I'm looking for a program to help improve my combats in DnD...

Started by Ajoxer, April 01, 2006, 07:25:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ajoxer

I'm thinking of maybe using Microsoft Excel or something, but can anyone think of a more effective customizable grid thing? Would definetly help me out with things.
I have a shock collar, designed for maximum Player/GM efficiency. If you see that I have not properly been fulfilling my duties in posting regularly, or a game being held back because I haven't posted, PM me and give me hell!

Hunter

Ajoxer

Hmmm... Depends, if nobody else has a particular idea, then yeah, scrapish.

Not the first time, by god.
I have a shock collar, designed for maximum Player/GM efficiency. If you see that I have not properly been fulfilling my duties in posting regularly, or a game being held back because I haven't posted, PM me and give me hell!

Hunter

I didn't like the addition of the grid system in 3.x as it makes it too wargamish.  And I'd rather not have to wait five minutes for a player to decide which travel path he should use so he can still attack at the end of his move....

Ajoxer

Well, let's face it, it's PBP, five minutes don't do much. :-P. We shall see, anyway. Chances are, yeah, we shant use the grid...

Celestial Goblin

Try VASSAL game engine. It's for playing tabletop games 'virtually' trough the net, but you can also use it for yourself. There's a 'miniatures skirmish battles' module that's an adaptation of latest D&D wargame rules. It not only has grid for you to play around but also tools for checking LoS and spells with cone and area effects.
http://www.vassalengine.org/community/index.php