Looking for: Small to Large PF group, Players/Dm

Started by OyabunKobold, December 02, 2014, 01:14:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OyabunKobold

So I have a small itch I need scratched and thats giving my Slyph Sniper some attention via a game.

I currently have Her built Sans Description/personality/background/equipment for levels 1-20 and thus would be willing to roll for anything be it a Homebrew world/module/Dm's Decision. I would like this to be a Group Adventure/campaign of anywhere from 3 or more in size Ill leave the size up to the Dm's Discretion

Shes not a Normal Slyph but She is balanced towards the core races that have 10-11 RP builds.

Slyph changes: (moving it from 6 rp to 10 rp)

Flexible (+1 RP): +2 Dex +2 Int
Small Size
Swift as Shadows (3 RP): -5 DC Stealth for moving full speed -4 Dc for sniping Stealth

She is currently built For 25 Point buy as well as having Breeze-Kissed Like the wind and Swift as wind Alternate Racial traits from the Slyph race.

She can easily be run 20 or 30 point buy and without the Like the wind Trait change if the Dm would want her to be And I can use the Normal Slyph as well if its too much of a problem.

Just looking for a home to meander her around in and give her and her muse some attention  ;D

Currently owed posts: 0/0 | Currently owed Pms: 0| Currently owed offline posts: 0/0
Current Roleplay capacity 0/0

Muse

A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

OyabunKobold

Sweet so 2 players so far :3 and a lot of views mayhaps this is a possible thing.

Currently owed posts: 0/0 | Currently owed Pms: 0| Currently owed offline posts: 0/0

OyabunKobold

So a Quick update:

We have 3 players interested in running an adventure counting myself 1 from here 1 from a pm were looking for a Dm and maybe another player to round out the group.

Only thing to add to the Dm as per request of one of the players is that the Dm be willing to give the roleplay their attention and stick around so as to not have another roleplay just suddenly die without warning.

OyabunKobold

I'm not sure if we have 3 people still wanting to run but I myself am interested in giving my Sylph a play-through so I'm still looking for a dm/partners in crime :D

OyabunKobold

just a minor bump showing continued interest in finding a group for my sylph

LuciferOs

What section would this be in / and how sex focused would this game be ?

I may be interested but I am not sure if I am of the tastes that others expect in a female player (have a look at my ons and offs) and I do like playing with heavy sexual themes.

Hi there

That's right ! Lucifer is a woman !
Active threads
See my role play preferences (underneath my picture) for my ons and offs

Mantis Shrimp Prime

I've always been interested in doing some Pathfinder lately...
You still looking for a GM?

Muse

A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Mantis Shrimp Prime

Tentative interest as GM then... depending on what exactly potential players are interested in and expect from a DM in this case.

Blinkin

I'll put out tentitive interest, depending on the scenario offered and the party make-up. I'll admit that I'm not really thrilled with a game set uparound one character, but we'll see what hppens.
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

OyabunKobold

Lets get down to replies.

@ Luci

I would expect that this would be somewhat high up in the ratings Im not exactly sure how high to be honest. As for a Sexually charged game I wouldnt mind if it is but personally i try to drift away from mostly sex driven games.

That being said it would be up to the DM more than me on how sexual the game is.

@Mantis

Why yes we are still looking for a GM Ill pop a Pm to to other two people who were interested long ago if they are still interested but we do still need a GM.

What I personally expect from a DM and a Player is that they are fair, invested, And overall communicative with the group. Had far too many games in the past up and die because people just dropped off the face of the earth without warning. Id prefer not to have such happen.

@Muse

Woot you beat me to it so at least we know 2 people are still interested now to send off a PM to the other one.

@Blinkin

If that's what worries you then you can put it aside. I do have a class/race concept that I want to try out but the character itself can be modeled and molded to be whatever is desired for any kind of game. If the GM decides they want to travel to Ravengro for some Carrion Crown Hijinks, Run a Kingmaker game, send a group of baddie bad guys escaping jail, Or something wholly their own without a modular game then by all means Ill adapt my char to fit.

