily check who is being voted on.

You cannot vote on yourself for the lynch. You can only vote on others.

Do not edit your posts. If you change your opinion, make a new post with your new vote. Everything that's said in the thread should be visible at all times.
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

persephone325

Player Roles:

Good Guys:
~Undercover Neutral Party - Is able to infiltrate the Assassin's group and find out one of their roles. Can only be used once in the game.
~Doctor/Medical personnel - Can choose to heal anyone attacked twice during the game, including themselves. (They cannot heal anyone killed by the Master Marksman.)
~Police officer - Equipped with a bullet proof vest. Able to withstand a regular attack.
~Regular citizen - No special abilities.

Bad Guys:
~Assassin Leader - Decides who will carry out a hit.** Breaks a tie if two targets have the same amount of votes.
~Master Marksman - His/her attacks instantly kill the intended target. This ability can only be used twice during the game.
~Regular Assassin - No special abilities.

**How this works: Each night the assassins will choose a target to eliminate. They must each suggest a name to the Leader, and send it to him/her via PM.

Example: "I vote to assassinate persephone325." They would each send their votes to the Leader. If persephone325 has the majority of the votes, the Leader will announce this to the hitmen via PM and would then choose either the Master Marksman, or a regular hitman to carry out the task.

If the Leader chooses to eliminate the target by use of a regular hitman, and that target is the police officer or is healed by the doctor, they will have survived the hit. If the Leader chooses the Master Marksman, the character is killed no matter their role.

If persephone325 and MabFaerie each have an equal number of votes, the Leader would then decide which target to eliminate and then decided who should carry out the task. Once again, letting the hitmen know who he/she has chosen.
I don't know.

persephone325

So this is my game! I'd like to start off with a small group, as this will be a trial run to see if any kinks/flaws should arise. If everyone likes it, I can run it again but better!

Interested Players (No more than 10!)
Ark Noah
Chelemar
Josietta
MabFaerie
MolotovXsugaR
Mr Bigglesworth
Remiel
Silver
Starlequin
yugi006
I don't know.

SunshineSparkle

O&O    A&A    Avatars

Josietta

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

MabFaerie

Alright, I'll bite. Colour me interested!
The mind is it's own place; and can make a heaven of hell; and a hell of heaven.

Mr Bigglesworth

yugi006

Starlequin

You live for the fight when it's all that you've got.

MolotovXsugaR

Now that I'm far more active, I'm more than Happy to join! Looks fun.

♥ It's only after we've lost everything, that we're free to do anything - Tyler Durden ♥

Remiel

Never can say no to these.   If there's not enough space, however, I'll cede my spot to someone who hasn't played in a mafia game before.

persephone325

Quote from: Remiel on April 16, 2013, 03:06:16 PM
Never can say no to these.   If there's not enough space, however, I'll cede my spot to someone who hasn't played in a mafia game before.

Nope! There's room! I might increase the capacity to 12, though I'm debating about it. I don't want the game to be over too soon with only 10 people.
I don't know.

persephone325

If anyone has any friends that might be interested, go ahead and point them towards this thread. I'd love to get this started soon. :-)
I don't know.

DudelRok

I'm so busy! x.x

I want to but I really can't. :(

I AM THE RETURN!

DudelWiki | On/Off Thread | A/A Thread

Josietta

I poked Aiden and told him to come over. We'll see if he listens or ends up spanking me for demanding he join  *snicker*

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

Chelemar

Yes, please do count me in. :)  Sounds like fun.

Formless

I actually never participated in a group game.

I'm intrigued but ... I think I'll observe for now and join the next time.

Silver

O/O's  Request Thread  A/A's
Now Playing: Star - ♡ Machinedrum (A$AP Ferg Remix)
People fear what they don't understand, But then they get mad because they don't dare to do it, Everybody a shinin' star, they ain't get far so they can't prove it, Most stars foolish, full of gas, useless, Pushin' bad influence, wonder what happened to 'em?, They say hurt people hurt people, guess that is proven, They put on a mask to mask feelings, Fill the universe with mass ceilings, Most people not even tappin' in...♡

persephone325

Alrighty. Sunshine had to withdraw due to RL unforseen issues. But we know have 10 people ready to play. So I will be making an opening post sometime today and PMing you all your roles. I hope you all have fun with this! (I'm a bit nervous! lol)

EDIT: Roles have been sent out. Please let me know if I missed anyone!
I don't know.

persephone325

Quote from: Ark Noah on April 17, 2013, 05:01:55 AM
I actually never participated in a group game.

I'm intrigued but ... I think I'll observe for now and join the next time.

Oh my god... I misread your post as you wanting to participate. Would you like me to see if I can switch you out with someone else? I'm really really sorry. I think I was half-asleep when I read your post.

Due to my incompetence, Noah would like to just sit out and observe this run. He'll be the first casualty of the game, unless someone wants to join in his place.
I don't know.

persephone325

Since we have such a small group, I'd like to be able to get this round finished within the next 24 hours.
I don't know.

persephone325

I'd like to have this wrapped up by 9 or 10. It doesn't have to be a fancy post, just as long as you get your votes in. :-)
I don't know.

persephone325

Once Mab gets her vote in, we'll be moving to the next round.

Assassins, start working on who you want to eliminate! Neutral party, let me know if you would like to use your ability.
I don't know.

persephone325

20 minutes to change your votes if you wish. Any changes after 10pm won't count.
I don't know.