Even tho the race is somewhat altered if the DM preferred Id run it with a normal Sylph as well not to make any waves. I'm just more interested in the class build to be honest. Trying to see if the build is good and will last long term as compared to other builds where the mage of the group has in the past just taken over doing everything in the group better leaving many people feeling more like they are just the baggage carrier.

So long as I can use the class I'm good with changing everything to fit the needs of the setting we are given. I just figured I might as well put everything Id like on the table so that people can see.

Blinkin

The reason why I had not shown interest in this before is because it seemed like you were trying to build a game around a character that you had already developed. Like your mage example, the game would essencially be focused by one player/character and everyone else in a secondary position. If it's a party effort, then I'm cool with it; everyone in a party has a role to fill and while someone may get the spotlight from time to time, everyone gets something to do.

In one of my first pathfinder games on E, the very first encounter, a mage dropped a fireball that did 20D in damage. The next closest character to that was a piddly 3D8 with some minor additions from feats.  So, guess who ruled the game whenever there was an encounter?

Anyway, as long as everything doesn't focus on one character, I'm cool. I'll probably toss up a Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade) when the generation details are announced. Beyond that, the sex and so on will depend on the party make-up. If it's heavily female, I'll make a male just to have some diversity. If it looks about half and half, I'll make a female because I only get to play them in group games. *shrugs* We'll see what happens.
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

OyabunKobold

Ahs yeah I see i see.

No I'm more of a team player type person Yes my character and how her class is built would probably take up the forward scout/Ranged DPS role of the group however big it is but I'm not looking for a here she is here is her podium game. To be perfectly honest I'm not all that comfortable playing a character that gets tons of attention without any real reason behind it.

If she shot a dragon in the eye while running away on horseback sending it sprawling in pain into a unholy nexus that ended the world ending spell and killed the evil beast well then sure she should get attention. Starting out though I'm figuring it is more Shes Like anyone else type person whom is trying to make a mark in the world with her own desires and past fluffing her up.

Mantis Shrimp Prime

Quote from: OyabunKyuubi on January 08, 2015, 09:04:25 AM
I would expect that this would be somewhat high up in the ratings Im not exactly sure how high to be honest. As for a Sexually charged game I wouldnt mind if it is but personally i try to drift away from mostly sex driven games.

My take on this is, I definitely would have a game where players wouldn't have to shy away from sex (since most
And character could definitely have heavy sexual themes, but the content wouldn't be on a level you'd do with a typical smut-roleplaying partner.
i.e. expect a natural flow of things. Not summoning succubi just to get a random forced sex scene.

Even tho the race is somewhat altered if the DM preferred Id run it with a normal Sylph as well not to make any waves. I'm just more interested in the class build to be honest. Trying to see if the build is good and will last long term as compared to other builds where the mage of the group has in the past just taken over doing everything in the group better leaving many people feeling more like they are just the baggage carrier.

So long as I can use the class I'm good with changing everything to fit the needs of the setting we are given. I just figured I might as well put everything Id like on the table so that people can see.

I'm pretty permissive to tinkering, 3rd party stuff, adapting 3.5 material, maybe a bit of homebrew. Lord knows *I* do that as a DM. Just as long as everyone's happy and people feel there's no... inequality.

As for other stuff... if prospective players want to put some preferences for level (do you want to be level 1 newbies, or veteran 10th level adventurers), setting and tone (like a Ravenloft-ish horror, a intrigue-laden urban setting, etc).

Otherwise I can pitch a few things.

OyabunKobold

I have a base sheet filled out for level 1-20 so any level is fine the only problem being i have never ran a character that's been passed level 7... so I'm not 100% sure what a lvl 8+ character looks like equipment wise and thus might end up coming out weaker than I should due to less than decent buys.

As for the setting I'm completely open to whatever others want though I wouldn't mind changing things up and maybe being a Evil group or in a setting like Eberron or something like that. Maybe even going into a Horror type setting to mix things up a bit. The whole Lotr type settings are a dime a dozen and being in a newish setting would be fun if nothing else. :3

Mantis Shrimp Prime

Kay. So let's go with...
Level 5. Standard wealth-by-level for items.
20 point buy (except it's a straight 1-for-1 instead of whatever they usually use.)
Max hp per die.
Since I hate rolling for anything permanent in character creation.

Setting/Story ideas will pend some other feedback from interested players.

Muse

So we have a swashbckler and a sniper (Whatever that is.) 

Sounds like we need a caster type.  I was hoping to run my magus, but it sounds like a cleric or focused arcanist might fit better. 

OyabunKobold

Whats the base stats for the 20 point buy?

Like 10 and then 1:1 or 8 then 1:1?

LuciferOs

whats the standard wealth by level for level 5 ?
That's right ! Lucifer is a woman !
Active threads
See my role play preferences (underneath my picture) for my ons and offs

OyabunKobold

indarkestknight

Posting tentative interest dependent on story and setting. Since swashbuckler is taken (Hi Blinkin), how do you feel about Synthesist summoners, Mantis Shrimp Prime?

Blinkin

5th level works for me.

Do you mean, by a 1 for 1 that a 14 would be 4 points instead of 5, a 15 would be 5 instead of 7 and so on? That'll give some fairly high stats.

And hi, yeah, I got the swashbuckler in first. *sticking out tongue* nahhhh! lol

A sniper is an archetype of the Slayer class, I believe. Basically a ranger with a big single shot instead of feathering something with arrows. There's potential for the feathering, but it degrades the chances to hit.

As it's level 5, I may throw in a level of bard for variety, but I'll have to look at things first.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

OyabunKobold

Quote from: Blinkin on January 08, 2015, 07:54:44 PM
5th level works for me.

Do you mean, by a 1 for 1 that a 14 would be 4 points instead of 5, a 15 would be 5 instead of 7 and so on? That'll give some fairly high stats.

And hi, yeah, I got the swashbuckler in first. *sticking out tongue* nahhhh! lol

A sniper is an archetype of the Slayer class, I believe. Basically a ranger with a big single shot instead of feathering something with arrows. There's potential for the feathering, but it degrades the chances to hit.

As it's level 5, I may throw in a level of bard for variety, but I'll have to look at things first.

Sniper is a archtype of rogue actually.

There is a slayer archtype but the rogue one is better as the slayer one goes up 5 ft at the cost of talents whereas the rogue one goes up 10 ft every 3 levels no cost by lvl 20 ill have a 90ft Sneak attack and all my talents compared to a slayer having 90ft and no talents.

Mantis Shrimp Prime

Quote from: Muse on January 08, 2015, 07:17:59 PM
So we have a swashbckler and a sniper (Whatever that is.) 

Someone that hunts elusive birds, I think.

Quote from: OyabunKyuubi on January 08, 2015, 07:19:10 PM
Whats the base stats for the 20 point buy?

Like 10 and then 1:1 or 8 then 1:1?

10. Like usual.  I always do the 1:1 because it's simpler to check the numbers.
Seeing if someone spent the 5 points to reach 14 is just... too much trouble for me.

Quote from: LuciferOs on January 08, 2015, 07:23:16 PM
whats the standard wealth by level for level 5 ?

Quote from: indarkestknight on January 08, 2015, 07:35:37 PM
Posting tentative interest dependent on story and setting. Since swashbuckler is taken (Hi Blinkin), how do you feel about Synthesist summoners, Mantis Shrimp Prime?

Should be fine.
Despite I see it's one of those things people seem to be bugged about a lot.
I suppose it will have to depend on our overall group template and  power, since, I see concerns over it being too powerful.

Quote from: Blinkin on January 08, 2015, 07:54:44 PM
5th level works for me.

Yup yup.